TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Lynx Black Cat and Prowler VT Irons

10 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

Www.lynxgolfusa.com does not.have black as an option to purchase online.  

I think it's just characteristic of PVD, not their fault, PVD is just susceptible to wear

Could be, but it may also be reflective of how the PVD process was performed.  For example, I have titanium-nitride coatings on high end HSS drills that still look untouched - while the same cannot be said for the set from Harbor Freight.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hey David, I may have missed it in your stage 2 photos (not all showing) but what are your thoughts/impressions concerning their "wearability" ?  Do you and the other testers feel this is a weak point in the design and something Lynx should address?

Thanks for the question, I like the dark club head and I do see an appreciable wear on the clubs that I have used the most. While this wear doesn't bother me much I do think it is an issue that Lynx will need to address because it will hurt sales. I can overlook minor cosmetic issues if the club performs well for me. But at the same time I usually sell my used clubs and cosmetic issues will devalue resale price. That is the main reason I use head covers on my irons is to decrease chatter marks. image.png.44e32562c6aee8c8697e1bdbf7f5994f.png

61 on course shots and probably twice that many on range.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

@daviddvm - still not seeing some of your images.  They just appear as file locations (or whatever technical term these are).

image.png.96f8079617fe58d6b585d5df2c161112.png

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

@daviddvm - still not seeing some of your images.  They just appear as file locations (or whatever technical term these are).

Hmmmmm, not sure what the problem is, are you on your phone?

I'll check the formatting, maybe I need to change format.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

2 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Hmmmmm, not sure what the problem is, are you on your phone?

I'll check the formatting, maybe I need to change format.

No, always use my laptop.  Maybe one of the Mods can help.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

No, always use my laptop.  Maybe one of the Mods can help.

I don't see pictures either, it's not just you!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

33 minutes ago, JimNantzsToast said:

I don't see pictures either, it's not just you!

2019-09-14_13-02-00_024.thumb.jpeg.cd423c8d7ee092b641d1cba6259176ec.jpeg

can you see this?

I can see that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

5 hours ago, knightsofnii said:

Www.lynxgolfusa.com does not.have black as an option to purchase online.  

I think it's just characteristic of PVD, not their fault, PVD is just susceptible to wear

I'm still finding it strange that companies are even using PVD on clubs any more. With processes like DBM (Diamonized Black Metal) being  used by companies like Maltby, Hogan, and even Cobra, and it's been proven to be a far superior technique. If Maltby can make a whole set of Irons and sell them for $400 I would imagine that the bigger guys with more $$$ backing could easily do the same. I'm going on 2 years with my Maltby DBM's and I've all but beat them to hell and back and the graphite black finish has only faded maybe a shade in color but there are no such scratch marks. 

LYNX please look into DBM!

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

6 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have the Gunmetal finish VT’s and wear is an issue, especially the white paint in the grooves. Obviously this isn’t the same finish as the blackcats but the Gunmetal seems to wear better than the black. I would say from my own experience as well as the pics of the blackcats, if wear bothers you I wouldn’t get either of these 2 finishes.

This was my concern about going with any other unfamiliar finish other than Chrome. Ultimately as far as alternate darker finishes are concerned, if it's not DBM (broken record I know) it probably can't be trusted. The Gunmetal looked nice but again I'll reference the limited detail on the Lynx website, I just didn't feel comfortable going with something different without any tech specs to  back up or describe the finishing  process. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just dropped the Deuce!

Click 👇 to read

LYNX VT STAGE 2

MAXFLI  Tour CG

6 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Just dropped the Deuce!

Click 👇 to read

LYNX VT STAGE 2

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💩💩💩💩💩

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

On 7/26/2019 at 11:17 AM, azstu324 said:

Lynx Prowler VT – Official MGS Forum Review by Stuart Marler (AZstu324)

“Hello, Again, Hello”. Yes.. I just quoted a Neil Diamond to begin my stage 2 review. When you really think about it though, not a bad segue into a discussion of such an emotional, drama-laden fling? (wait.. did I just give something away?) When we were picked to be a part of this testing partnership with Lynx and MGS, I think that I speak for most when I say that I knew this was going to be something very special. In my stage 1, my parting comment/question was “is the cat really back?” I feel very strongly that I was able to conclude a definitive answer to that question…  

As far as testing mediums, I really tried to mix things up. Golf in general is a sport that relies on the senses as much as technological advancement. Launch monitor data is crucial but so is getting out on the grass.

Looks (10 out of 10 points) 

In the world of muscleback player-style clubs, there really isn’t a better looking club on the market IMO. To re-quote myself from my stage 1 review “The Prowler VT’s define “classic” appearance. As you can see, they are clean, simplistic, and just everything that hundreds of years of golf history and present-day tech can put into 1 single club.” This opinion hasn’t budged an inch.

Starting with the top line: 3-7 is simply no nonsense. Fairly straight with very little top line curve. 8-PW shows more curvature at the top but nothing out of sorts from the rest of the set. Some sets from other OEM’s tend to get a tad spoony toward the shorter clubs.

inCollage_20190809_194622104.thumb.jpg.91f68cc6cf386292ecc0482cebd51afb.jpg

Toe: The toe has a moderate curve without being too rounded.

Face: Around the impact zone is actually slightly textured. I really think this plays a part in the spin #’s. I’m not sure if the grooves are cast or milled. They look cast to me but I’m no expert in this category and there is still very little information provided on the Lynx site.

Leading Edge: A very slight curve is present to help with some turf interaction but appears pretty square at address.

Bottom: Thinner bottom edge that very much resembles a bladed club profile.

Heel to Toe: As you can see, the heel to toe is pretty compact even for its category. Initially I was able to compare the VT to a couple of its class competitors (Ping i500 and Titleist T-MB) and feel that the overall profile was the more compact of the 3. Although a hair smaller, intimidation factor is minimal.

Graphics and Aesthetics: This is where Lynx put the cherry on top. The graphics as you can see are extremely minimal with just the cat logo in the upper toe, the brand and the model. What I love is that there doesn’t appear to be any extra unnecessary paint fill or excessive lines or graphics. Just the club number and that’s it. On the chrome models, it just appears as if the graphics are laser-etched or milled and that’s it. Another part that I love is that the clubs aren’t just shiny chrome. They’re a brushed look, almost as if you can see the grains of steel running through the clubs.

0809191936a.thumb.jpg.610242876ff1ca340a792727bb7dec79.jpg

Player appeal: I will definitely say that there was no shortage of player appeal. The clubs stick out but not in a bad way at all. It’s been fun to see the double and then triple takes from people as they first notice how attractive the clubs are and then you know they’re going to look to see which major OEM makes them.. then they realize they’re Lynx clubs, and then you see them go into “buffering mode” with the rotating hourglass in their heads as the “does not compute” message pops up.. and then the conversation begins. 

Wear and Tear: So far, there doesn’t appear to be any more wear than would be expected. There’s some bag chatter marks but nothing excessive or unexpected. I don’t cover the heads and I pretty much just keep my clubs in my trunk at all times so I’d say they’re wearing just fine considering. If you look closely at the bottoms, there are some turf/soil scratch lines but they’re not very noticeable as the finish blends with the scratches.

0915191948.thumb.jpg.a11c81445d3ca5467ab2366adb74b4f5.jpg

0915191947.thumb.jpg.edbd3a8947649e115881e89a731e598e.jpg

Sound & Feel (5 ot of 10 points)

This category is probably going to be the hardest to judge. While the feel is going to get a high grade, the sound will definitely drag the curve down.

Lets start with the not-so-good: The sound in general isn’t completely horrible. 3 through about 5 iron sound fantastic with a very powerful crack and an addictive feel to accompany the sound. 6 and 7 sound fine but with a slight ting introduced and the feel is equal to the aforementioned so really no issues there. When you get to the shorter clubs is where the cacophony is unleashed. It’s almost like you have a choir of clubs singing in perfect harmony only to be accompanied by a bag of broken glass as the instrumental.

The sound becomes so piercing that you forget how good they feel. The biggest downside to me is that there is such a dramatic range of acoustics from 3i to PW and this to me is a rather sizeable con. Lynx, if I could give one golden nugget of an improvement to HEAVILY consider with the Prowler VT’s it would be to add some sort of sound dampening polymer (similar to the Black Cats) or possibly even consider a single piece for the upper end of the set (8 – PW).

Let’s change the tune a little: Feel; When struck purely these feel AMAZING! Lets be very clear about something. They don’t feel as soft as a single piece forged club does but it’s a completely different feeling. With the hollow head design, you’re getting more of a trampoline effect. The ball literally springs of the face like it’s being blasted out of a cannon. When you’re in a good swing groove, it’s a rather addictive feeling that just makes you giggle with each hit.  

The one negative about the feel is that when struck more toward the toe (my miss), the feel can become pretty harsh and the sound definitely lets the world know that you messed up. That’s not such a bad thing though because it definitely lets you know that you mis-struck and need to make some adjustments.

Basic Characteristics (14 out of 20 points)

Initial Premise: Before the testing began, I had stated that I wanted to use the stronger lofts to a different advantage rather than being able to tell people that I can hit a 7 iron 200 yds. My overall objective was to see if I could slow my swing speed down (yes deliberately) and improve my disbursement and overall consistency while keeping my original yardage. Well I’ll say this right away, it didn’t quite turn out how I’d hoped. Slowing down an established tempo and swing speed to attempt to meet a specific yardage is very difficult. Swing speed and tempo need to be organic and natural to each person with a full commitment to swing through and compress the ball. When you’re trying to manipulate the swing to meet a specific number, it then just becomes unnatural and disconnected. Ultimately in order to have to most controlled and consistent disbursement and distance, I needed to be fully committed in my swing.

All things being equal calling it an extra club or however you choose to look at it, the problem that I ran into was that with a fully committed 45* extremely hot-faced PW shot, I was seeing around 145 – 150 yds of carry v.s. my current forged 46* CB PW that might max out at 135 yds. Well my Gap wedge (50*) distance is  around 125, 52* around 115, 56* @ 105, and 60* at 100. See the problem? With the VT’s, there is a sizeable gap of roughly 25 yds between my PW and GW. This often left me with ¾ PW shots that just weren’t nearly as accurate as a full shot could be.

KBS Tour 90 Shaft: This is topic that I know at least some might be interested in. When we were in the pre-build stage of the process, we were initially given the option of a KBS Tour 90 and Tour V. I immediately took to my home away from home (PGATSS) and put together what I thought would  be the closest thing to the Prowler VT (Titleist T-MB) with both shaft options to compare the differences and determine which one would work best for me. I had decided that the Tour V best suited my swing. Later we were informed that the Tour V option was not going to be made available to us. No biggie, just a communication misstep. I was however a bit bummed because the Tour 90 for me was just higher flying and spinning than I preferred. Gift Horse scenario right? So I just had to quickly get over it and move on. I quickly found out shortly after receiving the clubs that I was missing absolutely nothing with the tour 90’s. Paired with the VT heads, the flight is mid-penetrating without the ballooning that I was seeing with the T-MB. The shaft loads and releases beautifully and feels very smooth and is something that I can play the entire round without any concerns of fatigue. There are absolutely no “what-if’s” running around in my had regarding the KBS Tour V.

0717191246c.thumb.jpg.dd49c87af829db026be89522e4b83957.jpg

When you get to the distance irons 3 - 5 you really see something special with the ball flight. It’s just a mid-low blistering missile that almost has you thinking twice a bout using driver off the tee on par 4’s. In fact, I’ve started using the 3 iron more off the tee almost regularly when the hole is less than 350 yds out.

I mentioned earlier that when struck off the toe, the sound and feeling is less than desirable. Well to accompany that is the dramatic loss of distance. I did notice that a toe strike would result in a distance loss of 15 – 20 yds.. OUCH. One would think that this is normal for most player’s type clubs right? But when a major selling point is a variable face thickness to help reduce the damage on off-center hits, this can become a bit frustrating, especially after you’ve just shelled out $800 for clubs that you hoped would give you a hug after a mishit and tell you everything’s gonna be OK.. and not a kick in the biscuits.  

The clubs are completely workable for those shapers out there. As you can see from the video, I was able to manipulate a series of shots. I’m not the most consistent and accurate shaper of the ball but I know how when needed and the VT’s work beautifully.

On-Course Performance (20 out of 30 points) 

On the course is where I would say the irons shine the most.. and I’m glad for that. Theses clubs really are made for play and not just show. I mentioned that I pretty much sent the Maltbys to summer camp so the VT’s could get all of the attention that they deserved. An initial concern with a new set of clubs will always be about transition time and getting used to the new sticks.

I’ve been playing a club with a similar profile so there were no issues getting used to the size. I actually prefer the profile a little better over my Maltbys. The thicker top line helps add a pinch of confidence and the weighting is just right so you get a good sense of where the club head is at all times.

As I mentioned previously, toe strikes seem to be more punishing than other clubs in the category. Not sure about the heel end of the club as I don’t have a tendency to hit toward the heel.

I played a good 10 rounds with the VT’s and had probably 15 launch monitor sessions and while I will say that I was really making some good improvements with my Maltby DBM’s before being chosen as a test candidate, I didn’t take any significant steps backward with the VT’s. These seemed to plug and play pretty easily into my game. If anything, going through the testing process has allowed me to make some much-needed swing adjustments. Do I believe that the clubs themselves have helped me improve? Unfortunately no they have not.

STRENGTHS

·        Looks

·        Distance

·        Feel

·        Inspire confidence at address

·        Workability

·        Consistency when struck well

·        Retail price for set is moderate compared to competitors

·        Fairly soft casting allows for loft/lie adjustment

·        Wear and Tear so far seems moderate and what would be expected

WEAKNESSES

·        Sound with higher irons

·        Sound variations

·        Drastic loss of distance on mishits

·        Limited in customization options with shafts or grips.

·        Lack of available detailed specs

·        Not sure about living up to the claim of being a “Player’s Iron with forgiveness”

Miscellaneous (5 out of 10 points)

For this category I would probably add Lynx Golf as a company. Currently they are working to improve their presence as a major OEM. This test is testimony that they’re working to move in the right direction by putting their product into the hands of enthusiastic consumers like us.

Noteworthy accomplishments

·       Full club lineup to fit most levels of golf

·       Some groundbreaking tech that could make waves (Switch Face Driver)

·       Excellent customer service experience:

·       Environmental awareness proactivity

Areas for Improvement

·       Color schemes are a tad outdated on some models

·       Unclear Vision: They claim to be ready to compete with major OEM’s but still appear to be a boutique company. It appears that quite a few things need to happen before they can make this claim. 

·       Website: It has been communicated that the website is going to be improved but that hasn’t happened so its hard to know.

·       Lack of detail regarding club tech and specs.

·       Quality Control: When I received my clubs, the first thing that I did was have the lofts and lies checked. I had ordered everything to be built at ½* upright from Lynx’s stated lies. To my and my club tech’s disappointment, we found that nearly every club was off from what was ordered. Some clubs were off by as much as 3 full degrees in either loft or lie and.. some both. Additionally, I was one of the 2 who ordered the chrome set. I also received what we were explained was a prototype 7 iron for the next batch that had an off-center rubber plug punched into the toe. Additionally I received a 5 iron that sounded like a baby rattle. Apparently the hole in the toe of the 7 iron was put there to avoid having pieces of casting debris get stuck in the heads therefore eliminating the rattle like that in my 5 iron. While the customer service was outstanding in sending out a quick replacement, I received 2 clubs with holes in the toe and rubber plugs when we were initially told that we shouldn't have received those clubs.

1550489928_Screenshot_20190915-2321232.thumb.png.0ed79578151c990837268f800a1b4479.png

·       Open foundry models: The forged Tour and CB are clearly open foundry models and not original Lynx Designs. That really isn’t a problem as the irons are nice looking and undoubtedly perform well but this isn’t something that major OEM’s would do therefore adding to the confusion as to the direction of the company.

Play it or Trade it? (12 out of 20 points) 

So recently I posted a teaser letting the group know that I just received my gamers (Maltby DBM’s) back from my father last week. I hadn’t picked them up for nearly 2 months. I took them to the range for the reunion session and I was just in love all over again. I realized that while this short-lived fling with the Prowler VT’s was fun and exciting, that my DBM’s are really where my heart lies. The extra level of feel, sound, playability, consistency, looks, etc are just what I’ve been missing for that past 2 months. I took them to my favorite exec course yesterday (Rolling Hills) and in AZ dust storm conditions shot a 64 which is just 2 over par for the course. As a result of fostering my clubs during the testing period, my father demanded that I have him an identical set made through the Golfworks. Short story long.. Unfortunately I won’t be gaming the VT’s. The 3 iron however will be staying in the bag and added to the list of "cold dead hands" clubs. 

Conclusion

Is the cat back? Without a doubt. With what we’ve witnessed from Lynx golf up to this point, I feel confident that these reviews will be read by decision-makers and seriously considered. My prediction is that in the next 5 years we’ll be seeing the “Cat” on few tour bags and a club lineup offered at major retailers that will be a formidable competitor to the big brands.

Final Score: 66/100

Excellent review!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

@azstu324   

Seems our findings were pretty similar.  

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

17 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I've edited my Phase 2, reformatted pictures so I think problem is solved👍 

17 hours ago, daviddvm said:

Thanks for the question, I like the dark club head and I do see an appreciable wear on the clubs that I have used the most. While this wear doesn't bother me much I do think it is an issue that Lynx will need to address because it will hurt sales. I can overlook minor cosmetic issues if the club performs well for me. But at the same time I usually sell my used clubs and cosmetic issues will devalue resale price. That is the main reason I use head covers on my irons is to decrease chatter marks. image.png.44e32562c6aee8c8697e1bdbf7f5994f.png

61 on course shots and probably twice that many on range.

I reformatted pics hopefully everyone can see now.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

On 7/26/2019 at 9:17 AM, azstu324 said:

Lynx Prowler VT – Official MGS Forum Review by Stuart Marler (AZstu324)

“Hello, Again, Hello”. Yes.. I just quoted a Neil Diamond to begin my stage 2 review. When you really think about it though, not a bad segue into a discussion of such an emotional, drama-laden fling? (wait.. did I just give something away?) When we were picked to be a part of this testing partnership with Lynx and MGS, I think that I speak for most when I say that I knew this was going to be something very special. In my stage 1, my parting comment/question was “is the cat really back?” I feel very strongly that I was able to conclude a definitive answer to that question…  

As far as testing mediums, I really tried to mix things up. Golf in general is a sport that relies on the senses as much as technological advancement. Launch monitor data is crucial but so is getting out on the grass.

Looks (10 out of 10 points) 

In the world of muscleback player-style clubs, there really isn’t a better looking club on the market IMO. To re-quote myself from my stage 1 review “The Prowler VT’s define “classic” appearance. As you can see, they are clean, simplistic, and just everything that hundreds of years of golf history and present-day tech can put into 1 single club.” This opinion hasn’t budged an inch.

Starting with the top line: 3-7 is simply no nonsense. Fairly straight with very little top line curve. 8-PW shows more curvature at the top but nothing out of sorts from the rest of the set. Some sets from other OEM’s tend to get a tad spoony toward the shorter clubs.

inCollage_20190809_194622104.thumb.jpg.91f68cc6cf386292ecc0482cebd51afb.jpg

Toe: The toe has a moderate curve without being too rounded.

Face: Around the impact zone is actually slightly textured. I really think this plays a part in the spin #’s. I’m not sure if the grooves are cast or milled. They look cast to me but I’m no expert in this category and there is still very little information provided on the Lynx site.

Leading Edge: A very slight curve is present to help with some turf interaction but appears pretty square at address.

Bottom: Thinner bottom edge that very much resembles a bladed club profile.

Heel to Toe: As you can see, the heel to toe is pretty compact even for its category. Initially I was able to compare the VT to a couple of its class competitors (Ping i500 and Titleist T-MB) and feel that the overall profile was the more compact of the 3. Although a hair smaller, intimidation factor is minimal.

Graphics and Aesthetics: This is where Lynx put the cherry on top. The graphics as you can see are extremely minimal with just the cat logo in the upper toe, the brand and the model. What I love is that there doesn’t appear to be any extra unnecessary paint fill or excessive lines or graphics. Just the club number and that’s it. On the chrome models, it just appears as if the graphics are laser-etched or milled and that’s it. Another part that I love is that the clubs aren’t just shiny chrome. They’re a brushed look, almost as if you can see the grains of steel running through the clubs.

0809191936a.thumb.jpg.610242876ff1ca340a792727bb7dec79.jpg

Player appeal: I will definitely say that there was no shortage of player appeal. The clubs stick out but not in a bad way at all. It’s been fun to see the double and then triple takes from people as they first notice how attractive the clubs are and then you know they’re going to look to see which major OEM makes them.. then they realize they’re Lynx clubs, and then you see them go into “buffering mode” with the rotating hourglass in their heads as the “does not compute” message pops up.. and then the conversation begins. 

Wear and Tear: So far, there doesn’t appear to be any more wear than would be expected. There’s some bag chatter marks but nothing excessive or unexpected. I don’t cover the heads and I pretty much just keep my clubs in my trunk at all times so I’d say they’re wearing just fine considering. If you look closely at the bottoms, there are some turf/soil scratch lines but they’re not very noticeable as the finish blends with the scratches.

0915191948.thumb.jpg.a11c81445d3ca5467ab2366adb74b4f5.jpg

0915191947.thumb.jpg.edbd3a8947649e115881e89a731e598e.jpg

Sound & Feel (5 ot of 10 points)

This category is probably going to be the hardest to judge. While the feel is going to get a high grade, the sound will definitely drag the curve down.

Lets start with the not-so-good: The sound in general isn’t completely horrible. 3 through about 5 iron sound fantastic with a very powerful crack and an addictive feel to accompany the sound. 6 and 7 sound fine but with a slight ting introduced and the feel is equal to the aforementioned so really no issues there. When you get to the shorter clubs is where the cacophony is unleashed. It’s almost like you have a choir of clubs singing in perfect harmony only to be accompanied by a bag of broken glass as the instrumental.

The sound becomes so piercing that you forget how good they feel. The biggest downside to me is that there is such a dramatic range of acoustics from 3i to PW and this to me is a rather sizeable con. Lynx, if I could give one golden nugget of an improvement to HEAVILY consider with the Prowler VT’s it would be to add some sort of sound dampening polymer (similar to the Black Cats) or possibly even consider a single piece for the upper end of the set (8 – PW).

Let’s change the tune a little: Feel; When struck purely these feel AMAZING! Lets be very clear about something. They don’t feel as soft as a single piece forged club does but it’s a completely different feeling. With the hollow head design, you’re getting more of a trampoline effect. The ball literally springs of the face like it’s being blasted out of a cannon. When you’re in a good swing groove, it’s a rather addictive feeling that just makes you giggle with each hit.  

The one negative about the feel is that when struck more toward the toe (my miss), the feel can become pretty harsh and the sound definitely lets the world know that you messed up. That’s not such a bad thing though because it definitely lets you know that you mis-struck and need to make some adjustments.

Basic Characteristics (14 out of 20 points)

Initial Premise: Before the testing began, I had stated that I wanted to use the stronger lofts to a different advantage rather than being able to tell people that I can hit a 7 iron 200 yds. My overall objective was to see if I could slow my swing speed down (yes deliberately) and improve my disbursement and overall consistency while keeping my original yardage. Well I’ll say this right away, it didn’t quite turn out how I’d hoped. Slowing down an established tempo and swing speed to attempt to meet a specific yardage is very difficult. Swing speed and tempo need to be organic and natural to each person with a full commitment to swing through and compress the ball. When you’re trying to manipulate the swing to meet a specific number, it then just becomes unnatural and disconnected. Ultimately in order to have to most controlled and consistent disbursement and distance, I needed to be fully committed in my swing.

All things being equal calling it an extra club or however you choose to look at it, the problem that I ran into was that with a fully committed 45* extremely hot-faced PW shot, I was seeing around 145 – 150 yds of carry v.s. my current forged 46* CB PW that might max out at 135 yds. Well my Gap wedge (50*) distance is  around 125, 52* around 115, 56* @ 105, and 60* at 100. See the problem? With the VT’s, there is a sizeable gap of roughly 25 yds between my PW and GW. This often left me with ¾ PW shots that just weren’t nearly as accurate as a full shot could be.

KBS Tour 90 Shaft: This is topic that I know at least some might be interested in. When we were in the pre-build stage of the process, we were initially given the option of a KBS Tour 90 and Tour V. I immediately took to my home away from home (PGATSS) and put together what I thought would  be the closest thing to the Prowler VT (Titleist T-MB) with both shaft options to compare the differences and determine which one would work best for me. I had decided that the Tour V best suited my swing. Later we were informed that the Tour V option was not going to be made available to us. No biggie, just a communication misstep. I was however a bit bummed because the Tour 90 for me was just higher flying and spinning than I preferred. Gift Horse scenario right? So I just had to quickly get over it and move on. I quickly found out shortly after receiving the clubs that I was missing absolutely nothing with the tour 90’s. Paired with the VT heads, the flight is mid-penetrating without the ballooning that I was seeing with the T-MB. The shaft loads and releases beautifully and feels very smooth and is something that I can play the entire round without any concerns of fatigue. There are absolutely no “what-if’s” running around in my had regarding the KBS Tour V.

0717191246c.thumb.jpg.dd49c87af829db026be89522e4b83957.jpg

When you get to the distance irons 3 - 5 you really see something special with the ball flight. It’s just a mid-low blistering missile that almost has you thinking twice a bout using driver off the tee on par 4’s. In fact, I’ve started using the 3 iron more off the tee almost regularly when the hole is less than 350 yds out.

I mentioned earlier that when struck off the toe, the sound and feeling is less than desirable. Well to accompany that is the dramatic loss of distance. I did notice that a toe strike would result in a distance loss of 15 – 20 yds.. OUCH. One would think that this is normal for most player’s type clubs right? But when a major selling point is a variable face thickness to help reduce the damage on off-center hits, this can become a bit frustrating, especially after you’ve just shelled out $800 for clubs that you hoped would give you a hug after a mishit and tell you everything’s gonna be OK.. and not a kick in the biscuits.  

The clubs are completely workable for those shapers out there. As you can see from the video, I was able to manipulate a series of shots. I’m not the most consistent and accurate shaper of the ball but I know how when needed and the VT’s work beautifully.

On-Course Performance (20 out of 30 points) 

On the course is where I would say the irons shine the most.. and I’m glad for that. Theses clubs really are made for play and not just show. I mentioned that I pretty much sent the Maltbys to summer camp so the VT’s could get all of the attention that they deserved. An initial concern with a new set of clubs will always be about transition time and getting used to the new sticks.

I’ve been playing a club with a similar profile so there were no issues getting used to the size. I actually prefer the profile a little better over my Maltbys. The thicker top line helps add a pinch of confidence and the weighting is just right so you get a good sense of where the club head is at all times.

As I mentioned previously, toe strikes seem to be more punishing than other clubs in the category. Not sure about the heel end of the club as I don’t have a tendency to hit toward the heel.

I played a good 10 rounds with the VT’s and had probably 15 launch monitor sessions and while I will say that I was really making some good improvements with my Maltby DBM’s before being chosen as a test candidate, I didn’t take any significant steps backward with the VT’s. These seemed to plug and play pretty easily into my game. If anything, going through the testing process has allowed me to make some much-needed swing adjustments. Do I believe that the clubs themselves have helped me improve? Unfortunately no they have not.

STRENGTHS

·        Looks

·        Distance

·        Feel

·        Inspire confidence at address

·        Workability

·        Consistency when struck well

·        Retail price for set is moderate compared to competitors

·        Fairly soft casting allows for loft/lie adjustment

·        Wear and Tear so far seems moderate and what would be expected

WEAKNESSES

·        Sound with higher irons

·        Sound variations

·        Drastic loss of distance on mishits

·        Limited in customization options with shafts or grips.

·        Lack of available detailed specs

·        Not sure about living up to the claim of being a “Player’s Iron with forgiveness”

Miscellaneous (5 out of 10 points)

For this category I would probably add Lynx Golf as a company. Currently they are working to improve their presence as a major OEM. This test is testimony that they’re working to move in the right direction by putting their product into the hands of enthusiastic consumers like us.

Noteworthy accomplishments

·       Full club lineup to fit most levels of golf

·       Some groundbreaking tech that could make waves (Switch Face Driver)

·       Excellent customer service experience:

·       Environmental awareness proactivity

Areas for Improvement

·       Color schemes are a tad outdated on some models

·       Unclear Vision: They claim to be ready to compete with major OEM’s but still appear to be a boutique company. It appears that quite a few things need to happen before they can make this claim. 

·       Website: It has been communicated that the website is going to be improved but that hasn’t happened so its hard to know.

·       Lack of detail regarding club tech and specs.

·       Quality Control: When I received my clubs, the first thing that I did was have the lofts and lies checked. I had ordered everything to be built at ½* upright from Lynx’s stated lies. To my and my club tech’s disappointment, we found that nearly every club was off from what was ordered. Some clubs were off by as much as 3 full degrees in either loft or lie and.. some both. Additionally, I was one of the 2 who ordered the chrome set. I also received what we were explained was a prototype 7 iron for the next batch that had an off-center rubber plug punched into the toe. Additionally I received a 5 iron that sounded like a baby rattle. Apparently the hole in the toe of the 7 iron was put there to avoid having pieces of casting debris get stuck in the heads therefore eliminating the rattle like that in my 5 iron. While the customer service was outstanding in sending out a quick replacement, I received 2 clubs with holes in the toe and rubber plugs when we were initially told that we shouldn't have received those clubs.

1550489928_Screenshot_20190915-2321232.thumb.png.0ed79578151c990837268f800a1b4479.png

·       Open foundry models: The forged Tour and CB are clearly open foundry models and not original Lynx Designs. That really isn’t a problem as the irons are nice looking and undoubtedly perform well but this isn’t something that major OEM’s would do therefore adding to the confusion as to the direction of the company.

Play it or Trade it? (12 out of 20 points) 

So recently I posted a teaser letting the group know that I just received my gamers (Maltby DBM’s) back from my father last week. I hadn’t picked them up for nearly 2 months. I took them to the range for the reunion session and I was just in love all over again. I realized that while this short-lived fling with the Prowler VT’s was fun and exciting, that my DBM’s are really where my heart lies. The extra level of feel, sound, playability, consistency, looks, etc are just what I’ve been missing for that past 2 months. I took them to my favorite exec course yesterday (Rolling Hills) and in AZ dust storm conditions shot a 64 which is just 2 over par for the course. As a result of fostering my clubs during the testing period, my father demanded that I have him an identical set made through the Golfworks. Short story long.. Unfortunately I won’t be gaming the VT’s. The 3 iron however will be staying in the bag and added to the list of "cold dead hands" clubs. 

Conclusion

Is the cat back? Without a doubt. With what we’ve witnessed from Lynx golf up to this point, I feel confident that these reviews will be read by decision-makers and seriously considered. My prediction is that in the next 5 years we’ll be seeing the “Cat” on few tour bags and a club lineup offered at major retailers that will be a formidable competitor to the big brands.

Final Score: 66/100

Nice review!  I like your shot shape demo/video.  I also like that little "hitch" in your start of swing giddyup 😀.  How do you like living in Chandler, AZ?

On 7/26/2019 at 8:11 AM, Jmikecpa said:

Lynx Prowler VT – Official MGS Forum Review by Jmikecpa

Intro

Again, I would like to give say thank you to Lynx and MGS for giving me the opportunity to test the Prowler VT irons.  When these arrived, all I could think looking down at these were that finally a set of irons that were made for a guy like me.  There was little doubt on first site that these would not go right into the bag, but during testing I found some real reasons that these just may not make the cut and also a lot that I really liked about them. 

For my testing the bulk of the time was spent on the course with either the Prowler VT irons in my bag as the gamers or sharing some time with the beloved Titleist 716 TMBs to try and get a side by side comparison under playing conditions.  I also hit the 3 and 4 irons up against a few other utility irons that I had around the house to see if there was a niche for the long irons to slot into possibly a mixed set.

Looks (10 out of 10 points) 

In a word….stunning.  I went with the gunmetal finish just for something different and these are a shape that I can get on board with.  My gamers for the bulk of the last few years have been a full set of Titleist TMBs and these are shaped essentially the same with a little more squared off toe and from the eye test a little less offset. To me these have the look of a classic blade but I just know that there is a little help there when you need it. Had I been able to choose over I would have gone with the more traditional finish as the gunmetal is just not going to hold up very well over time.  That being said these are just a sexy looking club with very understated graphics that just say pure class.

Unknown-6.jpeg.4d2f679aae34ee31579b295b82b7bd76.jpeg

Unknown-5.jpeg.59f82d0e29401255c41d872a4c9aca54.jpeg

Sound & Feel (8 out of 10 points)

Feel is a very subjective area and for the Prowler VT I quite enjoyed the feel of the irons.  Well struck shots are just a pure feel with a sound a bit on the clicky side, but nothing that even remotely bothered me one bit. On mishits the sound is a bit high pitched compared to a flushed shot but again nothing that really bothered me or surprised me one bit.  Overall these had the sound and feel that I would expect from an iron in this class.  Not as muted at my TMBs but not nearly as loud as the Ping G700s.

Basic Characteristics (16 out of 20 points)

Over the course of testing these irons I spent a lot of time on the range working with them; actually a lot more range time than I am normally used to.  My first impression on the range was that these were just flat out long and actually almost a club longer than what I was currently playing which was at times a good feature but mostly something that I was not looking for. Across the set these are just about a degree stronger than my TMBs, which is surely not enough to gain that much distance.  This leads into my main issue with these irons and that was the shafts.  

If I were going for a fitting I am not sure that KBS Tour 90s shafts would ever be my first choice.  In full disclosure I played these exact shafts in a set of Apex Pros for a little over a year with a lot of success and even made my first ace with this setup.  However; that was several years ago when I was battling injuries that mainly affected how hard I could go after an iron as well as angle of attack.  My swing has a lot of speed but as you can see from the video still fairly smooth with a smooth transition.  The choice of shafts in these irons led to a lot of what I did not like about the clubs.

https://youtu.be/nQNWbxG17VA

The shafts caused a few other issues for me in terms of peak height and control.  The peak height for a 7 iron was on average about 8 yards (yes, 8 yards) higher than my TMBs and on average around 12 yards higher than my Epic Pros.  As I play the majority of my golf on the south shore of Long Island in the wind this was no bueno.  As much as I tried these were just not capable of keeping the ball down which was my fear with a high launch head with a light shaft.  Just not a combo that I would be able to play day in and day out at my club although the 205 yard downwind 8 iron is a great trick shot to have in the bag.  From a control perspective this combo was challenging.  I felt that the normal ¾ and touch shots that I like to hit on the course were just not possible.  Dialing in the flight and the yardage that I am used to was just at most times a fruitless exercise on the range and something that I felt that I needed to do on the course so more on that later.

Surprisingly the dispersion with this combo was quite good.  I have gone from primarily playing a draw most of my life to a nice baby cut the last two seasons.  I was able to replicate my normal shot shape over and over with the Prowler VTs and turn it over when I need that shot.  My fear was that I would have issues with turning the ball over too much when I was trying to really go after one and that was not the case.  For the most part the shafts held up to some really hard takes at the ball.  

Now onto the really good with the Prowler VT irons and that is forgiveness.  In full disclosure I am a scratch to a plus player and generally an above average ball striker so I am giving my perspective on forgiveness as it relates to my game.  Shots that are a groove too low lose next to no distance and the same with shots a little bit high on the face.  Toe strikes lose close to half a club which is what I would expect and the only real penal area on the irons is low heel.  I purposely hit shots all over the face to see what results I would get and these exceeded my expectations see as these do not have some of the same features as the TMBs or i500s with tungsten and such.

To go off script a little bit I would like to give some perspective on the long irons; specifically the three and the four iron.  If you have read some of my reviews in the past I have indicated that long irons have historically not been my friend and for years I carried nothing less than I five iron and at least two hybrids.  That all changed when the Adams DHY was released and then the Tour Edge Exotics CBH Pro which led to a 712u from Titleist and so on and so forth. Over the last five or so years I have had a 2 iron in the bag and at least carried a 4 iron as my stock set up. Currently I have an X Forged UT 21* with and ADDI 95s tipped and inch and half an inch long in the bag that I play as a 3.5 iron.  

With all the issues that I had above with the full set the shafts and the flight with the long irons was great and exactly what I would be looking for; high launch and mid spin in the top end of the bag.  Very versatile off the tee and the fairway and really nice when going for a par 5 in two or into a long par 4.  No issues with holding the green and the shot shape and trajectory were not only consistent but repeatable.  These really fit the mold of something like the TMB as opposed to other “utility irons” as they just blend with the set.  Compared to the X Forged UT or even the 712u these give me more of the feeling that I am hitting an iron from the set as opposed to an iron that is meant to compliment the set. For me the long irons were the shining stars of the set and I would not change one thing in the 3 and 4 irons.  

Unknown-4.jpeg.598206c2cb6d9f81d0f9c01f3aa8fa32.jpeg

From top to bottom Lynx Prowler VT, Titleist TMB, Titleist 712u, Callaway X Proto 18*

Just to note, from a range perspective these performed exactly as designed and I cannot take too many points away just because they were not exactly for me.  Overall these irons performed as advertised. 

On-Course Performance (14 out of 30 points)

This is the area that is the most difficult to write for me because I just could not get along with these irons on the course.  These were either in my bag as my gamers or in the bag hitting shots compared to my gamers and at the end of the day I just could not get consistent results.  I will say that there were some great shots hit with these irons, but at the end of the day I could not trust hitting just about any shot with the Prowler VT irons under pressure.  

As on the range the Prowler VTs produced iron shots that launched high and flew for what seemed like forever. On the course a stock 7 iron was carrying on average 183 yards as compared to 174 yards with my Titleist TMBs. Not a huge deal when there was no wind but into the wind I was having to hit a 5 iron into what would have been a one club wind with my gamers.  This constant math not only led to some poor swings but also some poor results on well executed shots.  During my first round with the irons on the course I needed a par on 18 to shoot even par for the day.  #18 is a 437 yard par 4 with water short of the green and the pin back middle.  Nice drive in the fairway leaving me 159 yards into a one club wind.  Pulled and 8 iron and flushed it ten yards over the back of the green that I did not get up and down for par.  Just for fun I went back out about 20 minutes later and hit the shot with a 9 iron and dumped two flushed 9 irons in the water short.  There was close to 30 yards difference in the irons and that was just not a great start.  In one shot on one hole this sums up my experience with these irons.  I was just never sure how far they were going to go and at my level of playing consistency is key for iron play.

What I will say about these irons is that on days where I am not trying to figure out the wind they are just a blast to play.  I went out around 10 times with my son on weekend afternoons and played irons only rounds off of his tees and on calm days these performed great.  My low round was -2 paying the course at around 6,000 yards and my high was a 77 in the wind.  

Rather than beat a dead horse these irons set up as they are were just not going to work for me on the course. That being said there was a lot that was good about these and I have a plan for the offseason.

Miscellaneous (4 out of 10 points)

Some random thoughts….

·       I am darn glad that Lynx is back and really hope that they succeed in a tough industry.  

·     The shaft line just needs to be expanded in stock offerings. One steel shaft offering is just not going to cut it.

·     Update Google for the new website.

·     As was already addressed but as a reminder, packaging needs to be reviewed.

Play it or Trade it? (16 out of 20 points)

To get to the point, neither.  With winter quickly approaching I am going to take these back to the drawing board over the offseason.  There is a lot of really good about these irons, but just can’t get over the fact that they are not set up for my game.  I hit a lot of really good shots with these but also some really poor and at the end of the day I can’t have indecision in the back of my head over every iron shot.  With that said here is the plan.  I am going to do a rebuild on the irons to get them to something that should reasonably work for me.  As I keep saying there is just too much good and too much to like about these irons to just cut bait with them over the stock shaft.  I think keeping the 3 and 4 iron the same is a good move and then looking at something a touch heavier and lower launching in the rest of the set should get the job done.  Stay tuned as I am hoping to do a thread on the build once I get the itch to golf when there is some snow on the ground.

Conclusion

Well at the end of the day these were not for me……as currently configured.  With some tweaks these could be a real winner for my game.  I like the direction that Lynx is going and really like having them back in the equipment game.  I really look forward to watching the company grow and thrive as they continue to develop. They have the right ideas in terms of price point, quality components as stock offerings and a good vision.  With that said there is still a long way to go. There should be at least one or two stock steel shaft offerings (would have loved to hit these with the Tour V) and possibly more than two grip choices.  Overall there was a lot to like about these irons and hence my commitment to make them mine over the winter.  Stay tuned!

Unknown-3.thumb.jpeg.482ead99df729d4b534f6b8db2a21f92.jpeg

Five iron for a kick in eagle

Final Score: 68 out of 100 (subject to revision based on a rebuild)

Great review! Looks like we have quite a few crossover and recurring themes.. both good and not so good. Hopefully the recurring themes will get the right attention so the proper changes can be implemented. 

The long irons are just a blast aren't they? I'm almost tempted to go the UDI route and throw a UST Proforce V2 hybrid shaft in the 3i. Either way I'm keeping the 3 in the bag! 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Nice review!  I like your shot shape demo/video.  I also like that little "hitch" in your start of swing giddyup 😀.  How do you like living in Chandler, AZ?

It's funny you say that because I didn't know about my little tic until I watch my own video. I've since made some adjustments to help smooth that out a little. Still never gonna be perfect but I think it's improved and my swing improved in the process. 

Chandler is great.. for AZ. My wife and I have both grown up in the Phoenix area (Mesa/Scottsdale) It's a great city for a family. That said, nothing beats our short time in Monterey, CA. We have plans to get back there in the next few years and plant our roots. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

12 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Are you going to stick with the Project X LZ 105's when you reshaft or try something else?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've never hit a 3i, sounds like fun!  

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Are you going to stick with the Project X LZ 105's when you reshaft or try something else?

Thinking of something else. I am not sure the LZs are a good fit for these heads. I have a few things in mind just need to consult with some people that are more educated than myself to decide on what to go with. Should be a fun winter project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Great stage 2 reviews, fellas!  @Jmikecpa really looking forward to what you do to fix the flight issues you had with the set.  Do you think you will use something like the Tour V from 5- up or more of a blended weight setup like the DG AMTs?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

9 hours ago, azstu324 said:

It's funny you say that because I didn't know about my little tic until I watch my own video. I've since made some adjustments to help smooth that out a little. Still never gonna be perfect but I think it's improved and my swing improved in the process. 

I wouldn't change a thing. It looks like you're striping them well.  I regret ever having made and watched my video... a wood chopping 101 demo Furyk-Wolfe horror film 😱.

Great stage 2 reviews, fellas!  [mention=604]Jmikecpa[/mention] really looking forward to what you do to fix the flight issues you had with the set.  Do you think you will use something like the Tour V from 5- up or more of a blended weight setup like the DG AMTs?

I have a few thoughts. I have the AMTs in my TMBs but they are getting a bit in the heavy side for me and a bit taxing on my elbow. Good choice for this style of head but looking for lighter.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

11 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Chandler is great.. for AZ. My wife and I have both grown up in the Phoenix area (Mesa/Scottsdale) It's a great city for a family. That said, nothing beats our short time in Monterey, CA. We have plans to get back there in the next few years and plant our roots. 

Monterey, CA 😍 I would love to live their too!

43 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

I have a few thoughts. I have the AMTs in my TMBs but they are getting a bit in the heavy side for me and a bit taxing on my elbow. Good choice for this style of head but looking for lighter.

If you're a TT/DG fan, and want to stay in the lighter weight options, I've been considering the 105's. Mid/low launch and spin. 

Screenshot_20190917-091434.thumb.png.3826c11d53fa228ce6002ec85bcf9eb3.png

MAXFLI  Tour CG

If you're a TT/DG fan, and want to stay in the lighter weight options, I've been considering the 105's. Mid/low launch and spin. 
Screenshot_20190917-091434.thumb.png.3826c11d53fa228ce6002ec85bcf9eb3.png

This was the route I was thinking about going. Would require shims as the hosel is .370 but I really liked the gs95 stiff shaft that was in my a Tours.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie