TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Striker Planemate

Just now, rbsiedsc said:

so its funny you mention NTC. I actually am going for a different feel from his Efficient swing series of feeling the right shoulder look back. Both accomplish the same thing

Monte recorded a new swing series just for NTC that goes into much more detail with drills than the Efficient Swing series does.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Kenny B said:

Monte recorded a new swing series just for NTC that goes into much more detail with drills than the Efficient Swing series does.

Ya I have both series

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Thanks for the observations. I do have limited mobility and when I do try to rotate and I film it side on, I have a sway to my swing. I will say yes, my hand to seem to be too high, although the angle of my camera to the protocol video is different. When I try to get more depth in my hip rotation, it also feels like I am about to fall over. Any advice is greatly appreciated. In terms of my butt position, I did the 18 birdies AI swing analyzer and it told me that I was rocking to far back and that my butt should stay in line. Is this not correct?

Allowing the knees and ankles to move and rotate will help with overall rotation. If they are “locked” into place the hips and torso will be restricted from turning. There should be some daylight between your legs at the top of the swing and the lead leg should increase in flexion while the trail leg loses some.

You want to feel like the shoulders start the swing with the left shoulder going down. Without doing anything this will have the arms raise a little when you are at p1. A little more bend in the left side will get the hands and arms to p2 aka hip high also at this point the hips should have a little bit of rotation. From this spot it’s some chest and hip rotation with trail arm fold. 

not sure what the analyzer was trying to tell you with butt staying in line. Like you I lacked rotation and depth in the takeaway. An instructor I worked with last year gave me a drill to do. Take your address position with your butt close to the wall but not touching. Feel the right shoulder and hips start by them rotating back, you should feel the butt press against the wall then finish the turn. At the top of that move you should feel the pressure in your right heel and be able to lift the toes on your right foot. There should be minimal pressure in your left heel and more in your toes. In transition downswing your right knee and hip should stay about where they are and you left hip/knee should be moving back and around. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

26 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

not sure what the analyzer was trying to tell you with butt staying in line. Like you I lacked rotation and depth in the takeaway. An instructor I worked with last year gave me a drill to do. Take your address position with your butt close to the wall but not touching. Feel the right shoulder and hips start by them rotating back, you should feel the butt press against the wall then finish the turn. At the top of that move you should feel the pressure in your right heel and be able to lift the toes on your right foot. There should be minimal pressure in your left heel and more in your toes. In transition downswing your right knee and hip should stay about where they are and you left hip/knee should be moving back and around. 

18birdies had me do this drill. Looking at the advanced protocols, My hand width on the downswing doesn't look terrible in comparison. I do agree I should get some more rotation in my swing. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

2 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Thanks for the observations. I do have limited mobility and when I do try to rotate and I film it side on, I have a sway to my swing. I will say yes, my hand to seem to be too high, although the angle of my camera to the protocol video is different. When I try to get more depth in my hip rotation, it also feels like I am about to fall over. Any advice is greatly appreciated. In terms of my butt position, I did the 18 birdies AI swing analyzer and it told me that I was rocking to far back and that my butt should stay in line. Is this not correct?

Here’s some stills I grabbed from the video. 

Here’s my amateur line drawing to show the address position. Based on angle and my line you can see the back of your armpit isn’t over the balls of your feet and your knees are slightly in front of the armpits. A better balance point is to have the back of the arm pit, knees and balls of the feet in a line.  I’ve seen several instructors and have had two different ones tell me at address the weight/pressure should be on the balls of the feet. As you rotate into the back swing the pressure then moves towards the heel and should really be felt where you shoes laces are tied, and the pressure in the front foot comes away from the heel. Then it reverses a bit the opposite way in the transition and downswing.

In the second pic it looks like you picked up your arms and put them in this position and didn’t rotate the upper spine/ shoulders, which will lead to getting the body and arms separated. They should maintain the triangle for the first couple feet, the one piece takeaway.

in the last pic you went from the second pic straight up with the arms and then at the top you had a slight bit of rotation to get the hands and shoulder back in preparation to relax the wrists and shallow the clubs.

a good drill to work on the shoulder movement is to put a club or alignment stick across the the shoulders and feel the left shoulder for down and the right should up and back so the end of the club or stick is pointing towards the ball.

Also to feel what I was saying about the shoulder moving the arms let your arms hang at address, keep your left arm pinned to the side, feel your left should go down move towards your trail said and feel how the arm moves by itself 

ED9866E6-CF9F-478A-8AC7-DF99326437D6.png

586AF4F5-D4CD-4B82-8C3A-EA8B46540395.jpeg

156913DB-3288-42F8-BFD1-3476DAC1AA39.jpeg

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

14 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

18birdies had me do this drill. Looking at the advanced protocols, My hand width on the downswing doesn't look terrible in comparison. I do agree I should get some more rotation in my swing. 

Yeah all of your downswing issues are a result of your takeaway and backswing. I noticed when getting the captures of setup and thru back swing that you again move the arms a lot to get them back towards the ball. If you slowly scroll thru your video when the club gets to parallel to the ground the toe is pointin straight up where it should be pointing more towards the ground then when it’s just off the ground before it gets to impact it’s pointing way to the right and your chest and hips are closed or square to your target line when the hips should be opened up and the chest opening. 

the big thing about the planemate is the rotation of the body. The 3 Rs

if you are on Instagram look up riggsgolf. He has a video going over the swing basics of in one of his recent posts. He also has a video of him using the planemate. He does a pretty good job exposing things.  Marring Chuck and David woods have some pretty good content on their YouTube channels

Anyone selling one ? If not going to get one for winter practice 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Here is my post planemate work today trying to work on posture and rotation. Really felt more ghost hands today. Need to think of only take 3/4 swing as I think I am over rotating. Also, @RickyBobby_PR, still don’t get what you mean with the left hip. I feel like I can’t turn it any more in the downswing. 

My Reviews:

33 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Here is my post planemate work today trying to work on posture and rotation. Really felt more ghost hands today. Need to think of only take 3/4 swing as I think I am over rotating. Also, @RickyBobby_PR, still don’t get what you mean with the left hip. I feel like I can’t turn it any more in the downswing. 

There some improved rotation in the backswing in the video as you can see a better change in the flexion of the legs and in your transition you get the squat and slight push back with the hips.

to me you are still raising the arms to get them into position which is causing you to have to move toward the ball at contact and afterward as you see you body move towards the ball and a big gap from where your were coming into impact and where you are post impact.

here’s a link with slow motion swing of Tyler coonts who has a pretty solid swing and you can see what his hips do and where his body is at impact and where it’s at in his impact position and post impact and see that he doesn’t move toward the ball with his whole body.

also a link to Martin Chucks swing from down the line. You can compare what your arms, chest and lower body is doing in comparison to his. His hands are arms are much closer to the body in his first. You can also see how his hips rotate back and around and he doesn’t move toward the ball either and no space created from where his backside is at impact to where it’s at post impact 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3PiXEFmXw/?igshid=16qefh5ujzb23

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI1BQRmDmtI/?igshid=7gv2v1lljcew

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There some improved rotation in the backswing in the video as you can see a better change in the flexion of the legs and in your transition you get the squat and slight push back with the hips.

to me you are still raising the arms to get them into position which is causing you to have to move toward the ball at contact and afterward as you see you body move towards the ball and a big gap from where your were coming into impact and where you are post impact.

here’s a link with slow motion swing of Tyler coonts who has a pretty solid swing and you can see what his hips do and where his body is at impact and where it’s at in his impact position and post impact and see that he doesn’t move toward the ball with his whole body.

also a link to Martin Chucks swing from down the line. You can compare what your arms, chest and lower body is doing in comparison to his. His hands are arms are much closer to the body in his first. You can also see how his hips rotate back and around and he doesn’t move toward the ball either and no space created from where his backside is at impact to where it’s at post impact 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3PiXEFmXw/?igshid=16qefh5ujzb23

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI1BQRmDmtI/?igshid=7gv2v1lljcew

Thanks. That is interesting with Martin's swing since in the protocols for the planemate, he says to stand it up like an umbrella, which can easily be interpreted as raising your hands high. It almost appears like he makes a simple 3/4 swing but ends up being a full turn with hands level with the shoulders. I wonder how that would feel with the planemate.

@edingc and @goaliewales14, have either of you noticed that with your planemate work?

My Reviews:

10 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Thanks. That is interesting with Martin's swing since in the protocols for the planemate, he says to stand it up like an umbrella, which can easily be interpreted as raising your hands high. It almost appears like he makes a simple 3/4 swing but ends up being a full turn with hands level with the shoulders. I wonder how that would feel with the planemate.

@edingc and @goaliewales14, have either of you noticed that with your planemate work?

Standing it up like and umbrella is referring to get the shaft vertical which makes it feel light. 

what he does is the left shoulder goes down and towards the ball the arms will have a very small a out of movement up as a result but at that point the hands are about even with the right thigh or just past if. A little rotation of the chest and hips and a small bend/softening of the trail elbow gets the club to be parallel to the ground. Now to stand it up like and umbrella you set the wrists. A felling of the left hand pinky staying down and the thumb up will get the left arm parallel and rotation of the hips, chest shoulders will get the club to the top of the swing. There’s some lifting of the arms but it’s not a lot.

36 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

18 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Standing it up like and umbrella is referring to get the shaft vertical which makes it feel light. 

what he does is the left shoulder goes down and towards the ball the arms will have a very small a out of movement up as a result but at that point the hands are about even with the right thigh or just past if. A little rotation of the chest and hips and a small bend/softening of the trail elbow gets the club to be parallel to the ground. Now to stand it up like and umbrella you set the wrists. A felling of the left hand pinky staying down and the thumb up will get the left arm parallel and rotation of the hips, chest shoulders will get the club to the top of the swing. There’s some lifting of the arms but it’s not a lot.

Here’s a good slow mo video of Mel Reid using the planemate and showing the pinkie down, thumb up set of the wrist that stands the shaft up. Does a really good job of showing of the club head stay low and back for the first 12-18” and the minimal movement of the arms going up. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFWTWCDjCjo/?igshid=gclhscrwx3df

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

As Chubb says in Happy Gilmore: "It's all in the hips." 

You open up too quickly in the downswing  for your swing causing your butt to move in towards the ball... way in after impact.  (Not that I'm specifically looking at your butt!!  lol)

If you look at most any pro, they rotate throughout the swing around their setup.  Your left cheek should be where your right cheek is after impact.  Look where yours is after impact.  Practice arm swings keeping your butt in contact with a wall through a swing; right cheek transition to left cheek.

I'd like to see a Face-on view if you have one.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You open up too quickly in the downswing  for your swing causing your butt to move in towards the ball... way in after impact.  (Not that I'm specifically looking at your butt!!  lol)

If you look at most any pro, they rotate throughout the swing around their setup.  Your left cheek should be where your right cheek is after impact.  Look where yours is after impact.  Practice arm swings keeping your butt in contact with a wall through a swing; right cheek transition to left cheek.

will get you that later today or tomorrow. thanks for the tips @Kenny Band @RickyBobby_PR

My Reviews:

2 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

So here's my two cents: 

I have the opposite problem. My natural tendency is to get the left arm too low and around, with the shaft very laid off on the backswing. From that position, the only place I can go to get back to the ball is on a steeper plane than the one I went back on otherwise I'd dump the club into the ground behind the ball (or, more likely I'll early extend to prevent from laying sod over the ball).

When Martin refers to standing up the umbrella, I envision my right forearm staying "on top of" my left arm during the takeaway and backswing. This gets me on a plane that ends with my left arm just about perfectly on the plane of my shoulders. Here's a before/after from one year ago to last weekend that highlights my flaw and correction:

twitter.jpeg.b44d804270a1d11203ff4965a98e4e36.jpeg

For me, I don't personally feel there is any lifting of the arms in the backswing. The clubs raises as a function of my shoulders rotating around the spine angle I create at address (thoracic rotation).

What @RickyBobby_PR is alluding to is that your hands are being lifted into position at the top of the swing but your hips barely rotate (Ricky, please feel free to correct me if I'm missing something). Without rotation your hands are on a very steep plane back to the ball.

Take a look at these snaps of Sergio and look at how "deep" his hands are and how much his hips have rotated open:

image.png.2b8ba85d7b06342cde9dbf215de1e4d1.pngimage.png.158fddf0af05db21c383d452940551ef.png

The last video you posted did have better hip rotation. That's something I really, really struggle with as well as I lack mobility in my right hip, especially internally. To compensate, I flare both feet at address. The additional external rotation at address allows for a greater range of motion back internally during the swing.

One thing you might try is to capture some of the feelings caused by the DownUnder Board training aid. Grab a cardboard box or piece of plywood that is somewhere around 14-18 inches on the longest side. Stick the longest side between your feet and press the insides of your feet into the side of the box. Continue to maintain that pressure throughout your swing. Those feelings should cause you to rotate better on both the backswing and downswing.

Just some thoughts. Feel free to ignore as I'm obviously not a qualified professional (and I typically don't give advice for that reason!).

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

@edingcnailed it.  (And so has @RickyBobby_PRIf you had to nail down one enduring principle behind both the PlaneMate and the TourStriker SmartBall from Martin Chuck,  it's to use your body to control the clubface rather than your hands and arms. The stand-up of the club like an umbrella doesn't occur until you've already used your body to turn, right back pocket to target, and because of that turn the stand-up of the club shouldn't be a vertical arm lift but more of a continuation of that turn.

Or at least that's my understanding of it...I'm no pro nor do I play one on TV...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

54 minutes ago, edingc said:

What @RickyBobby_PR is alluding to is that your hands are being lifted into position at the top of the swing but your hips barely rotate (Ricky, please feel free to correct me if I'm missing something). Without rotation your hands are on a very steep plane back to the ball.

You captured it pretty well.  The flaws you mention in your swing about to low and laid off then having to get steep are the same ones I have. Some of the stuff I pointed out in @rbsiedsc swing about balance and moving towards the ball are also things I fight in my swing related to the flat and then steeping of the shaft. A lot of the is from the over rotation of the forearms and then to get back in position they do the opposite. 

Right arm staying on top of the left is a feeling and drill my instructor gave me along with left shoulder down at the start. 

to help win the flattening of the shaft in the take away we’ve been working is how my hands get to the top. My coach drew a line from my hands to my armpits at address. Once I’m at shaft parallel to the ground my hands need to work up that line. The feel I mentioned earlier about pinkie down and thumb up gives the right amount of forearm rotation to keep the shaft steep going up so it can shallow coming down.

I happened to go back to martin’s Instagram and he had this video with his student talking about what the left shoulder does. The down to start the transition is also what I’ve had two different instructors talk about for starting the transition and getting into impact

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CI3MaGRjVu2/?igshid=1tdqupfczh844

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

@edingcnailed it.  (And so has @RickyBobby_PRIf you had to nail down one enduring principle behind both the PlaneMate and the TourStriker SmartBall from Martin Chuck,  it's to use your body to control the clubface rather than your hands and arms. The stand-up of the club like an umbrella doesn't occur until you've already used your body to turn, right back pocket to target, and because of that turn the stand-up of the club shouldn't be a vertical arm lift but more of a continuation of that turn.

Or at least that's my understanding of it...I'm no pro nor do I play one on TV...

You got it. One of the things my instructor and I talked about at the beginning was how much I wanted to know and learn about the swing or not. I told him I wanted to learn as much as possible about the swing so I can self correct on the course.

rotation of the body as you mention helps control the face and the need to manipulate with the hands. The guys from AMG, GG, and others all talk about how the body reacts to what the clubface is doing. If the clubface is out of position the body will find a way to get it to the ball and try to square it up.

A lot of people think GG teaches one swing that being the Matt Wolff version. But really he teaches matchups. He has a stock swing he teaches which looks very much like what Martin chucks swing looks like. Within that he talks about parameters that are acceptable such as club and hand inline at p2 or club outside of the hands. At the top he has players that are across the line, some on the line and some short of it. People’s bodies determine a lot of where they should be. In his online program he talks a lot about DJs swing, Koepkas swing and one or two others and that they all have matchups that fit what their body is doing or their wrist. Dj has to make certain compensations due to his extremely bowed wrist and how he swings works for him

6 hours ago, edingc said:

One thing you might try is to capture some of the feelings caused by the DownUnder Board training aid. Grab a cardboard box or piece of plywood that is somewhere around 14-18 inches on the longest side. Stick the longest side between your feet and press the insides of your feet into the side of the box. Continue to maintain that pressure throughout your swing. Those feelings should cause you to rotate better on both the backswing and downswing.

I agree with this. The board is a good training aid. I’ve followed Bradley for the better part of the last two years and have watched some of his drills series and experimented with the boards before I started working with my coach. When using the board and then getting away from it the feeling helps setup the pressure the right way and to maintain it throughout the swing. I think it fits in well with martins teaching methods and what the planemate does

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Here you go. I tried to take everyone’s advice and try to rotate more and not move my arms as much. 

My Reviews:

5 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Here you go. I tried to take everyone’s advice and try to rotate more and not move my arms as much. 

In your face on swing you have no shoulder or spine tilt. You basically just swung your arms back and shoulders were flat. Your pressure stayed where it was at and didn’t move to you trail foot until your arms and upper body were on that said and the pressure had no choice but to shift. And then all your mass went to the lead foot in a swaying motion. This caused you to then drag the hands a long way and the chances you would have squared that swing up would be low.

there was some better rotation in the backswing on the dtl video but you are still swing the arms way more than they should and your get disconnected as a result. You also over swing. You kind of have to play catch up in the downswing and the club face gets wide open and because you aren’t rotating the foreams and wrist you left arm stays disconnected to and they impact.

I’ll post somR stills in the next post

Here are the pics that show some of what I’m talking about.

In the first picture that’s where your backswing should finishes but you keep goin from there which affects you ability to shallow properly.

in the second picture you face is open which isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you start rotating the left forearm and your hips should have some separation from your upper body at this point. 

if we look at the last two pics you can see how the club face isn’t closing and you are almost at impact. You will to work hard to get that face closed to hit the ball anywhere but right. This is because you’ve pulled the hands and they are way in front of the ball before impact.

the first 18” or sod of you swing the club should barely be off the ground and your triangle or arms and club should still be intact. A good drill for this is to put the club in your belly button and choke down on it and just turn your chest til you hands are just past your hip. Another would be to put an alignment rod inside your club or hold it with your grip and have it rest on your  hip and again turn your chest til your hands are at your right leg or just past it. Feel your left shoulder go down a little with this move similar to what Martin was talking about in the lesson I posted earlier.

another good drill for takeaway is hover the clubhead over and alignment stick and trace it back with a one piece takeaway 

after doing that a few times do it with the plane mate. I would suggest doing protocol 1 -3 for several days. This will help you get the feel of the body doing the work in the takeaway and start of backswing and protocol 3 will help engrain the feeling of rotating at impact and the arms and hands not controlling the club face. The feeling should be the right shoulder hits the ball.

it’s been awhile since I watched the protocol videos but the first 3 what o remember because I was using the planemate to work on my chips and pitches. Protocol 3 is shaft parallel to the ground which is about hip high and the shaft is also inline with the feet and not way out in front or too high. 

59F15E7A-CB6A-402E-A30F-ED879DD355CF.jpeg

5C766B5A-1F76-468D-9824-731D407E5888.jpeg

D1596613-95B5-4B6A-B94E-0339E6C05BCE.jpeg

3C6E4F03-A05B-41C2-97A2-9C9BB9F8E4D1.jpeg

Here’s a couple videos that I think do a good job explain the shoulder down, body rotation and a good demonstration of using the planemate. He has lots of good videos. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEjX6AUjy85/?igshid=15a7shihqjz9u

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGDIU0RDVKM/?igshid=b8qzelcr4dce

52 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

In your face on swing you have no shoulder or spine tilt. You basically just swung your arms back and shoulders were flat. Your pressure stayed where it was at and didn’t move to you trail foot until your arms and upper body were on that said and the pressure had no choice but to shift. And then all your mass went to the lead foot in a swaying motion. This caused you to then drag the hands a long way and the chances you would have squared that swing up would be low.

there was some better rotation in the backswing on the dtl video but you are still swing the arms way more than they should and your get disconnected as a result. You also over swing. You kind of have to play catch up in the downswing and the club face gets wide open and because you aren’t rotating the foreams and wrist you left arm stays disconnected to and they impact.

I’ll post somR stills in the next post

Agreed.  That's what I thought; just needed to see it.  

You do have better rotation through impact; better release.  The club finished over your left shoulder, not so much straight up and down.

Not so much butt movement inward, but I would still do the wall drill.

Did the first three protocols today then some speed training. Doing the one handed drills really helped me focus on turn better. I also realized, i was actually taking the club to far outside on the take away because i was using my arms too much As well, when videoing my driver swing, realized if I full swing, I over swing and my hands shoot out wide. If I feel a 3/4 swing I believe my hands end up in the right position. Video below. No more tips please as I have plenty to work on and really need to stay focus and not have 10 different things to try or work on. 

My Reviews:

All of the chatter in this thread inspired me to put on the Planemate yesterday and figure out the long green band. I never spent much time with it earlier in the summer, and when I did, I really struggled with the band snapping underneath my arms on the follow through. That's something Martin specifically calls out in the videos that should not happen.

I rewatched the Advanced Protocols finishing position video and picked up on something Martin mentioned that I had missed previously: feeling the right wrist in full extension with palm facing down and slightly away as the club is coming into the ball.

Ta-da! That fixed the band issue, which came down to my misuse of the right hand in the downswing. Previously, I had been keeping the palm down but actively rolling my right wrist into flexion as I was meeting the ball. This basically yielded a flipping movement at the ball. When my timing was good, I could leave the face just open enough to hit the ball straight, but otherwise it was pull/pull hook city.

IMG_20201219_122352.jpg.d5d7aef7adf34a604f4596ed14494a15.jpg

I went to the heated range this morning to work on the new feel and was amazed at how much better I hit the ball. Lots of 6 irons with 132+ ball speed, 4 hybrids in the mid-140s, and most importantly a lot more balls hit straight with a slight draw. Toward the end of my buckets I started getting tired and falling back into the old habits, but I'm ready to get back with a very focused range session some time this upcoming week.

This is actually something my coach picked up on two lessons ago (August, I think), but the feel he had me using was to feel my left hand chopping down and left, which achieved this result by putting the left wrist in flexion on the downswing. That feel worked OK, but I find myself to be more right-side driven and so the right wrist feeling is helpful for me.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 12/19/2020 at 9:29 AM, edingc said:

All of the chatter in this thread inspired me to put on the Planemate yesterday and figure out the long green band. I never spent much time with it earlier in the summer, and when I did, I really struggled with the band snapping underneath my arms on the follow through. That's something Martin specifically calls out in the videos that should not happen.

I rewatched the Advanced Protocols finishing position video and picked up on something Martin mentioned that I had missed previously: feeling the right wrist in full extension with palm facing down and slightly away as the club is coming into the ball.

Ta-da! That fixed the band issue, which came down to my misuse of the right hand in the downswing. Previously, I had been keeping the palm down but actively rolling my right wrist into flexion as I was meeting the ball. This basically yielded a flipping movement at the ball. When my timing was good, I could leave the face just open enough to hit the ball straight, but otherwise it was pull/pull hook city.

IMG_20201219_122352.jpg.d5d7aef7adf34a604f4596ed14494a15.jpg

I went to the heated range this morning to work on the new feel and was amazed at how much better I hit the ball. Lots of 6 irons with 132+ ball speed, 4 hybrids in the mid-140s, and most importantly a lot more balls hit straight with a slight draw. Toward the end of my buckets I started getting tired and falling back into the old habits, but I'm ready to get back with a very focused range session some time this upcoming week.

This is actually something my coach picked up on two lessons ago (August, I think), but the feel he had me using was to feel my left hand chopping down and left, which achieved this result by putting the left wrist in flexion on the downswing. That feel worked OK, but I find myself to be more right-side driven and so the right wrist feeling is helpful for me.

Nice work! That makes sense. If you think back to the day three short band protocol, its the same kind of feel when you take the club back, and then roll the club behind you, pause, and then pivot. This aid is so great when things start to click!

My Reviews:

I picked the Planemate back up today after a horrible short game during my round today and did the first protocol after I got home. I need to work on the fundamentals and try to get the wedges right. I'm overthinking every time I stand over the ball and the results are atrocious. Tomorrow I'll do the one handed drills and I'll start incorporating the Planemate into my review of the Spornia net. I have no confidence in my wedges right now and I'm hoping this will help. 

@rbsiedsc- your famous, you are on the Tour Striker instagram

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I recently ordered one.  Last year I did the Gankas online course with good results (I couldn't get the footwork right but dropped my HDCP by 3 just with setup, alignment, and general swing sequence).  Does anything about the Planemate contradict Gankas' swing?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons