Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Superstitions on the Course

GolfSpy Dave

If you read the posts about the new Yellow Srixon balls, you will find that there are a lot of men who want color too.

These are "tour" balls though so playing a colored ball is ok. :(

You should make Matt play a colored ball as a handicap when you play together.

Being married to Matt, I fully understand that the word "Tour" makes everything better in golf-land.

I don't think that would be a handicap. With colored balls he might find his wayward drives.

Being married to Matt, I fully understand that the word "Tour" makes everything better in golf-land.

I don't think that would be a handicap. With colored balls he might find his wayward drives.

Ouch. I knew signing you up for this was a mistake.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

You are officially my favorite new member. :(

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

You are officially my favorite new member. :lol:

+1... Wayward drives. Thats funny. sounds like time for a new driver.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Very nice, welcome aboard, and as the other's said, you are the new Golf Spy Member of the Month!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I have a double sided coin to mark my ball. I keep it on one side until I make a bad putt with it. Then I switch.

I also keep the first button on my polo unbuttoned, its a superstition my whole high school golf team has.

I have a double sided coin to mark my ball. I keep it on one side until I make a bad putt with it. Then I switch.

I also keep the first button on my polo unbuttoned, its a superstition my whole high school golf team has.

Aren't you supposed to keep the top button undone?

That would make sense. I wonder how that would get started?

It started like 15 years before I was on the team. One of the polos the team had to wear didn't have the bottom button. So everyone on the team undid the bottom button so they would be the same. Even though over time the team got new polos, the bottom button remained undone. The tradition continued (now even our coach does it!). I know that for the rest of my life I will wear polos like that.

It started like 15 years before I was on the team. One of the polos the team had to wear didn't have the bottom button. So everyone on the team undid the bottom button so they would be the same. Even though over time the team got new polos, the bottom button remained undone. The tradition continued (now even our coach does it!). I know that for the rest of my life I will wear polos like that.

Haha i remember the first time you told me that. It's a good tradition. Have you gotten your ring yet??? DIDNT THINK SO

• 2 months later...

I won'y play without my FJ Classic Dry premier (now they've discontinue, i duno wat to do! i hv wore them for 15yrs!), and i don't wear anything brown in competition (always play sxxt when i've anything brown on my shoes). Always have new shirt on important matches! w/o my clubs, i win't play at all!

Most important is my UK 50p for my marker!

I never use a new ball on a hole with water dont know why i hit em in there whether there new or not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

I'm regular in that I don't carry my wallet or cell phone in my pockets, only in the bag. 3 tees, mark and repair tool in my right pocket. I only mark with a 1961 quarter (birth year), heads up with the face looking at the hole. I always approach the tee box from behind the markers where I belong, never from in front of the markers. I play best when I walk but ride if it is really wet on the course.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

I won't use a red tee, ever. My buddy who introduced me to the game taught me that balls on red tees won't go straight. My experience shows this to be correct!

I'm particular about other things, like how my ball is marked and how my clubs are arranged, but I don't think those are superstitious.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• 2 weeks later...

wierd i dont think anyone apporaches therre ball by going in front of it first on the tee box if there are then thats weird in itself

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Archived