Jump to content
Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FCD6E517-A2AF-4240-A01D-77B2F1010AC2.jpeg

 

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Ok, so to recap:

Bonuses: 👎

Punters: 🤷‍♂️

Defensive Scoring Changes: 👍

Rushing Attempt Score: 0.25/attempt 👍

FAAB: 👍👍

FG Miss Neg Points: -1 inside 40 (incl PAT), -0.5 40-49, no penalty over 50+yds👍

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon 3 Wood

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to FAAB for Dummies, I’m your fearless leader @Berg Ryman, getting ready to lead you on a fun filled, hopefully informative journey through the FAAB wilderness. I know it looks intimidating to

FINAL PRE-DRAFT NOTES AND TIPS Hey everyone, it's your old pal @Berg Ryman here to leave you with some important notes and strats as we are now 36 hours away from draft night in America... or whe

Here you go with the Divisions and Drafts Picks:   Patience Pays. The end of the video has a summary if you forgot who's in your division. Just like last year, pick trading is turn

Posted Images

I'd like to chime in with my two cents on some of the proposed rules. 

Bonuses: I'm fine with them if it's a bonus for an extraordinary performance. If the threshold is 100 yards rushing or 300 yards passing, I'm not a fan. 

Punters: The hardest of hard passes on including punters. I've been in a league that included them before. I did not enjoy it. I put them on the same level as including head coaches or nonsense like that. It's 100% unnecessary. 

Defensive scoring: The only thing I caught was a mention of IDP, and yeah, hard pass on that too. Admittedly I need to go back over a few more posts to read the specifics, but if the D/ST scoring is somewhat traditional I'm onboard with it. 

Rushing attempts: I've gotta admit, I'm lukewarm on this one, but am definitely not opposed to it. The point about there not being many bellcow backs these days is well taken, which is why I think it could work. It's entirely dependent on the point value, though and I think .25 is a bit high to be honest. 

FAAB: Definitely makes the WW more lively and I'm a fan of watching people blow their budgets week to week 🤣

Kickers: I am 100% against not including kickers and I think they can be vital members of teams regardless of whether you drafted one or picked one up off the WW. I also tend to agree with a scoring structure that doesn't penalize missed kicks the same. I've been in leagues where kickers were hammered for missing short kicks and lightly penalized for longer kicks. I think the sweet spot is somewhere in between, but I'm sure the commishes will figure it out 😃

  • Like 2

Ping G410 LST 9º | Tensei CK Orange 60 X
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 19º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Srixon Z785 5-PW | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50, 54, 60 (Mid) | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B X

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

I'd like to chime in with my two cents on some of the proposed rules. 

Bonuses: I'm fine with them if it's a bonus for an extraordinary performance. If the threshold is 100 yards rushing or 300 yards passing, I'm not a fan. 

Punters: The hardest of hard passes on including punters. I've been in a league that included them before. I did not enjoy it. I put them on the same level as including head coaches or nonsense like that. It's 100% unnecessary. 

Defensive scoring: The only thing I caught was a mention of IDP, and yeah, hard pass on that too. Admittedly I need to go back over a few more posts to read the specifics, but if the D/ST scoring is somewhat traditional I'm onboard with it. 

Rushing attempts: I've gotta admit, I'm lukewarm on this one, but am definitely not opposed to it. The point about there not being many bellcow backs these days is well taken, which is why I think it could work. It's entirely dependent on the point value, though and I think .25 is a bit high to be honest. 

FAAB: Definitely makes the WW more lively and I'm a fan of watching people blow their budgets week to week 🤣

Kickers: I am 100% against not including kickers and I think they can be vital members of teams regardless of whether you drafted one or picked one up off the WW. I also tend to agree with a scoring structure that doesn't penalize missed kicks the same. I've been in leagues where kickers were hammered for missing short kicks and lightly penalized for longer kicks. I think the sweet spot is somewhere in between, but I'm sure the commishes will figure it out 😃

.2 points per carry would give 20 carries 4 extra points. .25 would give 20 carries 5 points which is the same thing as 5 catches in a PPR. I might lean slightly toward .2 over .25 but I definitely think there's merit for it to be included in a PPR league. Especially a deep one such as ours where it's not always easy to find players on the WW.

  • Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

          Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

                and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Missed Kicks: Missed extra point should definitely be a negative, most likely minus 1, duh. Now, not sure how the Fantrax scoring works but perhaps we could tier the missed field goal scoring based on league accuracy? For example:

Just took a look at the options and I can confirm that missed kicks penalties based on distance is possible. The vote will probably be a straight yes/no then @Undershooter and I will assign the values on our own if it passes. 

 

You know what else is possible? EVERY. OTHER. FREAKING. STAT. UNDER. THE. SUN. My mind is blown at how many different stats they've added for scoring this year.

  • Yards per rush? Yup that's pretty standard. 
  • Defensive stuffs? You betcha. 
  • Quarterback Rating? ESPN would love this
  • Interceptions returned for touchdowns 30-39 yards? Sure why not. 
  • Average yards after catch? Little precise but sure. 
  • First down percentage rushing? Whoa Nelly

 

I don't think we'll be straying too far into the beyond but it's pretty cool to know we can if we want. 

 

 

  • Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:


:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

👆x1000000  .... in this day and age if you aren't using FAAB for free agents....SMH

If there is only one change we make -- only one -- this should be THE one...

If we go for FAAB, would you allow a $0 or make it a minimum of $1?

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

If we go for FAAB, would you allow a $0 or make it a minimum of $1?

Gotta be 0, unless we do like a 500 dollar budget...right? RIGHT? 

  • Like 1

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bardle said:

Gotta be 0, unless we do like a 500 dollar budget...right? RIGHT? 

I've seen some where they put it at $1 and once you blow through your budget, say $100, then you're done.  I personally would like it to be $0, but I wanted to ask

  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Just took a look at the options and I can confirm that missed kicks penalties based on distance is possible. The vote will probably be a straight yes/no then @Undershooter and I will assign the values on our own if it passes. 

 

You know what else is possible? EVERY. OTHER. FREAKING. STAT. UNDER. THE. SUN. My mind is blown at how many different stats they've added for scoring this year.

  • Yards per rush? Yup that's pretty standard. 
  • Defensive stuffs? You betcha. 
  • Quarterback Rating? ESPN would love this
  • Interceptions returned for touchdowns 30-39 yards? Sure why not. 
  • Average yards after catch? Little precise but sure. 
  • First down percentage rushing? Whoa Nelly

 

I don't think we'll be straying too far into the beyond but it's pretty cool to know we can if we want. 

 

 

@GolfSpy STUDque isn't kidding. I was dumbfounded last season when I got to the scoring portion of the commish options. There is the ability to change everything under the sun. (which is why there was a possibility something was off slightly in scoring last year)

 

Plus it looks like they've added a couple of things in the off-season. Say what you will about Fantrax but they are easily the most customize-able fantasy site I've ever seen.



As for FAAB, I'd lean toward $0 but am happy to listen to arguments for both. I've only done $0 FAAB so I have limited experience.

  • Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

          Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

                and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never done FAAB before and I have a question. What happens when your budget is gone? Are you no longer allowed to pick up players? What if it is someone no one wants?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

 

 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

@GolfSpy STUDque isn't kidding. I was dumbfounded last season when I got to the scoring portion of the commish options. There is the ability to change everything under the sun. (which is why there was a possibility something was off slightly in scoring last year)

 

Plus it looks like they've added a couple of things in the off-season. Say what you will about Fantrax but they are easily the most customize-able fantasy site I've ever seen.



As for FAAB, I'd lean toward $0 but am happy to listen to arguments for both. I've only done $0 FAAB so I have limited experience.

The more I use Fantrax the more I like it. I think most of the issues we as a forum have had with them stem from the size of our leagues...I am really enjoying the golf league though. Once you figure it out its pretty intuitive. Hopefully we don't have draft issues like we did last year though. yikes. 

  • Like 1

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have never done FAAB before and I have a question. What happens when your budget is gone? Are you no longer allowed to pick up players? What if it is someone no one wants?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Everyone starts with the same amount of $... typically 100 for the entire season.

Every week (usually Tuesday night) you choose the players you want to bid on and how much you want to pay for them.
Waivers will run overnight and it's a blind bid so if you bid 7 and someone else bids 8 they get the player.
If there are only 2 bids and you both bid the same amount then it goes to waiver priority and if you have the higher priority then you get the player.  (this rolls throughout the season)

Once you have no money left you can still 'bid' on a player and if nobody else bids on them you get them.

After waivers run everyone is a free agent and you don't have to use your FAAB on them and can add/drop for free.

There is a definite strategy to the process and I'd suggest searching for some articles on FAAB strategy to help out.

  • Like 4

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Everyone starts with the same amount of $... typically 100 for the entire season.
Every week (usually Tuesday night) you choose the players you want to bid on and how much you want to pay for them.
Waivers will run overnight and it's a blind bid so if you bid 7 and someone else bids 8 they get the player.
If there are only 2 bids and you both bid the same amount then it goes to waiver priority and if you have the higher priority then you get the player.  (this rolls throughout the season)
Once you have no money left you can still 'bid' on a player and if nobody else bids on them you get them.
After waivers run everyone is a free agent and you don't have to use your FAAB on them and can add/drop for free.
There is a definite strategy to the process and I'd suggest searching for some articles on FAAB strategy to help out.

So you only bid on waiver wire players?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

 

 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so the thread has been up for almost a week and have heard back from almost all of the returning players. Paging the following guys that haven't logged into Fantrax or the thread yet:

@HighFade @mudfish @PAgolfer2017 @revkev @Hackster @Ronoc @TSauer

Y'all in? 

There's still time but we've gotta finalize the owners list first so we can do the votes so we can set the draft. Gonna set the draft to launch early so we'll have time for a rain date in case we break it again. 

 

About that, what day of the week works for you guys? I'm thinking like a Thursday night in maybe week 2 of preseason. 

  • Like 3

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:


:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Link to post
Share on other sites

What time do you guys usually do it? Eastern since we have a lot of guys maybe even a few international folks?

I have golf league on thursdays but it’s almost playoffs so I might be done by then. But if it’s 8ish I would be fine.

Another question, so they have an app or is it just PC based? I didn’t see one in the App Store.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

 

#cuetheduckboats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

What time do you guys usually do it? Eastern since we have a lot of guys maybe even a few international folks?

I have golf league on thursdays but it’s almost playoffs so I might be done by then. But if it’s 8ish I would be fine.

Another question, so they have an app or is it just PC based? I didn’t see one in the App Store.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd expect an evening in EST. 8 or 9 could be expected so we can try to accommodate our West coast players. 

According to the focus group I'm in, they're shooting to release a proper app before football starts but here's the link to the interim solution we've been using for the past few years:

https://www.fantrax.com/app

 

  • Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:


:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd expect an evening in EST. 8 or 9 could be expected so we can try to accommodate our West coast players. 
According to the focus group I'm in, they're shooting to release a proper app before football starts but here's the link to the interim solution we've been using for the past few years:
https://www.fantrax.com/app
 


Thanks! I’ll check it out. And Thursday would be fine for me then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

 

#cuetheduckboats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, been super busy! You best believe I’m in.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Ok so the thread has been up for almost a week and have heard back from almost all of the returning players. Paging the following guys that haven't logged into Fantrax or the thread yet:

@HighFade @mudfish @PAgolfer2017 @revkev @Hackster @Ronoc @TSauer

Y'all in? 

There's still time but we've gotta finalize the owners list first so we can do the votes so we can set the draft. Gonna set the draft to launch early so we'll have time for a rain date in case we break it again. 

 

About that, what day of the week works for you guys? I'm thinking like a Thursday night in maybe week 2 of preseason. 

I'm EST so most nights work if it's gonna be that late. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been at a convention - I do want to be in - I will go into that email post haste and respond.  Do we have a draft date/time yet?

  • Love 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...