Undershooter

Official 2019 MyGolfSpy Fantasy Football League

My votes are in. The 23rd and 24th are a definite no for me. I have a wedding on the 24th and a rehearsal on the 23rd. Those are the only 2 nights I can’t change something around to make work.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

To be fair, the draft ended up being held ON my wedding day last year.. you’re not special

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

To be fair, the draft ended up being held ON my wedding day last year.. you’re not special

Merely explaining why I voted the way I did but thanks for pointing out that my mom was lying to me when she said I was special!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'll set my preferences for the draft. I'm in aus/NZ for the next month. If timing works that I can join great! If not I'll be sure to set it to auto to help speed things along.... Plus I didn't draft overly well last year haha

Merely explaining why I voted the way I did but thanks for pointing out that my mom was lying to me when she said I was special!

Did she also forget to mention that Santa Clause wasn’t real..?

I love this👍Smack talk and the season hasn't even started yet🏈

• Like 1

Alright I voted - I realize that it's going to be impossible to hit a date/time that works for everyone so I will spare you the reasons for my choice and hope for the best.  But I can smell September 3 coming up now - that's my other draft and that league has some silly sick rules along with being a keeper league so there is no way that research or lists for it are useful for another league.  It would be a laugh riot trying to juggle these two drafts at the same time. 🙂

Ugh, I'll be camping out by South Colony Lake in Colorado on the 22nd with the nearest internet connection about a 3hr hike, lol.

Let's go "make up" dates!

I won’t be near a computer til tomorrow to vote. Can’t see it on mobile. But I’m pretty flexible. Outside of Aug 25 my evenings are open.

Did she also forget to mention that Santa Clause wasn’t real..?

He’s not?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

He’s not?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Well aren’t you just the bearer of bad news!

Oh boy, I’ve opened up Pandora’s box, haven’t I? Do we also need to have the birds and the bees talk, guys?

Oh boy, I’ve opened up Pandora’s box, haven’t I? Do we also need to have the birds and the bees talk, guys?

No I’m good on that one. However if you could PM me the correct answer to the Cobra Connect Challege 3 question of the week that would be great!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BK in TEXAS said:

I missed last year, but want in again this year!!!

Blast from the past! Send me a PM with your email. 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

We've been noodling this one around quite a bit.  We're trying to allow everyone that wants to participate into the league while maintaining balance.  It'll ultimately come down to final size....2, 14s is already out of the question since we're currently sitting at 37 owners.  We're going to stay patient to see if anyone else wants to join.  Not really interested in doing just 2 divisions at this point as that'll be too deep for this group. 

The most likely scenarios will be 3/12s if we lose a guy, 3/13s if we gain 2 more, or 4/10s if we gain 3.   The 12s and 13s will be the healthier player pool and the 10s will require some tweaks to scoring.  Each option will be fine for weekly matchups but we'll have to think carefully about playoff format.

I'm in, if you're still looking for someone to fill out the league. 

• Like 2

Just got my draft vote in.  Sorry for the delay.

Seeing as any of the dates work fine for me, I’m not gonna vote, so I don’t needlessly skew the results away from what the group needs. 

Alright gang, so we're sitting at 42 players right now. Yes, you saw that right, this will be the biggest private fantasy football league most people will ever see.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d4890185a70444941

That's good for a league with 3 divisions of 14. This will be great because it's the same size our divisions were last year and we can maintain all of the playoff rules except for a three-way Super Bowl. 

3 divisions need 3 commissioners so please welcome @Berg Ryman as #3 in addition to @Undershooter and myself. Once we reach our 42, I'll consult with the wheel of wisdom for assigning players to divisions as well as establishing the draft order. 

Speaking of draft, make sure to place your votes in the poll attached to this thread. Still a low number reporting. 

Edit: Oh yeah, we need to come up with Division names. Last year it was Truth and Digest. What do you guys think?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Alright gang, so we're sitting at 41 players right now. Yes, you saw that right, this will be the biggest private fantasy football league most people will ever see.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d4890185a70444941

Waiting for @BK in TEXAS to send me his email address and we'll be a 42 (if not him, we've got a small waiting list). That's good for a league with 3 divisions of 14. This will be great because it's the same size our divisions were last year and we can maintain all of the playoff rules except for a three-way Super Bowl. 

3 divisions need 3 commissioners so please welcome @Berg Ryman as #3 in addition to @Undershooter and myself. Once we reach our 42, I'll consult with the wheel of wisdom for assigning players to divisions as well as establishing the draft order. 

Speaking of draft, make sure to place your votes in the poll attached to this thread. Still a low number reporting. 

I already added BK. I might should have mentioned that haha 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1