TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Lynx Black Cat and Prowler VT Irons

Stephanie Z.  

Class Act.  🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

1 hour ago, daviddvm said:

Well what is in your bag right now?  😁

Too late, he's probably bought another two sets by the time he read this 🤣🤣😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Played another 18 at the home course, Basking CC in Basking Ridge, NJ.

20190716_180211.thumb.jpg.551c4977cf78013bed2affbe8e271c5f.jpg

I play from the golds here, which is not really easier than many white tees.  

Shot 101 today 😞 heat index 105+ so I'll take it 🙂

On the range, I was able to hit draw, fade, straight, pretty well.  The natural shape is straight to a slight draw for short irons, straight to slight fade for long irons.  Everything goes high and long.  I don't see any distance loss from the weak lofts.  Ball is stopping dead on the greens.  Thin shots go like 3 clubs farther, oops!  Hahaha, that's my fault.  

I ran out of tour balls so now I'm on my Vice Drive balls, which are just soft 2pc.  I have to order more Tour Bs 🙂

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Love the stage ones guys, it should be a fun ride to see how you all get on with these. They are both good looking clubs but the VTs look better to me.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

PLEASE NOTE!   

I'm passing on a message from Stephanie Zinser...Owner of Lynx Golf.

Hello testers,  

First off, we wanted to thank each of you for the interest in Lynx Golf. We are longtime fans of MyGolfSpy.com and look forward to hearing more about your experience.

We read with some dismay that the majority, if not all testers, received clubs in a damaged box, which is totally unacceptable and of great embarrassment to us. We have never had any club turn up in beaten-up boxes in the UK and Europe in over 8 years of business. 

It is true that some of our packaging will be different from any other golf brand, because in August 2018 we went single use plastic free as we felt it was irresponsible to do anything else for the sake of our planet.

The U.S. market is new to us and we will be immediately looking at the courier used with these shipments, as well as having an extra outer box for single sets like this to prevent further damage in future. 

This is something we will remedy immediately and have taken up with our PR company who shipped these items.

Finally we noted one or two comments regarding our website; this is because we are about to launch a new website in conjunction with our entry into the USA. Stay tuned and thank you again!

Kind regards 
Stephanie Zinser 
Owner, Lynx Golf

It is great that Stephanie reaches out to address some of the things that have been noted by the testers already in this thread. As @downlowkey mentioned earlier and she stated in the letter about no longer using single use plastic, I’m a little confused. I am sure I don’t know the exact definition or how they intended the wording of “single use plastics”, but all my irons had plastic wrapping on them as did some of the irons of the other testers.  We may need to get some clarification on this since it sounds like something the are marketing. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

PLEASE NOTE!   
I'm passing on a message from Stephanie Zinser...Owner of Lynx Golf.

Hello testers,  

First off, we wanted to thank each of you for the interest in Lynx Golf. We are longtime fans of MyGolfSpy.com and look forward to hearing more about your experience.

We read with some dismay that the majority, if not all testers, received clubs in a damaged box, which is totally unacceptable and of great embarrassment to us. We have never had any club turn up in beaten-up boxes in the UK and Europe in over 8 years of business. 

It is true that some of our packaging will be different from any other golf brand, because in August 2018 we went single use plastic free as we felt it was irresponsible to do anything else for the sake of our planet.

The U.S. market is new to us and we will be immediately looking at the courier used with these shipments, as well as having an extra outer box for single sets like this to prevent further damage in future. 

This is something we will remedy immediately and have taken up with our PR company who shipped these items.

Finally we noted one or two comments regarding our website; this is because we are about to launch a new website in conjunction with our entry into the USA. Stay tuned and thank you again!

Kind regards 
Stephanie Zinser 
Owner, Lynx Golf

She mentioned that they are big fans of MGS. A very important thing that we all have to consider is that as a very newly reinvented company, they're opting to throw themselves into the lion's den wearing a roast beef tuxedo by doing an MGS testing. I can't express enough how impressive that is.. to me anyway.

We are a very fanatical, golf-educated, passionate, and opinionated mix of folks here at MGS and I'd bet my best britches that they had a good idea of what they were getting into. These little mishaps are going to happen and it's a matter of how they choose to address them, and improve upon them that can make them a really great company. So far it looks like they're heading in the right direction.

Kudos to Lynx!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So spent some time on the monitors tonight. Something to be said about a PW and 9k+ rpm with cheap practice balls . 0730191843a.jpeg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

image.png.c24746914db1d3abae3c8c5fc53c9948.png

image.png.96e6184f263d41e280ba5879df0195dc.png

Well after playing three rounds with the Black Cat irons and comparing specs it is easy to see why they launch higher!

But the thing I can't explain yet is that I am not losing any distance!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

@knightsofnii That course looks beautiful!

I'll be posting some pictures comparing the irons to my other two sets (reminder):

• Cobra King F8 (Regular flex, standard length/lie/ not the ONE length shafts)
  • Adams Idea Pro CB1 Black (Regular flex, standard length, bent up to a neutral lie)

Along with the corresponding loft configurations.

The Black Cats are Stiff instead of regular, +.25" length, and 1* upright compared to the other irons, all specs generated from my "light" iron fitting at Mulligan's - all are things that could make the iron better preforming for me, and something that should be considered when looking at my thoughts!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

First tee, 3w, got under it and popped it up so it was a bit short.  191 to the pin, 30-50 feet downhill (see pic from 2 posts ago), so I figure my 5i might be my 170-175 club. 

I swing and pull it a pinch, it's super high and far, I lose sight of it so I look on to see where it lands.  I see it bounce just left of the green.  

I go to my bag and see the 5i is still in the bag?  What's in my hand? 7i! 

I get to the green.  It's 8' off in the rough, hole high.  Chip on and par save 🙂

I think it's time for Arccos so I can get my distances down.  Had I flushed the 5i, it would have gone way farther.  Or I just super pured the 7 with a slight pull, the 1-2° pulls seem to travel farther. 

Previous forum tests:

Really enjoyed the Stage 1's guys - well done! I will be following this thread closely - I have a soft spot for Lynx. The first new set of clubs I ever purchased: Lynx Parallax irons in the early 90's AND they were the clubs I used for my first hole-in-one! I'm interested to see how the VT compares to the i500 as well. Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

4 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Really enjoyed the Stage 1's guys - well done! I will be following this thread closely - I have a soft spot for Lynx. The first new set of clubs I ever purchased: Lynx Parallax irons in the early 90's AND they were the clubs I used for my first hole-in-one! I'm interested to see how the VT compares to the i500 as well. Keep up the good work

Thanks golfertrb, I'm testing Black Cats and after four rounds it may be quite a fight for my AP1 to get back in the bag!

As a former Ping i3 player I really like your sticks and I have a Oklahoma State Cowboys ( my Alma Mater ) Ping Hoofer bag I use when I travel. My staff bag takes up too much room when traveling with the family in the SUV.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

I have to agree with the Black Cats.  I am seeing no distance loss, in fact just the opposite.  There are a couple of other notables that will be in my stage 2.  Is there anything someone wants to see in regards to the Black Cats?   Let me know and I will do my best to add to the review.

Thanks,

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I had zero interest in these clubs until reading your stage 1's guys.  Excellent work by each of you and I will be following closely to see how these perform for you guys.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

16 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I had zero interest in these clubs until reading your stage 1's guys.  Excellent work by each of you and I will be following closely to see how these perform for you guys.

Hi Wedgie, thanks for you interest and input. Let me know anything specific that would interest you in our testing.

I have a question for you; How do you like  your :cleveland-small: -CBX 48*, 52* and 56*? 

I read the first look at CBX-2 wedges and I'm gonna have a serious look at those.

Nice work on the stage 1's all.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

51 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Hi Wedgie, thanks for you interest and input. Let me know anything specific that would interest you in our testing.

I have a question for you; How do you like  your :cleveland-small: -CBX 48*, 52* and 56*? 

I read the first look at CBX-2 wedges and I'm gonna have a serious look at those.

If the CBX is as good as my Rotex CB 50/08, but better with mishits and turf interaction? Then I bet it's 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Previous forum tests:

Thanks golfertrb, I'm testing Black Cats and after four rounds it may be quite a fight for my AP1 to get back in the bag!
As a former Ping i3 player I really like your sticks and I have a Oklahoma State Cowboys ( my Alma Mater ) Ping Hoofer bag I use when I travel. My staff bag takes up too much room when traveling with the family in the SUV.

I played the i3+ Blades for years - such great clubs! (I had my last hole-in-one with those the first time out! Why did I not keep those??) I saw that you grew up in Oklahoma - where about? The Hoofer is such a great bag - I've had a few through the years and my current one is fantastic and even though I live in south Moore, I'm actually an OSU fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

1 hour ago, golfertrb said:

I played the i3+ Blades for years - such great clubs! (I had my last hole-in-one with those the first time out! Why did I not keep those??) I saw that you grew up in Oklahoma - where about? The Hoofer is such a great bag - I've had a few through the years and my current one is fantastic and even though I live in south Moore, I'm actually an OSU fan emoji41.png

I still have 3-SW i3 Ping oversize blades with green dot! Great clubs.

I grew up in the outskirts of Tulsa and we had a ranch outside Claremore, Ok.

Go Pokes🏈

I have a round set for 9am tomorrow morning and I will be playing the entire round with the irons. No driver, woods, hybrids, wedges, or putter. Should be interestingly to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

I have a question for you; How do you like  your default_cleveland-small.jpg -CBX 48*, 52* and 56*? 

I love the CBX wedges and it would be hard to go to a more traditional blade wedge after using them for about a year. I use them a ton on full shots when I lay up to a number. Just started hitting a flop shot with the 56 and they mow throw the deep rough around the greens. I’m no wedge guru like some others around here but they are definitely worth a look.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

AZSTU324  where/how did you come up with this picture? 
VT.jpg.c176d7b523a00b8ee221797f4f56b90c.jpg
Hey so sorry that I missed this one. I'm unable to keep up with the comments.. and that's a great problem to have.

The pic was somewhere on the internet.. don't remember where but I just clipped it and added the circles in good old MS Paint.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

When we were waiting to receive the clubs, I took it upon myself to swing the i500s just to have a competing model to compare. Also hit the Titleist 718 T-MBs. IMO, the Lynx VT's feel much better than the i500s. Softer impact but a very springy and active face with good feedback. I also like the profile of these better. About the same top line as the i500s and T-MBs but a little more compact from heel to toe but not at all intimidating to swing. Just a lovely club on all levels.

Maybe some of the other VT crew can give some opinions on the acoustics in the bottom end of the set. The PW and 9 do have a pretty noticible ting. The jury's still out on how I feel about the sound. Likely due to a slightly larger profile and more internal space. Would definitely not be upset if they decided to fill 8-PW with some kind of foam down the road.

The rest of the set though just sounds beautiful. Solid, crisp, powerful, but not overly loud in the slightest. I'll try to make a video with the camera right up next to the ball and work through the lineup to hear the acoustics of each club.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

image.png.c24746914db1d3abae3c8c5fc53c9948.png

image.png.96e6184f263d41e280ba5879df0195dc.png
Well after playing three rounds with the Black Cat irons and comparing specs it is easy to see why they launch higher!
But the thing I can't explain yet is that I am not losing any distance!
I just realized that the BC's are even a degree weaker than the VT's. I would have thought maybe the opposite. Pretty cool!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I have a round set for 9am tomorrow morning and I will be playing the entire round with the irons. No driver, woods, hybrids, wedges, or putter. Should be interestingly to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
I'm going to do the exact same tomorrow. Playing another round with my pops on a fun little 9 hole in Mesa. I feel pretty good about getting around the course without the Boomer. Hoping that after some swing adjustments (more so reminders) that I'll be doing some flag hunting

Playing a long course on Sunday though so the driver will be back in the bag for that.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Last post for the evening..

New club offering on the Lynx site.. Screenshot_20190802-213054.jpeg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

When we were waiting to receive the clubs, I took it upon myself to swing the i500s just to have a competing model to compare. Also hit the Titleist 718 T-MBs. IMO, the Lynx VT's feel much better than the i500s. Softer impact but a very springy and active face with good feedback. I also like the profile of these better. About the same top line as the i500s and T-MBs but a little more compact from heel to toe but not at all intimidating to swing. Just a lovely club on all levels.

Maybe some of the other VT crew can give some opinions on the acoustics in the bottom end of the set. The PW and 9 do have a pretty noticible ting. The jury's still out on how I feel about the sound. Likely due to a slightly larger profile and more internal space. Would definitely not be upset if they decided to fill 8-PW with some kind of foam down the road.

The rest of the set though just sounds beautiful. Solid, crisp, powerful, but not overly loud in the slightest. I'll try to make a video with the camera right up next to the ball and work through the lineup to hear the acoustics of each club.

That sounds pretty great :) The i500 don't feel particular great but they do perform well for me. I did decide to order the Blueprint short irons and I'm excited to give those a go for some added playability. I would enjoy hitting the VT irons but I don't think that will happen as I've not seen them anywhere but I would like to see/hear a video if you are able.

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

New club offering on the Lynx site.. Screenshot_20190802-213054.jpeg.6f9d2cfd0e52d09beb071d335790f0a3.jpeg

Saw that - PXG may get unhappy with the screws.

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

7 hours ago, azstu324 said:

New club offering on the Lynx site.. emoji1786.pngScreenshot_20190802-213054.jpeg

Pretty interesting looking cat Image result for lynx

Bag looks different with only 7 clubs in it! This is gonna be fun and probably frustrating at the same time!
IMG_20190803_065413075.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app