Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

...this thing has me really intrigued. especially after watching the TXG video.

It's legit.

It is the only training aid I've used that 

1) Provides a feeling when you are making the wrong movements

2) Provides a feeling when you are making the right movements

3) Comes with videos/protocols that show you how to use the training aid properly and how to practice to start making the right movements

• Like 6

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

22 hours ago, yungkory said:

I thought hmm, maybe I'll try one since we have so much time on our hands now. Guess that's out the window:

image.png.bb803a6931b196e59241b1320995a047.png

I was looking around knowing it was sold out everywhere.   They are selling for $400-$500 on ebay.   I'll just wait until June timeframe.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'd love to try one of these out but also saw the backorder status on tourstriker.com.  It's funny that some brand new ones are selling for $300-$400 on eBay but if you look at the sold listings there are normal $150 sales sprinkled in there from March as well.  Guess I'll keep trying eBay and hope they come in stock a little sooner since things seem to be clearing up in China now.

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

I placed my order back on February 11, and received it on the 17th. At the time the site said it was back ordered.  Anyway, circumstances have certainly changed since then. Courses are closed for who knows how long here, so I should really do more with it than I have now that my golf time won’t be used on the course.

My experience with the planemate so far has been quite good, but limited.  In the five weeks I’ve owned it, I’ve worn it maybe a total of 2.5 hours, including a 45 minute session in a Trackman simulator bay.  I have also played six rounds or so in that time, and have equaled my personal best low score at my home course, and three others were within a few shots. Furthermore, that personal best round closed with a bogey, triple. Ugh.  For February and March, these scores don’t happen for me.  My low scores come in August and September.

Personally, there was a lot of low hanging fruit.  The basic protocols have really improved my game from 150 in. I can take a five (let’s say) iron, swing it halfway to halfway, and chase a shot up onto the green (or close and not in trouble) that doesn’t get more than 10 feet off the ground from anywhere now. I used to have lots of trouble turning that shot over and hooking it into fescue and trees.  Chipping and pitching doesn’t cause uncertainty.  I approach the shot confident that whatever shot I choose, I’ll make clean contact and start it on my chosen line. I used to feel very defensive in the short game. 

Like someone who reads the last chapter first, I did try the full swing protocols without mastering the early stuff. Full confession, I stink at the one handed shots. I have lots of difficulty still with the top hand (right cause I’m righty) crossing over the bottom on my follow through, around waist high, causing the band to wrap around me. Makes me feel completely uncoordinated.  It’s a process and I guess I’ll have to follow it. Now I have the time.

This product has been very helpful to me personally. It has helped me with shallowing out the downswing, sequencing, maintaining spine angle, and hip rotation throughout the swing.  On the trackman, the results have been a much smaller delta between my club path and face angle at impact.  That equals straighter shots. 

Cheers everyone.

• Like 2

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I have had mine for two weeks now... It has been the best thing I have ever done for my golf game. 

I am actually going to see Martin Chuck tomorrow for a 1 on 1. First time ever going somewhere for a "lesson" or seeking out some kind of swing coach. We'll see what happens!

• Like 8

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 - Accra TZ6 M5

:ping-small: G410 LST Fairway 14.5 - Tensei Orange X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 3H - Tensei White TX

:mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL 4-PW - Modus 120 X

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/56M 

:taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58

:taylormade-small: Spider X

:Snell: MTB-X

Looking to pick up one of these in the uk when this clears up... looking forward to finally picking any club up

• Like 1

So I've got a little reputation around here for hacking together homemade versions of golf gear. I wanted to do a Plane Mate, I really did. But I couldn't come up with a way to do so that would have enough quality to be really trustworthy and usable.

So this happened:

Screenshot_20200509-070721.png

• Like 9

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 80 X
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
Currently testing: :Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R Ball, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

So I've got a little reputation around here for hacking together homemade versions of golf gear. I wanted to do a Plane Mate, I really did. But I couldn't come up with a way to do so that would have enough quality to be really trustworthy and usable.

So this happened:

Screenshot_20200509-070721.png

Haha you're going to really enjoy it. Knowing what you struggle with I think it's really going to help you. The only training aid that not only tells you're doing something wrong, but also helps you correct and get in the right positions. 

• Like 3

SuperSpeed Forum Tester

I've definitely experimented with an "imaginary" Plane Mate (might not work for everyone, to be sure), and I can see the enormous difference even with that.

Let me ask this: what impact, if any, did using the Plane Mate have on your distances? What I found over the winter is that a "good" swing tended to be shorter, often much shorter, than my normal one. I'd expect that, over time, speed with the improved swing would return, but it was a little alarming how much it fell off for me.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I've definitely experimented with an "imaginary" Plane Mate (might not work for everyone, to be sure), and I can see the enormous difference even with that.

Let me ask this: what impact, if any, did using the Plane Mate have on your distances? What I found over the winter is that a "good" swing tended to be shorter, often much shorter, than my normal one. I'd expect that, over time, speed with the improved swing would return, but it was a little alarming how much it fell off for me.

My iron and wedge distance went up a little because it's help me stop flipping. Thus, I'm presenting less dynamic loft and getting a more ideal trajectory.  

I would expect that, along with better rotation, would lead to so increased speed for you 

• Like 3

SuperSpeed Forum Tester

Gonna try one out as well. I don't have a problem feeling more rotation when I'm swinging my wedges, but it doesn't translate to my irons and driver, maybe this will help!

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

My iron and wedge distance went up a little because it's help me stop flipping. Thus, I'm presenting less dynamic loft and getting a more ideal trajectory.  

I would expect that, along with better rotation, would lead to so increased speed for you 

I agree that if you can continue to practice with the planemate that the speed of the rotation leads to an increase in distance and tighter dispersion.  I've tried to utilize a "mental" planemate, but find I lose the sensation of the connection after a couple of rounds.

• Like 2

I have a tracking number!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I have a tracking number!

I'm gonna have to start paying facility fees to use your equipment

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Erik-M said:

I'm gonna have to start paying facility fees to use your equipment

I've got to be close to having the best golf lesson studio in the Upper Peninsula. If only I knew what I was doing....

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I got my planemate about a week ago, but the clamp and cords weren’t in the box. Quick email to support and they sent me the rest of the gear. 

Full disclosure I am completely new to golf. I only had one lesson and struggle with rotating my hips instead of my upper body. 

I’m on day 2 of the videos and boy are the one handed shots are difficult. 

I fell like it’s helping me get that “feeling” of rotating bc the cord pulls my right hip. 

I will say I’m a little annoyed that I had to use masking tape on my wedge to stop the clamp from rotating and sliding up. At $162 you’d think they would have that solved. 

Edited by Chonch
  • Like 1

Ordered mine friday but havent gotten an order confirmation email yet. Hopefully they're not back ordered again. Shipping to an FPO so I have to wait at least a couple for it.

• Like 1

I am a big follower of Adam Young who makes it clear that it doesn't matter how your swing looks, it only matters how the club strikes the ball so I have avoided this sort of thing. But, quarantine has me going crazy and I have one coming today. I'm very excited to try this out and will share my feedback on it!

• Like 4

9* F9 AD DI 6S / Hzrdus Smoke 6S (testing ongoing)

3W F9 Atmos Blue TS 7S

3-PW MP20 Mixed (3,4 HMB; 5,6 MCC, 7-PW MB) KBS $Taper

50, 54, 58 RTX4 DG300

Scotty Newport 3 

I am a big follower of Adam Young who makes it clear that it doesn't matter how your swing looks, it only matters how the club strikes the ball so I have avoided this sort of thing. But, quarantine has me going crazy and I have one coming today. I'm very excited to try this out and will share my feedback on it!

I agree with what you are saying but you have to work on making contact better and being able to repeat that contact.
  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 8/13/2019 at 12:12 PM, mr.hicksta said:

I’ve primarily used it for my daily swings in the house and it definitely helps you get the correct feelings. I tried it on the range once, but didn’t have very good results. I’ll be giving it another go soon though because I think I had the band set too tight. With consistent use over time I think it will make a difference!

I believe anyone playing the game should have one and continue with it until they strike the ball well!  It's that good and that correct!!  it is pretty tough to hit balls with the tightest strap!  I say your earlier post about trying to muscle it.  Frequent problem for golfers who don't have the muscles you do!  It usually requires a concept change that discovers you can create more speed with the feeling of less effort.  Eventually you will see the ball go farther and it will shock you.  Frankly, I don't like the feel of my swing that produces the fastest ball speeds and usually the best precision.  I've learned I'd rather be uncomfortable and decent that comfortable and not very good.  Tough journey.  Possible golfer should stop looking for comfort and start seeking productive & useful.  

• Like 3