Undershooter

Official 2019 MyGolfSpy Fantasy Football League

10 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Oh dear god please let FA bidding become a thing... PLEASE. 

👆x1000000  .... in this day and age if you aren't using FAAB for free agents....SMH

If there is only one change we make -- only one -- this should be THE one...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

How do punters score ?

Depends on how we set it up. Most likely it'll be ranges for average yards, inside 20/10, negative for touchbacks and blocks

33 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I’m interested if any spots open up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send a PM with your email!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

• Schedule: 16 games (double on weeks 1-3, 12) or 24 (double every week)
    • Last year = 16

I hate putting emphasis on specific weeks...we should make it a solid 24

• Playoff Eligibility: Top 6 records in each division or Top 5 records + highest points of the rest.  
    • Last year = Top 6 records in each division

I think a team that scores a lot of points but gets unlucky should be rewarded, so I'd choose option 2

• Waiver Wire: FAAB or Reverse Standings? 
    • Last year = Rolling waivers (Commissioner-replaced)

FAAB ... all day every day and twice on Sunday

• Defense points for a win
    • Last year = 4 pts

No points for a win

• Passing Touchdowns Value
    • Last year = 4 pts

This should stay; rushing TD's are 6, passing are 4.

• Sack Value
    • Last year = 1pt

Keep it as is

• Offensive Fumble Value
    • Last year = 1 pt

I assume you mean -1 point since the offense shouldn't be rewarded for a fumble... I think this should stay the same

• Include Punters?   Points would be similar to K
    • Last year = No

Seriously??

• Team Captains: Choose a player whose points will be worth 150% for the week.  Can only pick same player twice during season.  Discl: need to check with Fantrax for inclusion
    • Last year = No

Interesting....this could be fun

• Added Positions: Could be extra flex, TE, or blank (can be anything but QB)
    • Last year = No

I don't see how we can do this with a 14 team league; it's already so diluted after everyone fills their roster that it would be really tough to add another position

5 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Waiver Wire: FAAB or Reverse Standings? 

• Last year = Rolling waivers (Commissioner-replaced)

FAAB  for me!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Regarding rules and points, I see that under "offense" a KO or Punt return = 6pts, also that defense/special teams = 6. So if Gurley runs a KO for TD, and I also have Rams D, does that mean I would get 6, 12, or 18pts (since it's a rushing TD too...)? 

I'll have to see how my other leagues handle D. One does a great job and I like their setup a lot, so I'll post points scheme soon. 

Found the other leagues scoring that my buddies and I liked a lot. See some differences below:

Offense

- Interceptions: -1, instead of -2

- 300+yd Passing bonus: 4pts

- 400+yd Passing bonus: 5pts (cumulative with 300yd bonus as well, so 9 extra pts)

- 40+yd TD Pass: 1pt

- 50+yd TD Pass: 2pt (again, cumulative bonus)

- Rushing Attempts: 0.1pt/attempt

- 40+yd Rushing TD: 1pt

- 50+yd Rushing TD: 2pt (cumulative with 40yd)

- 100+yd Rushing Bonus: 4pts

- 200+yd Rushing Bonus: 5pts (again, cumulative)

- 40+yd Receiving TD Bonus: 1pt

- 50+yd Receiving TD Bonus: 2pt (cumulative)

- 100+yd Receiving Bonus: 4pts

- 200+yd Receiving Bonus: 5pts

- Kickoff/Punt return yds: 0.1/yd

- Kickoff/Punt return TD: 10pts, because it's a lot harder!

- Fumble: -1pt

- Fumble LOST: -2pt

Kicking

- Missed PAT: -2pt

- Missed FG: -1pt

Defense

- PA Scheme: 0 = 20pts, 1-6=7pts, 7-13 = 4pts, 14-20 = 1pts, 21-27 = 0pts, 28-34 = -1pts, 35+ = -4pts

- Less than 100yds allowed bonus: 10pts

- Blocked kick/punt: 10pts

- Safeties: 5pts

- Fumble Recovered: 3pts

- Forced Fumble: 3pts (so if forced and D recovers, it would be 6pts total)

- Interceptions: 3pts

What we liked about this setup was the Bonuses for excellent performance as well as the ability to have your D score a LOT of points and be a pivotal part of the roster each week. Some weeks my D would score 40+pts and I could secure a win that week.  

• Sad 1

I'd love to participate if there's still room!

19 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

👆x1000000  .... in this day and age if you aren't using FAAB for free agents....SMH

If there is only one change we make -- only one -- this should be THE one...

Count me as one wanting to try this as well. 

15 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Found the other leagues scoring that my buddies and I liked a lot. See some differences below:

Offense

- 400+yd Passing bonus: 5pts (cumulative with 300yd bonus as well, so 9 extra pts)

Kicking

Defense

- PA Scheme: 0 = 20pts, 1-6=7pts, 7-13 = 4pts, 14-20 = 1pts, 21-27 = 0pts, 28-34 = -1pts, 35+ = -4pts

What we liked about this setup was the Bonuses for excellent performance as well as the ability to have your D score a LOT of points and be a pivotal part of the roster each week. Some weeks my D would score 40+pts and I could secure a win that week.  

I'm fundamentally opposed to giving bonuses because if your guy is balling out, he's already scoring a lot of points. Just seems like the rich getting richer to me and places more emphasis on your Superstars. In a league this deep, that could be bad.

On the other hand, I'm open to finding ways to make defense more impactful. 

15 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

I'd love to participate if there's still room!

We're still trying to gather the lay of the land but send that email!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Offense

Kicking

Defense

Fumbles are worth the same as interceptions even if they aren't lost? And if they are lost then they're gonna lose 2 more points making them 3 times worse than an interception? That doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I'm not much for bonus point for big plays or for certain yardage totals. It's hard enough to predict big days let alone big plays. And these guys are already having big days so why reward them more by tacking on to their big day.

This scoring format is great if you love chaos but I would be livid if I had a much better team and got beat in the playoffs because some rando caught a 90 yard td pass to hit a bonus and I had a bunch of decent players who just had solid days.

Edit: I do like rushing attempts as a scoring metric. That's an extremely underrated thing to predict in today's NFL. I debated doing half point per rush in another one of my PPR leagues this season.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

On the other hand, I'm open to finding ways to make defense more impactful. 

We're still trying to gather the lay of the land but send that email!

You and your damn punters and defensive scoring

go back to your shanties.gif

• Like 1

I'm in as well!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

Edit: I do like rushing attempts as a scoring metric. That's an extremely underrated thing to predict in today's NFL. I debated doing half point per rush in another one of my PPR leagues this season.

rushing attempts.... so if Adrian Peterson has 22 rushes for 36 yards he gets rewarded for that?  So you could be rewarding a team that wants to run a lot but has a crappy o-line?

Nah... no way.

I'd rather reward Nick Chubb when he has 3 rushes for 105 yards.  That is due to either a good o-line or a skilled runner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Undershooter said:

They don't. Vote no to punters 😎

Boo this man!!!

• Like 3

I think kickers should lose points for missing field goals and extra points. Every other position can lose points but them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I think kickers should lose points for missing field goals and extra points. Every other position can lose points but them.

I personally disagree with this. Kickers can have 0 but getting punished for your last or second to last round pick missing a 45 yard field goal seems like a bit much. They are an afterthought at best and in a deep league, going negative because you didn't get 1 of the top 6 kickers seems unfair. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I agree wholeheartedly and am surprised this wasn't in place last year.

If a position can score points a position should also lose points.  All of them.  Kickers included.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I agree wholeheartedly and am surprised this wasn't in place last year.

If a position can score points a position should also lose points.  All of them.  Kickers included.

Boo! I smell a poll coming. 

Also your statement feels a bit misleading. As if a RB or WR or QB can lose all of their points because of a fumble or interception. For the vast majority of positions, the potential to lose points as a % of the points they are capable of getting is incredibly small. Thats not really true for kickers if we go this route. 

If a kicker makes 3 XP's and misses a 46 yarder, he only gets 1 point for the game(1 pt per xp, -2 for 40+ yd miss)? or 0 points depending on the settings. I mean come on...in a 14 team league you are having people punished for being a late pick in the 14th round of the draft..?

I'm not against this idea btw. I have always done it in my other leagues but those are 10 team leagues where you can grab another mildly decent kicker if your kicker gets injured or doesn't perform like they should, but at 14 teams and FAAB its gonna get weird to have to potentially waste budget on a kicker early in the season. 

12 minutes ago, bardle said:

Boo! I smell a poll coming. 

Also your statement feels a bit misleading. As if a RB or WR or QB can lose all of their points because of a fumble or interception. For the vast majority of positions, the potential to lose points as a % of the points they are capable of getting is incredibly small. Thats not really true for kickers if we go this route. 

If a kicker makes 3 XP's and misses a 46 yarder, he only gets 1 point for the game(1 pt per xp, -2 for 40+ yd miss)? or 0 points depending on the settings. I mean come on...in a 14 team league you are having people punished for being a late pick in the 14th round of the draft..?

I'm not against this idea btw. I have always done it in my other leagues but those are 10 team leagues where you can grab another mildly decent kicker if your kicker gets injured or doesn't perform like they should, but at 14 teams and FAAB its gonna get weird to have to potentially waste budget on a kicker early in the season. 

I respect your opinion and look forward to hearing what the other league members think.

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I respect your opinion and look forward to hearing what the other league members think.

Are you secretly a politician? 😜

• Haha 1