TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Striker Planemate

On 1/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Here’s what I see with pics to try and help.

You start to rotate the forearm early in the swing and the club moves a little inside. Right arm should be staying on top of the left arm longer. 

As a result when you get to the top you have a very cupped wrist. And the band is close to your arm, where if you had a flat or slightly bowed wrist or would be away from your arm a bit.

In transition you are stuck(a position I’m familiar with in my swing). The right elbow should be in front of the hip.

Due to you being stuck you corrective action is to throw the hands and then rotate them to square up. Which is why you feel the “flip”

a couple drills to work on rotation and keeping the right arm on top the left longer is 1) stick a club in your belly button and choke down on it. While keeping it in your belly button turn your chest without doing anything with your wrist or arms til they are at or just past your right thigh. 2) choke down on a club and stick it on your left hip and like with the other drill just turn the chest while keeping the club on your hip this the hands reach the right leg.

9D085E52-0D5A-4C61-9BE8-05399714BA7D.jpeg

F08E2007-A964-4BA4-A2A8-A43B1E4197B1.jpeg

E133FC6F-E5E7-4AA1-A6E1-9EF690C96032.jpeg

6ACCB9A4-10CC-47D1-BD37-7362A1E43598.jpeg

Thanks for the drills.

I've always struggled with getting stuck inside. I'll have to really concentrate on not letting the band pull me inside. 

I'm slightly confused on the cupping do you mean I'm cupping the right or left wrist? I've struggled in the past with cupping the left one and after thousands of swings with a skillz smart glove thought I wonder if that bad habit is setting back in.

Jeff

9 hours ago, Patriots68 said:

Thanks for the drills.

I've always struggled with getting stuck inside. I'll have to really concentrate on not letting the band pull me inside. 

I'm slightly confused on the cupping do you mean I'm cupping the right or left wrist? I've struggled in the past with cupping the left one and after thousands of swings with a skillz smart glove thought I wonder if that bad habit is setting back in.

Jeff

The cupping is referring to the left wrist. When working on the drills with the band setting the wrists at/around club parallel to the ground will have the left wrist flatten and add some more bending of the right wrist along with a slight “cocking” of the right wrist. From that point it’s turning of the hips and chest and folding the right arm.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

14 hours ago, Micah T said:

Did some short and long band work today: I think I’m starting to get the feels down! What do you guys see?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

A few things standout to me.

Theres not a lot of rotation and you lift the hands causing a disconnect with your arms from the chest. Your next move is something that’s talked about in either day 4 or 5 protocol with the short and of pulling your arms back (second pic).

Coming into impact you have cupping of the left wrist where as is should have been bowed around the time your left arm was parallel to the ground. It’s been a long time since I’ve watched the advanced protocol videos but iirc they talk about this in either the transition or the impact videos.

1D69A52D-3F25-4DB5-B44D-B2D077E4C7D1.jpeg

1FF93E30-461C-4E11-AC57-777CB79B3C71.jpeg

A28614CF-3222-4489-9873-9AC877609A13.jpeg

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

@RickyBobby_PR

Thanks for the look: I’ve been working on my wrist position in my short band practice, but I need to pay attention to that in the full band too!

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

8 hours ago, Micah T said:

@RickyBobby_PR

Thanks for the look: I’ve been working on my wrist position in my short band practice, but I need to pay attention to that in the full band too!

It’s the little things that can get away from us. The symptoms in the downswing are caused by things in the takeaway and backswing. I may be off a bit on the exact numbers butt he guys at athletic motion golf talk about the amount of time it takes to complete a golf swing. Iirc it’s roughly 2 seconds and about 3/4 of that is getting to the top. Leaves basically no time to fix any issues in transition thru impact in the swing.

I think it’s in day 4 or 5 of the short band protocols where Martin and David talk about using a mirror to look at positioning with the movements. Mirror work can go along way in helping with feel vs real. Video/photos as well if out on the range or in your practice areas and don’t have a mirror to use 

On 1/4/2021 at 1:31 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The cupping is referring to the left wrist. When working on the drills with the band setting the wrists at/around club parallel to the ground will have the left wrist flatten and add some more bending of the right wrist along with a slight “cocking” of the right wrist. From that point it’s turning of the hips and chest and folding the right arm.

Thanks ill work on the cupping first and then try to stay wider near the top to keep from getting stuck.

6 minutes ago, Patriots68 said:

Thanks ill work on the cupping first and then try to stay wider near the top to keep from getting stuck.

Iirc Martin and David talk about the wrist cupping in day 3 protocol in the short band series. If itS not there it’s in day 4 or 5 where they get into the taking the club to the top.

They may also do it in the advanced protocol series when they talk about standing the club up like and umbrella.

I did a quick search here didn't see an answer and haven't been able to find it in any of the protocols. What club are you guys using with the long band? I'm using a 5hybrid because its what I have with me. It's not practical for me to bring the whole bag back and forth so I leave it at the course.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

5 hours ago, Patriots68 said:

I did a quick search here didn't see an answer and haven't been able to find it in any of the protocols. What club are you guys using with the long band? I'm using a 5hybrid because its what I have with me. It's not practical for me to bring the whole bag back and forth so I leave it at the course.
Thanks

I think a 6 or 7 iron works best. When Martin did the driver protocol he used the shortband.

Anyone get this email? Sounds like an awesome way to get more people to try it out

If you haven’t picked up a PlaneMate yet, there’s no better tool to work on your swing this winter. Whether you’re stuck inside at home, at the office or on the range, the Tour Striker PlaneMate is the best full swing training aid.

For anyone looking to make gains, we challenge you to the 7-Day PlaneMate Challenge.  

The challenge is simple.  The gains are real.

The Challenge
  1. Hit 10 balls (the baseline) with your least favorite club (or the one you want to improve most.)
  2. Do the 7-Day PlaneMate Protocol with that same club. 
  3. Hit another 10 ball baseline with the same club.
The average golfer with a 16 handicap can expect to gain 20-30 yards in just 7 days.

Get a PlaneMate.  Take the challenge.  If you don’t gain at least 20 yards, return it for a full refund.

Seldom does a product come around that has this much impact on so many players, from rank beginners to seasoned Tour pros.

If you love golf, you owe it to yourself... and your swing.  Get a PlaneMate.  Take the challenge.  Show off your new gains.  Just don’t forget to tag @tourstrikergolf 💪

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

33 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Anyone get this email? Sounds like an awesome way to get more people to try it out

If you haven’t picked up a PlaneMate yet, there’s no better tool to work on your swing this winter. Whether you’re stuck inside at home, at the office or on the range, the Tour Striker PlaneMate is the best full swing training aid.

For anyone looking to make gains, we challenge you to the 7-Day PlaneMate Challenge.  

The challenge is simple.  The gains are real.

The Challenge
  1. Hit 10 balls (the baseline) with your least favorite club (or the one you want to improve most.)
  2. Do the 7-Day PlaneMate Protocol with that same club. 
  3. Hit another 10 ball baseline with the same club.
The average golfer with a 16 handicap can expect to gain 20-30 yards in just 7 days.

Get a PlaneMate.  Take the challenge.  If you don’t gain at least 20 yards, return it for a full refund.

Seldom does a product come around that has this much impact on so many players, from rank beginners to seasoned Tour pros.

If you love golf, you owe it to yourself... and your swing.  Get a PlaneMate.  Take the challenge.  Show off your new gains.  Just don’t forget to tag @tourstrikergolf 💪

I did.  It's interesting too, I'm not sure I recall Martin pushing the PlaneMate on the basis of distance gains before.  Not saying I don't think it will help you gain distance, it absolutely will, but I don't think that's ever been the central point of his sales pitch (for lack of a better term) before.

I would also guess the distance gains relative to handicap are an important part of this challenge.  The resist, resist, relax, rotate mantra is designed to get you to shallow the club and promote an in to out swing path.  One could speculate that a 16 handicap would be more likely to be fighting an over the top move that would sap distance.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

5 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I did.  It's interesting too, I'm not sure I recall Martin pushing the PlaneMate on the basis of distance gains before.  Not saying I don't think it will help you gain distance, it absolutely will, but I don't think that's ever been the central point of his sales pitch (for lack of a better term) before.

I would also guess the distance gains relative to handicap are an important part of this challenge.  The resist, resist, relax, rotate mantra is designed to get you to shallow the club and promote an in to out swing path.  One could speculate that a 16 handicap would be more likely to be fighting an over the top move that would sap distance.

considering i have been using it for months and not seeing gains in distance, idk how this will really help me. it is interesting he is guaranteeing this. maybe time to may my 3H to the woodshed and get this done.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

They don’t promote distance gains from the planemate but as you talk about in your second paragraph the swing flaws of golfers especially in the mid-high range rob them from swing speed as well as ball speed because of contact location. Using the planemate to improve the swing and make better contact will increase speed and distance.

Based on the sales of this since it released they made their money back plus in sales already and Martin does lots of good schools and lessons where he used planemate with his students, so I’m guessing he has data to back this up

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They don’t promote distance gains from the planemate but as you talk about in your second paragraph the swing flaws of golfers especially in the mid-high range rob them from swing speed as well as ball speed because of contact location. Using the planemate to improve the swing and make better contact will increase speed and distance.

Based on the sales of this since it released they made their money back plus in sales already and Martin does lots of good schools and lessons where he used planemate with his students, so I’m guessing he has data to back this up

Yeah, we're in agreement, I'm just saying that if memory serves this is the first PlaneMate ad I've seen that emphasizes it's utility for distance gains.  And, like you seem to be confirming, if you're a low handicap who doesn't struggle with an over the top move, it's questionable that PlaneMate use will generate distance gains for you.  It's still an excellent aid for a low handicapper, I'm just skeptical of distance gains at that range.  His "challenge" specifically referring to a 16 handicap would seem to confirm that.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

Yeah, we're in agreement, I'm just saying that if memory serves this is the first PlaneMate ad I've seen that emphasizes it's utility for distance gains.  And, like you seem to be confirming, if you're a low handicap who doesn't struggle with an over the top move, it's questionable that PlaneMate use will generate distance gains for you.  It's still an excellent aid for a low handicapper, I'm just skeptical of distance gains at that range.  His "challenge" specifically referring to a 16 handicap would seem to confirm that.

Correct it’s the first ad that talks about distance gains. But that could also be they wanted to have data from their students before saying anything.

Having used this sparingly since I got it in the initial release it’s helpful for those who don’t have an ott. Someone with a steep shaft in transition but still swings somewhat from inside that has a two way miss because of lack of rotation to compensate for the steep shaft will benefit from using it.

I don’t know if a low digit golfer would see that type of gain but with my swing when I’m not reverting to my old habits I’m easily 10-15 yards longer off the tee and a club or so longer on irons. 

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Correct it’s the first ad that talks about distance gains. But that could also be they wanted to have data from their students before saying anything.

Having used this sparingly since I got it in the initial release it’s helpful for those who don’t have an ott. Someone with a steep shaft in transition but still swings somewhat from inside that has a two way miss because of lack of rotation to compensate for the steep shaft will benefit from using it.

I don’t know if a low digit golfer would see that type of gain but with my swing when I’m not reverting to my old habits I’m easily 10-15 yards longer off the tee and a club or so longer on irons. 

Same here really.  The aid is great for getting me to control the club face with pivot versus hands and arms, probably the main thing I've needed to work on.

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Same here really.  The aid is great for getting me to control the club face with pivot versus hands and arms, probably the main thing I've needed to work on.

Agree. Try to let the hands/arms be there for the ride.

I don’t recall @edingc numbers from his latest session but he’s added speed and he’s a lower hdcp. 

22 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Agree. Try to let the hands/arms be there for the ride.

I don’t recall @edingc numbers from his latest session but he’s added speed and he’s a lower hdcp. 

Yeah I saw that post, his swing is looking very good. Cody is doing some weight training and SuperSpeed though, so not sure how much speed gains can be attributed to one particular aspect of his overall training.

14 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Yeah I saw that post, his swing is looking very good. Cody is doing some weight training and SuperSpeed though, so not sure how much speed gains can be attributed to one particular aspect of his overall training.

True. 

I definitely have not gained 20 yards with my least favorite club (9 iron) I did find out, that my 9 was 2 degrees flat compared to the rest of my set. I think if you’re problem is/was flipping the club at impact, there is definitely 20 yards to be had when you stop that move and start compressing the ball. I bought mine to focus on my takeaway, and to help me shallow the club more on my downswing, two things that should help my ball striking. But add 20 yards? Not even close

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

I can't say I've gained a full 20 yards, but maybe 10-15 yards when all of the feels come together. It could be 20 when figuring carry+roll with the driver. The Planemate got me to clean up my wrists in the backswing and transition a bit and I've been hitting the ball much more solid since then.

It has been nice enough to get outside on the patio this weekend, and I've been working on a few different things with the PM: takeaway, standing up the umbrella and the "relax"/transition move. This is a bit exaggerated (coming a bit far from the inside on the downswing) but the feels are starting to come together nicely.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Question for those who have been using it for a while, has it turned your ball flight into draws?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The opposite for me: I hit draws with every club except driver, but after 3 weeks of training with it, every iron I hit on trackman was a cut. Interesting thing is I’ve weakened my grip a bit to not hit everything left, but that’s exactly what I’m doing now...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

7 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Question for those who have been using it for a while, has it turned your ball flight into draws?

For me, I was already drawing it but was over-cooking it, often when my body would stall and my hands would take over and flip the club.  The PlaneMate has helped me to keep my body turning, so I haven’t hooked it in a long time.  Dare I say I only miss one way now (slight push)...

Hope that helps.

Any one know the best place (ie. cheapest) to pick this up in the UK? not having much luck with google search, was hoping someone may know a smaller company that stocked them which i could buy from. Id rather help a smaller company than the usual suspects during lockdown all else being equal...

Clubs.jpg.b0df6f27ceedde9520a039cf9e3b013b.jpg

Currently deciding what shaft to use in blank cells...

I finally got outside yesterday for a few swings. I had used the planemate a little bit in the spring got away from it over the summer but have hit it hard the last two months. I dont have access to a driving range and it was getting dark here so all I could do was maybe a dozen swings on the first fairway. My iron contact was inconsistent so I cant comment on that but wow was my driving straight with a slight draw. I definitely have to change my point of aim. Distance seemed to be down a little bit but the wind was really blowing so its hard to tell.

10 hours ago, PAndaemonium89 said:

Just read through the thread and learned a lot. I think I have an answer to why I’m missing right, but want to hear some input... awesome info from @RickyBobby_PR

Is that the long green band?

What club are you using?

As to what I see some could be illusion based on camera angle and possibly the club/band used and where it’s placed on the club.

You start off with getting your hand going out then up. They should be working closer to the right leg as the right hip and shoulder start moving back. (1st pic) 

at the top you look like you are in an ok position (2nd pic) but because of how you got there you then push you arms back (Martin and David talk about this in the short band protocols for day 5 iirc) yup can see this in the 3rd pic. Instead of just relaxing the wrist/band you push back then somewhat relax.

As a result of this you dip the right sides early (4th pic) which then stalls the hip and you are pretty much square with shoulders and hips to the target line just before impact and the face is open (5th pic).  To get the club squat you then use the hands to rollover and try to get the face square (last pic)

96924E9F-2FC7-4AE9-9BD0-FC34D7617058.jpeg

DB8153CA-9C53-47AF-BDF4-6762595ACFAB.jpeg

A75A25AB-DAD9-44C6-B369-42B4A8FD049B.jpeg

C0A575F5-31B7-4786-888C-F51FA6B82267.jpeg

1A7BB8F4-4F03-4EA5-8A78-5D277676B77A.jpeg

3DF89A46-6091-41D6-A2EF-614F65A96338.jpeg

Greetings.  Do any of you who are using the Planemate also use the Siekmann pitching/chipping technique?  Are they comparable mechanics wise?  The latter has really improved my short game.  I'm worried Planemate will screw it up.  

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons