TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Striker Planemate

1 minute ago, BMart519 said:

I just recovered from the shanks (primarily on partial wedges), so I don't think this could possibly be worse compared to the number of balls I sent sideways under a tree or into the water. 

We've all been there! It's amazing what Planemate can do for that motion.  Good luck and keep posting here how you like it!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

15 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

@B.Boston @Kenny B @RickyBobby_PR - Thanks for the help

To all you seasoned PM users:
Should I get into this thing mid-season? Or stash it in the closet for 4 months until the season is over, grind all winter, and emerge a new player next year instead of mixing in a bunch of playing with old habits? 

Go at it now. Give yourself a chance to engrain the habits with golf balls. 

You could use the short band protocols to start engraining the movement patterns and hitting balls in practice with it and work on getting the feelings to transition into your game then in winter migrate to the full swing protocols with the long green band

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

I just recovered from the shanks (primarily on partial wedges), so I don't think this could possibly be worse compared to the number of balls I sent sideways under a tree or into the water. 

I agree that the 1st week protocol will be an excellent practice routine for short game.  I purchased the PM and started the protocol this last weekend.  I have a pretty good short game already, but this training should groove a better rotation for more consistency.  I can see that this would be excellent for fixing wedge sh_nks.  

I fixed my sh_nks (mostly) with Monte's No Turn Cast (NTC) video.  I also feel that the PM advanced protocol with the long band augments Monte's NTC move since the band helps the cast move during transition to 8 o'clock.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I agree that the 1st week protocol will be an excellent practice routine for short game.  I purchased the PM and started the protocol this last weekend.  I have a pretty good short game already, but this training should groove a better rotation for more consistency.  I can see that this would be excellent for fixing wedge sh_nks.  

I fixed my sh_nks (mostly) with Monte's No Turn Cast (NTC) video.  I also feel that the PM advanced protocol with the long band augments Monte's NTC move since the band helps the cast move during transition to 8 o'clock.  

I'll have to look at NTC again, I've watched it multiple times. After a while, 90-90 swings are easy for me to shank because I will stop hip turn altogether and just flip my arms back and forth. One could say that I have a particular set of skills...

For shanking the ball. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

1 minute ago, BMart519 said:

I'll have to look at NTC again, I've watched it multiple times. After a while, 90-90 swings are easy for me to shank because I will stop hip turn altogether and just flip my arms back and forth. One could say that I have a particular set of skills...

For shanking the ball. 

man i thought i was the only one!!!

”just go ahead and take it back to parallel and chip one out there…”

SHANK

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

19 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Should I get into this thing mid-season? Or stash it in the closet for 4 months until the season is over, grind all winter, and emerge a new player next year instead of mixing in a bunch of playing with old habits? 

If you want to do it mid-season, I would take a week or 2 off of playing to complete the protocols. It's going to feel completely different for a good while. I absolutely love it though! This being my 2nd session with it, I've seen immediate improvement! 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

For shanking the ball. 

For me it's all in what the hips do (or don't do).  The cast part of the NTC delays the hip rotation, keeping the back facing the target a little longer, and the right hip moves toward the target rather than rotating toward the ball (which is what I have a tendency to do).  See Monte's last post on Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQOkLXkj1WD/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 6/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, BMart519 said:

I agree with goaliewales14.   You may want to take a week off so that you can exclusively practice with the PM.  I received my PM in late May and started with 2-3 protocols per night.  A couple of days after receiving mine, I went out and played.  While my short irons showed great improvement, everything else was a mess.  Basically, I was thinking about the PM motion way too much during the round.  I continued to play during my first two weeks with the PM, and that was a mistake.  A lot of ugly rounds.  However, things are headed in the right direction now. 

In hindsight, I should've just stuck to the range for the first 10 days to supplement my at-home PM practice.  My current home practice routine has been 2-3 PM protocols per night, wherein I cycle through the original, then the advanced, back to the original, etc.  

Day 6/7 complete. My plan is to continue doing 1 protocol per day and cycling through the original 7 day series for a few weeks at least. Huge difference, totally different feel of a proper pivot and getting the arms across your body and left in the follow through while bringing the trail shoulder down instead of across on a flat plane. 

Set an all time high of 101 points on Approach mode with my SC200 launch monitor from 40-100 yards. 3 shots hit the exact number for 11 points, 4 were within 5% of carry distance for 10 points, and the remaining 3 were slight miss hits that still scored 9 points and within 10% carry. 

First round in 2 weeks is tomorrow with a group of co-workers, will be interesting to see how it holds up as temps push 100F in this heat wave. Not much warmup time before to the round to figure out ball flight with this new move... Could be interesting. 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

I received my PlaneMate about 3 weeks ago.  I spent the first week going through the "assignments" for each of the protocols.  I usually hit the ball straight, but my issues are consistently making good contact.  I have been following Monte Scheinblum for the last year or so, and I found that the PlaneMate is a good training aid to work on Monte's No Turn Cast (NTC) program.  

Monte doesn't particularly like the one-piece takeaway prescribed by the Tour Striker guys, but I still use the PlaneMate protocols.  The long green band works very well to get the club laid off to 8 o'clock in the NTC transition.  From there the NTC and PlaneMate rotation is the same to me.  

For the last week...  every morning at home I used the short green band my PW hitting half-shots with 36 balls, followed by 36 shots without the PlaneMate using my 9i.  Then I switch to my 7i and hit full shots at half speed... 36 shots, followed by 36 shots without the PlaneMate using my 6i.  I purchased a second club connector so I can leave both the short band and long bands attached to my PW and 7i.  Makes changing clubs a lot smoother.  I always end my session hitting 4 more balls at full speed with my 6i.  What I've noticed is that my mishits have been fewer and not as bad, so something is working.  

I've always been decent at pitch shots, but the protocol has shown me that my big flaw is not consistently keeping pressure on my lead foot.  I tend to finish shots very weight-neutral which also leads to mis-strikes.

When I play on the weekends, I notice that I can mimic the short band swing since it's a much slower motion, but a full swing  results in my old habits coming through with bad results.  Now that the weather is so dang hot, I will be working through my routine every day this week, and hopefully I will get to the point that I have engrained the Monte/PlaneMate swing.  If not, I'll do it again next week... and the next week... and the next week!  🤣  It is a good workout; so I got that going for me... which is nice!

21 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Day 6/7 complete. My plan is to continue doing 1 protocol per day and cycling through the original 7 day series for a few weeks at least. Huge difference, totally different feel of a proper pivot and getting the arms across your body and left in the follow through while bringing the trail shoulder down instead of across on a flat plane. 

Set an all time high of 101 points on Approach mode with my SC200 launch monitor from 40-100 yards. 3 shots hit the exact number for 11 points, 4 were within 5% of carry distance for 10 points, and the remaining 3 were slight miss hits that still scored 9 points and within 10% carry. 

First round in 2 weeks is tomorrow with a group of co-workers, will be interesting to see how it holds up as temps push 100F in this heat wave. Not much warmup time before to the round to figure out ball flight with this new move... Could be interesting. 

I'll be interested in hearing how your round goes.  For me I struggled with my first couple of rounds after getting a PlaneMate trying to play "golf swing" and replicate the feels...once I put that aside and trusted the training to come through without consciously thinking about it my results instantly improved.

It'll be nice to have you on PlaneMate next offseason to bounce ideas of off too...I'm seriously considering a lot of red band work for strength/mobility benefits.

Always tinkering with the training plans!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I'll be interested in hearing how your round goes.  For me I struggled with my first couple of rounds after getting a PlaneMate trying to play "golf swing" and replicate the feels...once I put that aside and trusted the training to come through without consciously thinking about it my results instantly improved.

It'll be nice to have you on PlaneMate next offseason to bounce ideas of off too...I'm seriously considering a lot of red band work for strength/mobility benefits.

Always tinkering with the training plans!

Golf round got cancelled due to heat wave... I played 9 holes last night at an executive course. 5/9 GIR,  2 missed greens were within 5 yards, shot +5 with 1 penalty and 3 putt. 0 up and down. 

- 40-80 yards wedges were excellent, no shanks and hit 4/4 greens including an 80 yard shot over 40-50' trees. 
- full irons off the tee had some early release with thins and low face strikes
- only 1 Driver hole, hit straight at target, ball hit just below center of clubface
- did not adjust effort and club selection properly for greenside chips (thick 4" rough) 

Other than a hybrid I blocked 50 yards right, 2 other hybrid tee shots and driver worked fine. Continued focus on adapting the PM swing to full irons - locking in shallowing move, ensuring full wrist set, shortening backswing length, and engraining proper pivot. 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

On 6/28/2021 at 10:07 PM, Kenny B said:

…When I play on the weekends, I notice that I can mimic the short band swing since it's a much slower motion, but a full swing  results in my old habits coming through with bad results.  Now that the weather is so dang hot, I will be working through my routine every day this week, and hopefully I will get to the point that I have engrained the Monte/PlaneMate swing.  If not, I'll do it again next week... and the next week... and the next week!  🤣  It is a good workout; so I got that going for me... which is nice!

I dig your persistence. Good luck!

I’ve been using it for about a month and I’ve found that using the small green band to warm up before getting going with the longer one has really helped me. I also agree with the person above who mentioned that they have more success when not trying to emulate the feels too much, but rather swing your swing and trust the process. 

As an aside, I really like using the red band without hitting balls for getting comfortable with the deep high hands feel that seems to be popular now, e.g. Zalatoris and Nienabar, and also feels easier for me feel the resist-relax transition.

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

Week 2 of the intro protocols complete. Played 18 Friday and shot scope had me at +0.05 SG compared to “tour pro” highlighted by a tidy up and down from 50 yards. 
Planning 1 more week of intro protocols the look into the advanced material to help bring this into my full swing. 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

On 7/1/2021 at 7:52 PM, AndySP said:

I dig your persistence. Good luck!

I’ve been using it for about a month and I’ve found that using the small green band to warm up before getting going with the longer one has really helped me. I also agree with the person above who mentioned that they have more success when not trying to emulate the feels too much, but rather swing your swing and trust the process. 

As an aside, I really like using the red band without hitting balls for getting comfortable with the deep high hands feel that seems to be popular now, e.g. Zalatoris and Nienabar, and also feels easier for me feel the resist-relax transition.

You may be the first I’ve seen post about using the red band.  Martin and the PlaneMate site even seem to really caution golfers against using it unless they are “advanced”...

I’m definitely looking to incorporate it next offseason, but you feel you get more benefit than the normal green band for the advanced protocols?

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

On 7/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

You may be the first I’ve seen post about using the red band.  Martin and the PlaneMate site even seem to really caution golfers against using it unless they are “advanced”...

I’m definitely looking to incorporate it next offseason, but you feel you get more benefit than the normal green band for the advanced protocols?

Yeah, I heard that warning too, but I always want to sample everything. I watched the “pro” video about it and liked the idea so I now use it when I want to ingrain something in a protocol. I haven’t made a full swing with it, but I get a stronger feeling for the top of the backswing and transition that seems to translate well when I switch to the green band and then ultimately take it off. It’s really a supplement—something I use maybe one or twice a week.

Maybe it’s a bad plan given my ability but I tell myself I’m exercising!

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

9 hours ago, AndySP said:

Yeah, I heard that warning too, but I always want to sample everything. I watched the “pro” video about it and liked the idea so I now use it when I want to ingrain something in a protocol. I haven’t made a full swing with it, but I get a stronger feeling for the top of the backswing and transition that seems to translate well when I switch to the green band and then ultimately take it off. It’s really a supplement—something I use maybe one or twice a week.

Maybe it’s a bad plan given my ability but I tell myself I’m exercising!

I've stayed away from the red band just because my fear is that I'll focus too much on 1 side of my body.  Does the protocols talk about swinging the other way (left handed for right handed ppl and vice versa) to balance everything out since this is basically a workout?

14 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I've stayed away from the red band just because my fear is that I'll focus too much on 1 side of my body.  Does the protocols talk about swinging the other way (left handed for right handed ppl and vice versa) to balance everything out since this is basically a workout?

I wouldn’t be concerned with that; the whole notion of needing to do non-dominant still work to avoid imbalances has been largely debunked.  I’ll try to find some links and circle back to this thread...

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I wouldn’t be concerned with that; the whole notion of needing to do non-dominant still work to avoid imbalances has been largely debunked.  I’ll try to find some links and circle back to this thread...

I'm interested to see some of those links.  I felt that with superspeed I got better or at least most consistent due to the off-hand swings.  certainly seemed to loosen me up more.  Which isn't exactly the same thing as we're talking about here, but I'll still be interested to see what research has been done.

My guess is it will be something like "don't completely ignore your non-dominant side, but you also don't need to focus on it."

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I'm interested to see some of those links.  I felt that with superspeed I got better or at least most consistent due to the off-hand swings.  certainly seemed to loosen me up more.  Which isn't exactly the same thing as we're talking about here, but I'll still be interested to see what research has been done.

My guess is it will be something like "don't completely ignore your non-dominant side, but you also don't need to focus on it."

I agree.  Ever since the first Superspeed training I have been doing non-dominant swings, even when warming up before a round with my Skilz Gold Flex.  I can feel a better followthrough, and I have also hit a couple of shots LH next to a tree that I could never have pulled off before.  

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I agree!  My trainer does Muscle Activation Techniques and her main thing is trying to get the body back in balance.  I hear chiropractors and other professionals always talk about countering what we do the most throughout the day.  The best example of that is "Tech Neck."  We stare down at our phones all day, so the chiropractor has us doing adjustments and exercises focusing on correcting our spine that's now curved downwards.

13 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Here’s one link to an article that basically concludes there isn’t conclusive evidence that non-dominant training is necessary:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simplifaster.com/articles/nondominant-side-swings-golf-benefits/

Also, Mike Carroll posted about this on Twitter:

https://fitforgolf.blog/2021/01/09/speed-sticks-tour-data-how-i-use-them/

To me it makes sense...a pro golfer is going to be imbalanced just by the nature of their trade and practice/playing schedule.  Are we really suggesting that all those practice and playing swings needed to be “balanced” by non-dominant work?

It seems to me the bottom line is there is probably no harm in it, but the jury is still out on whether or not there is any real benefit to non-dominant work.

9 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Here’s one link to an article that basically concludes there isn’t conclusive evidence that non-dominant training is necessary:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simplifaster.com/articles/nondominant-side-swings-golf-benefits/

Also, Mike Carroll posted about this on Twitter:

https://fitforgolf.blog/2021/01/09/speed-sticks-tour-data-how-i-use-them/

To me it makes sense...a pro golfer is going to be imbalanced just by the nature of their trade and practice/playing schedule.  Are we really suggesting that all those practice and playing swings needed to be “balanced” by non-dominant work?

It seems to me the bottom line is there is probably no harm in it, but the jury is still out on whether or not there is any real benefit to non-dominant work.

It never hurts to be balanced for daily life. Nothing wrong with being like more Norman and having better liking abs on one side of the body than the other from the amount of work they got in his swing

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Classic. No sooner did I post those two links “debunking” non-dominant swing training than a new article appears on the same site preaching the need to do non-dominant training!

🤪

https://simplifaster.com/articles/nondominant-side-swings-club-head-speed/?fbclid=IwAR16gdXOQpU9du6orP8npK7K8SLsOIXnyacxTF5BM7MSeARY1TVBkClHrlY

3 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Classic. No sooner did I post those two links “debunking” non-dominant swing training than a new article appears on the same site preaching the need to do non-dominant training!

🤪

https://simplifaster.com/articles/nondominant-side-swings-club-head-speed/?fbclid=IwAR16gdXOQpU9du6orP8npK7K8SLsOIXnyacxTF5BM7MSeARY1TVBkClHrlY

I think the thing that's most important to me is balancing out the muscles you're not using in the swing.  That doesn't mean do not dominate swings, but maybe doing workouts that focuses on the muscles not being used.  For example, if I do a lot of bicep lifts, I want to ensure that I have triceps in there as well to balance out my arm.  For me personally, balancing has been huge.  My trainer does Muscle Activation Techniques to tell the body not to compensate for inactive muscles.  It has done wonders for me!

I would agree with the articles saying that pros don't need to do non-dominate swings to offset their 5 million dominate swings they make per day.  If you look though, every pro now has a personal trainer, and I would bet that trainer is hitting the same muscles used in the non-dominate swing in the gym.  

On 7/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

🤪

Saw the same thing, I didn't go into the linked research articles. But one of the main examples they used was either a new golfer or new speed trainer. Using someone's newbie gains as a base for comparison seemed questionable. 

The more I thought about sports with similar motions to golf, the less I worry about opposite side. I would be interested to know how much time hockey players spend playing the opposite hand or pitchers spend throwing off hand. As mentioned above, speed and strength training both sides or adding reps to the opposite side is likely as good as opposite side golf swings. 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

Just going through this thread now.  After lessons early this Spring, my swing and subsequent ball striking were better than they were 30+ years ago.  I hurt my back a couple of months ago, and after physical therapy and chiropractor visits, most of the pain and stiffness are gone. Unfortunately, the bad habits in my back swing that I picked up while subconsciously protecting my back are proving difficult to unlearn. 

Had a session with the Robo Pro, and the feeling of the backswing felt completely different than what I am doing now.  I started looking for a training aid to replicate that feeling, and came across this thread.  The product sounded like just what I need.  Unfortunately, from a pre-order price of $80 two years ago, the cost is now $198 - $228 US dollars! 🤬 To me, this screams of price-gouging, but being a big fan of capitalism, I say get whatever price the market will bear.  Just not from me.

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

1 minute ago, Bluesman57 said:

Just going through this thread now.  After lessons early this Spring, my swing and subsequent ball striking were better than they were 30+ years ago.  I hurt my back a couple of months ago, and after physical therapy and chiropractor visits, most of the pain and stiffness are gone. Unfortunately, the bad habits in my back swing that I picked up while subconsciously protecting my back are proving difficult to unlearn. 

Had a session with the Robo Pro, and the feeling of the backswing felt completely different than what I am doing now.  I started looking for a training aid to replicate that feeling, and came across this thread.  The product sounded like just what I need.  Unfortunately, from a pre-order price of $80 two years ago, the cost is now $198 - $228 US dollars! 🤬 To me, this screams of price-gouging, but being a big fan of capitalism, I say get whatever price the market will bear.  Just not from me.

I can appreciate not wanting to pay that, trust me I wouldn't have either. It went on sale a few months back believe I got it for around 130? Well worth it for anything under $200 IMO. I am looking at it as something I can use to push off lessons for several years. I may still do a lesson end of this season just to see where I can improve but this tool is A1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 hours ago, Bluesman57 said:

Wow! I couldn't believe it was that expensive now, so I checked.  Wow!

I bought mine at the end of May; listed at $163, but with a $20 off coupon... $143.  However, having used it for a month, I would pay $200.

I'm a lot better now striking the ball off my mat at home than I was when I started.  But I am still having trouble taking it to the course.  I hit good shots interspersed with bad shots.  For me it's a tempo thing.  I just need more reps until this swing feels repeatable, but I have confidence that I am on the right track.  

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Wow! I couldn't believe it was that expensive now, so I checked.  Wow!

I bought mine at the end of May; listed at $163, but with a $20 off coupon... $143.  However, having used it for a month, I would pay $200.

I'm a lot better now striking the ball off my mat at home than I was when I started.  But I am still having trouble taking it to the course.  I hit good shots interspersed with bad shots.  For me it's a tempo thing.  I just need more reps until this swing feels repeatable, but I have confidence that I am on the right track.  

Agreed on the price. Missed out on the early bird

The feeling will come. Took me a long time for it to fully click and then everything just clicked. I use it once or twice a week and prior to my round to just remind me of the feels i need

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review