TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Lynx Black Cat and Prowler VT Irons

Are any of the VT guys having any issues with gapping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I actually expected to see a slight gapping issue with only 3* between the 8 iron and 9 iron. However so far that has been a nonissue.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

On 8/9/2019 at 10:53 PM, JimNantzsToast said:

I asked for a gap wedge to go along with the set because the lofts matched up almost perfectly. And I still wish it came with one!

I also asked for 5-GW, but we then discovered we were basing it on older set info:  there is no GW in the new black cat set.  

3 and 4 are available though.  I would be into trying a 4i at least.  

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

The only gapping issue isn't really the clubs. Since I'm hitting an extra 10 yds +/- there's now a pretty sizeable hole between my PW and 50° by about 25 yds. I'm now considering having it adjusted to 48° to see if I can close that up a hair.

On another note, just got back from a long hot 18. Played the tips at San Marcos here in Chandler. Pooped the bed on the front 9 with a 46 but cleaned up nicely on the back for a 38.

Was on fire with the driver hitting 12 fairways at Max swing! On a longer par 3 that played 216 uphill, roped a 4i to the front right fringe pin high. The course has some long nearly U shaped fairways with tall trees blocking the approach. Was able to shape a few iron shots nicely around the trees which is always fun.

Ultimately I don't think I had 1 iron shot that hurt me. I contribute the poor play primarily to my wedges and putting. Humidity was 40% which is extremely high here. I just couldn't control my distance around 100 yds and everything was just falling short. My putting distance was just off too.

But I'd say that overall today's round was quite successful with the VT's

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So here are a few videos

This first one is to demonstrate the acoustics. The camera didn't quite pick up the PW and 9i like I'd hoped but you can still see a subtle difference. Toe strikes tend to amplify the sound.
[/url]  
PW Video. 

9i video

7i shapes. Draw, Fade, and Low. Please excuse the awkward hand signals.

3i Stinger

This one is the bonus video. The 3 and 4 are just low blistering rockets. So fun to hit!

Great videos and you can definitely hear a difference with the 9 and PW, it's just a little sharper. I'm jealous of those stingers, those were great! Is it just a trick of the lighting on the sound video, or does your 7 iron have a hole in the toe section of the club? I watched in slow motion and it looked like it was in the same spot as you are addressing the ball.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I actually expected to see a slight gapping issue with only 3* between the 8 iron and 9 iron. However so far that has been a nonissue.

How many yards difference are you seeing in carry between the two?

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Did a little comparison testing with my 3 other iron sets.  I was pulling and hooking a lot, and blocking some right with my graphite shafted C300s.  

The Black Cats are in the lead for feel at the very least, even compared to well struck shots with my AMP cell Pro MB irons!  I need to do launch monitor comparos to learn anything more.  

20190811_170135.thumb.jpg.e18befa90a3292cdc0328490dae7bb34.jpg

I also included a couple 4i in the mix.  Today was my first experience with a 4i.  Holy cow the ball gets sent, mid penetrating trajectory, a couple over 200 yds, but mishits were punished quite a bit.  

The 5i Black Cat works quite well.  I was flying that about 175 on the range, so I would add 5-8yds if hitting a new ball.  It had better feel and accuracy than the other 3.  I have a hunch the 5-8i might be winners, and the 9 and PW may be equal to others, but I really need computer data so stay tuned 🙂

Arccos is on order also, bday gift to myself, next Sunday.  We'll see if the missus got me anything golf related also 🙂

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Great videos and you can definitely hear a difference with the 9 and PW, it's just a little sharper. I'm jealous of those stingers, those were great! Is it just a trick of the lighting on the sound video, or does your 7 iron have a hole in the toe section of the club? I watched in slow motion and it looked like it was in the same spot as you are addressing the ball.

So not a trick OR lighting. It's a port hole. Not to be confused with a portal.. 🛸.. 👽..🤣

Story: When we got our clubs, myself and @JudgeSmails opted for the chrome finish. Well we both received 7 irons with what appeared to be punched port holes or possibly casting blemishes. Additionally my 5i had a pretty wicked rattle going on. 

We informed Lynx and they quickly responded that the 7 irons were prototypes for next year and that we shouldn't have gotten them as they weren't a finished product. At least that's how I understood it. Apparently the rattle was also a common issue with the closed models and the ports allow them to fish out any post-casting debris. Makes plenty of sense👍

The upside is that there is no performance loss and it's strictly aesthetic and not at all visible at address. It has however become a slightly negative talking point though as many people have taken high interest in the clubs at courses, range, PGATSS, Van's, etc and ALWAYS ask about my 5 and 7. 

Not only do they just look a bit odd, but the port just kind of looks like an afterthought. It's not precision drilled or milled but punched or cast as there's an indentation and it's rather off-center. Additionally the holes are just filled in with what appears to be a rubber plug of some sort. Ultimately we settled on what we got because after all we paid nothing for the clubs and they're still outstanding. 

InShot_20190811_194440516.jpg

We didn't want  to  make much of a public issue out of it as Lynx did attempt to address it in a quick manner. I think we all had a feeling that at some point it would be noticed and questioned. After all we are dealing with world-class golf spys here. 😎

Hopefully the finished product will be cleaner with a more precisely placed and drilled/milled port and finished screw. Otherwise it'd be like buying a brand new porsche with a dented bumper IMO. 

Hopefully this helped without shedding too much negative light  on Lynx. They're still working  out some very important kinks in this whole process so I just chalk this up to being part of the groundwork to something potentially very special. 

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, knightsofnii said:

Did a little comparison testing with my 3 other iron sets.  I was pulling and hooking a lot, and blocking some right with my graphite shafted C300s.  

The Black Cats are in the lead for feel at the very least, even compared to well struck shots with my AMP cell Pro MB irons!  I need to do launch monitor comparos to learn anything more.  

20190811_170135.thumb.jpg.e18befa90a3292cdc0328490dae7bb34.jpg

I also included a couple 4i in the mix.  Today was my first experience with a 4i.  Holy cow the ball gets sent, mid penetrating trajectory, a couple over 200 yds, but mishits were punished quite a bit.  

The 5i Black Cat works quite well.  I was flying that about 175 on the range, so I would add 5-8yds if hitting a new ball.  It had better feel and accuracy than the other 3.  I have a hunch the 5-8i might be winners, and the 9 and PW may be equal to others, but I really need computer data so stay tuned 🙂

Arccos is on order also, bday gift to myself, next Sunday.  We'll see if the missus got me anything golf related also 🙂

Thats quite a pot pourri of clubs you have going on there!

I've got that same Cobra Amp in a 4w. Put a UST Elements Chrome shaft on it and it's as if Mrs. Buttersworth and the incredible Hulk had a love child. Sweet, buttery, and just smashes! I'm yet to find anything on the shelf today that compares to my 7 year old AMP. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So not a trick OR lighting. It's a port hole. Not to be confused with a portal.. .. ..
Story: When we got our clubs, myself and [mention=55830]JudgeSmails[/mention] opted for the chrome finish. Well we both received 7 irons with what appeared to be punched port holes or possibly casting blemishes. Additionally my 5i had a pretty wicked rattle going on. 
We informed Lynx and they quickly responded that the 7 irons were prototypes for next year and that we shouldn't have gotten them as they weren't a finished product. At least that's how I understood it. Apparently the rattle was also a common issue with the closed models and the ports allow them to fish out any post-casting debris. Makes plenty of sense
The upside is that there is no performance loss and it's strictly aesthetic and not at all visible at address. It has however become a slightly negative talking point though as many people have taken high interest in the clubs at courses, range, PGATSS, Van's, etc and ALWAYS ask about my 5 and 7. 
Not only do they just look a bit odd, but the port just kind of looks like an afterthought. It's not precision drilled or milled but punched or cast as there's an indentation and it's rather off-center. Additionally the holes are just filled in with what appears to be a rubber plug of some sort. Ultimately we settled on what we got because after all we paid nothing for the clubs and they're still outstanding. 
InShot_20190811_194440516.thumb.jpg.d0b234a56806766db6ed5f82dbc10826.jpg
We didn't want  to  make much of a public issue out of it as Lynx did attempt to address it in a quick manner. I think we all had a feeling that at some point it would be noticed and questioned. After all we are dealing with world-class golf spys here. 
Hopefully the finished product will be cleaner with a more precisely placed and drilled/milled port and finished screw. Otherwise it'd be like buying a brand new porsche with a dented bumper IMO. 
Hopefully this helped without shedding too much negative light  on Lynx. They're still working  out some very important kinks in this whole process so I just chalk this up to being part of the groundwork to something potentially very special. 
Thank you for the explanation, I was curious if it might be a tungsten weight but in the video it looked a bit hexagonal. It had me wondering if they might have done it for some of the mid and long irons to add forgiveness. As a prototype club, I wouldn't see that as an issue but as a way Lynx is looking at ways to improve the performance in future clubs. Watching the video of how workable that 7 iron is, I definitely don't see any issues with performance.

The Prowler irons are definitely sharp looking, and I'm really rooting for Lynx to succeed with them.

9 hours ago, azstu324 said:

So not a trick OR lighting. It's a port hole. Not to be confused with a portal.. 🛸.. 👽..🤣

Story: When we got our clubs, myself and @JudgeSmails opted for the chrome finish. Well we both received 7 irons with what appeared to be punched port holes or possibly casting blemishes. Additionally my 5i had a pretty wicked rattle going on. 

We informed Lynx and they quickly responded that the 7 irons were prototypes for next year and that we shouldn't have gotten them as they weren't a finished product. At least that's how I understood it. Apparently the rattle was also a common issue with the closed models and the ports allow them to fish out any post-casting debris. Makes plenty of sense👍

InShot_20190811_194440516.jpg

We didn't want  to  make much of a public issue out of it as Lynx did attempt to address it in a quick manner. I think we all had a feeling that at some point it would be noticed and questioned. After all we are dealing with world-class golf spys here. 😎

Should note that Lynx sent me a replacement 7 iron, but it still had the same hole in it.  I'm not too worried about it, I don't think it will affect anything.

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

My gapping appears very workable with the 5-PW Black Cats. This chart shows club ranges in my 6 rounds with the Black Cats. 

image.thumb.png.7603606e4730dd2a9364325a28f0838c.png

Usage of clubs in some instances is still pretty shallow ( 5 and 9) so I think these number will smooth out some.

image.thumb.png.ce26a71c733a0463ad66907a27338a7b.png

Played two more rounds last week inducing an eagle Thursday and a round at Moody Gardens Golf Course on Galveston Island Sunday. In these two rounds achieved 2 personal bests.

image.png.1fa6ab8bf981969bbd9dac335fc8f8bf.png

image.thumb.png.2a1cf2eb661cb669925771679fbdd0d3.png

Had to throw this one in there even though no irons were used, I don't eagle very often.

Then there was Moody Gardens where I rarely play but it is very challenging. Hole 11 was straight into a 10-15 mph wind and typical of this track Lots and Lots of water! I only lost 2 balls.

image.png.50b55951f5e7c01112bdc4a482d2095a.png             image.png.a17791f5cb08e07f8a4154a856fd801a.png

image.thumb.png.e8a3fff1e8c821f9f25ab9c41c97ac03.png

Both rounds were played under a heat advisory here in south Texas 100+ degrees🔥

My game is benefiting from the improved conditions as we had such a wet spring and now in spite of the heat the courses around here are in great shape. The Black Cats have continued to perform well and give me confidence every time I step up to the ball🏌️‍♂️    

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

How many yards difference are you seeing in carry between the two?

I don’t have any launch monitor numbers but on course I hit the 8 iron 140-145 with a nice controlled swing. The 9 iron is about 135 the few times I have hit it. The 9 iron is probably the least used club for me as I don’t find myself at the right yardage to use it very often.

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Played on outing on Friday.  Hole #18 about 150 from pin center of green for our second shot.  Took the 7iron, with an easy swing and almost holed it. The ball mark was 6inches to the left of the hole.  We were on the next hole of the scramble before I even thought about getting a picture.  Guess I was just living in the moment.  There are a few things I will want  to address in the stage 2, but for now, they are trying hard to stay in my bag.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

For those playing the VT - is there anything you would like to see changed at this point?

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Well.. as much as I tried to like the Lamkin grips, I'm going to have my favorite Star grips installed today. Can't wait! 0813190651.jpeg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 8/10/2019 at 11:10 PM, azstu324 said:

So here are a few videos

This first one is to demonstrate the acoustics. The camera didn't quite pick up the PW and 9i like I'd hoped but you can still see a subtle difference. Toe strikes tend to amplify the sound.

PW Video. 

9i video

7i shapes. Draw, Fade, and Low. Please excuse the awkward hand signals.

3i Stinger

This one is the bonus video. The 3 and 4 are just low blistering rockets. So fun to hit!

Great stuff Stu!  On the last video of the 4 iron, after you striped it down the middle and walked towrard the screen, I thought you were going to go all Alex Etches on us for a moment.   If you know who he is, you know what I mean, if you don't him, check him out his videos are great and very humorous as well.   

Here's a link to one of his videos to check him out, he starts hitting around the 2:00 minute mark.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great stuff Stu!  On the last video of the 4 iron, after you striped it down the middle and walked towrard the screen, I thought you were going to go all Alex Etches on us for a moment.   If you know who he is, you know what I mean, if you don't him, check him out his videos are great and very humorous as well.   

Here's a link to one of his videos to check him out, he starts hitting around the 2:00 minute mark.

Oh I do love me some GolfBox! 😆 I wish my videos were as animated as Alex's

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

For those playing the VT - is there anything you would like to see changed at this point?

Still a lot of rounds left for this guy before we are finished but as of now my only complaint would be how the ball is effected by wind. I am contemplating putting a c taper lite 110 shaft in my 7 iron for a comparison. I already hit a high ball so I’m thinking the Tour 90 shaft might be exacerbating the problem.

Got data! 🙂

it took most of my half hour session at PGA Tour Superstore just to figure out how to display the numbers.  Then after getting 75 shots, what to do with them all.  So I took video while I toggled thru each shot. I just finished entering all the data into excel 🙂 .  Ball goes much farther in the computer, it seems.  

No conclusions yet.  Soon. 

20190812_191413.thumb.jpg.bb661cc33ed99c79bd1da45ff7abfd4e.jpg

20190812_191640.thumb.jpg.27bee0846f7c5549e72900c6ddbb0d78.jpg

20190813_111250_1.gif

Previous forum tests:

Still a lot of rounds left for this guy before we are finished but as of now my only complaint would be how the ball is effected by wind. I am contemplating putting a c taper lite 110 shaft in my 7 iron for a comparison. I already hit a high ball so I’m thinking the Tour 90 shaft might be exacerbating the problem.

That would be an interesting experiment.

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Here's some numbers from my sim sesh. 

The distances surprised me, and the spin rates seem low, but when I did driver, spin was 3xxx to low 4xxx, so who knows. 

I cant say whether the numbers are right, but we can compare their differences so here they are 🙂

PW: AMP Cell Pro wins for flag hunting, but the Black Cat is not far behind.  C300 wins outright distance but less accurate and less stopping power. 

pw.JPG.60377285339dbdef4cba0b9657d49ea3.JPG

7i: it looks like C300 wins out, especially in distance.  The Black Cat here is not bad though, and look at that 2nd shot!  I recall the feel of that shot being incredible.  But, a 30yd spread when trying to attack flags is a bit of concern.  Call that one a flier or maybe just the perfect shot?  Duno. 

7i.JPG.9eb26659f85aee010b6cdd0488ee190e.JPG

With 5i, I think it comes down to whether I want the ball to stop or to run.  The Cat hits the brakes harder, the wilson is LONG.  Not far off from my fairways and hybrids!  

5i.JPG.492c8db961766a67fe62e22ade9a1ad2.JPG

Like I said, these numbers seem a little amped.  Speaking of AMPs, it was fun to try the Rickie Fowler ish clubs again 🙂 the 7i was just a pinch too much muscle, I didn't swing the 5i, but I recall the 5 and 6 actually being more forgiving than the 7-8.  Different cavity.  

Anyway, I included the MB irons to see how spin rates and launch characteristics would compare.  

I still need a loft/lie check.  I'll visit a closer store for that and maybe see about putting these up against some other hollow forged clubs.  🙂

Previous forum tests:

Got Arccos!! 

First time out with it and my game went kaput.  Still managed 3 pars in a row and a 246 yd drive :).  None of these numbers will mean much for a bit though.  Things like hitting into wind or uphill dont seem to be accounted for, and my putter grip has a damn magnet on the end 😞  Oh well, sorry John Daly, time to retire the Loudmouth grip 😞

20190816_083359.thumb.jpg.503a16a50638261063d47a7cc3c9ab70.jpg

Maybe I'll just get that TA putter 😉

Anyway, stoked to see what this app can do for my game 🙂 and for this review.  

Screenshot_20190816-082627.thumb.jpg.2935cc431d24fa7d99efb07d57fc8625.jpg

Previous forum tests:

Got Arccos!! 
First time out with it and my game went kaput.  Still managed 3 pars in a row and a 246 yd drive :).  None of these numbers will mean much for a bit though.  Things like hitting into wind or uphill dont seem to be accounted for, and my putter grip has a damn magnet on the end  Oh well, sorry John Daly, time to retire the Loudmouth grip
20190816_083359.thumb.jpg.503a16a50638261063d47a7cc3c9ab70.jpg

Maybe I'll just get that TA putter
Anyway, stoked to see what this app can do for my game and for this review.  

Screenshot_20190816-082627.thumb.jpg.2935cc431d24fa7d99efb07d57fc8625.jpg
That's awesome! It is sad that you can't use it on your current putter grip. I bought a Superstroke grip and didn't realize it had a screw out insert that is used for counterweights and had to drill out the hole to get my putter sensor to fit in it.

I think you'll enjoy Arccos and the data you get will definitely be beneficial to you. I can't wait to see the results.

59 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome! It is sad that you can't use it on your current putter grip. I bought a Superstroke grip and didn't realize it had a screw out insert that is used for counterweights and had to drill out the hole to get my putter sensor to fit in it.

I think you'll enjoy Arccos and the data you get will definitely be beneficial to you. I can't wait to see the results.

Yea, I could drill it n fill it but I'd have to fill the cavity where the ball marker sat, which I immediately lost 😂.  Gonna see if Golf Galaxy has the Odyssey grip I loved.  

Previous forum tests:

Oh and the Black Cats were made for the green Arccos sensors!  Looks like they belong 🙂

Previous forum tests:

Got a  new Wynn Jumbo Lite, which is the lightened version of the jumbo Odyssey grip.  That'll go on tonite. 

I almossst pulled the trigger on a new Tommy Armour putter.  I wanted to see what the fuss was about with the Impact No. 3, didn't like it at first.  I liked this TA instead, which had this neat added feature:

20190816_122558_1.gif.09a45b3782ae873853bb16a02e10f41f.gif

Previous forum tests:

Gapping part 1

GW-7i

Was a bit hesitant to post this for 2 reasons. 1, the spin numbers were not accurate. The monitor that I was using requires a marked ball to pick up the correct spin. I wasn't using the marked balls for this session. 2, I'm working on a new-ish swing ala the Gary Woodland article in Golf digest. Trying to shorten and slow down my back swing a tad to gain more control through the swing. Needless to say my spin and yardage is not the usual. That said, the swing was consistent so gapping should be fairly accurate.

As you can see, my concerns definitely came to life as there is roughly a 25 yd gap between my 50° and PW. I can definitely afford to strengthen the loft to 48° as my 56° Bridgestone fly's about the same distance.

Part 2 will be 3i-6i. I'm considering including my 18° UDI. If you do or don't care to see it let me know. The 3i is also 18° but definitely not getting the same distance. My Dynacraft UDI is about 2" longer, graphite, and a much beefier head. Similar hollow design with cast body and forged face. It's a beast! sketch-1565920989304.jpegsketch-1565920834233.jpegsketch-1565921168327.jpegsketch-1565920709710.jpegsketch-1565921167988.jpeg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Good stuff guys. Keep up the great updates.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12