Bgolfn333

Whats your favorite full swing gap wedge ?

Just wondering what you guys are liking for your full swing gap wedges. I've been using titleist most of my "career" in this department and want to try some new things. I have hit some MD wedges and am not a fan. Not really looking for a specific recommendation, just want to see what you all like and why?  I'm more of a picker/ shallow divot taker with a quick tempo and  smooth transition. 

Just wondering what you guys are liking for your full swing gap wedges. I've been using titleist most of my "career" in this department and want to try some new things. I have hit some MD wedges and am not a fan. Not really looking for a specific recommendation, just want to see what you all like and why?  I'm more of a picker/ shallow divot taker with a quick tempo and  smooth transition. 

My Edel Driver 50* is !!!! Full face grooves, heel relief removed, great feel, and they personalize them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PMookie said:

My Edel Driver 50* is emoji383.png emoji384.png emoji385.png!!!! Full face grooves, heel relief removed, great feel, and they personalize them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice, I have 2 Edel Trpr grinds in 56 and 60. I love them around the greens and on 3/4 shots but I always seemed to catch them a little fat on full swings.

• Like 1

I use the GW that came with my Wilson C200 irons.  I now play a set of single-length irons.  I left the Wilson in the bag as I hit it very well and carry it around 115yds pretty consistently.  That it works well for me on short chip/pitch shots too is a big bonus.

• Like 1

The one that worked best for me was a Ping i15 u wedge.  I ordered the iron set bent 2 degrees strong so the U wedge was 48 degrees.  I think the lower bounce from bending it strong was part of the reason I liked it so much.  I could hit it high or low, draw it or fade it.  It worked well from different lies.  The real mystery is why I got rid of it.  Just the usual club hoing stupidity, I guess.

• Like 1

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50* bent 1 degree strong. Such a great wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For me, I opted to go with the A wedge of my set (Callaway Apex 19).  I rarely use it for anything other than a full swing club (although I do chip with it at times) and am comfortable with 1/2 and 3/4 shots with it.  Given that the Apex 19 clubs are strong, the A wedge is basically the same as the P wedges I was used to hitting.  Now, there is a bit too much gap between my 54* sand wedge and this A wedge, but I've worked with 1/2 and 3/4 swings enough that it's not really an issue.

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone who has taken the the time to comment on this. 

On 7/30/2019 at 9:55 AM, golfertrb said:

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50* bent 1 degree strong. Such a great wedge.

I have been gaming one for the last couple days and up in the air about buying it. It is sweet looking and fills the gap perfect where I need it 120-130

15646265708364929159265494911538.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has taken the the time to comment on this. 
I have been gaming one for the last couple days and up in the air about buying it. It is sweet looking and fills the gap perfect where I need it 120-130
15646265708364929159265494911538.thumb.jpg.df212d90b8240d011a5889766a12688a.jpg

I'm a fan - a really great wedge; simple, clean lines and just a workhorse. It took me a bit to get used to it when I first got it - I think it was that visually the blade length looked long to me - but once I got it figured, it has become a favorite of mine. I took it out to play one day and used it exclusively for every shot 110 and in and I learned how to flight it, pitch with it, open it up - you name it. After that, I had no issues with it and have only gotten better with it. I don't hit mine as far as you but this is a shot I hit Wednesday from 106 yards into the breeze - just a knockdown that almost went in:IMG_4155.jpg

• Like 1

I’m all about minding the gap. It’s 47, 52, 60 and the gap gets nearly 20% of my shots on a course. I’ve played many over the years.

200 series Vokey, PING Tour, SM5, Hogan Equalizer and Mizuno T7. Currently it’s the Taylor Made Milled Grind.

All and all I think the Vokey performed the best.

The best feeling was the Hogan and the best looking at address has to be my current Taylor’s.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Mine is my SCOR 48 and the stats bear me out. 86 percent greens hit 17 ft proximity to the hole -

I game the Ben Hogan Tkt 49*......full swing is 90 yards.

W/S C300 GP=48* 90 yds

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I’m currently gaming a Mizuno s18 50* with 7* of bounce. It’s more of a round shaped head instead of a teardrop shape I’m used to but I have adjusted to it quickly. Feels solid and performs very well on full swings.

I'm gaming Scor wedges. Bought some extra heads when they were still around. Such a great wedge for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am not playing a gap wedge right now.  The P2 wedge of my Bridgestone iron set is 44º and my next wedge is my Callaway PM Grind at 54º but the yardage gap between the two is 15-17 yards... good enough for me!

Tommy Armour (set)GW is gold for me. I game it from 100 out and it loves to surprise me with darts!