Jump to content
Undershooter

Official 2019 MyGolfSpy Fantasy Football League

GolfSpy STUDque

FCD6E517-A2AF-4240-A01D-77B2F1010AC2.jpeg

 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

29 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Any body else notice that Wedgie’s entire bench is QB’s?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I noticed about 5 minutes after the draft. He also took Randall Cobb in the 2nd round. I don't have a clue what was going on with all that, but that's not who he would've ended up with if he had left it on autodraft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ha!  the anti-late QB strategy...
 
OTOH I did notice that you have 2 defenses and a starting WR who had ankle surgery and isn't playing the first 2 weeks....

Technically Green missing the first 2 weeks hasn’t been confirmed but is probably what will happen.
I also always like to have a backup at every position except kicker mainly because I don’t like scrambling for someone last minute. I did miss not having a 6th and 7th round pick more than I expected. Probably cost me a better backup WR for Green but if he only misses 2 weeks no harm done IMO.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s amazing what a difference a year makes! Draft went smoothly ! Kudos to our three commissioners and to fantrax


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shankster said:

How the heck do I get to the desktop site from my phone?!

I had this problem last night!!  I just finished a 9-hole tournament and it took longer than it should had, so I was logged in at the clubhouse.  It took me forever to realize the "menu" was on the bottom instead of the top.  After the first few picks, I moved to the car and eventually got kicked out of the parking lot with 1 pick left lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bardle said:

I assume you're talking about Cam? I had all kinds of alerts this morning. X-rays negative, not considered a serious injury..etc.. The boot is probably just a precaution until they can run more tests today. 

Yeah...  I watched the replay a bunch I it didn't even look like he twisted or sprained his ankle so it is an odd injury.  I thought he got turf toe when he planted his foot.  Hopefully he's okay...he's a really dynamic player and is fun to watch.... dude has an attitude problem but he's quite the athlete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Any body else notice that Wedgie’s entire bench is QB’s?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yes, I noticed!  I set auto draft but it appears I wasn't very thorough.  I think I'll hold on to all 5 until one of you guys needs one.  Seriously I'm curious how I can drop a guy and pick one up?  Any help here is appreciated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:


Technically Green missing the first 2 weeks hasn’t been confirmed but is probably what will happen.
I also always like to have a backup at every position except kicker mainly because I don’t like scrambling for someone last minute. I did miss not having a 6th and 7th round pick more than I expected. Probably cost me a better backup WR for Green but if he only misses 2 weeks no harm done IMO.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The extra 6th and 7th really shored up my bench. The lack of the 4th rounder for me means I don't really have a solid WR1 though which sucks but that was my choice as I went RB the first 3 rounds. I feel like the trade ended up being pretty even. My sit / starts every week are going to be a painful exercise though for my WR corp. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Yeah...  I watched the replay a bunch I it didn't even look like he twisted or sprained his ankle so it is an odd injury.  I thought he got turf toe when he planted his foot.  Hopefully he's okay...he's a really dynamic player and is fun to watch.... dude has an attitude problem but he's quite the athlete.

Need a QB?  I've stockpiled them!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Need a QB?  I've stockpiled them!

Not any of those guys!   whew....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Yes, I noticed!  I set auto draft but it appears I wasn't very thorough.  I think I'll hold on to all 5 until one of you guys needs one.  Seriously I'm curious how I can drop a guy and pick one up?  Any help here is appreciated.

 

Hey @Undershooter @GolfSpy STUDque @Berg Ryman --- are there any drop/adds allowed before the first game?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone in my division... the webpage showed 14 seconds left on my 3rd pick, and when I clicked on the guy I wanted, it said it wasnt my turn, and had auto drafted back to back QBs for me.

Yay.

I have like 8 WRs, none of which are projected to be useful. RIP me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Undershooter said:

Most definitely, but players are currently on waivers so you'll have to use the faab budget if you want to pick up someone atm.

until after Wednesday at 3pm EST when they become free agents - yes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Congrats to everyone in my division... the webpage showed 14 seconds left on my 3rd pick, and when I clicked on the guy I wanted, it said it wasnt my turn, and had auto drafted back to back QBs for me.

Yay.

I have like 8 WRs, none of which are projected to be useful. RIP me.

TBH the draft is only about the first 4 games.... if you pay attention and use your FAAB wisely and work some trades you can turn a bad draft into a winning squad relatively quickly.

Don't lose faith yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KurtActual said:

Congrats to everyone in my division... the webpage showed 14 seconds left on my 3rd pick, and when I clicked on the guy I wanted, it said it wasnt my turn, and had auto drafted back to back QBs for me.

Yay.

I have like 8 WRs, none of which are projected to be useful. RIP me.

Whatcha talkin about? Yours isn't a bad roster at all. Plus you can prolly unload one of those QBs for a WR 2 or something of that nature. At least your aren't rocking 6 QBs like poor Wedgie. I still don't have a clue what happened there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

until after Wednesday at 3pm EST when they become free agents - yes?

Yep. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

Whatcha talkin about? Yours isn't a bad roster at all. Plus you can prolly unload one of those QBs for a WR 2 or something of that nature. At least your aren't rocking 6 QBs like poor Wedgie. I still don't have a clue what happened there.

Don't feel bad for me.  High level strategy based on various metrics and analytics was my thought process.  That and auto draft are really the way to go in these things.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Don't feel bad for me.  High level strategy based on various metrics and analytics was my thought process.  That and auto draft are really the way to go in these things.

This is the response right here ladies and gentleman haha

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see that the drafts did well for everyone. Excited to get the season going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anybody in the Stud division isn’t happy with their draft hit me up. I’m happy with my draft, assuming Green doesn’t miss more than 2 weeks, but at the same time I do like making trades!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...