Tour Striker Planemate

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I enjoyed watching the video of you working on the protocols, thank you for posting them. The Planemate does an excellent job of getting you to feel using rotation properly. I haven't used mine in a bit, but I still like to rehearse the introductory swing to get the feeling of shifting my weight to my lead heel. 

You and @B.Boston will really enjoy it. Keep up the great work!

It’s a big change for me but day 1 felt really good and it translated mentally for me which is even better. I plan on doing a few videos!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

15 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

It’s a big change for me but day 1 felt really good and it translated mentally for me which is even better. I plan on doing a few videos!

That's awesome! I'll be looking forward to the videos.

Another thing I think it does extremely well is to help curb the inside takeaway and keeping you from rotating the club aggressively as you're taking it back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome! I'll be looking forward to the videos.

Another thing I think it does extremely well is to help curb the inside takeaway and keeping you from rotating the club aggressively as you're taking it back. 

That's the thing I like to do... I get whipping in back and inside which leave me no room but to come OTT on the downswing.  I was getting that "ghost hands" feeling even after taking a few pitches after Day 2's exercises... so weird! 

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Got protocol day 2 in. Woof there is some burn on those forearms. Rotation is feeling good, could feel myself "throwing my right hand" as Martin says on the protocol, and I was ready for that, knew I was going to do it. Was really trying to focus on on both hands keeping that "wedge" on the band and grip. I was happy that I didn't have any of the band crossover

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Got protocol day 2 in. Woof there is some burn on those forearms. Rotation is feeling good, could feel myself "throwing my right hand" as Martin says on the protocol, and I was ready for that, knew I was going to do it. Was really trying to focus on on both hands keeping that "wedge" on the band and grip. I was happy that I didn't have any of the band crossover

Yeah, maybe a Navy guy should keep it at 20 reps instead of 30.  😂

Sorry, last one.  I know that could get old quick.

Jokes aside, I’m excited to see how you and @B.Bostondo on the course after some time with this.  My only other tidbit of advice (and maybe you don’t need to hear this) is when you do get on the course just play and trust that the work will comE through, as opposed to trying to recreate PlaneMate feels.  I did the latter first time out and it didn’t go well.  If you think you stink and all that...

• Like 3

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

23 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Jokes aside, I’m excited to see how you and @B.Bostondo on the course after some time with this.  My only other tidbit of advice (and maybe you don’t need to hear this) is when you do get on the course just play and trust that the work will comE through, as opposed to trying to recreate PlaneMate feels.  I did the latter first time out and it didn’t go well.  If you think you stink and all that...

I got my 30+ in! Not all of us have all day to work out 😂

so I have been trying to make sure I do some swings after and get it to translate. I think this program would have been a struggle for me prior to now. I’m excited to see some results 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

20 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks for the advice.  I try my very best to NOT think about my swing when I’m on the course haha.  I can see using some of the feels before a swing like you see some of the pros do to get the feel before swinging.  

I finished day 3 today.  “Pause and Shallow Short Shots” I’m starting to feel more comfortable with it.  Tomorrow is still short shots but going to the higher finish.  We shall see how crossed up I get! Haha

I’m going to trust the process and let the muscle memory take over.  So far my wife hasn’t straight up laughed at me, but did threaten to secretly record me so she can win $10K on AFV.  She must have seen on of my duffed shots in the yard.  😂

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

25 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Thanks for the advice.  I try my very best to NOT think about my swing when I’m on the course haha.  I can see using some of the feels before a swing like you see some of the pros do to get the feel before swinging.  

I finished day 3 today.  “Pause and Shallow Short Shots” I’m starting to feel more comfortable with it.  Tomorrow is still short shots but going to the higher finish.  We shall see how crossed up I get! Haha

I’m going to trust the process and let the muscle memory take over.  So far my wife hasn’t straight up laughed at me, but did threaten to secretly record me so she can win $10K on AFV.  She must have seen on of my duffed shots in the yard.  😂

That’s hilarious, my wife had nearly the same reaction.  She gave me a bit of grief for disappearing into the basement after the kids were in bed instead of hanging out with her.  Last week she settled in to watch a show, and I joined her...with the Planemate on...started doing a protocol while watching with her.  She was equal parts amused and disturbed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

That’s hilarious, my wife had nearly the same reaction.  She gave me a bit of grief for disappearing into the basement after the kids were in bed instead of hanging out with her.  Last week she settled in to watch a show, and I joined her...with the Planemate on...started doing a protocol while watching with her.  She was equal parts amused and disturbed.

The things we do.....for golf 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

As the weather is finally getting warmer, I've started the grind back on my swing.  I used the planemate last year and saw HUGE improvements.  I figured the best way to start swinging was to use it for the first few swings.  I'll be honest, I've never felt so comfortable swinging within just a few range sessions!  My feels are instantly coming back that I saw at the end of the season!

• Like 4

Driver: Taylormade SIM2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

As the weather is finally getting warmer, I've started the grind back on my swing.  I used the planemate last year and saw HUGE improvements.  I figured the best way to start swinging was to use it for the first few swings.  I'll be honest, I've never felt so comfortable swinging within just a few range sessions!  My feels are instantly coming back that I saw at the end of the season!

Well I love hearing that!

I didn’t get to do day 5 protocol today, and decided against going out in the dark. I’m on no rush to move on quickly after week 1 as I think this is going to be a great long term way to stay loose and in a groove.
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Well I love hearing that!

I didn’t get to do day 5 protocol today, and decided against going out in the dark. I’m on no rush to move on quickly after week 1 as I think this is going to be a great long term way to stay loose and in a groove.

The advanced protocols are where everything really started to click for me!  I did well in the 7-day, but light bulbs in the advanced.  

After the protocols, I used it on the range before every round.  It just allowed me to get that feel early, so my body knew what to do on the course.  I didn't have to feel like I was "searching" for my swing on the range.  I just followed the warm-up in the "Protocol Series."  

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade SIM2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

So I got to do that day 5 protocol today which is a more full wedge shot, so I thought I would record a before and after the protocol.  

To preface, I don’t think my short clubs have many issues... or I should say I didn’t think they did... to my eye I saw a significant difference in the before and after, particularly in the transition, which is exactly what I’m hoping to get out of this longterm.  I was also happy to see that my tempo was basically the same.  My focus was just on hitting the shot and feeling like it should be a 60-70 yard wedge (The plastic balls don’t really do that, but I was happy to see they went straight anyway!).  Really cool to see the Planemate working.  Already looking forward to tomorrow.

Left Side - After Training, Right Side - Before

Also glad I got to try out this app.  Seems pretty cool.  Saves the video and this picture if you want:

96E4CCA1-CF6E-41CA-AE22-2851EE9B6824.jpeg.9da70d9c05f2bfca26817f8248046878.jpeg

To the advanced Planemate guys,  How long into working with it do you feel you really started to have the repeatability with your swing?  I imagine now if I did a warmup on the range before a round I’d loose those feels by the 2nd or 3rd hole...

• Like 6

On 4/5/2021 at 7:54 PM, B.Boston said:

To the advanced Planemate guys,  How long into working with it do you feel you really started to have the repeatability with your swing?  I imagine now if I did a warmup on the range before a round I’d loose those feels by the 2nd or 3rd hole...

Not sure who these "advanced" guys are you speak of, but in my case I felt my takeaway cleaned up nicely in 3-4 weeks of consistent use, and the same for better rotation in my wedge shots.   I still struggle with the shallowing part a bit, but that's more of my brain getting in the way...when I swing poorly I typically get in a race to the ball and play with a "hit" mentality instead of collecting the ball like you hear Martin say a lot in the videos.

I will say, as beneficial as it is, I sometimes find it hard to be as religious with the PlaneMate as I'd like to be...I think @edingchas experienced the same thing.  Not sure why really; I hope to be better about that this season.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Not sure who these "advanced" guys are you speak of, but in my case I felt my takeaway cleaned up nicely in 3-4 weeks of consistent use, and the same for better rotation in my wedge shots.   I still struggle with the shallowing part a bit, but that's more of my brain getting in the way...when I swing poorly I typically get in a race to the ball and play with a "hit" mentality instead of collecting the ball like you hear Martin say a lot in the videos.

I will say, as beneficial as it is, I sometimes find it hard to be as religious with the PlaneMate as I'd like to be...I think @edingchas experienced the same thing.  Not sure why really; I hope to be better about that this season.  

Correct, I haven't really followed the protocols and only strap it on maybe once a week. I find the takeaway/backswing (standing up the umbrella) to be the most valuable part of the Planemate for me and I like having it on once in a while to keep that feel.

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.1 / Anti-Cap: 14.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (5-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Thanks guys!  

Finished up week 1 today.  The plan is to get to the range in the next few days. I’m going to try to remember to bring stuff so I can capture a few shots on video. 

• Like 2

Completed protocol 5 today and it’s really clicking. Had a pretty hectic week at work but at home just kept going over day 1/2 protocols so I’m catching up the past few days.

Went to the range for the protocol. Hit a few balls while strapped in. Afterwards though I had by far my best ball striking day I’ve ever had with irons. Towards the end actually got a little tired so got a little sloppy but very very happy overall.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Completed protocol 5 today and it’s really clicking. Had a pretty hectic week at work but at home just kept going over day 1/2 protocols so I’m catching up the past few days.

Went to the range for the protocol. Hit a few balls while strapped in. Afterwards though I had by far my best ball striking day I’ve ever had with irons. Towards the end actually got a little tired so got a little sloppy but very very happy overall.

Glad to hear you’re having a good experience with it.  Be sure to let us know the first time you get on the course now that you’ve been working with it for a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

Glad to hear you’re having a good experience with it.  Be sure to let us know the first time you get on the course now that you’ve been working with it for a bit.

Saturday! Can’t wait to test it out. Today’s protocol is key for me. Letting that relax happen and shallowing the club, I’ve never had so many pure contact shots in a row in my life

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

WITB: