Our Sponsors

OK. I am going on to day 5 of the protocols today as I got my Plane Mate on Wednesday. It is a great training aid for those who roll the club to the inside on the takeaway. I really like the motion that it ingrains on the takeaway. A mirror is a must with this device if you ask me. The one armed swings are awesome as well. I really like the pitching motion that it teaches....scores on the Sky Trak short game combine have been awesome.  I don’t know about the full swing as I haven’t progressed that far yet....but in my humble opinion the short game motion that it teaches is worth the admission price alone. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, joen said:

OK. I am going on to day 5 of the protocols today as I got my Plane Mate on Wednesday. It is a great training aid for those who roll the club to the inside on the takeaway. I really like the motion that it ingrains on the takeaway. A mirror is a must with this device if you ask me. The one armed swings are awesome as well. I really like the pitching motion that it teaches....scores on the Sky Trak short game combine have been awesome.  I don’t know about the full swing as I haven’t progressed that far yet....but in my humble opinion the short game motion that it teaches is worth the admission price alone. 

Agreed. About to do my day 5 protocol as well 

Being occupied with life...and completely out of touch with golf lately...I just saw these. Need to go through and read this thread but this one is intriguing. I struggle with over the top (amongst other things) and feel like his could really help.

• Like 1

For the past few years I have been struggling steeping the shaft in transition.  No matter what my body would not let the club head fall behind me in transition.  After using the plane mate a couple weeks my body was finally able to feel the correct move.  After the first few weeks it has been much easier for me to work on drills that help me to not steepen the shaft in transition.  I still have a ton of practice to do but am moving in the right direction.   

If you have a flat back swing and then steepen the shaft in transition this is a good training aid.  It is pricey but about the cost of two lessons.  There is no way a pro would have been able to stop this fault in my swing in the first two sessions.  

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 7:40 PM, Steveigolf said:

I struggle with crossing the line at the top of my back swing and am wondering if the plane mate can help with this. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Yes, but as George Gankas teaches across the line isn’t always a problem if one shallows correctly ala Matt Wolff.

anyone can watch the first 7 protocols on the a website free so you can check out the last few

This thing is legit. Only have used it for about 2 weeks now but the impact it has already had on my chipping is incredible. 

If that is the only impact it has I will have gotten my moneys worth but I can see that how the benefits will translate into longer shots as I continue to progress with it. 

• Like 2

This thing is legit. Only have used it for about 2 weeks now but the impact it has already had on my chipping is incredible. 
If that is the only impact it has I will have gotten my moneys worth but I can see that how the benefits will translate into longer shots as I continue to progress with it. 

I’m taking lessons from one of Chuck’s Pros and what they teach is exactly the motion of the Planemate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’m taking lessons from one of Chuck’s Pros and what they teach is exactly the motion of the Planemate.

Yeah the plane mate is fantastic is because it provides instant feedback if you are out of position or flipping at impact. First training aid that has provided noticeable improvement without an instructor 

• Like 1

Yeah the plane mate is fantastic is because it provides instant feedback if you are out of position or flipping at impact. First training aid that has provided noticeable improvement without an instructor 

Are the lessons you’re taking coinciding with the planemate movement? The coach I saw in New Orleans had me swinging much more upright than what the planemate would match, or how Bryan is coaching me now. Much more rotation now vs before.

9 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Are the lessons you’re taking coinciding with the planemate movement? The coach I saw in New Orleans had me swinging much more upright than what the planemate would match, or how Bryan is coaching me now. Much more rotation now vs before.

Yup. Steeper backswing. Shallowing out club in transition and heavy rotation with low hands through to the finish 

• Like 1

Bought one, but its backordered until end of March.  This should help with exactly what I've been struggling with the last few years. 

• Like 1

Ok. Now that I have spent some time with the planemate. Here are my thoughts. As a training aid junkie....this is without a doubt the most helpful training aid ever invented. My inside takeaway is completely gone. My ball flight at the indoor golf dome and on my Skytrak are like watching the same shot get hit over and over and over again. Short game is on point as well.  Looking forward to golf trip in March!!!

• Like 8

I broke down and ordered one today, will be here next Tuesday.

• Like 4

I have had mine for about three weeks and figured I'd share my initial thoughts..

Typical Issues:

- Getting off plane at top of back swing, typically close to crossing the line.

- Weak flair right because of hands taking over and "flipping wrists" -- will also get hands "high" at contact

PlaneMate Thoughts:

- 100% helps with takeaway of the club - I feel like I am on plane without thought at the top now

- Immediate feedback if you get hands high and flip wrists. Love the feedback here. My swing coach preaches swinging "low & left" through contact and it has always been a hard feeling for me to trust.

- Definitely helps with continued rotation through impact.

After using it for a few sessions, went out and shot a career best 74. Playing partners made the comment that they didn't see me hit a shot offline all day, and I'm typically good for at least a few of those wild shots. The swing changes are still setting in, as I played the day after my 74 and my swing felt all out of sorts. Overall, definitely the best training aid I have seen, and with continued use and practice, will help many golfers.

• Like 8

I still can't get over how fast it transformed my chipping and pitching. 

Looking forward to diving into more full swing stuff when my hitting net arrives Thursday 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jlukes said:

I still can't get over how fast it transformed my chipping and pitching. 

I might have to get one for that single reason.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I might have to get one for that single reason.  

You will not be sorry!

And no, I am not a paid sponsor!  Lol!

• Like 1

I thought hmm, maybe I'll try one since we have so much time on our hands now. Guess that's out the window:

image.png.bb803a6931b196e59241b1320995a047.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I gotta wait a bit before buying this. Had to order a new net today since I’ve almost taken out a couple cars and houses!
Bummed.

• Like 3

...this thing has me really intrigued. especially after watching the TXG video.

• Like 3