TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Striker Planemate

I am the worst owner of the Planemate. I know it is solid and am on round 2 of owning it, but it just continues to sit in the garage. Need to force myself to get on the protocol.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

33 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

IMG_0865.GIF

And so far, I'm loving it! I took it outside to work on the day 1 drill on follow through and short pitch shots, and it was money. I had to use foam balls because my front yard is small and was hitting them straight! I'll probably stick with day 1 until the weekend to get a feel for the proper follow through and not starting the club to the inside (a huge flaw of mine). 

And so far, I'm loving it! I took it outside to work on the day 1 drill on follow through and short pitch shots, and it was money. I had to use foam balls because my front yard is small and was hitting them straight! I'll probably stick with day 1 until the weekend to get a feel for the proper follow through and not starting the club to the inside (a huge flaw of mine). 

You’re going to cost me a lot of money here! Haha great stuff for day 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I have watch the promo videos on this 50 times and I’ve probably had it my cart 20 times ready to hit buy and something always talks me out of it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Ok. Now that I have spent some time with the planemate. Here are my thoughts. As a training aid junkie....this is without a doubt the most helpful training aid ever invented. My inside takeaway is completely gone. My ball flight at the indoor golf dome and on my Skytrak are like watching the same shot get hit over and over and over again. Short game is on point as well.  Looking forward to golf trip in March!!!

Interesting, thanks for the review. I’m kinda hard sell on self help products, thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yesterday was day two of day one with the Planemate. It still surprises me how far inside I start the takeaway and so far I'm really liking the feedback I'm getting in order to fix this problem. Another thing I found I need to work on is rotation in the follow through. I'm not getting my weight on my left heel at the finish and I've noticed I'm letting my right leg get stuck behind me and not getting that knee pointed more toward the target. I'll probably do this drill through Friday before moving on to day two and the one handed swings. 

I've tabled my PlaneMate at the moment. Not the fault of the device by any means, just starting to get busy with work ramping back up and also #CobraConnect stuff.

I don't think this was the fault of the PM, but after playing really good golf for about two weeks following the level one protocols, I started really having problems with my takeaway becoming all arms. I think I was just trying to put the club into position rather than using my body to do so. Not sure if that was caused by the PM or not.

Looking forward to the offseason, because the relax and rotate feel is something my coach has me working on. The only caveat is for me I get to my left heel too quickly, so I need to be wary of that as well. My weight needs to go into the front of my left foot first before it can move over to the heel.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

It's interesting to read how the same training device induces such different responses between different users! The golf swing is such a funny thing.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 7/23/2020 at 7:28 AM, edingc said:

I've tabled my PlaneMate at the moment. Not the fault of the device by any means, just starting to get busy with work ramping back up and also #CobraConnect stuff.

I don't think this was the fault of the PM, but after playing really good golf for about two weeks following the level one protocols, I started really having problems with my takeaway becoming all arms. I think I was just trying to put the club into position rather than using my body to do so. Not sure if that was caused by the PM or not.

Looking forward to the offseason, because the relax and rotate feel is something my coach has me working on. The only caveat is for me I get to my left heel too quickly, so I need to be wary of that as well. My weight needs to go into the front of my left foot first before it can move over to the heel.

I have the exact opposite problem, I leave my weight on the outside of my left foot and have always had problems getting it to shift to my heel. I think it might have something to do with me having a little more sway in my weight shift instead of rotating. The way the Planemate encourages turning has helped me find the proper weight shift. 

I started on the day 2 training today that consists of one handed swings and I gotta say, I can feel it in my arms. I didn't get to hit too many balls as the mosquitoes were out in full force and they cause me to itch like a madman. I went outside later with my wife and was swinging the SW and could still feel the ghost arms like the Planemate was still guiding me. It's a strange feeling, but it's good to know that I'm starting to feel what this training aid is all about. 

Boy, if there was ever a golfer that needed this, it's me. I am the worst over-the-top swing'r ever. My job security is questionable at best currently, or I'd order one in a heartbeat.

Really enjoying hearing feedback on this device. I saw they have a BUNCH of tour pros using them on their Instagram, but lets be honest, Tour pros don't make good equipment sales people. Having a hack golfer improve using your tool is how it sells.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

Wanted to give a quick update on my progress

The Planemate has become part of every warm up routine.  Whether I'm just out at the range for the day, or getting ready for a round.  I've modified the warm up protocol just a bit from what is suggested to fit me a bit more.  The protocol has you doing 5 shots with the Planemate, followed by 5 shots without.  I've been hitting a minimum of 5 with the Planemate, but don't switch to swinging without it until feel my swing and rhythm feel right.

I've also started venturing out more into the "Advanced Protocols."  The most recent one has been greenside bunkers.  It has you using the short band, but really focusing on standing the shaft up quickly in the backswing.  I was able to find a good practice bunker and hit some of the best shots I've ever hit out of it.  Normally, I'll get lucky and get a few good ones, but this was repeatable!  

Hands down, this is the best training aid I've ever used!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I just did my first session of the day 5 protocol, resist, relax, and rotate. This is the meat and potatoes of what the Planemate is all about. You keep the resistance in the band going to halfway and continue to hold the resistance through until you reach the top of the swing. You then relax the hands which are then shallowed by the band. Then you rotate the body through the shot. 

This is the one routine I'm going to spend a lot of time with in order to get the feeling down. I know this is touted as a seven day program, but as someone who works in auto manufacturing, I understand the value of repetition when learning something new. I want this to become second nature and not something I have to think about when swinging a club. 

I tried hitting some balls and initially found myself letting my arms overtake my body, leading to some pretty bad results. Once I started trying to collect the ball with the club, it started getting better. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can continue to go outside and practice or I'm going to have to move things around on the carport to make room to swing. 

Not having insight into the rest of the protocols beyond the 7-days, what's everyone's assessment of the utility of Planemate as an indoor offseason training aid?

I'm stationed in Omaha, which means winter and cold temperatures...my ceiling is tall enough in the basement to hit wiffle/practice balls with a short iron, I just (obviously) wouldn't have any ball flight to actually observe. In your opinion does Planemate have value for an offseason of basement training?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

11 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Not having insight into the rest of the protocols beyond the 7-days, what's everyone's assessment of the utility of Planemate as an indoor offseason training aid?

I'm stationed in Omaha, which means winter and cold temperatures...my ceiling is tall enough in the basement to hit wiffle/practice balls with a short iron, I just (obviously) wouldn't have any ball flight to actually observe. In your opinion does Planemate have value for an offseason of basement training?

A lot of the focus is on body movement, so it can be done indoors.  I did all 7 protocols in my own house while I was working through them.  That being said, I feel it has always been beneficial to check things by hitting actual balls.  At least into a simulator so you can get some idea of the ball flight.  I thought I was working through everything perfectly, but when I went to the range for the first time, I had a pretty good slice.  I was able to work back through the protocols to figure it out, but I wouldn't have been able to do it without seeing some sort of ball flight.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

• 2 weeks later...

New member here.  But I have been rocking the Planemate for the past month.  Not as fastidiously as Goalie Mike!  But I've been using it on the range before my rounds just for 20 practice swings and about 10 balls hit with the Planemate.  Mostly the Day 5 protocol of "stress, stress, relax" is what I go through.  Helps bring on the ghost arms but really to get the feel of rotating my hips to a finish position.  Getting that feel helps put my swing into shape for the round.

I'm not sure I'm a 17 handicap, but that's what the Grint tells me I have.  Anyway, I typically shoot low 90s from regular men's tee or the tips.  Hit drives fairly straight, averaging 265 yds.  Since using the Planemate I've scored about 4 rounds in the 80s, as low as 82.  My swing has improved for sure, but I've also improved dramatically with my short irons.  To which I also owe a lot to Martin Chuck himself.   His youtube videos work for me.  Also my new Mizzies really let me aim at the pin from 170 yds and closer.

Driver: Taylormade M5 9.5* Tensei Stiff

Woods:  Orlimar Tri-metal 13* and 17* original stiff flex shafts (also have the SF-302 iron set 2-SW)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW

Wedges: Vokey 50*, Harry Taylor 56* and 60*

Putter: Bettinardi BB1 (original)

So I pulled the trigger and got a Planemate, and have now completed the 7-day protocol.  However, I had a very interesting first round since using it.  I hit balls on the range and I was striping it...I was convinced I was in line for a great round.  I then went out and shot the worst round of the season.  My putter was largely to blame for that, but my ball-striking was pretty awful.

Those of you with experience with the Planemate:  have you found it beneficial to try and replicate the feels of the Planemate while you're playing, or trust that the Planemate effect is slowly impactin your swing and just play?

I know in a way this is a stupid question; for most trying to play "golf-swing" is a bad idea.  I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else struggled the first time out...?

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So I pulled the trigger and got a Planemate, and have now completed the 7-day protocol.  However, I had a very interesting first round since using it.  I hit balls on the range and I was striping it...I was convinced I was in line for a great round.  I then went out and shot the worst round of the season.  My putter was largely to blame for that, but my ball-striking was pretty awful.

Those of you with experience with the Planemate:  have you found it beneficial to try and replicate the feels of the Planemate while you're playing, or trust that the Planemate effect is slowly impactin your swing and just play?

I know in a way this is a stupid question; for most trying to play "golf-swing" is a bad idea.  I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else struggled the first time out...?

Has taken me a couple months but has really helped by pitching game and shorter irons for sure.. My driver miss is now a hook which is better than my slice since i can play to the right edge of the fairway and be mostly fine.  i have lost distance on my mid and longer clubs from using this and fixing other swing faults. Hopefully i can gain a little of that back and gain consistency. The biggest thing i have found is, i need to stop trying to guide my swing and trust my motions instead. I think that is where the planemate will shine in terms of building muscle memory. This offseason will be huge since i plan to do the red band protocol in hopes to have all that muscle memory. Hope that helped.

My question to others, has anyone used this with the speedtrap 2.0 to just enforce swing plane and club head path? they seem like they may pair well together

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

7 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So I can comment and say after my initial enthusiasm, I've not really touched it for the past six weeks. I'm definitely going to work with it in the off-season, however.

I played really good golf after getting the PlaneMate, but I think a lot of my struggles for the past few weeks were the result of playing golf swing after getting it. I was finding myself too obsessed with certain pieces of the swing instead of just being athletic and letting it rip.

So much of my downswing success hinges on things like grip and alignment so those things can be worked on without the PM.

I do think my chipping got immediately better, however, and it's possibly worth it just for that. I found it really helped me to properly rotate through the chip using my entire body. I otherwise had a habit of doing everything with my arms only and stabbing at the ball, which led to all sorts of poor strikes while chipping.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

30 minutes ago, edingc said:

So I can comment and say after my initial enthusiasm, I've not really touched it for the past six weeks. I'm definitely going to work with it in the off-season, however.

I played really good golf after getting the PlaneMate, but I think a lot of my struggles for the past few weeks were the result of playing golf swing after getting it. I was finding myself too obsessed with certain pieces of the swing instead of just being athletic and letting it rip.

So much of my downswing success hinges on things like grip and alignment so those things can be worked on without the PM.

I do think my chipping got immediately better, however, and it's possibly worth it just for that. I found it really helped me to properly rotate through the chip using my entire body. I otherwise had a habit of doing everything with my arms only and stabbing at the ball, which led to all sorts of poor strikes while chipping.

Not specific to the Planemate, but I have the same issue of focusing too much on "golf swing" when I watch too many videos and try to implement what I see. I am in the same boat regarding setup. If my grip, alignment, and other elements are proper, then usually good things happen. But I find my setup starts to get faulty and sloppy at times.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

58 minutes ago, edingc said:

Thanks, you’re kind of confirming what I suspected.  I am going to crank through the initial 7-day protocol again this week to really bake it in, but when I play Friday and Sunday just try to play golf and hope some fundamental improvement comes through.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks, you’re kind of confirming what I suspected.  I am going to crank through the initial 7-day protocol again this week to really bake it in, but when I play Friday and Sunday just try to play golf and hope some fundamental improvement comes through.

Thanks again.

One of my best rounds of the year was a day or two after I spent about an hour just rehearsing days 1-3 in my basement hitting wiffles into some cushions. It was only after I tried to move further along in the days that I really struggled.

Due to COVID I wasn't able to work with full swings on the range, I do think that would have helped. I just don't have a good space at home to do that.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

42 minutes ago, edingc said:

One of my best rounds of the year was a day or two after I spent about an hour just rehearsing days 1-3 in my basement hitting wiffles into some cushions. It was only after I tried to move further along in the days that I really struggled.

Due to COVID I wasn't able to work with full swings on the range, I do think that would have helped. I just don't have a good space at home to do that.

You’re describing my entire practice routine.  Up until my Planemate purchase it’s almost always dry GOLFTEC drills in the basement.  Now I’m doing that, plus Planemate protocols with wiffle balls in the basement.  (And SuperSpeed MWF morning but who’s counting...)

I get to the range when I can, but full-time job, three little kids...

3 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks again.

I think the 5th day (resist, resist, relax) is the most important lesson to run through for warm ups before a round.  That "relax" move is the key for my swing, and I'm figuring it out on the course.  When the "relax" move is made, that's when I'm planting both feet for my rotation and  getting my lead wrist ready to roll into what I call the "Snap Impact" position so that my clubface will be square.  And actually my first practice hit on the range without the planemate usually results in a yank/hook.  But now my body is integrating that muscle memory better, and my game has been improving, but it hasn't been a linear progression for me - just that the general trend is that my scores are getting lower (I've been using the planemate for almost 2 months now).  My best rounds used to be  93-96, but now I have 8 rounds in the 80s over the past two weeks.

Driver: Taylormade M5 9.5* Tensei Stiff

Woods:  Orlimar Tri-metal 13* and 17* original stiff flex shafts (also have the SF-302 iron set 2-SW)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW

Wedges: Vokey 50*, Harry Taylor 56* and 60*

Putter: Bettinardi BB1 (original)

I'm always down for interesting new contraptions that will help my golf game.  Thanks for the info. 

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

1 hour ago, Markelly82 said:

I'm always down for interesting new contraptions that will help my golf game.  Thanks for the info. 

Well despite my concerns, I am confident it's going to help me improve.  I really was striping it on the range, and my usual pull was gone.  I just need to get out of my own head once I get to the first tee...

I'll continue to post feedback as I use it.  @edingcis probably taking the smarter approach and waiting until the offseason to go all in on it.  In my case, not many would accuse me of being smart...  🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Well I took the plunge. Planemate came in today. Definitely need to watch the set up video a little closer before going after day 1 again. Holy ghost hands though that feeling is crazy. Not sure how folks say they do it prior to a round as a warmup I felt silly trying to swing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

New here.  Actually found this thread while searching for Planemate Reviews.  I ordered mine yesterday and just got notified that I should have it on Friday.  Now I need to get a net and mat ordered so I can hit some balls in my garage.  The plan is that over the winter months in North Dakota I will work heavily with this Planemate.  Looking to get a Mevo+ and have a simulator in my garage that I can take down and move around, move it outside in the summer, etc.  

Thank you everyone that has taken the time to review this product.  I am looking forward to getting started.

• 1 month later...

Strapped the Planemate on with the longer green band today for the first time since July. When I first tried the longer band in July, I really struggled and couldn't figure out why. Not wanting to really mess up my golf swing in season, I stopped using the Planemate until this past week.

Much better results with the PM today. One of the changes I've been working on with my swing coach is getting the hand path less in-to-out. For me, the feeling is that the hands chop down left and beat my body during the downswing. When I execute this feeling correctly, I no longer have issues with the band going under my hands. 

I'll have to keep messing around with it some this winter. I really do enjoy the short green band for takeaway and following through work in my basement.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

34 minutes ago, edingc said:

Strapped the Planemate on with the longer green band today for the first time since July. When I first tried the longer band in July, I really struggled and couldn't figure out why. Not wanting to really mess up my golf swing in season, I stopped using the Planemate until this past week.

Much better results with the PM today. One of the changes I've been working on with my swing coach is getting the hand path less in-to-out. For me, the feeling is that the hands chop down left and beat my body during the downswing. When I execute this feeling correctly, I no longer have issues with the band going under my hands. 

I'll have to keep messing around with it some this winter. I really do enjoy the short green band for takeaway and following through work in my basement.

What's your understanding of their prescription for when to use the red band?

I've glanced through the videos and see the red band being used/recommended for offseason strength building.  I've been cycling through the advanced protocols with the long green band for several weeks now and I'm wondering if it would be to my benefit to migrate to the red band.  But, I've also seen precautionary statements on the site stating that the red is only intended for more advanced players, which I certainly am not!

25 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

What's your understanding of their prescription for when to use the red band?

I've glanced through the videos and see the red band being used/recommended for offseason strength building.  I've been cycling through the advanced protocols with the long green band for several weeks now and I'm wondering if it would be to my benefit to migrate to the red band.  But, I've also seen precautionary statements on the site stating that the red is only intended for more advanced players, which I certainly am not!

The videos seem to show the bands as a workout tool mostly. I doubt I'll switch to them, as right now I have enough trouble standing up the shaft with the green band 🤣.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: