Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Precision Pro NX9 HD Rangefinder

Our Sponsors

15 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

In fact, this was a higher-end course with reflectors on all the pins, and I was able to get yardages with just a laser or two. 

I still accidentally turned off slope twice, however. Still an issue there.

This is a big factor I think, must ask our club if they would consider doing this.

I turned slope ON accidentally, fortunately today was just a friendly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

This is a big factor I think, must ask our club if they would consider doing this.

I turned slope ON accidentally, fortunately today was just a friendly.

If they push back on the cost - send them this link = they're pretty inexpensive . https://www.rrproducts.com/C6591/Golf-Course/Green-Area/Flagstick-Accessories

• Like 1

Hey guys, Just figured I post an update here.  If anyone has any questions drop us a line in here and one of us will respond!

I cleaned out my bag as my "last" round of the year was last week.  Anything after this point is a bonus for me with the next few weekends booked up and the inevitable "frost delays" start blocking out my ideal starting tee times.

I took out the NX9 HD and fired it at a few things around the yard when I noticed something... the battery meter has finally dropped down one bar.  Based on when the testing started I would say the battery life should be good for most poeple for the entire season.  Some guys who play 2-3 times a week will likely need an spare in the bag (you should have one in there anyway) but I have no complaints about the battery life on these units.

As I look forward to next season I have no doubt the NX9 HD will be there with me.  It performs wonderfully and looks as good as new after this season's use! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Hey guys, Just figured I post an update here.  If anyone has any questions drop us a line in here and one of us will respond!

I cleaned out my bag as my "last" round of the year was last week.  Anything after this point is a bonus for me with the next few weekends booked up and the inevitable "frost delays" start blocking out my ideal starting tee times.

I took out the NX9 HD and fired it at a few things around the yard when I noticed something... the battery meter has finally dropped down one bar.  Based on when the testing started I would say the battery life should be good for most poeple for the entire season.  Some guys who play 2-3 times a week will likely need an spare in the bag (you should have one in there anyway) but I have no complaints about the battery life on these units.

As I look forward to next season I have no doubt the NX9 HD will be there with me.  It performs wonderfully and looks as good as new after this season's use! 

Great follow-up!

I found that my NX7 needed another battery this year; if you need a battery or just want a spare it is very easy to do and they come really quickly in the mail.

I got a spare just like @B.Boston suggested and it's in my bag in case I run out of juice on the course.

https://www.precisionprogolf.com/customer-care/battery-replacement-request/

• Like 3

Got to go play today. My father-in-law was using my NX9 HD and i used my old Bushnell. The NX9 pulls distances so much faster and easier. Still loving it!

• Like 3

Finally got around to writing my summary evaluation of the Precision Pro NX9 HD: go check it out!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Finally got around to writing my summary evaluation of the Precision Pro NX9 HD: go check it out!

nice read MPR.  I guess we'll forgive you for the tardiness since the guys at HQ were literally throwing around your unit.  I would have been nervous as well! haha

I'm looking forward to using mine again this weekend.  We'll see where the battery is at, but I've got a spare ready to go.

• Haha 1

NX7 Pro, or NX9 HD?
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, PMookie said:

NX7 Pro, or NX9 HD?

NX9 HD.

• Like 2

My nx9 appears to have cratered. Ordered a new battery but it won’t pick up distances any more, just sits blank. Took out the battery as a means of resetting it and nothing.

Sent a note to precision pro, will see where it nets out.

Had to go buy a new one today, would not believe how dependent I have become to it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

My nx9 appears to have cratered. Ordered a new battery but it won’t pick up distances any more, just sits blank. Took out the battery as a means of resetting it and nothing.

Had to go buy a new one today, would not believe how dependent I have become to it.

my father-in-law dropped his and heard some rattling. Precision Pro sent him a brand new one. Hope youre experience is as good as ours.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

My HD went bust - no data at all sent it back and had a replacement in less than a week. Great customer service. 

• Like 2

I haven’t had any issues like that yet. I actually just had my first round where I couldn’t read the flag. It was in a moderate mist/light rain. Every other time I’ve gotten good readings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk