Undershooter

Official 2019 MyGolfSpy Fantasy Football League

GolfSpy STUDque

FCD6E517-A2AF-4240-A01D-77B2F1010AC2.jpeg

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

Ok, in an attempt to bring some light as to this last page of conversation, I've volunteered to peel back the curtain on what it is we as commissioners do, how these trades are processed, and the workings into the specifics of the above referenced deal.
First, as you can probably guess, [mention=73629]GolfSpy STUDque[/mention], [mention=27071]Undershooter[/mention] and myself have a long running Twitter DM thread to discuss the league, happenings, adjustments we can make and yes, discuss our teams and potential trades. Sometimes we express interest and wonderment in the amount of FAAB dollars spent on certain players, sometimes we discuss our own start/sit dilemmas, sometimes we share the dopest of memes. But mostly, we're discussing either how to improve the league experience or discussing trades.
Now, the reason the trade systems works as it does it actually a pretty simple explanation. We're all adults here, if we agree to make a trade, my belief is that it should be evaluated, but ultimately, we shouldn't stand in the way of your agreement happening. Take it from an attorney who works in negotiating settlements for custody on a daily basis. If the parties agree, the parties agree and the court, or in our case, the commissioners, shouldn't get in the way of that agreement. 
But let's go deeper, because of something that was said:
 First, let me explain the logical fallacy on display here, just to prove a point. This trade was approved by all three commissioners, because Undershooter agreed to it by approving the trade with Goaliewales through the trade network. But, to place concerns at rest, I can tell you for absolute fact that Undershooter did not approve of this trade through the Fantrax system, I did. The reason for that is simple,. To eliminate bias and concern, in our Twitter thread when a trade involving one of the commissioners takes place, that commissioner is required to ask one of the other commissioners to approve the trade in Fantrax to eliminate the aspect of self-dealing people are discussing here. So any trade involving me is approved by either Stud or US, any trade involving Undershooter is approved by myself or Stud, and any trade involving Stud is approved by either myself or US. All other trades are open to acceptance for whomever is online at the time.
Lastly, let's discuss the specifics of the trade in question. What I can tell you is that Goaliewales and Undershooter each made lists as to who they valued on each other's rosters and began structuring a deal around those wants. Now, you can argue the value of these ratings and how they jive with your evaluation or expert evaluations of players and their abilities, but Goaliewales got the players he desired to obtain from Undershooter and was willing to trade a disappointing WR who has high end WR1 capabilities to do it. He felt the need to try and make a move to improve his position at 3-7 and I'm not going to fault him for that. Fortune favors the bold and if he's right in his assessments of talent, he's got guys who may be able to turn his season around instead of relying on a guy who hasn't delivered for him and an injured Drew Brees. 
So, that's the first and last word on this from the commissioners of the league. I wish everyone good luck in week 6, may your touchdowns be plenty!

You shouldn’t need to explain yourself like this but it’s much appreciated that you guys always do. Thank you!
  • Like 5

Zoinks!  Is that a ghost?  👻 Check out our review thread for the N.S. Pro Modus3 Hybrid G.O.S.T. shaft.

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7 X flex
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2

Just now, Bucky CC said:

You shouldn’t need to explain yourself like this but it’s much appreciated that you guys always do. Thank you!

Thanks Bucky, we actually had a discussion as to whether or not to respond, but since things got heated I figured, I can thread this needle, so we'll do it, put it in the past and much like a certain hoodie wearing jerk in New England, declare we're onto week 6.

• Like 4

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge:  CB4 Tour 16.5*, Aldila RIP 70-S

:cobra-small: F7 ONE 5-S, UST Recoil 680 F4 in 5 iron, KBS Tour R+ in rest

:cobra-small: KING ONE 60*, KBS Tour FLT 

:nickent-small: Pipe

:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour... For now

:CaddyTek: Caddylite 15.3 V1

Go Orange!

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Thanks Bucky, we actually had a discussion as to whether or not to respond, but since things got heated I figured, I can thread this needle, so we'll do it, put it in the past and much like a certain hoodie wearing jerk in New England, declare we're onto week 6.

what ???  I guess the Commish is showing his bias against a particular team vs maintaining independence.  that's some league jurisprudence. ha.
Belichick has won eight Super Bowl titles in total from his combined time as an assistant and head coach. Belichick is the NFL's longest-tenured active head coach, as well as first all-time in playoff coaching wins with 31; no team in the NFL has a winning record against the Belichick coached Patriots...not any of the 31 other teams.... if that type of success makes you a jerk then I wish people would call me a jerk.

BTW - I don't agree with vetoing and am happy it isn't an option.  I think it's the job of the commish to step in if he sees obvious collusion or the fact that an experienced player is taking advantage of an inexperienced one....things I've seen in other leagues.

• Like 2

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
TBD...
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

what ???  I guess the Commish is showing his bias against a particular team vs maintaining independence.  that's some league jurisprudence. ha.
Belichick has won eight Super Bowl titles in total from his combined time as an assistant and head coach. Belichick is the NFL's longest-tenured active head coach, as well as the first all-time in playoff coaching wins with 31; no team in the NFL has a winning record against the Belichick coached Patriots...not any of the 31 other teams.... if that makes you a jerk then I wish people would call me a jerk.

BTW - I don't agree with vetoing and am happy it isn't an option.  I think it's the job of the commish to step in if he sees obvious collusion or the fact that an experienced player is taking advantage of an inexperienced one....things I've seen in other leagues.

Now Stoker, admit he's a surely man who can come across as a jerk, and that's part of why the fan-base loves him, and I'll rescind my statement 😉

• Haha 2

Go Orange!

Go Patriots!
Welcome to Boston Losahhh!
City of Champs.
Tom Brady is my cousins wife’s eighth bests friends uncles son cousin twice removed friend.

IMG_6867.JPG

Wait, where’s my dunkin? Gotta go bro. Just had to defend my turf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

Go Patriots!
Welcome to Boston Losahhh!
City of Champs.
Tom Brady is my cousins wife’s eighth bests friends uncles son cousin twice removed friend.

IMG_6867.JPG

Wait, where’s my dunkin? Gotta go bro. Just had to defend my turf.

fav mag cover evah....
wicked awesome, tahmmy....

Image result for welcome to boston loozah

• Like 2

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
TBD...
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

fav mag cover evah....
wicked awesome, tahmmy....

4e7a5bb1ecad04e82b000012?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

The director of our group actually has that cover framed in his office.

I felt like I NEEDED to post something with a user name with Boston in it.

• Haha 1

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

Paging @GolfSpy STUDque @Undershooter @Berg Ryman We have a trade we would like pushed through before the game tonight please!

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Paging [mention=73629]GolfSpy STUDque[/mention] [mention=27071]Undershooter[/mention] [mention=55883]Berg Ryman[/mention] We have a trade we would like pushed through before the game tonight please!

Second this

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

13 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Paging @GolfSpy STUDque @Undershooter @Berg Ryman We have a trade we would like pushed through before the game tonight please!

11 minutes ago, Camcmart said:

Second this

Done! DM me next time if it's time sensitive, so I'll get an email. 

Edit: it's pure luck i saw this when I did bc i was responding to someone else's dm haha 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Done! DM me next time if it's time sensitive, so I'll get an email. 
Edit: it's pure luck i saw this when I did bc i was responding to someone else's dm haha 

Will do. If Edelman goes off for 30 I may be wishing you didn’t see it! Lol

• Like 2

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Oh yeah I almost forgot. I like trades and I have both Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes. Anybody wanna deal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@00sportsman I didn't watch the game, but was feeling pretty good about Edelman's game until I saw 39 points out of your defense. No wonder you're 10-0...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

2 hours ago, Undershooter said:

@00sportsman I didn't watch the game, but was feeling pretty good about Edelman's game until I saw 39 points out of your defense. No wonder you're 10-0...

giphy.gif

It's interesting you mention this, The Ringer just posted a piece about how the Pats D is breaking Fantasy Sports. You can read it, right... here

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Go Orange!

3 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

It's interesting you mention this, The Ringer just posted a piece about how the Pats D is breaking Fantasy Sports. You can read it, right... here

It's not really sustainable, although it is extremely impressive so far. It also doesn't hurt that their schedule/ division is 💩

BNG out here wheeling and dealing haha does he have anyone he originally drafted??

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

BNG out here wheeling and dealing haha does he have anyone he originally drafted??

Yeah I still have Minnesota’s Defense! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[mention=76176]00sportsman[/mention] I didn't watch the game, but was feeling pretty good about Edelman's game until I saw 39 points out of your defense. No wonder you're 10-0...
giphy.gif

Our cross-division matchup should give him a good run for his money! We both got Pats D and Michael Thomas!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Our cross-division matchup should give him a good run for his money! We both got Pats D and Michael Thomas!

Someone’s gotta do it. One Time!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Alright gentlemen, I’m looking to do one more trade this week. Looking for a WR or TE or Both. Hit me with some offers

• Like 1