TESTERS WANTED! ×

"As Seen on TV" Clubs in the wild...

AlanMP

My buddy and I got out at a local course this past weekend and we were paired up with another random duo. The other duo were great people and were great company during a long day at the course. We had a blistering fast pace of 4.75 hours so we had some good chats out on the tee boxes. They were awesome people. I noticed at the turn that one of the randoms had a square strike in the bag and I just kinda chuckled and didn't think much of it. 

We come to a hole towards the end of the round and the person with the SS proceeds to pitch a ball with what looks to be a normal wedge from right beside the cart path and has the ball run across the green and comes to rest in the rough about 40 yards from where the shot was taken. This person was left with about 30 to 40 feet to the pin.  This person walks over to their ball, stands there as everyone else hits the pitch shots up and then as it was their turn says "crap, this isn't the club I want." I again kinda laughed as we have all been there before and decided the walk back to the cart is not worth it and just hit a half hearted shot with the wrong club anyways. Well this person decides that mistake isn't going to happen today and then jogs across the green, to the cart, gets the square strike and jogs back to the ball. The person then pops the ball straight up out of the rough and barely makes the green and is then left with a 25 ft putt. Which is then three putted in style by blowing it past the hole and tapped back in. 

I am not making fun of the person but simply making light of what I saw at the course this weekend and thought it would give a couple other people a little laugh as we try to get through another Monday work day. 

Anyone else got any good "as seen on TV" club stories they have seen out on the course? 

Driver: Callaway Rouge SZ 9* - Hzrdus Yellow 75 (6.0) - 44.5" 

3 Wood: Ping i15 15.5* - Ping TFC700 (stiff) - Standard length

4 Hybrid: Nickent 7DX 22* - Aldila R.I.P. (stiff) - Standard Length

Irons: Callaway Rouge Pro (CF18) 5 through AW - True Temper XP 105 - .5" short/ 2* up

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 4 54* & 58* - True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 - 2* up

Putter: Odyssey #10 Triple Track

Ball: Bridgestone TourB X

Righty 

Blythewood, SC

12.0 Index

Not a club but the "visiball glasses" The blue shades that fit over your glasses and the balls "glow white" in the grass... My dad ordered them, we teased him and of course the didnt work. Even to this day when we can't find a ball we always say to him to get our the visiballs! (he also has a SS wedge, which Im not even getting in to)

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

@ole gray has some pretty great stories about the Square Strike.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

46 minutes ago, Apes44 said:

Not a club but the "visiball glasses" The blue shades that fit over your glasses and the balls "glow white" in the grass... My dad ordered them, we teased him and of course the didnt work. Even to this day when we can't find a ball we always say to him to get our the visiballs! (he also has a SS wedge, which Im not even getting in to)

I always wondered about those glasses. Did they at least work as really bad sunglasses? lol

Driver: Callaway Rouge SZ 9* - Hzrdus Yellow 75 (6.0) - 44.5" 

3 Wood: Ping i15 15.5* - Ping TFC700 (stiff) - Standard length

4 Hybrid: Nickent 7DX 22* - Aldila R.I.P. (stiff) - Standard Length

Irons: Callaway Rouge Pro (CF18) 5 through AW - True Temper XP 105 - .5" short/ 2* up

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 4 54* & 58* - True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 - 2* up

Putter: Odyssey #10 Triple Track

Ball: Bridgestone TourB X

Righty 

Blythewood, SC

12.0 Index

I have seen these being worn on the driving range and the guy said they didn't really work as advertised.

Also, my cousin has a Warrior 7 wood that I've hit a few times and really liked.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

18 hours ago, AlanMP said:

I always wondered about those glasses. Did they at least work as really bad sunglasses? lol

Negative, they made everything super bright blue, almost headache inducing blue!

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA