TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Precision Pro NX9 HD Rangefinder

Stage 2 now up 😮

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

On 7/12/2019 at 9:30 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

Using in the wind

@perseveringgolfer just curious what the issue was with the wind. I play a lot of times in windy weather here on the Great Lakes (generally 15-20 mph) and haven't had an issue. On the other hand we do have reflectors on the flagsticks so I get quick acquisition. Wondering if there's a difference in target acquisition between my Pro model and the HD. . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

@perseveringgolfer just curious what the issue was with the wind. I play a lot of times in windy weather here on the Great Lakes (generally 15-20 mph) and haven't had an issue. On the other hand we do have reflectors on the flagsticks so I get quick acquisition. Wondering if there's a difference in target acquisition between my Pro model and the HD. . 

shaky hands and wind dont make good bedfellows when I'm lasering 180 yds away 🌬️ I think reflectors would be great but I havent seen any course here with them, so far.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

51 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

shaky hands and wind dont make good bedfellows when I'm lasering 180 yds away 🌬️ I think reflectors would be great but I havent seen any course here with them, so far.

That's probably the difference. Most of the courses I play have reflectors on the flag sticks. On those that don't I've steadied my hand by leaning against the golf cart or leaned on my push cart. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Snipers/Sharpshooters are taught to hold their breath when taking a shot as it helps steady the body.  You should give that a try and see if it helps you to tag the flags. 🏌️‍♂️

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

48 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Snipers/Sharpshooters are taught to hold their breath when taking a shot as it helps steady the body.  You should give that a try and see if it helps you to tag the flags. 🏌️‍♂️

I hold it until I nearly pass out😂

I hold it until I nearly pass out

Maybe that’s the problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Played a few holes tonight teeing off at 5.30 and got 13 in before darkness at 7.30pm. I used the laser fine until the light got to dusk then it couldnt target anything, but thats understandable. I was curious how it would be and to be fair even when the sun was just on the horizon it still picked up flags as normal (no wind helped). Last 3 holes I stopped trying, but wondered if anyone else has tried in evening light?

19 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Played a few holes tonight teeing off at 5.30 and got 13 in before darkness at 7.30pm. I used the laser fine until the light got to dusk then it couldnt target anything, but thats understandable. I was curious how it would be and to be fair even when the sun was just on the horizon it still picked up flags as normal (no wind helped). Last 3 holes I stopped trying, but wondered if anyone else has tried in evening light?

Our round yesterday was wrapping up just after 6:30pm so it was starting to get just a bit darker, and I didn't have any issues. 

In fact, this was a higher-end course with reflectors on all the pins, and I was able to get yardages with just a laser or two. I found getting the correct distance with the NX9 to be so much easier on this course than some others I play. Granted, I'm usually at the muni or a par 3 where technically a rangefinder isn't really needed. However, on a course with reflective pins the NX9 shined. 

I still accidentally turned off slope twice, however. Still an issue there.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

15 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

In fact, this was a higher-end course with reflectors on all the pins, and I was able to get yardages with just a laser or two. 

I still accidentally turned off slope twice, however. Still an issue there.

This is a big factor I think, must ask our club if they would consider doing this.

I turned slope ON accidentally, fortunately today was just a friendly.

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

This is a big factor I think, must ask our club if they would consider doing this.

I turned slope ON accidentally, fortunately today was just a friendly.

If they push back on the cost - send them this link = they're pretty inexpensive . https://www.rrproducts.com/C6591/Golf-Course/Green-Area/Flagstick-Accessories

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, Just figured I post an update here.  If anyone has any questions drop us a line in here and one of us will respond!

I cleaned out my bag as my "last" round of the year was last week.  Anything after this point is a bonus for me with the next few weekends booked up and the inevitable "frost delays" start blocking out my ideal starting tee times.

I took out the NX9 HD and fired it at a few things around the yard when I noticed something... the battery meter has finally dropped down one bar.  Based on when the testing started I would say the battery life should be good for most poeple for the entire season.  Some guys who play 2-3 times a week will likely need an spare in the bag (you should have one in there anyway) but I have no complaints about the battery life on these units.

As I look forward to next season I have no doubt the NX9 HD will be there with me.  It performs wonderfully and looks as good as new after this season's use! 

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Hey guys, Just figured I post an update here.  If anyone has any questions drop us a line in here and one of us will respond!

I cleaned out my bag as my "last" round of the year was last week.  Anything after this point is a bonus for me with the next few weekends booked up and the inevitable "frost delays" start blocking out my ideal starting tee times.

I took out the NX9 HD and fired it at a few things around the yard when I noticed something... the battery meter has finally dropped down one bar.  Based on when the testing started I would say the battery life should be good for most poeple for the entire season.  Some guys who play 2-3 times a week will likely need an spare in the bag (you should have one in there anyway) but I have no complaints about the battery life on these units.

As I look forward to next season I have no doubt the NX9 HD will be there with me.  It performs wonderfully and looks as good as new after this season's use! 

Great follow-up!

I found that my NX7 needed another battery this year; if you need a battery or just want a spare it is very easy to do and they come really quickly in the mail.

I got a spare just like @B.Boston suggested and it's in my bag in case I run out of juice on the course.

https://www.precisionprogolf.com/customer-care/battery-replacement-request/

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Got to go play today. My father-in-law was using my NX9 HD and i used my old Bushnell. The NX9 pulls distances so much faster and easier. Still loving it!

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

• STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Finally got around to writing my summary evaluation of the Precision Pro NX9 HD: go check it out!

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

56 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Finally got around to writing my summary evaluation of the Precision Pro NX9 HD: go check it out!

nice read MPR.  I guess we'll forgive you for the tardiness since the guys at HQ were literally throwing around your unit.  I would have been nervous as well! haha

I'm looking forward to using mine again this weekend.  We'll see where the battery is at, but I've got a spare ready to go.

NX7 Pro, or NX9 HD?

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

21 minutes ago, PMookie said:

NX7 Pro, or NX9 HD?

NX9 HD.

Full WITB with pictures

• 3 weeks later...

My nx9 appears to have cratered. Ordered a new battery but it won’t pick up distances any more, just sits blank. Took out the battery as a means of resetting it and nothing.

Sent a note to precision pro, will see where it nets out.

Had to go buy a new one today, would not believe how dependent I have become to it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

15 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

My nx9 appears to have cratered. Ordered a new battery but it won’t pick up distances any more, just sits blank. Took out the battery as a means of resetting it and nothing.

Had to go buy a new one today, would not believe how dependent I have become to it.

my father-in-law dropped his and heard some rattling. Precision Pro sent him a brand new one. Hope youre experience is as good as ours.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

17 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

My HD went bust - no data at all sent it back and had a replacement in less than a week. Great customer service. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I haven’t had any issues like that yet. I actually just had my first round where I couldn’t read the flag. It was in a moderate mist/light rain. Every other time I’ve gotten good readings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my father-in-law dropped his and heard some rattling. Precision Pro sent him a brand new one. Hope youre experience is as good as ours.

I had not dropped mine but funny enough their is rattling coming from inside it.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Well unfortunately this did not go that well, was told I had to pay to ship back as I am from Canada , and really no certainty I’d get a new one back. I argued a bit and they agreed to pay for shipping but I’m somewhat stubborn and decided that the whole uncertainty aspect regarding repairs was a negative. I went shopping already for a new one.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I used mine for the first time this season this past weekend and I still had a full battery. It worked flawlessly, my son and I both used it with ease. 

• 3 weeks later...

Had a little fun with the NX9 at the range tonight. My son was aiming at a mound of dirt and wanted to know the distance. He started lasering the yardage markers and discovered a few things. The 50 and 100 yard markers were 3-4 yards further, the 150 marker was dead on, the 200 yard marker was 10 yards short, and the 275 yard marker was at 239! 

Rangefinders - use 'em at the range too in order to check and see if the signs are legit, heck it's right in the name! 

8 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Had a little fun with the NX9 at the range tonight. My son was aiming at a mound of dirt and wanted to know the distance. He started lasering the yardage markers and discovered a few things. The 50 and 100 yard markers were 3-4 yards further, the 150 marker was dead on, the 200 yard marker was 10 yards short, and the 275 yard marker was at 239! 

Rangefinders - use 'em at the range too in order to check and see if the signs are legit, heck it's right in the name! 

I ALWAYS do this at the range haha.  It’s amazing some of the distances they come up with.  But I also get it’s hard when you have a wide area of tees.  

My uncle own’s a range and they just have flags out on the range and they put a chart in each hitting bay with approximate yardages to each one there.  It’s still not perfect but its within 5 yards.

I always do this at a natural grass range too. They slide the hitting areas forward and back to promote grass growth in worn areas which then changes up the flag distances

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• 2 weeks later...

So this last page here has been kind of a downer, as several people have reported issues with their NX9s and had to contact @PrecisionProGolf for repairs or replacement.

I have to add myself to that list. A couple weeks back, I pulled out my NX9 on a hole, shot the flag—and nothing happened. The screen was on, the battery indicator was full, but no matter how many times I hit the button or tried changing modes, it wouldn't report a yardage. (This was after it worked earlier in the round, with no drops or anything in between.) And like several others here, there was now a rattle in the device itself if shaken gently.

So I got in touch with Precision Pro for two reasons: one, because I needed my own NX9 to be fixed, and two, because I wanted to find out if our experiences here were common or a coincidence of small sample size.

Like the other US users, I found Precision Pro very willing to cover the shipping for my return and to get my rangefinder back to me. I sent it out on June 22; I got a tracking number for the one coming back my way on June 30. That's good stuff.

On the other question: a representative of PP confirmed that the part coming loose internally was an issue with the earliest batch of NX9s (if I recall correctly, we got ours almost before they went on sale). He says that that defect has been fixed.

So I'm still happy with my original review: this is a great rangefinder, and Precision Pro seems to be a company that is willing to stand behind their products. Looking forward to getting mine back in hand and on the course!

Full WITB with pictures