TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Striker Planemate

After about 2 months of using the PM, I'm noticing better, more consistent contact with my irons and wedges.  I'm still not sure about the followthrough finishing position.  I have better results with Monte's NTC; cast to 12 o'clock, which is a release of the trail wrist extension.

I haven't tried it yet with the driver.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 7/23/2021 at 7:52 AM, edingc said:

Excellent for pitching and half shots! One area that immediately got better when I got the Planemate because I used to be all arms.

*snip*

^^^^^THIS!^^^^^

I have been working with the 7-day protocol exclusively (for the past 14 days 😄).  Someone said earlier that the improvement in chipping and pitching alone would be worth the price of admission, and I agree 100%!  Earlier this year, I had two short game lessons, and made what I thought was excellent progress, but when I was alone, without my instructor, it was as if I forgot everything that we worked on; the short game was costing me at least 5-6 shots per round.  Chunks, thins, sh-sh-sh-shanks.  You name it.

Focused on protocols 1-5, which I was able to practice without hitting balls.  Went to the short game practice area of the local course, and, after swallowing my pride, strapped on the PM and hit some chips and pitches.  It was glorious!  Solid contact every time, so that I was able to work on gapping clubs for different length pitch shots. 

One thing that was pretty funny was the feeling of hitting the same shots after taking off the PM.  The clubhead felt as if it was floating, and the entire club weighed nothing.  It took a few shots sans the PM to get back to hitting good, solid shots again.   For now, I am going to focus only on club back to parallel, until I am reasonably confident that I will not fall back into the lifelong habit of taking the club back waaay inside.

Finally, I contacted the guy I bought the used PM from, who informed me that he never did register it.  I did, and am able to access all of the videos.  Thanks to everyone for their excellent advice!

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to show you an example of how much you can change with the Planemate.  I've still kept in contact with Martin through CoachNow and kept getting his feedback.  I've noticed the most improvement over the past year or so.  The first video is what Martin, and his team, recorded when I first showed up at the Tour Striker Academy.  The 2nd video is from 2 weeks ago.  These are a little less than 3 years apart.  I even got 3rd place in a member-guest tournament over the weekend!! 

Seriously can't say enough good things about Martin and his team!  If you ever get to go to the Tour Striker Academy, remember you get FREE coaching for life!  That's how I've been able to stay in contact with him throughout everything.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

10 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

I wanted to show you an example of how much you can change with the Planemate.  I've still kept in contact with Martin through CoachNow and kept getting his feedback.  I've noticed the most improvement over the past year or so.  The first video is what Martin, and his team, recorded when I first showed up at the Tour Striker Academy.  The 2nd video is from 2 weeks ago.  These are a little less than 3 years apart.  I even got 3rd place in a member-guest tournament over the weekend!! 

Seriously can't say enough good things about Martin and his team!  If you ever get to go to the Tour Striker Academy, remember you get FREE coaching for life!  That's how I've been able to stay in contact with him throughout everything.

That after swing looks great, awesome work

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

@goaliewales14 That's a huge difference in swing path.  Glad to see it is helping, i picked up a used one a few months ago and haven't had time to start using it as I need to be able to commit to doing it daily or at least most of the week, but it's encouraging to see your results.

11 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Dude takeaway and finish are just night and day! Solid work. Love the planemate!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Nice improvement. Curious if Martin has talked bout the working to get the armpits over the balls of the feet instead of over the toes?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, ChitownM2 said:

@goaliewales14 That's a huge difference in swing path.  Glad to see it is helping, i picked up a used one a few months ago and haven't had time to start using it as I need to be able to commit to doing it daily or at least most of the week, but it's encouraging to see your results.

Thanks!!  I will say that it'll take some time for the full swing.  The chipping and pitching came fairly quick, but the full swing was a grind!  My index right now took a HIT this year from trying to finish this grind!  Honestly, the offseason is a great time to start the full swing if you have a place you can hit off a simulator indoors.  I bought the membership at the PGA SS and started grinding there.

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Nice improvement. Curious if Martin has talked bout the working to get the armpits over the balls of the feet instead of over the toes?

No.  Martin and I are focusing on a few small things right now and trying to let these changes settle in for a bit.  If you're talking about where your weight should be in your feet, he has a test at his school to go through some of that stuff.  That was nowhere near our major concerns when going through everything.  

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

1 hour ago, goaliewales14 said:

Thanks!!  I will say that it'll take some time for the full swing.  The chipping and pitching came fairly quick, but the full swing was a grind!  My index right now took a HIT this year from trying to finish this grind!  Honestly, the offseason is a great time to start the full swing if you have a place you can hit off a simulator indoors.  I bought the membership at the PGA SS and started grinding there.

No.  Martin and I are focusing on a few small things right now and trying to let these changes settle in for a bit.  If you're talking about where your weight should be in your feet, he has a test at his school to go through some of that stuff.  That was nowhere near our major concerns when going through everything.  

Cool

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Goober said:

Why have so many had so much success with this. But yet I read same posters are on here trying new stuff all the time 

why did you stop using this ? Just curious w

Purely opinion but I think many rush thru the drills and never grasped the first couple drills and it caused issues in the follow on. Many wanted to get to the full swing drills because they thought doing those would help improve their swings.

They never have the body time to learn the new motor patterns and continued to struggle with the swing.

Going slow and nailing the basics with the short band are important 

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Why have so many had so much success with this. But yet I read same posters are on here trying new stuff all the time 

why did you stop using this ? Just curious w

I go back to it for wedges and some feels. I will say my lessons were more meaningful for me as it worked on things that were diagnosis wrong and worked with the matchups I possess. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Purely opinion but I think many rush thru the drills and never grasped the first couple drills and it caused issues in the follow on. Many wanted to get to the full swing drills because they thought doing those would help improve their swings.

They never have the body time to learn the new motor patterns and continued to struggle with the swing.

Going slow and nailing the basics with the short band are important 

I think that fast pace happens with every hobby people do. Everyone wants immediate results. Golf; is one hobby that doesn’t work that way 

11 minutes ago, Goober said:

I think that fast pace happens with every hobby people do. Everyone wants immediate results. Golf; is one hobby that doesn’t work that way 

For sure. I see it in some of the videos that get posted in the group forum for the Milo lines academy. 

People worry about and work on the symptoms in their swings and not the causes. 

For me I don't think I actually even moved on to full swings.  I really like this as a trainer when I'm getting loose or want to take some swings in the yard.  It certainly helped me keep better form over the winter last year.  

If I was going to run into any issues its because that first week moves very slow and you're not making a ton of swings in each session.  It almost feels like you're not doing enough.  

Now when I use it I go through the first weeks "drills" making 4-5 swings of each.  Its a great way to loosen up.  Over the winter I'm going to have to try more of the lessons since I now have a garage to swing in.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 2 weeks later...

This thing is amazing. Taking extra long to do the drills so I really engrain the benefits 

so happy I have this with the cold weather no upon us. Not going to rush ahead as many do. Starting with drill 1. Which is a basic short follow thru and min chipping stroke 

Edited by Goober

6 hours ago, Goober said:

This thing is amazing. Taking extra long to do the drills so I really engrain the benefits 

so happy I have this with the cold weather no upon us. Not going to rush ahead as many do. Starting with drill 1. Which is a basic short follow thru and min chipping stroke 

Good for you!  Stay with it.  It's a good training aid that I use from time-to-time.  I think it's worth it just for the chipping/pitching shots.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This aid is quite amazing. My coach was right about this thing. What I’m learning is the backswing is more arms in front. Way more then I ever felt with this unit. From there you let the tension go and the club just naturally drops into the slot.  
   Than it is a feeling of the handle going low and around you with no flip of the hands. Like they say in the protocol video, you can’t let the hands outrace your body. So I have to feel like the body is turning the same speed or faster than my hands coming thru 

Haven’t tried this on the range yet. And I’m on protocol 3 at the moment. But each day I start off with protocol one and two to build up the proper release feeling. Only issue I have is a slight soreness in my left elbow from maybe over extending the finish with the first protocol. It really feels like the club isn’t twisting or moving all over. Feels robotic, but also feels like the club should be very square for a very long time if you used this item for the duration 

Watched so many testimonial videos on YouTube raving about this. And some incredible transformations with it as well. Just find it odd the people raving it seemed to stop using it and have continued an endless quest of searching other swing philosophies. Why not just stick with this if you were having so many ‘light bulb’ moments ? I would think doing this for a whole golf season would really do some wonders for many of us 

After a week of this. I tried this taking 3/4 swings with the belt on. The look and feel of my swing has completely changed since I used it. The backswing was altered with this. And my hitting style with the handle low at impact and beyond is really foreign to me . Looks like a different golfer. Almost looks like someone who knows what they are doing . Haha 

Not sure what this will do after say a year of use. Will it make me a low ball hitter. As it seems the hit and follow thru looks like a punch shot. I’m very old school and I stick with things until the end of time. So I’m all in with this product for the long haul 

Really fascinated by this and almost ready in the drill series for full swings. Still on the short band 

Edited by Goober

Finally got to hit balls with this the last 3 days. And really loving this thing. Went to the long green band yesterday and that is way more difficult. The band is flipping around my forearm right in the follow thru. Which tells me I’m not hitting the follow thru position they recommend. And I think the reason is from a slower pivot and the hands taking over in my motion. Have to feel a hands forward and club head behind motion in transition to the follow thru. 

Anyone else have it where the band will go around your forearms into the follow thru?

Will be very interested to see how it works for you and how it helps your golf game.

WITB:

Driver - Callaway BB Alpha 9* Kuro Kage 50g. Reg. Shaft - 45"

3 Wood - Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Pro 14.5* Project X 5.5

5 Wood - Callaway XR 19* Project X 5.5

3 - 5 Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Hybrids 18*, 22*, & 25* w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft

6 - PW - Callaway Apex w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft - Standard length & lofts 

GW, SW & LW - Hogan TK - 49*, 54* & 58* - KBS fst - Wedge flex

Putter - Ping - Mid Ketsch Heavy - 33"

Slow motioned myself with the long green band. And if I be darned I don’t flip after I hit the ball. This thing does work and gave me that feedback. Didn’t appear on the short band. But plain as day with the longer one. Going to go back and do the 7 protocols again. Slower and with more attention to detail. Once I can nail them .. back to the longer band 

On 10/24/2022 at 4:02 AM, Goober said:

Finally got to hit balls with this the last 3 days. And really loving this thing. Went to the long green band yesterday and that is way more difficult. The band is flipping around my forearm right in the follow thru. Which tells me I’m not hitting the follow thru position they recommend. And I think the reason is from a slower pivot and the hands taking over in my motion. Have to feel a hands forward and club head behind motion in transition to the follow thru. 

Anyone else have it where the band will go around your forearms into the follow thru?

Happened to me when I first started with it.  It takes awhile to get it right, but it will happen.  Keep at it... it's worth it.

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Happened to me when I first started with it.  It takes awhile to get it right, but it will happen.  Keep at it... it's worth it.

Agree Kenny. I’m actually happy this training aid is showing me and making me feel where I go wrong at. Which is ironically the same area my pro was focusing on this season. So it shows that I still have a very long way to go.

imho; when they had day 1-7 Protocols.  They should call them phases or modules. Seven days is a little fast to jump into the long band. Many of the basics they show could take a golfer like me month(s) to just grasp and implement the smallest of changes. 

My teaching pro really likes this device. And he told me to Focus on swings from Hip high to the follow thru. As that is my biggest area where change needs to take place. 

Really think this little device will be perfect on my own swinging with a ball or without. No need for a camera as the main goal is keep that band to the right of you . But easier said than done hahaha

Still cranking away. And struggling at times. Hahah.But it’s a good struggle at that.

Told my issues with this training aid with my instructor.And he said that the tour striker franchise of training aids loves hands ahead at impact.Massive hands ahead really helps with this product as well. Especially in the followthru. He told me for some amateurs hands way ahead at impact can be a very bad thing. If the cord is going over my wrists after impact he told me not to be over concerned. He would be more concerned if it was pre impact or in transition. 

Still think this device is wonderful for what it is. My short game has never been this good since I started this 

• 2 weeks later...

Still going strong with this awesome product. Just a quick follow up on what transpired for me. I sent an email to tour striker explaining how I love the product ;However, struggling with the post impact and follow thru. The customer service dept had me send in a video of me using it. Two days later I got a personal Instruction video back from one of the academy teachers named Arron and even a follow up email from Mr Martin Chuck himself. Explaining to me how to use the aid more efficiently. Talk about great customer service. A week later and I’m still i shock they did this for me. 

Long story short. When my current teacher told me”don’t worry about not having hands forward”. “It isn’t meant for everyone”. Rubbed me the wrong way. Why can’t a student at least try to do something before they make up their own judgments. So I think I’m letting him go. Focus on this product. And notified Arron that I will be attending the Tour Striker Academy this spring. 

I did learn a lot from my last teacher working with him for 9 solid months. But telling me I may not be able to do something without at least trying didn’t resonate well with me. 

Edited by Goober

• 3 months later...

Checkin time!  I had a few minutes today on lunch and tossed my GW on the Planemate for a little partial swing checkup.

Who's still using planemate?  Anyone give up or more on to something else?  I need to review the protocols and see what I should be looking to do in the Spring as I haven't dug into some of the advanced protocols yet.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8