Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Aerotech fc Steelfiber shafts

I have been playing since I was 10 (just turned 64) but I have been out of the game with some injuries and such for about 10 years..played Titleist DCI graphite stiff shafts for many years...buying some new cubs and looking at the Aerotech fc shafts..None of the shops and fitters where I live have any to hit...does anyone have much experience with these...I'm assuming my swing speeds have slowed over the last years out of the game...a limited fitting showed my swing speeds around 95 but I have no idea what it was before...been to the range and am still hitting my 7 iron about 16o yds...any input would be appreciated mucho!

Welcome - great first post!

I'm in your age bracket and game Aerotech Volants which are their lightest shafts - We have a couple of other guys who are very regular here who game Aerotechs as well.  My guess is that if you had graphite's in your DCI's you are going to want to look at the 85 gram and in R flex (those shafts tend to run strong and a 95 MPH driver swing speed is a tweener for SS). 

Hopefully PlaidJacket weighs in as that is exactly what he games.

Best of luck - let us know what you decide on and how it works out!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Same age as you. Have severe arthritis in hands. Could not complete a round due to hand pain. Went for a fitting 5 years ago and hit a lot of shafts. Clear winner was Aerotech Steelfibres i95 in stiff. Gave me the reduced vibration I needed with the feel of steel. Can play now without hand pain, accuracy is much improved and index is half of what it was. My SS for 6 iron is upper 80s. Will play these shafts as long as they are made

“Golf does not build character, it reveals it”

• Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Diamana D+ 60 stiff
  • Fairway: Titleist 913F Diamana D+82 stiff
  • Hybrid: Titleist 913H Diamana D+92 stiff
  • Irons: Titleist AP1 714 Aerotech i95 stiff
  • Wedges: Volkey SM5 50*55*60* True Temper S300
  • Putter: Tour X
  • Ball: Snell MTB