Tour Striker Planemate

After about 2 months of using the PM, I'm noticing better, more consistent contact with my irons and wedges.  I'm still not sure about the followthrough finishing position.  I have better results with Monte's NTC; cast to 12 o'clock, which is a release of the trail wrist extension.

I haven't tried it yet with the driver.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 7/23/2021 at 7:52 AM, edingc said:

Excellent for pitching and half shots! One area that immediately got better when I got the Planemate because I used to be all arms.

*snip*

^^^^^THIS!^^^^^

I have been working with the 7-day protocol exclusively (for the past 14 days 😄).  Someone said earlier that the improvement in chipping and pitching alone would be worth the price of admission, and I agree 100%!  Earlier this year, I had two short game lessons, and made what I thought was excellent progress, but when I was alone, without my instructor, it was as if I forgot everything that we worked on; the short game was costing me at least 5-6 shots per round.  Chunks, thins, sh-sh-sh-shanks.  You name it.

Focused on protocols 1-5, which I was able to practice without hitting balls.  Went to the short game practice area of the local course, and, after swallowing my pride, strapped on the PM and hit some chips and pitches.  It was glorious!  Solid contact every time, so that I was able to work on gapping clubs for different length pitch shots. 

One thing that was pretty funny was the feeling of hitting the same shots after taking off the PM.  The clubhead felt as if it was floating, and the entire club weighed nothing.  It took a few shots sans the PM to get back to hitting good, solid shots again.   For now, I am going to focus only on club back to parallel, until I am reasonably confident that I will not fall back into the lifelong habit of taking the club back waaay inside.

Finally, I contacted the guy I bought the used PM from, who informed me that he never did register it.  I did, and am able to access all of the videos.  Thanks to everyone for their excellent advice!

• Like 5

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to show you an example of how much you can change with the Planemate.  I've still kept in contact with Martin through CoachNow and kept getting his feedback.  I've noticed the most improvement over the past year or so.  The first video is what Martin, and his team, recorded when I first showed up at the Tour Striker Academy.  The 2nd video is from 2 weeks ago.  These are a little less than 3 years apart.  I even got 3rd place in a member-guest tournament over the weekend!! 

Seriously can't say enough good things about Martin and his team!  If you ever get to go to the Tour Striker Academy, remember you get FREE coaching for life!  That's how I've been able to stay in contact with him throughout everything.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe Low Bounce
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

10 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

I wanted to show you an example of how much you can change with the Planemate.  I've still kept in contact with Martin through CoachNow and kept getting his feedback.  I've noticed the most improvement over the past year or so.  The first video is what Martin, and his team, recorded when I first showed up at the Tour Striker Academy.  The 2nd video is from 2 weeks ago.  These are a little less than 3 years apart.  I even got 3rd place in a member-guest tournament over the weekend!! 

Seriously can't say enough good things about Martin and his team!  If you ever get to go to the Tour Striker Academy, remember you get FREE coaching for life!  That's how I've been able to stay in contact with him throughout everything.

That after swing looks great, awesome work

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 11/13/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 3 wood, 5 wood - Aldila Ascent 60 S
Irons:titelist-small: T300 5 to SW - LAGP AXS Red 85 Stiff double soft stepped
Wedges:Miura: K-grind 2.0 58 wedge - Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge 100
Putter:  SIK DW Armlock - LAGP 180 armlock shaft

@goaliewales14 That's a huge difference in swing path.  Glad to see it is helping, i picked up a used one a few months ago and haven't had time to start using it as I need to be able to commit to doing it daily or at least most of the week, but it's encouraging to see your results.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Dude takeaway and finish are just night and day! Solid work. Love the planemate!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

11 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Nice improvement. Curious if Martin has talked bout the working to get the armpits over the balls of the feet instead of over the toes?

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, ChitownM2 said:

@goaliewales14 That's a huge difference in swing path.  Glad to see it is helping, i picked up a used one a few months ago and haven't had time to start using it as I need to be able to commit to doing it daily or at least most of the week, but it's encouraging to see your results.

Thanks!!  I will say that it'll take some time for the full swing.  The chipping and pitching came fairly quick, but the full swing was a grind!  My index right now took a HIT this year from trying to finish this grind!  Honestly, the offseason is a great time to start the full swing if you have a place you can hit off a simulator indoors.  I bought the membership at the PGA SS and started grinding there.

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Nice improvement. Curious if Martin has talked bout the working to get the armpits over the balls of the feet instead of over the toes?

No.  Martin and I are focusing on a few small things right now and trying to let these changes settle in for a bit.  If you're talking about where your weight should be in your feet, he has a test at his school to go through some of that stuff.  That was nowhere near our major concerns when going through everything.  

• Like 3

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe Low Bounce
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

1 hour ago, goaliewales14 said:

Thanks!!  I will say that it'll take some time for the full swing.  The chipping and pitching came fairly quick, but the full swing was a grind!  My index right now took a HIT this year from trying to finish this grind!  Honestly, the offseason is a great time to start the full swing if you have a place you can hit off a simulator indoors.  I bought the membership at the PGA SS and started grinding there.

No.  Martin and I are focusing on a few small things right now and trying to let these changes settle in for a bit.  If you're talking about where your weight should be in your feet, he has a test at his school to go through some of that stuff.  That was nowhere near our major concerns when going through everything.  

Cool

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1