Undershooter

Official 2019 MyGolfSpy Fantasy Football League

Ah...gotcha...yeah, that would be good @Berg Ryman so we can see how many holes we have to fill.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Ah...gotcha...yeah, that would be good @Berg Ryman so we can see how many holes we have to fill.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem, just thinking about the tools in the commissioners suite and how we can use them to our advantage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bardle said:

Things I disagree with as far as how rules are currently setup and based on my preferences from other leagues. If they don't get changed or enacted then it's no big deal but I wanted to put out my thoughts before things get really going: 

- DST get 4 points for a win..no points should be awarded for wins

- Passing TDs should be 6 points, not 4. It's arguably harder to get a passing td than a rushing td, especially in the red zone. I don't understand why the points would be different.

- if an INT is -2. Then a Fumble should be -2 as well

- I personally think a sack should be 2 points instead of 1 as well.

All rules can be changed. We just need to vote on them as a league.

I actually thought that INT and fumbles were being scored the same. The fact they were different was preset from Fantrax if I had to guess.

I think we voted the D gets points via wins thing in last year but we can revote that. I'm fine with voting on sacks as well.

The passing touchdowns being worth 2 points less is mainly because it would make the QB position more valuable. Which is dangerous in a deeper league. I don't mind it leagues that are smaller than ours, but we start to run out of quality QBs with injuries, backups and buy weeks quickly in a 14 team division. On top of that, rushing TDs are much less common in today's NFL than passing TDs. The leader in rushing touchdowns vs passing was 17 vs 50. The 10th most rushing TDs vs passing is 9 vs 29. The 20th most is 6 vs 19. Rushing TDs just don't happen as frequently thanks to RB committees and increased usage of the passing game.

Of course, with all that said, of course we can vote on that too!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So I guess I'm back in. Might be good for the commissioners to take out those teams that definitely aren't coming back again this year so we can get an idea of how many open spots may be available.

We've been discussing who all to remove and will do so at some point today. I just haven't had time to get around to it because of work. I wanted to reactivate the league though so we could see about Fantrax waiving the fee.

I want in boys 🏈

3 yards and a cloud of dust, what the hell's going on around here, ice bowl on the frozen tundra 🏈

I've seen it all, I'll give a run for the title 🏈

Forgot to click the notify replies button.

Can count me out for this year, unless you need a fill in.

Don’t follow NFL enough to make sense of any of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Undershooter said:

All rules can be changed. We just need to vote on them as a league.

I actually thought that INT and fumbles were being scored the same. The fact they were different was preset from Fantrax if I had to guess.

I think we voted the D gets points via wins thing in last year but we can revote that. I'm fine with voting on sacks as well.

The passing touchdowns being worth 2 points less is mainly because it would make the QB position more valuable. Which is dangerous in a deeper league. I don't mind it leagues that are smaller than ours, but we start to run out of quality QBs with injuries, backups and buy weeks quickly in a 14 team division. On top of that, rushing TDs are much less common in today's NFL than passing TDs. The leader in rushing touchdowns vs passing was 17 vs 50. The 10th most rushing TDs vs passing is 9 vs 29. The 20th most is 6 vs 19. Rushing TDs just don't happen as frequently thanks to RB committees and increased usage of the passing game.

Of course, with all that said, of course we can vote on that too!

Fair point on the passing TDs. I didn't consider league depth. 

• Like 1

You already know I’m in! Made it through the first round of the playoffs last year so only place to go is up from there!

• Like 2

I'd like to be back...sent PM

• Like 1

I’m in.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bardle said:

Fair point on the passing TDs. I didn't consider league depth. 

We can still vote on it. That's just how I see it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Camcmart said:

You already know I’m in! Made it through the first round of the playoffs last year so only place to go is up from there!

I mean, you could not make the playoffs at all. 😉

• Haha 2

We're going to wait for the league to be finalized before putting the votes out there but I thought it would be helpful to start talking about the menu.  Here's some ideas we're kicking around for league vote:

• Schedule: 16 games (double on weeks 1-3, 12) or 24 (double every week)
    • Last year = 16
  • Playoff Eligibility: Top 6 records in each division or Top 5 records + highest points of the rest.  
    • Last year = Top 6 records in each division
  • Waiver Wire: FAAB or Reverse Standings? 
    • Last year = Rolling waivers (Commissioner-replaced)
  • Defense points for a win
    • Last year = 4 pts
  • Passing Touchdowns Value
    • Last year = 4 pts
  • Sack Value
    • Last year = 1pt
  • Offensive Fumble Value
    • Last year = 1 pt
  • Include Punters?   Points would be similar to K
    • Last year = No
  • Team Captains: Choose a player whose points will be worth 150% for the week.  Can only pick same player twice during season.  Discl: need to check with Fantrax for inclusion
    • Last year = No
  • Added Positions: Could be extra flex, TE, or blank (can be anything but QB)
    • Last year = No

Keep in mind the league size when considering your votes as scoring changes can have a deep impact on bigger leagues.  Due to player pool, there's basically a hard cap at 2 divisions of 14 teams for 28 total.  If we get bigger, it's gotta blow up to 40 total with 4 divisions of 10.

• Like 3

Regarding rules and points, I see that under "offense" a KO or Punt return = 6pts, also that defense/special teams = 6. So if Gurley runs a KO for TD, and I also have Rams D, does that mean I would get 6, 12, or 18pts (since it's a rushing TD too...)? 

I'll have to see how my other leagues handle D. One does a great job and I like their setup a lot, so I'll post points scheme soon. 

Regarding rules and points, I see that under "offense" a KO or Punt return = 6pts, also that defense/special teams = 6. So if Gurley runs a KO for TD, and I also have Rams D, does that mean I would get 6, 12, or 18pts (since it's a rushing TD too...)? 

I'll have to see how my other leagues handle D. One does a great job and I like their setup a lot, so I'll post points scheme soon. 

I believe you would get 6 points for Gurley and 6 points for the defense. It isn’t a rushing touchdown. Did we get points for the individual who got the KO or Punt return td last year?

I am all in on adding punters! #LetThemPunt

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

How do punters score ?

I’m interested if any spots open up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear god please let FA bidding become a thing... PLEASE. 

• Like 2