Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Watched a review video on TXG tonight.  They seemed to give it high scores, even though Ian didn't use it correctly.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for you guys who own this training aid. Does this do the same thing that is shown in this My Golf Spy training aid hack article?

469A887D-C039-4729-A767-4E62D9C5DA7A.png

DC093B2B-FA0E-4AE4-B6E4-4A15B79EB1B6.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This device has been a game changer for me. I’ve had difficulty feeling the proper shallow then the rotation necessary to avoid getting handsey and relying on timing. Teaches how to keep hips moving around and not stalling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 9:58 PM, joen said:

I have a question for you guys who own this training aid. Does this do the same thing that is shown in this My Golf Spy training aid hack article?

After watching the TXG video,  I would say the bungee cord helps with the rotation part,  but not the club shallowing/movement aspect.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cnosil said:

After watching the TXG video,  I would say the bungee cord helps with the rotation part,  but not the club shallowing/movement aspect.

For the most part. The cord is used to provide “tension” to keep hands and arms in the correct positions and to aid in rotation and then to lose “tension” to help shallow the shaft and put the hands and wrists in the correct positions in transition, prior to impact and at the follow thru

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very interesting tool. Serious question and not a dig on the product... Doesn’t that follow through promote a fade? It seems that you can’t get a full release with it.

It looks like it would be amazing for improving the short game.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tap In said:

This is a very interesting tool. Serious question and not a dig on the product... Doesn’t that follow through promote a fade? It seems that you can’t get a full release with it.

It looks like it would be amazing for improving the short game.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

No. A fade or draw can be hit with and inside out swing. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine the other day, just inside practice so far with the pitching cord. I'm going to try and hit the range with it in the next few days if my pride can take it. I've been striking it horrible for almost 2 months now. I can barely fly my 7i 90 yards. Learning left handed has been really tough but if this thing helps me you know it's legit. I haven't hit a solid shot in 6 weeks at least. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No. A fade or draw can be hit with and inside out swing. 
Been using mine for a bit now too, bout a week indoors into a net. Helps with my pocket a ton. Learning the feels of staying down through impacted and really rotating through the shot

Obviously helps a bunch with getting the feel of the club shallowing.

I too am a bit concerned about the finish. When/ If you get the hang of engraining those feels and can put them into practice on a reasonable basis, it seams like you'd have to also "re-learn" a proper release on some kinds of shots

The swing "feels" like Tommy Fleetwood, but wondering if that sawed off finish is something can work consistently navigating around a course for 18 holes....

Sent from my SM-G973U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 1:17 PM, mr.hicksta said:

I've used a lot of training aids and I've got to say, this is easily the best one I've tried in terms of the ingraining certain swing feelings. For me, getting on plane and not muscling the ball have been my biggest challenges and I've been working on both the last two years with minimal success. So far I've worked through the daily protocols so the next step is to take the Planemate shot to the range so I'm excited to see how it all translates. Kitchen swings are one thing, but range/course swings are an entirely different story! I'm going to keep using it to ingrain those feels and I'm thinking it's going to make a difference long term!

Man, I've got to get this!  I often lose the feel of my swing through out the year and hope something like this would help me keep it working.

 

MDGolfHacker

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MadDad said:

Been using mine for a bit now too, bout a week indoors into a net. Helps with my pocket a ton. Learning the feels of staying down through impacted and really rotating through the shot

Obviously helps a bunch with getting the feel of the club shallowing.

I too am a bit concerned about the finish. When/ If you get the hang of engraining those feels and can put them into practice on a reasonable basis, it seams like you'd have to also "re-learn" a proper release on some kinds of shots

The swing "feels" like Tommy Fleetwood, but wondering if that sawed off finish is something can work consistently navigating around a course for 18 holes....

Sent from my SM-G973U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

There’s videos of Darren Clarke taking full swings with it. 

While it has you working to a “sawed off” finish anything past the point is for looks any ways. In a normal swing once you get to that point after release you just let the arms go to the top 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 12:56 PM, mr.hicksta said:

 

I preordered my TS Planemate last December and finally got it this week. I’ve been going through the daily protocols and really think this has the potential to help a lot of golfers. I wanted to start a thread to discuss for those who have one and for those who may be on the fence!

 

IMG_3466.JPG

 

Mr Hicksta and others using this device. I have to ask. Does this thing work?  Is your ballstriking better?  I love training aids and I have owned many over the years. Some are better than others. It has always been my feeling....whether it is real or not is up for debate....that the best aids are the ones that you can hit balls with.  Would love to hear from you guys further thoughts.   Thanks in advance. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, joen said:

Mr Hicksta and others using this device. I have to ask. Does this thing work?  Is your ballstriking better?  I love training aids and I have owned many over the years. Some are better than others. It has always been my feeling....whether it is real or not is up for debate....that the best aids are the ones that you can hit balls with.  Would love to hear from you guys further thoughts.   Thanks in advance. 

I think it certainly helps with the feeling of shallowing, but jury is still out on the ball striking part for me. I got mine at the preorder price of $79 and I honestly don't know if I'd buy it at the current price. But regardless of the price, I think it's easily one of the training aids available. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep this thing is the real deal. So many gimmicks out there but the pro at the local club got one and we been messing around with it. It’s not a just put on and start swinging process though so you need your own. There is a entire process you go though before your making full swings.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought one about a week ago.  Definitely could use some refining as the clip that clips to the belt is paper clip sturdy.  Whether you clip it the way they say to or the other way it will break off.  Guess I’ll try  gorilla taping back together 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SugarCooty said:

I bought one about a week ago.  Definitely could use some refining as the clip that clips to the belt is paper clip sturdy.  Whether you clip it the way they say to or the other way it will break off.  Guess I’ll try  gorilla taping back together 

I haven’t had that issue at all with mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a couple online lessons with Bryan Pate, who works for Martin Chuck, the designer of all of the TourStriker stiff. The lessons I did were last year, well before the Planemate came to market, but I will say, how they teach is exactly the way it looks like one should use this device. Last night I went back through the videos Bryan sent me and the drills immediately made me think of the Planemate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 9:41 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

There’s videos of Darren Clarke taking full swings with it. 

While it has you working to a “sawed off” finish anything past the point is for looks any ways. In a normal swing once you get to that point after release you just let the arms go to the top 

The PlaneMate makes me think of the martial arts maxim that force meets force blindly. Meeting the resistance of the band, you reach for width on the takeaway. Meeting the resistance of the band after impact, you push your hand path low and left. When the band is gone, that push takes you to a full follow through. I think it’s a brilliant invention.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, howellhandmade said:

The PlaneMate makes me think of the martial arts maxim that force meets force blindly. Meeting the resistance of the band, you reach for width on the takeaway. Meeting the resistance of the band after impact, you push your hand path low and left. When the band is gone, that push takes you to a full follow through. I think it’s a brilliant invention.

Interesting analogy. I watched the drill videos (but did not but one; do have a Smart Ball, tho) and Martin talks a *LOT* .. as he does in many of his other instructional vid tips .. about keeping "structure" in the arms throughout the swing, start to finish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggle with crossing the line at the top of my back swing and am wondering if the plane mate can help with this. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...