TESTERS WANTED! ×

The club you cant remove from the bag?

Tour Edge CBProS 50* wedge - dialed in, high,low, confident with any shot from 85 to 100 yards with this club.

Tour Edge EXS KBS Max 80

Tour Edge C722 3H, 5H Ventus Blue 7-R (great stock shaft)

Callaway Epic Speed 16.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60

Ping G400 UST Helium Proto 5f4

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/29/2019 at 10:24 AM, tigerpill said:

It's definitely my Taylormade RAC Sand Wedge. I try to buy a new sand wedge, but it never pushes this one out. Old and beat up! PERFECT!

quality club, after 17 years I've still got mine!

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

Ping EYE 2 lob wedge 60*. Had it 10 years and it's a bit worn down but it's the club I can always count on.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I've got a Scotty Squareback in my bag (the original one that is more than 10 years old). I actually picked it up this year, so I am not the original owner, but I thought that a high MOI mallet would for sure be better for me. However, the Scotty keeps coming back in the bag. My putting was on fire today (for a high handicapper). Nailed a couple of 15 foot plus putts, distance control was pretty good on lag putting.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• Guests
Guest Delete

I buy pretty much all my gear used. I started golfing just under 3 years ago with a set I bought on Craigslist that were garbage. Within a month my coworker gave me his old set.

To this day, I still game the first real club I purchased for $89 on the used rack. It is a Taylormade SLDR S 5w, with the Fujikura Speeder 65g shaft and Golf Pride CP2 Midsize grip. This is my go-to club when the driver is acting up. 

When I was really new, my average score was double and triple bogey+ playing to scores from 110-120 at a par 67 course. Everything changed when I whittled my bag down to 8 clubs - 5w, 5h, 7-P, S, and putter. I was hitting that 5w about 200 consistently. And it kept the ball in play. My course management was tight and my scores dropped to the mid 90s in 3 weeks. I currently play a full bag and play to a 14.7 hdcp.

The 5w is also the second shot on a par 5 to 4 ft for my only eagle on a par 5 to date. Everytime I pull that club out of the bag I actually say out loud that this is my favorite club in the bag. 

My SLDR driver stayed with me for 6 years before it was replaced by a Rogue Sub Zero but, long and in the bushes didn't work for me. Went back to the SLDR until a TS2 replaced it recently. 

Driver: image.jpeg.34eaee8382f091fe0a3c22d07a128f3d.jpeg TS2 10.5* A-1 Tensai AV 55 Stiff

3 Wood: image.jpeg.e516c276ea3badda924b599efc74dc44.jpeg Epic BB Sub Zero Fujikura Pro 62 Stiff

Driving Iron: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 UDI Project X, Hzrdus 85g

Irons: image.jpeg.b7214da2fa3cda117f55d5a1eca9bfdc.jpeg 0211 4-PW Elevate 95 Stiff

Wedges: image.jpeg.eefc27879a3aeb4584a2da0c9fc3cc61.jpeg RTX 4. 50, 56, 60 degrees

Putter: image.jpeg.5f24b023b8db3d017291f4cd9e670f90.jpeg Huntington Beach 11 

Ball: image.jpeg.4ebe90b87a3ca1ef4804bec7677e8df7.jpeg  Chrome Soft Truvis

I've got  a 2013 Adams Tight Lies 16 degree fairway wood that just works. Consistently 225 yards. Might not be very far, but I can always count on it.

TaylorMade M5 driver, M2 3 wood

Mizuno JPX921 blend - Hot Metal Pro 4-6, Forged 7-PW

Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges - 48, 52, 58

Scotty Cameron Squareback putter

On 7/15/2019 at 5:39 PM, PlaidJacket said:

It was my 5 year old 2014 model SLDR. I tried a few times to find something newer and better, longer, etc. but I couldn't. And quite frankly I was perfectly happy with the SLDR. It was an accurate Fairway finding machine. I was actually so scared that something might happen to my SLDR I purchased another one to keep in reserve. Then... I became intrigued with the Exotics EXS. All the latest tech. Check. Good looks. Check. Price. Check check. I thought again why not. At $299 for everything you might normally pay close to $500 how could I lose? Aside from a change of shaft and a few rounds getting comfortable - the EXS is in the bag to stay. Hopefully for another 5 year run.

I still have the SLDR 3wood and 5 wood in the bag.  Haven't hit anything better. (So far)

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I got rid of it this year, but I played my Olimar TriMetal 5 Wood since 2000 and an old cleveland DIADIC 53 wedge. The Olimar was my favorite in terms of consistency, but the numbers don't match up anymore. 

M5 Taylormade w/Hazrds Yellow (small batch)

Ping G410 Hybrid w/Evenflow protoype

Taylormade 4-PW P-750 w/C-Taper Lite 

Taylormade HiToe 50, 54, 60 w/project-x 

Scotty Squareback or Spyder X 

For me it is a 19* Adams Idea Super Hybrid.  I have bought 2 others since but keep putting the Adams back in the bag even though it is pretty beat up.  It just suits my eye at address.

I have a 19 & 25 degree they are my go to clubs

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

taylormade rescue 3 hybrid ... The club has pulled of more miracles than a saint

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

My PW, so versatile for me when I am not in the middle of the fairway. Saved me many times 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

For me it has got to be my old Cleveland 56* old and rusty and the sole is nearly worn out in fact had to regroove it the other day. I have quite a few 588 56* but none hit like that oldie

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 5/25/2020 at 11:39 AM, YYCRed said:

I've got  a 2013 Adams Tight Lies 16 degree fairway wood that just works. Consistently 225 yards. Might not be very far, but I can always count on it.

I carry the same wood myself--- I hit mine about 220 at sea level---- I also have the matching 5 wood but do not hit it good all the time. Recently I went back in the shop and found an even older Adams 18* 5 wood. It is one of those GT Tight lies from around 05 or so. One ugly SOB but I hit it good. I call it the ugly duckling

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

My ancient, hand me down, slightly bent shafted, Titleist 913 21 degree Hybrid. It is irreplaceable. A playing partner just handed it to me one day. It’s ugly, beat up and an outright monster. I don’t understand it, but this club is just amazing. One day it will go, but Until it just disintegrates, I will use it.