GolfSpy Stroker

PXG for heroes sale

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, Maltenator said:

I pulled the trigger called PXG, and asked if I could cash in on the $95 putter deal that I passed up. They honored it, and will have my new Mustang here in a couple weeks. Now who wants to buy my Scotty?

That's awesome that they still honored that offer, which is a steal by the way. Which finish and hosel did you get?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maltenator said:

I pulled the trigger called PXG, and asked if I could cash in on the $95 putter deal that I passed up. They honored it, and will have my new Mustang here in a couple weeks. Now who wants to buy my Scotty?

Did they charge you $30 for shipping a single club, like I was quoted?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KurtActual said:

I'm pretty sure that's their standard shipping rate because I've been charged that both times for each putter. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

By the way, their website says $125 per iron, not $105.

Wow. They upped the price $20 per club it was $105 when I bought mine. They do have a lot of people getting them with their Heroes pricing getting the Driver for free and putters for $95 and turning around and selling them for a substantial markup in FB groups. I have called out a lot of people on FB for this. Call me a Debbie Downer, and a hater, but I think it's morally and ethically wrong to take advantage and try to profit from the kindness that PXG is offering. I wonder if PXG raised the price to try to deter this, who knows.

14 hours ago, KurtActual said:

Yes they did. I got a Mustang with an upgraded Fatso 5.0 grip. Not bad for $156.31 with the upgrade, tax, and shipping. I got all my money back seeing that I sold a 6 year old Scotty last night for $285 shipped, and I only paid $50 for it after trading in a bunch of old equipment. So I got my money back plus about an extra $100 for  a brand new putter.

I've heard Ping is very generous with their veteran discount too. I'm sure someone will be able to speak on it after i post this. It is great that these companies appreciate those that are committed to this country and do the work that they do!.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

That's awesome that they still honored that offer, which is a steal by the way. Which finish and hosel did you get?

When I called I spoke Monique one of their fitters, and explained that I was dumb to pass it up and changed my mind and simply asked if I could somehow get the promotion still, said she could do it for me. I got a Mustang with a plumbers neck, in black with a Fatso 5.0. Not bad for $156.31 with the upgrade, tax, and shipping. I got all my money back seeing that I sold a 6 year old Scotty last night for $285 shipped, and I only paid $50 for it after trading in a bunch of old equipment in 2013. So I got my money back plus about an extra $100 for a brand new putter.

47 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I've heard Ping is very generous with their veteran discount too. I'm sure someone will be able to speak on it after i post this. It is great that these companies appreciate those that are committed to this country and do the work that they do!.

I do know that TM, and Callaway run 15% off all the time no restrictions or limitations to equipment balls or apparel. I never looked into Ping until just now. Ping only has it during certain parts of the year and it's a rebate program. This is what you get through Ping. It's for Active Duty, Reserve, and retirees. Not all Veterans qualify. I served for over 4.5 years, was in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan 20+ times each on rapid deployment teams, was shot in Afghanistan 3 times in my chest (I had my body armor in with ceramic inserts, it broke 6 ribs cracked 8 more so over half of my 24 ribs were broken or cracked, and collapsed my left lung from the impact no bullets made it through luckily) I received a Purple Heart, and a Bronze Star with V for Valor, yet I can't get their promotion because I didn't retire.

We Support The Troops

In addition to our rebate program, we continue to reach out to our troops in several other ways, including providing clubs to military personnel in various war zones around the world. We're always honored by the numerous letters of appreciation we receive thanking us for helping take their minds off their situations. If you're an Active, Active Reserve or Retiree of the United States Armed Forces, we hope you'll participate in the PING Military Mail-In Rebate Program.

About the Program

Available for Active Duty, Active Reserves and Military Retirees (and spouses) of the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and National Guard on purchases made from February 2, 2019 - August 1, 2019. To receive your mail-in rebate form, you must present your current military ID to an authorized PING dealer in the United States at the time of purchase.

Rebate Amounts & Eligible Models

PRODUCT ELIGIBLE MODELS REBATE LIMIT
Drivers G410 (all models), G400 Max, G Le $30 1
Fairway Woods G410 (all models), G Le $20 each 4
Hybrids G410, G Le $15 each 4
Crossovers G410 $15 each 3
Irons G410, G700, i500, i210, iBlade, G Le $10 each 12
Wedges Glide 2.0, Glide Forged, G410, G700, i500, i210, iBlade, G Le $10 each 4
Putters Sigma 2, PING Vault 2.0, G Le $15 1
Edited by Maltenator
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maltenator said:

I do know that TM, and Callaway run 15% off all the time no restrictions or limitations to equipment balls or apparel. I never looked into Ping until just now. Ping only has it during certain parts of the year and it's a rebate program. This is what you get through Ping. Not that great if you ask me, also it's for Active Duty, Reserve, and retirees. Not all Veterans qualify. I served for over 4.5 years, was in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan 20+ times each on rapid deployment teams, was shot in Afghanistan 3 times in my chest (I had my body armor in with ceramic inserts, it broke 6 ribs cracked 8 more so over half of my 24 ribs were broken or cracked, and collapsed my left lung from the impact no bullets made it through luckily) I received a Purple Heart, and a Bronze Star with V for Valor, yet I can't get their promotion because I didn't retire.

We Support The Troops

In addition to our rebate program, we continue to reach out to our troops in several other ways, including providing clubs to military personnel in various war zones around the world. We're always honored by the numerous letters of appreciation we receive thanking us for helping take their minds off their situations. If you're an Active, Active Reserve or Retiree of the United States Armed Forces, we hope you'll participate in the PING Military Mail-In Rebate Program.

About the Program

Available for Active Duty, Active Reserves and Military Retirees (and spouses) of the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and National Guard on purchases made from February 2, 2019 - August 1, 2019. To receive your mail-in rebate form, you must present your current military ID to an authorized PING dealer in the United States at the time of purchase.

Dang, i thought they used to have a great program. I wonder if they changed it within the past few years. I'm not a vet so ive never personally looked into it but always heard in side conversations how great it was.

Greatly appreciate your service @Maltenator. Hopefully all wounds are healed up!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maltenator said:

I do know that TM, and Callaway run 15% off all the time no restrictions or limitations to equipment balls or apparel. I never looked into Ping until just now. Ping only has it during certain parts of the year and it's a rebate program. This is what you get through Ping. Not that great if you ask me, also it's for Active Duty, Reserve, and retirees. Not all Veterans qualify. I served for over 4.5 years, was in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan 20+ times each on rapid deployment teams, was shot in Afghanistan 3 times in my chest (I had my body armor in with ceramic inserts, it broke 6 ribs cracked 8 more so over half of my 24 ribs were broken or cracked, and collapsed my left lung from the impact no bullets made it through luckily) I received a Purple Heart, and a Bronze Star with V for Valor, yet I can't get their promotion because I didn't retire.

We Support The Troops

About the Program

While I havent experienced what you have I think it’s nice that Ping offers a discount to military members including sending them clubs while in war zones. They don’t publish it because they don’t do it for marketing it recognition but they go above and beyond for wounded vets. Free fitings and clubs.

none of us signed up to be able to get discounts or free stuff upon our termination of service. Ping is one of two golf companies that are tops in golf. There’s no marketing bs or glory seeking. They are a top notch brand and I’m a proud supporter of the brand and have been for more than a decade. 

Callway only recently began their program or advertising their program after the large success that the pxg for heroes program demonstrated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

While I havent experienced what you have I think it’s nice that Ping offers a discount to military members including sending them clubs while in war zones. They don’t publish it because they don’t do it for marketing it recognition but they go above and beyond for wounded vets. Free fitings and clubs.

none of us signed up to be able to get discounts or free stuff upon our termination of service. Ping is one of two golf companies that are tops in golf. There’s no marketing bs or glory seeking. They are a top notch brand and I’m a proud supporter of the brand and have been for more than a decade. 

Callway only recently began their program or advertising their program after the large success that the pxg for heroes program demonstrated.

I'm not discounting them, or their brand by any means. It's an amazing thing what they do. You are right I never see Ping Ad's, they let their equipment speak for itself. I'm sure if I proved I was a Vet they would extend it to me. Just from reading it seemed like I wouldn't qualify. I support any company that gives back or assists Vets. Sorry if my initial comment came off wrong, I'm quite blunt and don't mince words, and have a tendency for stuff to come out not how I intend. My apologies.

8 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Dang, i thought they used to have a great program. I wonder if they changed it within the past few years. I'm not a vet so ive never personally looked into it but always heard in side conversations how great it was.

Greatly appreciate your service @Maltenator. Hopefully all wounds are healed up!

Thank you. I'm all good happened back in the end of 2003. Dealt with a lot for a few years post incident, but I'm all good now. 

Honestly it doesn't matter how great or small it is, when showing gratitude, and giving back. These companies do so much more behind the scenes that we don't know about with Birdies For the Brave, and other organizations like them. Hell I get 4 free tickets every year through Birdies For the Brave to any tournament excluding Majors.

• Like 1

....okay guys...this wasn't meant as an open invitation to critique how the various OEM's reward/recognize service members.

appreciate the insight into the various programs but try and keep your personal opinions to yourself.

thanks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

....okay guys...this wasn't meant as an open invitation to critique how the various OEM's reward/recognize service members.

appreciate the insight into the various programs but try and keep your personal opinions to yourself.

thanks

My apologies. I didn't mean for it to end up going that route.

Since the sale seems to be over I'm going to lock this thread...

They still have great deals if you're a first responder so it's worth checking out.