Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

CAPE BRETON HIGHLANDS (LINKS)

I just got back from golfing three rounds at the Cape Breton Highlands (Links) in Nova Scotia, Canada - "Links" is in brackets because they have changed the name as it's not actually a real links course but was called that since 1941 when it opened. It was designed by Canada's best arcitech Stanley Thompson. It is knows as his "Ocean and Mountains" course. The front nine starts right beside the Atlantic and then vears off into the Cape Breton Highlands after hole 6. From 7-15 you feel as if you are just gone from civilization. 

The course is beautiful and tough, especially when the winds blow off the Atlantic. It plays only 6600 yards from the tips but the slope is 141 so it's no pushover for long hitters. Every lie is different and you'll have almost none that are flat. The greens are small and the layout is just a challenge from the first hole to the last. 

Course conditions were 8/10 (the course had fallen off but new management has done a very good job) and is currently ranked 87th in the world. Incredible view after incredible view, if you are going to be going to Cabot, take a few extra days to play The Highlands. You won't regret it!

Replay-ability -  10/10

Conditions - 8/10

Staff - 8/10

Design - 9/10

Setting - 10/10

Overall 9/10

Oh and the breakfast sandwich was bought at the perrywinkle cafe, if you are in  that area, it's a must stop. 

Links 1.jpg

links 5.jpg

links 4.jpg

links 2.jpg

links 3.jpg

:titelist-small: TS2 - 9.0 

Callaway Rouge Max LS

:titelist-small: Ts2 - 3 Wood

:titelist-small: TS2 - 7 Wood

:titelist-small: AP1 716 - 6i - Wedge

:titelist-small: Vokey Wedges

Clevland Huntington Beach 1 Putter

• 1 month later...

Did you stay at the lodge?

When I was in 6th grade, I accompanied my grandparents on a trip to Cape Breton Island, which included a night's stay at Keltic Lodge (and playing/walking a round at Highland Links with my grandpa). The food was delicious, and the experience was one I will never forget, thanks for bringing it up again.

I don't remember a lot about the course, but it was fun and a great walk. Glad you enjoyed it, a definite addition to a Cabot trip (even though it's on the other side of the island).

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

On 8/25/2019 at 8:25 PM, newballcoach said:

Did you stay at the lodge?

When I was in 6th grade, I accompanied my grandparents on a trip to Cape Breton Island, which included a night's stay at Keltic Lodge (and playing/walking a round at Highland Links with my grandpa). The food was delicious, and the experience was one I will never forget, thanks for bringing it up again.

I don't remember a lot about the course, but it was fun and a great walk. Glad you enjoyed it, a definite addition to a Cabot trip (even though it's on the other side of the island).

Hi,

We didn't stay at the lodge but we did eat there. Great food and the view is spectacular. Just an uncredible course too!

:titelist-small: TS2 - 9.0 

Callaway Rouge Max LS

:titelist-small: Ts2 - 3 Wood

:titelist-small: TS2 - 7 Wood

:titelist-small: AP1 716 - 6i - Wedge

:titelist-small: Vokey Wedges

Clevland Huntington Beach 1 Putter

• 1 year later...