TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Lynx Black Cat and Prowler VT Irons

A little downside.  

Tried to install via compressed air.  It popped immediately.  😞 like a 9mm.  My ears are still ringing.  

Any chance the store will have some sympathy?  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

20190817_151236.thumb.jpg.4ff54725a437e5db88701e847c96f50d.jpg

20190817_151228.thumb.jpg.dfc5dc699574e392a17221e6b6168150.jpg

On the upside, I managed to remove the Loudmouth grip intact 🙂 and it held air no problem. 🙂

==================

UPDATE.  Kevin at Golf Galaxy, East Hanover, exchanged the grip and even installed it for me!  🙂

They ran out of blue somehow, but red is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🤟🤟🤟🤟 happy ending.  Back to golf 🙂

20190817_163109.thumb.jpg.08eaee1f7ad091a861c4a740d06c81f1.jpg

Edited by knightsofnii
Better news.

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Not sure what to make of all of this yet. 

Arccos works pretty well... buuut... it's not seamless.  An update mid round killed its recording for half the holes.  Yesterday it loaded the wrong course.   Luckily I have decent memory and I can edit in my shots.   Wait... the irons... 

Heres some screen grabs of what I have going on so far.  I'll have a full round soon.  

Screenshot_20190821-080507.thumb.jpg.d828d4cefbb6cbaa5987f676c37721f5.jpg

Screenshot_20190821-080156.thumb.jpg.26827df3741ffbf191562285efd0bb54.jpg

Screenshot_20190821-080300.thumb.jpg.874776ada086122f32e9b0242b7b6f10.jpg

Screenshot_20190821-080356.thumb.jpg.2aaebc071d9f263f88cc7d68f009579f.jpg

I haven't had many spectacular shots that went super far or really stood out. 

A lot of "just missed it" just outside dead center that are going hi, far enough, and stopping dead.  Only the thinnest of stingers are getting roll out.  And the sweet spot feels huge.  I'm mishitting pretty significantly to really be punished.  Except slight toeside pulls will go a bit too far, I've airmailed a few greens.  

Oh, side note, that putter grip feels outstanding.  My putting doesn't reflect that though 😞

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Played the worst round since high school today. I couldn’t hit driver, wedge, or putter today but the irons were good.
I am still finding that they are very slightly shorter when there isn’t any wind. However the ball seems to be extremely effected by the wind off the Prowler VT’s for me. I will be installing a c taper shaft into the 7-iron to see how much difference there is.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Played 18 at Dobson Ranch GC today. It's been 22+ years since I last played there and boy was it a fun and very challenging course. I'd completely forgotten that about every other hole is a dog leg right or left and completely blocked out by towering palms and pines. Unless you have your shot shaping in sheck, course management is a definite must. To add to that, the greens were pristene and anything but flat. They had all the holes prepped for a men's club tourney and pin placement was brutal. Overall I shot an 84 with a +3 on the front and a sickening +9 on the back. The +9 was just due to some poor short-game club selections and course management blunders

That said, both the driver and flatstick were firing on all cylinders.The irons.. Once again, I don't think I hit any horrible shots. Do I feel like I've got them completely dialed in? Not quite. I will say this though, that putting the Star grips on made a night and day difference. They're noticeably lighter than  the Lamkins (50g vs 62g) and just have a much better feel IMO. Because of the slight swing weight change, I'm feeling the club head more and turning over is no longer a challenge. Flushed quite a few longer iron shots. Hit a green on a par 3 at about 180 yds with the 7i. The ball stopped about 1' away from the pitch mark. That's some ZIP right thur! Overall another successful round with the Prowler VT's in the books. 

Here are some questions that I'm definitely beginning to formulate answers for:

• Are the prowler VT's any better than my current gamers?
  • Are the distances any longer than my current gamers" 
  • Is the trajectory any higher than my current gamers with the KBS Tour 90 shafts?
  • Would I consider replacing my current set with the VT's?
  • Do I like the looks, sound, and feel of the VT's any better than my Maltby's?
  • Is a set of 3-PW worth the $800 price of admission?

TEASER

So how's this for playing games? 

Anobody reads this post and wants an answer to any of these questions before the stage 2 goes up, I'll answer the first person who responds to this post with any of one of these that you would like. If there is another question that you feel is more imortant, feel free to call it out as well.

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Played 18 at Dobson Ranch GC today. It's been 22+ years since I last played there and boy was it a fun and very challenging course. I'd completely forgotten that about every other hole is a dog leg right or left and completely blocked out by towering palms and pines. Unless you have your shot shaping in sheck, course management is a definite must. To add to that, the greens were pristene and anything but flat. They had all the holes prepped for a men's club tourney and pin placement was brutal. Overall I shot an 84 with a +3 on the front and a sickening +9 on the back. The +9 was just due to some poor short-game club selections and course management blunders

That said, both the driver and flatstick were firing on all cylinders.The irons.. Once again, I don't think I hit any horrible shots. Do I feel like I've got them completely dialed in? Not quite. I will say this though, that putting the Star grips on made a night and day difference. They're noticeably lighter than  the Lamkins (50g vs 62g) and just have a much better feel IMO. Because of the slight swing weight change, I'm feeling the club head more and turning over is no longer a challenge. Flushed quite a few longer iron shots. Hit a green on a par 3 at about 180 yds with the 7i. The ball stopped about 1' away from the pitch mark. That's some ZIP right thur! Overall another successful round with the Prowler VT's in the books. 

Here are some questions that I'm definitely beginning to formulate answers for:

• Are the prowler VT's any better than my current gamers?
  • Are the distances any longer than my current gamers" 
  • Is the trajectory any higher than my current gamers with the KBS Tour 90 shafts?
  • Would I consider replacing my current set with the VT's?
  • Do I like the looks, sound, and feel of the VT's any better than my Maltby's?
  • Is a set of 3-PW worth the $800 price of admission?

TEASER

So how's this for playing games? 

Anobody reads this post and wants an answer to any of these questions before the stage 2 goes up, I'll answer the first person who responds to this post with any of one of these that you would like. If there is another question that you feel is more imortant, feel free to call it out as well.

Would you consider replacing your gamers with the VT's? If so, what are the top 3 reasons?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

12 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Would you consider replacing your gamers with the VT's? If so, what are the top 3 reasons?

Great request! I'll have 3 reasons for you later today as I'm out and about with the wife and kiddos. I definitely want to provide a well thought out and typed response. Stay tuned! Thanks 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

22 hours ago, golfertrb said:

So I've had the day to think this one over. Kids are in bed and the wife is at the movies so I've got some time to attend to this very important task that I've definitely set myself up for 😉 

I'll start with the answers (yes plural) right away. The first answer is No. I would not consider replacing my gamers (Maltby DBM's) with the VT's. The second answer is Yes I would consider replacing most other sets of clubs with the VT's. 

For starters, it's not that I dislike the VT's at all. to be quite honest.. there's very little not to like about them. So far they've lived up to everything that I would expect top-notch club to deliver. Fact of the matter is that the Maltby's are just that good of a club IMO and incredibly underrated. I knew going into this that the VT's would just have to be something extraordinary, and I would dare say life-altering in order to consider replacing my beloved black beauties. 

All of the usual categories aside.. looks, feel, performance, sound, etc, the DBM's just edge out the VT's and I would be happy to elaborate if anybody has any further interest. This is however a review on the Lynx Prowler VT's and NOT Maltby Golf Clubs 😎. It's really the special little details that I find make the differencec between the 2 sets that I'd like to touch on, and hopefully still maintain a positive light on the VT's. 

1. Uniqueness: I'm a guy that likes to forge a different trail in a world of conformity. I put value on things that can tell a story.. or at . least invoke conversation. From the very first day that I've owned my Maltbys, I've felt that my clubs represent who I am. You see them and know they're different from anything on the shelf at the big-box retailer but you know they're not just cheap knock-off's and are a quality piece of craftsmanship. The Prowler VT's definitelly fit the non-conforming bill (at the moment) and I love that! Conversations to be had are plentiful. The direction that they're aspiring to go however is more toward the mainstream crowd and away from their own independence. Not that there's a problem with that at all. It's just not my cup of tea. 

2. Price: This is where the DBM's and Maltby clubs really take the cake. Maltby golf clubs are offered exclusively through a company called Golfworks. Golfworks for the most part is a golf club compononent company who sells aftermarket components i.e. shafts, grips, club fitting and building equipment, etc. For an entire set of irons (4-GW) to be bulit to my specs with top of the line components in Ohio and shipped to my house cost me $400 (all in!). I think I paid $450 because I also had a hybrid added. That said, for a full set of Prowler VT's from 3-pw, I belive the cost is somewhere in the $800 range. Similarly constructed hollow design sets from competitors will easily set you back $1200++ so the VT's really are a good buy for the market that they're entering into. To further support how incredible Maltby is, they too offer a hollow muscleback-ish design with a forged face and a polymer insert (cream filling) that just looks asolutely stunning for around $450 (TS1).

3. Customization and options: As I had mentioned, the Maltby's are sold by Golfworks. Golfworks in fact is a company started and run by Ralph Maltby who has a golf club building and design pedigree to rival that of Bob Vokey. In fact, a guy named Tom Wishon was an understudy of Ralph's back in the 80's. With all of that, the Maltby golf clubs have about every customization option available down to the ferrule if one so desires. Additionally, the sheer volume of club design offerings from Maltby is quite impressive too say the least. The VT's left a bit to be desired in this category with 2 KBS shaft options and 2 of the lower-end Lamkin grips to choose from. Although the shaft and grip options are limited, I'm quite happy with my KBS Tour90 shaft and feel that it performs to the level of club that the VT is trying to live up to. 

Hopefully that was an adequate answer to the question and a unique spin on this process. Ultimately I'm quite impressed with the Prowler VT's up to this point and am hopeful that this relationship continues to improve. Each time I take the clubs out, they continue to impress and perform as advertised. 

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

So I've had the day to think this one over. Kids are in bed and the wife is at the movies so I've got some time to attend to this very important task that I've definitely set myself up for 😉 

I'll start with the answers (yes plural) right away. The first answer is No. I would not consider replacing my gamers (Maltby DBM's) with the VT's. The second answer is Yes I would consider replacing most other sets of clubs with the VT's. 

For starters, it's not that I dislike the VT's at all. to be quite honest.. there's very little not to like about them. So far they've lived up to everything that I would expect top-notch club to deliver. Fact of the matter is that the Maltby's are just that good of a club IMO and incredibly underrated. I knew going into this that the VT's would just have to be something extraordinary, and I would dare say life-altering in order to consider replacing my beloved black beauties. 

All of the usual categories aside.. looks, feel, performance, sound, etc, the DBM's just edge out the VT's and I would be happy to elaborate if anybody has any further interest. This is however a review on the Lynx Prowler VT's and NOT Maltby Golf Clubs 😎. It's really the special little details that I find make the differencec between the 2 sets that I'd like to touch on, and hopefully still maintain a positive light on the VT's. 

1. Uniqueness: I'm a guy that likes to forge a different trail in a world of conformity. I put value on things that can tell a story.. or at . least invoke conversation. From the very first day that I've owned my Maltbys, I've felt that my clubs represent who I am. You see them and know they're different from anything on the shelf at the big-box retailer but you know they're not just cheap knock-off's and are a quality piece of craftsmanship. The Prowler VT's definitelly fit the non-conforming bill (at the moment) and I love that! Conversations to be had are plentiful. The direction that they're aspiring to go however is more toward the mainstream crowd and away from their own independence. Not that there's a problem with that at all. It's just not my cup of tea. 

2. Price: This is where the DBM's and Maltby clubs really take the cake. Maltby golf clubs are offered exclusively through a company called Golfworks. Golfworks for the most part is a golf club compononent company who sells aftermarket components i.e. shafts, grips, club fitting and building equipment, etc. For an entire set of irons (4-GW) to be bulit to my specs with top of the line components in Ohio and shipped to my house cost me $400 (all in!). I think I paid $450 because I also had a hybrid added. That said, for a full set of Prowler VT's from 3-pw, I belive the cost is somewhere in the $800 range. Similarly constructed hollow design sets from competitors will easily set you back $1200++ so the VT's really are a good buy for the market that they're entering into. To further support how incredible Maltby is, they too offer a hollow muscleback-ish design with a forged face and a polymer insert (cream filling) that just looks asolutely stunning for around $450 (TS1).

3. Customization and options: As I had mentioned, the Maltby's are sold by Golfworks. Golfworks in fact is a company started and run by Ralph Maltby who has a golf club building and design pedigree to rival that of Bob Vokey. In fact, a guy named Tom Wishon was an understudy of Ralph's back in the 80's. With all of that, the Maltby golf clubs have about every customization option available down to the ferrule if one so desires. Additionally, the sheer volume of club design offerings from Maltby is quite impressive too say the least. The VT's left a bit to be desired in this category with 2 KBS shaft options and 2 of the lower-end Lamkin grips to choose from. Although the shaft and grip options are limited, I'm quite happy with my KBS Tour90 shaft and feel that it performs to the level of club that the VT is trying to live up to. 

Hopefully that was an adequate answer to the question and a unique spin on this process. Ultimately I'm quite impressed with the Prowler VT's up to this point and am hopeful that this relationship continues to improve. Each time I take the clubs out, they continue to impress and perform as advertised. 

Very well said. Your goal was to articulate an answer while at the same time speaking positively of the VT's and you were successful. I have purchased from Golfworks often (as early as last week) and Ralph Maltby and Tom Wishon are legends and you absolutely right in everything you said about them. I really appreciate your satisfaction with your current sticks and you made your position clear in your Stage 1 - so what I'm gathering the VT's are good just not "life altering" - not bad at all. What would you say is thr best quality of the VT irons?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I used Golfworks to aid in figuring out what driver shafts may work for me.  Then the right combo hit at 2ndswing so I pulled the trigger: 

20190824_145108.thumb.jpg.223f58d9f67b62a0b4e7a1e27564d3c9.jpg

20190824_145224.thumb.jpg.aac6c4904c3ce93c3f80f14a1d1af478.jpg

20190824_145126.thumb.jpg.7135587cc4e5788c3501c83223a2a59c.jpg

On several occasions I've had Maltby iron sets ready to go in the cart but backpedaled 

Previous forum tests:

Hi Guys and Gals,

Been working quite a lot so have only played a couple of uneventful rounds the last two weeks. Good news is that both rounds were pretty solid and my handicap is trending down! The stats below show my last 10 rounds with the last 8 played with the Black Cat irons.  image.thumb.png.5914393fc708aece7a6d4d2bc93ffbfc.png 

Without a doubt my improved approach numbers are the driving force influencing the lowering of my handicap.

Compare the 14 rounds prior to putting the Black Cats in my bag.

image.thumb.png.47b4945fa7876e5a927f202d5fa22bd4.png

Are my :titelist-small: AP1's doomed for the sale rack? We shall see as stage 2 results loom near🏌️‍♂️

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

I'm feeling that the biggest standout, without getting more launch numbers, is the loft and the spin.  The ball. Just. Stops.  Dead. 

Unless I catch one thin, I have confidence in going for greens and often just shoot for exact flag yardage.  

Lately though Ive been having a bit too much heel bias, moreso with woods and hybrids.  I need a range session or 2.  

Previous forum tests:

Had a really good practice session today. Took a page from Patrick Reeds practice book and stuck an glove under my right arm pit to keep my elbow glued to my ribs and force better back swing rotation. Worked wonders for disbursement and distance control.

I'm playing Ocatillo lakes tomorrow and as you can see, this course is not for the avid sprayer unless you are sporting scuba gear.. so gotta make sure my game is in check.

123688_10122018111500AM95489.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I’m hoping to get out tomorrow and Monday for some rounds on my home course. I wanted to play today as well but a sinus infection has my equilibrium off kilter so hopefully tomorrow will be better. I’m still on the fence about these irons and need a few more rounds, range sessions, and possibly a shaft change to make an informed decision.

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Play a quick 18 today and have to say that the Prowler VT’s are definitely consistent. When struck well the ball did exactly what I expected it to. However with that said, I am still a full club shorter with these compared to the A Tours. I am also a little over 2 clubs shorter into the wind. I’m playing again tomorrow morning but after the round I’m gonna reshaft a couple irons and see how much difference it makes.

I played another 18 holes this morning and today my swing was back. There was hardly any wind and the irons we're straight and true as expected. I only had 1 shot that was different than expected. I caught a flier and managed to hit a 6 iron just shy of 200. The only problem with that was I was looking for 185 to a back pin location.

Today just verifies what I was thinking that the shafts may be hindering the performance in windy conditions. I'm hoping to reshaft a couple irons this week and then get out for a few rounds next weekend.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Last Friday I couldn't get anything going and shoot 52.  Today, I settled in and shot my record low 40 for this front 9 🙂

The driver was working awesome, the putter was working, the sand wedge was ok but my chipping sucked.  The irons mishit mostly into good spots. 

I thinned a PW going for a 118 pin, it hit the back edge of the green and stopped on the fringe 2' away.  I made the birdie putt.  I'm stoked how the ball just stops 🙂

Hole 9 was trouble the whole way to a bogey 5, blowing my "39 watch" haha.  But Im super stoked.  The game came together.  I'm hoping the trend continues. 

The black cats are doing just fine.  I had a few rounds that were a bit yippy but I'm finding the face again.  

I'm gonna clean these things up and start thinking about stage 2 🙂

20190904_224538.thumb.jpg.af75ccfe2ae4710a7cb905c16de58460.jpg

20190904_205635.thumb.jpg.ecd88e1cbee737df5a1b8af4aac6d965.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-224711.thumb.jpg.84f9666a6c0fa1b6522d36987f7f5e43.jpg

Previous forum tests:

So it still feels like I have a lot of room for improvement, but this past week I definitely shot below my handicap.  

Following Wednesday's 40, on Friday I played 18 with my wife.  I shot 83 🙂

Yesterday I played the back 9 at Pinch Brook, a shorter county course, par 65.  There are 5 par 3 and 1 par 5 on the back 9.  I shot 39 there, which I suppose is 1-2 shots better than my handicap :). 

My USGA handicap at Basking ridge is now 18.0 🙂

The irons are great.  When struck "well", the feel is amazing.  The ball stops dead.  The flight lately has been straight or a fade of a couple feet, with an occasional knuckleball flight out of the rough.  Even those stop quickly because they're flying high and landing on a steep descent.  🙂

Screenshot_20190908-231459.thumb.jpg.abfcddb5201ce6dbc734ca16e3ab20fa.jpg

Previous forum tests:

So as we're winding things down and getting ready to post our stage 2's I'll drop one final teaser. I finally got my gamers back from by dad this evening and took them to PGATSS to rekindle that old flame.. actually I purposely gave them to my pops to keep locked up.. or in his case use.. and to stay fully engaged and to not have any temptations to muttle my testing. Additionally I wanted to have some fully developed opinions about the Lynx clubs before I hit another shot with my Maltbys. OOOOHHHHH boy was the result interesting! I'll also add that my dad is placing his order for Maltby DBM's tomorrow.. 😆

MAXFLI  Tour CG

6 hours ago, azstu324 said:

So as we're winding things down and getting ready to post our stage 2's I'll drop one final teaser. I finally got my gamers back from by dad this evening and took them to PGATSS to rekindle that old flame.. actually I purposely gave them to my pops to keep locked up.. or in his case use.. and to stay fully engaged and to not have any temptations to muttle my testing. Additionally I wanted to have some fully developed opinions about the Lynx clubs before I hit another shot with my Maltbys. OOOOHHHHH boy was the result interesting! I'll also add that my dad is placing his order for Maltby DBM's tomorrow.. 😆

Was? 🙂

Previous forum tests:

My stage 2 is UP!!!!

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Stage 2 is up!!!

Thanks MGS Staff, Lynx, and fellow board members 🙂 

Previous forum tests:

Stage 2 is up.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

My stage 2 is up.  Thanks again Lynx and MGS!  I await any questions or feedback.

My Stage 2 Is up!

Thanks to all my fellow testers, readers, and MGS administrators.

This has been a great learning experience and an honor.

I look forward to any questions and inquiries.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Jim Nantz's Toast's Stage 2 is UP

Thank you MGS - I had a great experience testing, and would love to answer any questions anyone has!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

On 7/26/2019 at 8:53 AM, knightsofnii said:

Lynx Black Cat Irons– Stage 2 Review by knightsofnii

9/12/19

20190912_075051.jpg.81ac2cab8051a82d1861d11bad42d69e.jpg

It’s fall of 2011, right around this time.  I’m a mechanical-engineer for a large organization.  I help design new products and modernize old products.  My personal focus is on safety.  I do a lot of 3D modeling with CAD systems.  An invite went out to the branch for a golf outing.  I’ve hit the range a few times in my 20’s and played a par-3 course once.  I have old Spalding clubs with Persimmon woods.  But, it’s been 15 plus years.  “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine!”  My division manager is partnered with me in a 2 person scramble.  He lent me a metal driver, and helped me with my swing.  I played poorly, but I did have a few nice shots!  I was hooked.  

20190912_080434.jpg.763d75e4e2fbc3d54ef18b4ce134e046.jpg

I bought a new starter-set from Dick’s Sporting Goods.  I got a discount card to Crystal Springs Golf Resorts: 7 courses in my area of northern NJ.  I’d play their cheaper courses as often as I could.  By the following year, I acquired a new Taylormade Burner driver and Mizuno JPX 825 irons.  During that time, I met my wife, Michelle, who also golfs.  Our first date (7 years ago today, 9/12!) was at a range.  Our five year anniversary is tomorrow.

Screenshot_20190912-152921_Facebook.thumb.jpg.69a253f582512771af7dce03615c8517.jpg 20190912_152959.thumb.jpg.8c51a06a28059865c3417e03474283c0.jpg

She loves skiing, and I love snowboarding.  I—love—snowboarding.  A friend and I own a small snowboard brand.  We build the boards ourselves.  We sell a handful of production decks, and a couple customs per year.  It’s difficult, but very rewarding work. 

Screenshot_20190912-153518_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0d6eabc478e557298e1c7f9155d505cf.jpg

In 2011, Lynx was cheap discount balls, and starter-sets at Dick’s or Golfsmith.  I never gave Lynx much thought.  I had seen photos and videos of Tour pros hitting shots, wearing Lynx hats.  “If only Fred Couples had good equipment!” I thought.  Little did I know, Lynx was a top notch brand.  I feel they’re on their way back—definitely trending upward. 

For testing I did some range sessions at my course to see if there was any tangible difference that I could find between these, my Wilsons, Mizunos, and Cobras.  I could not detect any distance differences.  If anything, these fly a few feet higher and have a pinch more hang-time. I was able to achieve this with all my clubs given enough shots; but, the Cats seem to repeat this high-hanging shot more.

I needed numbers.  I spent an hour on PGA Tour Superstore's practice bay in Paramus, NJ.  To save the shot data, I took a video while toggling through each shot recorded.  At home, I entered all the shots into Excel for comparisons.  I purchased Arccos for my birthday, to help track shots on the course, and see if there are any trends. 

pw.JPG.c76ac669f76ac1d4cfe10b4ef98f1aea.JPG

7i.JPG.36472f39533d14ee77e8ddee327ca86c.JPG

5i.JPG.72467d7e70929811299ad8c5120652e2.JPG

I also played the back 9 of my course with just irons and wedges.  This got me some more shot data and also familiarized me with my 5i.

Looks (9 of 10 points)

General Shape:

The top-line is thick. They’re definitely GI clubs dimensionally. But, the hollow-body blade-like-shape looks nice when in the bag.  Standing over them at address, the thick topline is noticeable, but the face shape seems slightly compact vs. GI irons. They definitely look the part of a hollow-body club designed for forgiveness. The offset is noticeable, but not overbearing like some other GI clubs I've tried. The offset gets more pronounced on the long-iron end. The 5i definitely has more offset than I'd like. But, it did not seem to affect my shots.

20190912_074955.thumb.jpg.6a5bb44c61b815e0fc44f4f05d0e797d.jpg

After some swings with each, I was comfortable with the shapes. After hitting consistently good and acceptable shots with them, I had forgotten all about offset and topline.  I want to subtract a point for top line and offset but I really can't. I was expecting a more forgiving, GI version of the Prowler-VT, and I think GI shaping is just a rule-of-thumb for that.  However, I don't think it's overdone.

The lofts are higher per club, to the point where the 7i to 5i are probably one club weaker than most clubs available except for players clubs (my Cobra AMP Cell Pro MB’s have comparable lofts).  But, even Players-Distance clubs have stronger lofts. Though it puts the Cats at a disadvantage in comparison, I think their goal was to use the technology itself, not the loft, to improve distance, while retaining spin rates, and—an added bonus—turf interaction. They also have greater bounce angles that coincide with the lofts.

The face has less rounding and chamfering about the edge compared to my other irons, giving it a sharper, but slightly chunkier look. The grooves appear thinner, and the paint-fill within them is inconsistent.  The rest of the shape is consistent with other hollow-body GI and Players-Distance irons.

Graphics:

The black face and body with overlays is quite nice. They definitely look different in the bag.  The black head, logo down all black grip, and bare chrome shaft (also logo down) is a stunning look. They are definitely flashy, though nobody has asked me about them. The green Arccos sensors installed perfectly match the green graphics on the heads.

20190912_075205.thumb.jpg.3eefc5968af4bd2bd964afcecbe0a887.jpg

I would subtract a point for inconsistent paint fill in the grooves; but, over time the paint fill irregularities seem to be blended out from wear.  The black PVD finish scratches easily, and about the leading edge on my short irons, it is wearing off.  Ignore the vertical scratches on the PW, I scrubbed the head with a dirty brush; however, that shows its susceptibility to scratches. 

20190912_075342.jpg.c9c9dcea2b45cc42c8d556fe76d91c0d.jpg

Bag chatter or something else has created a tiny dent in the top edge of my PW.  I don’t think it’s affecting performance in any way.  All in all, I put these clubs through the ringer.  I did not clean them, they chattered all over the place, I probably hit tree roots and stones under the turf.  I think they are mostly victims of “normal wear and tear”.   The finish still looks really good, albeit scratched up.  A perfect-ten would come if they figure out a way to apply black in a wear-resistant form.  If you dig black and you’re also a nerd about keeping your clubs fancy, get head covers. 

20190912_075313.jpg.56735d8f1719265ddf7e866909ccea77.jpg

20190912_075702.jpg.5a5294ddb8ebb8189bc102470065573c.jpg

Sound & Feel (10 of 10 points)

The sound is smooth.  I notice no real difference in sound between solid strikes and mishits. I don't really know how to describe that middle-road between a cracking and a thumping sound, it has a good blend of both.  There are no sonic quirks.  Looking back, a sound that is "nothing to write home about" is a positive:  it isn’t annoying nor troubling.   My new driver’s metallic crack on every swing is ear-piercing.

The feel is one aspect that stands out.  I have some forged MB’s and CB’s. When you hit those dead-center, you know and feel it. The Black Cats feel better.  That that "damn I nailed that!" feeling happens often.  I feel the ball compress, the face flex, the shaft deflect, and the grip dampen all at once for that split second. Verification comes when I look up and see the ball traveling up and away.  I hit a few tee-shots directly into the sun.  Based on feel and the first foot of trajectory, I could tell I nailed it, and walked up the fairway, finding the ball dead-center. 

My Wilsons, though very forgiving, feel quite opposite. They are often that harsh, stinger feel, even when just barely mishit.  Only perfectly struck shots replicate any type of positive feel.

I can say without hesitation, the Cats are the best feeling iron I have hit.  Mishits are pronounced when mis-hit: like that "oh I thinned it!" shot that goes low and rockets away.  Off the toe the feel is muted a little as well as off the heel.  The thin shots are definite stingers if they come off near the blade.  Fat shots are muted similarly to toes and heels.  Anything within probably 1cm to dead-center has a nice butter feeling.  This photo shows 3 consecutive toe-bias shots. All 3 felt awesome.  Any shot inside of those marks felt incredible.

20190912_075736.jpg.ae4cae366fb5a51d660789f95e783b64.jpg

I’d give 11 for sound and feel, because the sound is normal but the feel is amazing.

Basic Characteristics (18 out of 20 points)

Dispersion on the range seemed better with the Cats vs. the Wilsons and Cobras.  Launch data shows less side spin, more backspin, and less roll vs the Wilsons.   I believe due to these aspects, and on-course verification of witnessing the incredible ball-stoppage, I am confident the Cats will show a tighter dispersion. 

Distance is less than Wilsons but better than the MB Cobras, which makes sense due to the lofts. The distance still feels good. They seem consistent.  The Wilsons are long.   Distance gapping of the Cats is consistent.  Arccos does not really reflect this, as it is taking into consideration some of the fat and thin shots, shots into wind, uphill, etc.  I can aim at a 145yd pin with the 8i, take my standard shot, and have confidence it will be somewhere pin-high.  If it’s a 150-155 yd pin, I can choke down on the 7i, or adjust my 8i swing for a slight draw, giving it a few more feet of travel and 2-3 more feet of roll. 

Trajectory is very high. Stingers are mid to low, but slight thinned shots are still mid-high.  Shots into the wind do get punished, and I definitely have to club up.  Shots uphill work nicely, and still land soft.   I am not used to having the ball stop so easily. 

Forgiveness:

Toe and heel are not punished if hit inside the sweet spot. They do penalize me when more toward the perimeter.  Occasionally I'll get a toed or slight pull that ends up left and probably 10yds further than intended.  The blocked shot usually falls short.  These are the extreme of the mishits though. I think the most punishing of them is the thin shot, which usually just rockets and then rolls.  I hit my 9i 165 the other day when I thinned it.  Only the fattest of fat shots really hurt.  Slight fat shots fall short but not too bad.

Control:

I don't think there’s a club that is point-and-shoot.  I think these get the ball up into the air and can go far, but you still need to put a good swing on them.  I think they do a better job at hitting straight high shots than a players club, while maintaining some of that players club positive characteristics like being able to stop the ball.  Players-Forgiveness or Players-Game-Restoration are two new category titles that come to mind.

The control aspect that I love is seeing the ball stop. The steep descent angles and high spin really applies the brakes.  I can hit my Vice Drive logo balls, Tour B300-RX, Tour-BX, Pro-V1, Warbirds... they all stop, dead.  Applying a solid swing, and nailing the distance, is my main focus.  6i hits and stops inside 7-8'. I've gotten the 5i to stop.  This was a 6i from the rough.

20190912_075817.thumb.jpg.e71f9e174673c4c0293a4b949fc6bbb1.jpg

Workability:

Stock shot-shape is high and drops near the target.  I can aim at flags when there are trees down-range in the way.  On the range, I’m able to hit straight, fade, and draw. The draw for me is tougher and can be more of a mid-high penetrating straight flight. The fade is high but comes short.  To fade the ball around something, I would club up.  Mainly, as a high handicap, I'm focused on the straight ball, and accept a 1-2yd fade or draw when they come.

To hit a lower shot, I'm better off clubbing up, choking down, and hitting my "Bryson shot" (stiff arms, all body). Yesterday I kept a 55yd pitch shot below tree branches by choking down and hooding the PW, with a half-swing.  These things just want to go high. 

On-Course Performance (25 out of 30 points)

On high-pressure shots, these definitely are not holding me back!  I feel confident with these clubs and know under most circumstances, it's going down-range.  “It’s not the arrows…” has never been truer.  I feel I’m experiencing a reduced occurrence of mishits punishing me.  Mishits seem to end up leaving me favorable recovery shots, like not going half distance but ending up near the green. My 9-6 irons are hitting and holding greens.  I can hit the 5i and get it up and away.   They are performing well on sand shots.  When struck well out of a fairway bunker, they produce a similar flight to my fairway shots.  Fliers out of the rough have been minimal.  I did have one 6i from the rough that knuckle-balled and wobbled; but, it went the intended distance, and parked hole-high. 

Due to the high trajectory I had better luck when attempting to go over obstacles.  But, as I’ve said, my swing produces high shots with all of my clubs, and all irons.  I just haven’t worked out the punch-shots just yet, and it’s possible that my old swing may now be my punch-shot. 

I don’t have enough data to know if the KBS Tour 90R shafts are contributing to the height and trajectory.  I hope Lynx creates a 7i demo club hosel so people can try other shafts.  I do like the high, soft landing shots; and I feel that for me, the increase in GIR will balance out positively vs. any loss in lowering the ball-flight. 

Final Performance Comments:

I’m hitting greens and holding them.  I can aim at pins with short-irons.  I can aim at the center and hit greens with long-irons.  Everything stops.  I can hit center-green with the 5i and get it to stop before going off the back.  That’s what happens when real technology is applied to proper lofts, I suppose.  There’s no gimmicky jargon as a masquerade for jacked lofts.

I didn’t know the Lynx of old, I knew the cheap value-brand version of the early 2010’s.  Today’s Lynx clubs seem to be a much better effort and prove that they can hang with known commercial alternatives. They’re using current tech such as attaching a forged face to a hollow body, filling with dampening material, and altering face thicknesses to maximize COR and MOI. This allows them to have a super-hot and very forgiving face, and rather than strengthen lofts and say "they launch high", they use the hot face as the advantage and keep the lofts high, thus retaining high spin.  I think, in this way, they can carve a niche.  I bet there are 1-handicappers out there that will fall off and become 6's, and will want to retain the blade/mb properties as much as possible, but will want help with mishits.  These clubs will do that.  I bet there are high handicappers like myself, who are improving, but want their irons to stop the ball.  Distance isn't everything, I know how far these clubs will carry, and stop or roll a couple feet.  My GIRs are increasing and I still have GI properties in the club.

To improve this model:  Figure out another way to get black finish, maybe anodizing or heat treatment.  Make the grooves larger, they don’t inspire confidence visually, though they seem to work!  Try to thin and round the top-line more.  Figure out the paint issues with the grooves.  Offer more shaft options for personalizing flight.  Add X, Sr, A, and L flexes.  Add a 50 degree gap wedge.  Provide a distinct description of characteristics vs. who the target golfer is—it’s still vague.  Are they really for everyone?  Can a low handicap get over the clunkiness when they see the "Cat Claws ™” technology take hold and stop the ball?  Can they accept they can’t hook or slice them as much as blades, but retain loft characteristics as an alternative to Players-Distance clubs?  I think some can.  I think Lynx needs to include this; but also state why they are good for mid and high handicappers.

The traditional lofts and bounce characteristics are standouts. Turf interaction is great. Fat shots still hit the ball out moderately, whereas a more digging club would penalize fats far more.  A distance and shot helping iron that spins the ball is not common, if at all offered anywhere else.  I do love the black, I just want it to resist wear.

Miscellaneous (9 out of 10 points)

Packaging was an issue, but I lucked out.  As I said in stage 1, the box was opened, poorly re-taped, and damaged.  Nobody knows the cause.  Did the courier do it? Did the USA Lynx reps do it? We know Lynx HQ is investigating that issue. I appreciate that they have interest in us and are addressing feedback. In the end my clubs were not damaged, so I'm not worried and I'm confident they’ll solve the case.

Add a point back for their customer service. They responded to my emails promptly (i didn’t tell them who I was) with info I requested. The owners sent us statements apologizing for the packaging issue, they seem to have great interest in this review; and, to offer up 8 full iron-sets to amateurs is characteristic of a top-notch company willing to take the proper steps to take it to the next level.

My grip/shaft logo-down option looks awesome. They will do what you ask.  I bet an actual buyer could request shafts and they would accommodate (based on price difference of course).

20190912_074916.jpg.8861165e1d4069b88fb7541ff86b377a.jpg

Play it or Trade it? (18 out of 20 points)

Play it! They fly high, and they hold greens!  The other day I hit the 7i, downhill, 175, over trees, and it hit a back-sloping green and stopped dead, from the rough.  I can't tell you any other GI club I'd be confident taking that shot with. You will see photos all over this thread of bomb-holes in the green, and the ball inside 4 feet of it.  It happens all-the-time.  I need to figure out a low flying shot, but like I said, I believe that to be me and not the clubs.  Basically: club up, choke down, hit with less power.  Looks do matter, and they do have a bit of the chunky GI type shape.  But based on experience, now when I stand over the ball and look down at the club-head, I have confidence in my ability. 

Conclusion

Game-improvement irons today focus on distance, straightness, and launch-angle; but, it seems to be at the expense of what happens when the landing-gear is deployed.  Your 8i can fly 155 and you're using it for a 160-170 pin. That's rad. This 8i will fly 145-150, and stop.  Dead.  Aim directly at the flag. Look at the number on your scope, it will do it--no math.  Just pick the right club.  Spend a few days getting your carry distances, and watch your scores drop.  Is it really that simple?  No, but I'm sure the GIR percentage will increase.

Lynx claims these are for everyone. I would say every golfer can find potential in these clubs.  A low handicapper may find solace knowing these can stick greens because they don’t give up spin.  A high handicapper may enjoy the high launch, easy to get airborne characteristics, and confidence in 1-3 more GIR per round.  The feel is amazing and on slight mishits is also excellent. I think these would score lower on distance if they were in a MGS Most wanted.  I think they would get a "most forgiving" or some other "mini-award" within the contest for things like feel, spin, or value.  They would score low on finish wear and people might find issue with the thin grooves, even if they don't seem to negatively affect flight.

Final Score: (90 out of 100)

I wish to show my gratitude to MGS Staff, Lynx, donors, and message board members.  This all started with a donation, a lot of “pick me” posts, and settling in and getting engaged in some of the content.  Getting the chance to review equipment is an honor.  It is also very fun; and, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t doing a little showboating... haha.  Two product reviews for 2019… thanks so much! 

Yikes... I am not liking that poor wear characteristic.  That would drive me batstuff.  While the black finish on these and some other clubs I've recently seen look pretty cool, if this is indicative of their poor cosmetic wear, I'm staying clear.  Perhaps no one will ever match the Kryptonite alloy PING used on the PE series clubs, and that has undoubtedly set a high standard for me, but clubs should not wear this quickly IMHO.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 7/26/2019 at 9:09 AM, daviddvm said:

Stage 2 Placeholder 

Black Cat Irons Official MGS Forum Review

By Daviddvm                                           Sept. 14, 2019

Started playing the Black Cat irons 5-PW exclusively July 18, 2019 which has included several range sessions and 10 full rounds including one single round handicap tournament which I finished second in my flight.  Prior to testing, I was playing with Titleist AP1, 5-PW for 14 rounds tracked by Arccos Caddie.  I have played this iron set for 3 years.  I started tracking and analyzing my game utilizing Arccos Caddie in April 2019.  Comparing my approach stats for 14 rounds with AP1’s vs Black Cats (10 rounds) gives me data to draw conclusions.

Looks: 8 out of 10 points

The black finish on the club head with the white grooves that really stand out, I find very appealing!  The graphics on the back with the glittery green and silver effect is not particularly appealing to me, but it does draw your attention because it is different from most clubs.  The club shape is a little thick, but consistent with the look of player improvement irons.  At address, I really like the look of the club.

Sound & Feel: 9 out of 10 points

The sound of these clubs when struck well is very pleasing and is only a slightly softer sound when hit a little off center.  I would compare the sound to opening a bottle of champagne!  I find that very pleasing!  With the oversized grips, lightweight graphite shafts, and foam filled hollow club head, these irons have an excellent feel in my hands.  Even on slightly off-center hits, the club is very stable at contact and the springboard effort of these irons is evident on most shots with little loss of distance.

Basic Characteristics: 18 out of 20 points

Accuracy with these irons is no problem.  They are very straight, even on off center strikes.  The distances are consistent with my AP1 clubs, even though the lofts are weaker.  Trajectory is very high.  These are the most forgiving clubs I have ever played.  The Black Cat irons are workable when needing to play a low shot or punch is not problem.  Turning the ball left or right is a little difficult, but that is not one of my strong suits.  I work to try and hit straight shots most of the time and these clubs are very good for that.

On Course Performance: 27 out of 30 points

The transition from my AP1’s to the Black Cat irons was seamless.  I played my first round with them cold turkey on July 18, 2019 and shot one of my best rounds of the summer.  Two days later, I played in a tournament and finished second in my handicap flight.  The straight high trajectory of these club really gave me confidence in their performance from day one.  Plus, the forgiving nature of these clubs on off center hits is a great benefit.image.png.ff86b56f8a5833bbead504e6a53a71e2.png

I absolutely love the 8 iron.  I now try to lay up between 130-140 yards so I can swing a nice smooth 8 iron.-aC1KOY_QGKWHqahNzDK8g?viewBox=514%2C685&ownerId=A39NQ53IKRI2THimage.png.4ce60208f71cc17b8b2de47ac49fe443.pngimage.png.9cd9a94de2cbc8143f9f7457fd46e891.png  I used the PW for most of my shots close to the green, anything 110 yards and shorter, unless in a bunker or needing to play a lob shot.  In playing the PW, I feel it is a little difficult to get the spin I need to stop the ball on any shots with less than a full swing.  The grooves on these clubs are shallow, and I would be intrigued to play a next generation model with deeper grooves.EqiMT2ElR3avCVay_yRPQg?viewBox=514%2C685&ownerId=A39NQ53IKRI2TH

The ball really seems to jump off these clubs, and I love the dark club head with white grooves.  My handicap overall has dropped from 14 to 12.  More importantly to this evaluation, my handicap dropped from 17.2 to 14.9. 

Below are stats from 14 rounds with Titleist 716 AP1 GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLThlOTYtMzhhYy0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMltNkjJ0JdTJ87h6DYlEU0BwDpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAAACAQ8AAADpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAALzW6eSAAAAARIAEABvdPjQSB6pSZtU8MMor9ff&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019090902.10&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=luYWJyre30yUiX8JupB15nBji5dWOdcYMdLKX1VocFcq7naT0mj23KobEIAtMpB5CFy0H2PCdbA.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.Is9cNMYWEG-rBIKxBh1feNlfTZ0GRGh1Hv3cPPj5bPAj7OBYaRHv0nauFo2RRCZskYAz9BXppSLIkX_oxdLqWZBREe5_h-V8zCS8WyMX-haenq99eJY07wQy-WWO9gHE9PasRe70JVxso392fG4b12O1Z_sILrSo4l1__lZZ1XGoNu24nW2e_CxDLaURtPuoRXB1Nmjm7krvKqfauTGFfTYlu_yHNca7PratW3Nr43pbFXzbWSMXKJZHIiBRt4o-3Wj6DWCh12Y_qsoeMHIAijdyHPDd9zjkIGzPoJS7QE0HTtx4-St-Bld4bwCuTvn411EN7XbS3c4kERV-YUkNpg&animation=trueGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLThlOTYtMzhhYy0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMltNkjJ0JdTJ87h6DYlEU0BwDpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAAACAQ8AAADpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAALzW6eSAAAAARIAEADth7pCNxaZQbmqJrcVVjDC&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019090902.10&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=luYWJyre30yUiX8JupB15nBji5dWOdcYMdLKX1VocFcq7naT0mj23KobEIAtMpB5CFy0H2PCdbA.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.Is9cNMYWEG-rBIKxBh1feNlfTZ0GRGh1Hv3cPPj5bPAj7OBYaRHv0nauFo2RRCZskYAz9BXppSLIkX_oxdLqWZBREe5_h-V8zCS8WyMX-haenq99eJY07wQy-WWO9gHE9PasRe70JVxso392fG4b12O1Z_sILrSo4l1__lZZ1XGoNu24nW2e_CxDLaURtPuoRXB1Nmjm7krvKqfauTGFfTYlu_yHNca7PratW3Nr43pbFXzbWSMXKJZHIiBRt4o-3Wj6DWCh12Y_qsoeMHIAijdyHPDd9zjkIGzPoJS7QE0HTtx4-St-Bld4bwCuTvn411EN7XbS3c4kERV-YUkNpg&animation=trueGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLThlOTYtMzhhYy0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMltNkjJ0JdTJ87h6DYlEU0BwDpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAAACAQ8AAADpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAALzW6eSAAAAARIAEABOShKUb5icQ5MFw1PW4n2J&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019090902.10&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=luYWJyre30yUiX8JupB15nBji5dWOdcYMdLKX1VocFcq7naT0mj23KobEIAtMpB5CFy0H2PCdbA.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.Is9cNMYWEG-rBIKxBh1feNlfTZ0GRGh1Hv3cPPj5bPAj7OBYaRHv0nauFo2RRCZskYAz9BXppSLIkX_oxdLqWZBREe5_h-V8zCS8WyMX-haenq99eJY07wQy-WWO9gHE9PasRe70JVxso392fG4b12O1Z_sILrSo4l1__lZZ1XGoNu24nW2e_CxDLaURtPuoRXB1Nmjm7krvKqfauTGFfTYlu_yHNca7PratW3Nr43pbFXzbWSMXKJZHIiBRt4o-3Wj6DWCh12Y_qsoeMHIAijdyHPDd9zjkIGzPoJS7QE0HTtx4-St-Bld4bwCuTvn411EN7XbS3c4kERV-YUkNpg&animation=true

Below are stats from 10 rounds with Lynx Black CatsGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLThlOTYtMzhhYy0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMltNkjJ0JdTJ87h6DYlEU0BwDpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAAACAQ8AAADpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAALzW6eSAAAAARIAEAAJ01Q12U7qRYY2o2J2mbx1&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019090902.10&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=luYWJyre30yUiX8JupB15nBji5dWOdcYMdLKX1VocFcq7naT0mj23KobEIAtMpB5CFy0H2PCdbA.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.Is9cNMYWEG-rBIKxBh1feNlfTZ0GRGh1Hv3cPPj5bPAj7OBYaRHv0nauFo2RRCZskYAz9BXppSLIkX_oxdLqWZBREe5_h-V8zCS8WyMX-haenq99eJY07wQy-WWO9gHE9PasRe70JVxso392fG4b12O1Z_sILrSo4l1__lZZ1XGoNu24nW2e_CxDLaURtPuoRXB1Nmjm7krvKqfauTGFfTYlu_yHNca7PratW3Nr43pbFXzbWSMXKJZHIiBRt4o-3Wj6DWCh12Y_qsoeMHIAijdyHPDd9zjkIGzPoJS7QE0HTtx4-St-Bld4bwCuTvn411EN7XbS3c4kERV-YUkNpg&animation=trueGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLThlOTYtMzhhYy0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMltNkjJ0JdTJ87h6DYlEU0BwDpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAAACAQ8AAADpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAALzW6eSAAAAARIAEAAgT1BvtypORIdb%2BBYXoDxj&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019090902.10&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=luYWJyre30yUiX8JupB15nBji5dWOdcYMdLKX1VocFcq7naT0mj23KobEIAtMpB5CFy0H2PCdbA.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.Is9cNMYWEG-rBIKxBh1feNlfTZ0GRGh1Hv3cPPj5bPAj7OBYaRHv0nauFo2RRCZskYAz9BXppSLIkX_oxdLqWZBREe5_h-V8zCS8WyMX-haenq99eJY07wQy-WWO9gHE9PasRe70JVxso392fG4b12O1Z_sILrSo4l1__lZZ1XGoNu24nW2e_CxDLaURtPuoRXB1Nmjm7krvKqfauTGFfTYlu_yHNca7PratW3Nr43pbFXzbWSMXKJZHIiBRt4o-3Wj6DWCh12Y_qsoeMHIAijdyHPDd9zjkIGzPoJS7QE0HTtx4-St-Bld4bwCuTvn411EN7XbS3c4kERV-YUkNpg&animation=trueGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLThlOTYtMzhhYy0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMltNkjJ0JdTJ87h6DYlEU0BwDpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAAACAQ8AAADpmHIo9Sf%2BT6Lbkopqx65eAALzW6eSAAAAARIAEACSeNTLx2s%2BQrsLQBAEfejR&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019090902.10&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=luYWJyre30yUiX8JupB15nBji5dWOdcYMdLKX1VocFcq7naT0mj23KobEIAtMpB5CFy0H2PCdbA.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.Is9cNMYWEG-rBIKxBh1feNlfTZ0GRGh1Hv3cPPj5bPAj7OBYaRHv0nauFo2RRCZskYAz9BXppSLIkX_oxdLqWZBREe5_h-V8zCS8WyMX-haenq99eJY07wQy-WWO9gHE9PasRe70JVxso392fG4b12O1Z_sILrSo4l1__lZZ1XGoNu24nW2e_CxDLaURtPuoRXB1Nmjm7krvKqfauTGFfTYlu_yHNca7PratW3Nr43pbFXzbWSMXKJZHIiBRt4o-3Wj6DWCh12Y_qsoeMHIAijdyHPDd9zjkIGzPoJS7QE0HTtx4-St-Bld4bwCuTvn411EN7XbS3c4kERV-YUkNpg&animation=true

Increased GIR, tighter dispersion, and little loss of yardage on off center hits have been the key elements to improved scoring.68beeyUxSi2VHlmx6_s_cw?viewBox=514%2C685&ownerId=A39NQ53IKRI2TH

This is a 5 iron 168 yard par 3.

Miscellaneous: 7 out of 10 points

Like most of our testers, my clubs arrived after a lengthy wait in a beaten-up cardboard box with plastic wrap, brown paper, and very little protection.  However, the clubs were in good shape and came to my specifications.  The Lynx golf website Europe leaves a little to be desired, but they have recently launched the Lynx USA website.  This old company with new owners and new leadership are back in the US market.  It maybe an uphill battle for them, but I’m a fan, and I will be rooting for them.

Play It or Trade It: 20 out of 20 points

The Black Cat irons are player improvement clubs for Mid–High handicap players.  The price for 5-PW is $699.00 with graphite shafts or $639.00 with steel shafts.  These clubs are well worth the price.  My Arccos Caddie tracking stats have proven to me that these irons help me play better golf.  I have 3 more tournaments including the year end Club Championship, and the Black Cats will be in my bag! 

Conclusion:

Lynx Golf is coming back to the US market.

The Black Cat irons are a player improvement iron.  I have found these irons to be high launching, very straight, and very forgiving.  Playing these irons has improved my approach statistics being tracked by Arccos Caddie.  I will continue to play these Black Cats for the rest of this season.  Mid to High handicap players should consider these clubs when looking for a new set, as they are now available in the US market.

Final Score: 89 out of 100 points

Many thanks for this honor and opportunity provided by Lynx Golf and MSG.

I have had a great time!  This is my home for Golf!

image.png.a208db87d6192ed5fdf82a0857ee6a35.png

lynxgolfusa.com for more information.

Hey David, I may have missed it in your stage 2 photos (not all showing) but what are your thoughts/impressions concerning their "wearability" ?  Do you and the other testers feel this is a weak point in the design and something Lynx should address?

Hey David, I may have missed it in your stage 2 photos (not all showing) but what are your thoughts/impressions concerning their "wearability" ?  Do you and the other testers feel this is a weak point in the design and something Lynx should address?

I have the Gunmetal finish VT’s and wear is an issue, especially the white paint in the grooves. Obviously this isn’t the same finish as the blackcats but the Gunmetal seems to wear better than the black. I would say from my own experience as well as the pics of the blackcats, if wear bothers you I wouldn’t get either of these 2 finishes.

22 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yikes... I am not liking that poor wear characteristic.  That would drive me batstuff.  While the black finish on these and some other clubs I've recently seen look pretty cool, if this is indicative of their poor cosmetic wear, I'm staying clear.  Perhaps no one will ever match the Kryptonite alloy PING used on the PE series clubs, and that has undoubtedly set a high standard for me, but clubs should not wear this quickly IMHO.

Www.lynxgolfusa.com does not.have black as an option to purchase online.  

I think it's just characteristic of PVD, not their fault, PVD is just susceptible to wear

Previous forum tests:

Great, candid reviews so far guys... good job.  Hopefully the folks at Lynx are getting to see the reviews and can use the information to make improvements.