TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sergio throwing a tantrum... again?

Kanoito

Seriously... why don't they ban this clown?

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/07/29/sergio-garcia-driver-tee-box-divot

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I actually was a fan and was disappointed with his behaviour in the bunker, but this is the last straw. He needs to look in the mirror and give himself an uppercut.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

Seriously... why don't they ban this clown?

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/07/29/sergio-garcia-driver-tee-box-divot

54 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Hasn't Sergio ran out of excuses and opportunities by now?  He needs to just go away at this point!

Ban tiger and others for their cursing, Rory for his club throwing, , rahm for slamming his club and Bryson for doing something similar to Sergio here.  Players emotions get the best of them at times and no one is perfect.

we see similar actions in other sports but no one talk about banning guys for repetitive abuses against the water voolets or throwing g their helmets or breaking bats across the knee.

im sure everyone has done things they regret doing during the heat of the moment. 

i don’t condone what he or others have done but to be be for banning or having guys disappear for their actions is a little overboard

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Certainly not what should be done, but this is not nearly as bad as the alleged greens incident earlier this year.  I'm not sure how bad it actually was as it seems no one had coverage on it, but from the report it was terrible.

image.png.7464fe80e5893b9f4b559eb67a360c7a.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

24 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

we see similar actions in other sports but no one talk about banning guys for repetitive abuses against the water voolets or throwing g their helmets or breaking bats across the knee.

Golf isn't "other sports" and golfers should be held to a higher standard!  

Eh... I don't have a problem really with Garcia hacking the tee box. Not a great move on his part but not the end of the world either. I've seen it before from others both pro and amateurs. I've done it myself. I'd wager if a camera were on every single player all the time we'd probably witness more of this more often.  As for the club throwing at his caddie.... I couldn't tell from the video.

I'm moving on and so will ole Sergio and the sports media.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

They could adopt the Professional Tennis players stance and call an 'equipment or behaviour violation' and penalise 1 stroke, 2nd penalty in the same round 2 strokes and 3rd time in same round DQ

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Golf isn't "other sports" and golfers should be held to a higher standard!  

Why should it be? They are athletes playing a sport. Everyone knocks golf for being old and stuffy and they need to change and be more welcoming yet the pro golfers need to be held to a higher standard than other sports.

humans will be humans and emotions cause us to do things in the heat of the moment. Unfortunately these ones are making their living on full display.

im glad no one is able to see my bad moments. I’ll keep my stones in my bag until I become perfect 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Why should it be? They are athletes playing a sport. Everyone knocks golf for being old and stuffy and they need to change and be more welcoming yet the pro golfers need to be held to a higher standard than other sports.

humans will be humans and emotions cause us to do things in the heat of the moment. Unfortunately these ones are making their living on full display.

im glad no one is able to see my bad moments. I’ll keep my stones in my bag until I become perfect 

Golf is built around honor, honesty and integrity.  

"Integrity requires players to adhere to a set of standards upon which their behavior will be judged - a sense of personal honesty.  Players who live with integrity know the rules of golf and embrace the etiquette of the game.  They hold relationships in high regard and maintain their composure even when they think no one is looking."  ~The First Tee~

If Sergio wants to hit himself with a golf club, fine.  But damaging the course and throwing clubs at his caddie should never be excused or tolerated.  I'm not perfect and certainly not a moralist.  I don't have to be to know right from wrong and admit my mistakes and shortcomings.  Something Sergio has never been willing to do!

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Ban tiger and others for their cursing, Rory for his club throwing, , rahm for slamming his club and Bryson for doing something similar to Sergio here.  Players emotions get the best of them at times and no one is perfect.

im sure everyone has done things they regret doing during the heat of the moment. 

i don’t condone what he or others have done but to be be for banning or having guys disappear for their actions is a little overboard

If he wants to break a club over his leg or his head, go ahead... if he wants to curse, go ahead...

I just don't agree with throwing a club at another person or damaging the course where other people also need to play. 

Do whatever you want to yourself, as long as it doesn't affect other people.

"My freedom ends where yours begins", wasn't it?

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

50 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Golf is built around honor, honesty and integrity.  

"Integrity requires players to adhere to a set of standards upon which their behavior will be judged - a sense of personal honesty.  Players who live with integrity know the rules of golf and embrace the etiquette of the game.  They hold relationships in high regard and maintain their composure even when they think no one is looking."  ~The First Tee~

If Sergio wants to hit himself with a golf club, fine.  But damaging the course and throwing clubs at his caddie should never be excused or tolerated.  I'm not perfect and certainly not a moralist.  I don't have to be to know right from wrong and admit my mistakes and shortcomings.  Something Sergio has never been willing to do!

44 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

If he wants to break a club over his leg or his head, go ahead... if he wants to curse, go ahead...

I just don't agree with throwing a club at another person or damaging the course where other people also need to play. 

Do whatever you want to yourself, as long as it doesn't affect other people.

"My freedom ends where yours begins", wasn't it?

I’m not saying Sergio is right or any other player for doing that but for anyone who isn’t perfect to  say someone needs to disappear or be banned is asinine. A fine from the tour would be proper punishment or maybe the tours institute a rule for a penalty of a stroke like in tennis.

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’m not saying Sergio is right or any other player for doing that but for anyone who isn’t perfect to  say someone needs to disappear or be banned is asinine. A fine from the tour would be proper punishment or maybe the tours institute a rule for a penalty of a stroke like in tennis.

Asinine means "extremely stupid or foolish."  Is it really extremely stupid or foolish for me to wish for his antics to stop?  If so, it's a badge I will wear with honor given the circumstance!

I will give credit where credit is due, however.  This season alone, Sergio has provided me with ample teachable moments for my daughter!

I genuinely believed fatherhood was going to help the Spaniard reign in his fiery antics. Sadly, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

WGC governing body: I’m afraid that’ll be a fine, Serg

Sergio: Fine by me

I expect better behavior from anyone whose 1st tee announcement includes “Masters Champion”.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

16 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

I genuinely believed fatherhood was going to help the Spaniard reign in his fiery antics. Sadly, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Leopard ....spots etc😉

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Yeah the video isn't exactly high quality. Took multiple views to see what happened. He drags the club along the teebox with his left hand and flips it up and one arms it over his right shoulder towards his caddie.

Eh... I don't have a problem really with Garcia hacking the tee box. Not a great move on his part but not the end of the world either. I've seen it before from others both pro and amateurs. I've done it myself. I'd wager if a camera were on every single player all the time we'd probably witness more of this more often.  As for the club throwing at his caddie.... I couldn't tell from the video.
I'm moving on and so will ole Sergio and the sports media.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

[Moderator's note: for convenience sake, I'm just planning to set this thread to automatically repost every two weeks or so. It'll save us all some time.]

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Moderator's note: for convenience sake, I'm just planning to set this thread to automatically repost every two weeks or so. It'll save us all some time.]

Kind of like beating a dead horse? 🤔

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

3 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Kind of like beating a dead horse? 🤔

Or beating a sand trap? A tee box?

🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

So you can set things where topics/posts keep reoccurring even if no one has recently made a comment?

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Oh ffs get off your high horse. Nobody is claiming to be perfect and I'm far from it. But I can tell you I've never damaged a tee box nor a green nor thrown a club in my life. 

11 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

Oh ffs get off your high horse. Nobody is claiming to be perfect and I'm far from it. But I can tell you I've never damaged a tee box nor a green nor thrown a club in my life. 

No high horse here. Everyone acting like they are better than Sergio or others. It’s ok to criticize but to say some one should be banned or disappear is getting on a high horse. 

In recent years this has largely become what he's best known for - which is really sad considering his amazing career.  I still enjoy seeing him on the tour and hope he has a few more wins left.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

In recent years this has largely become what he's best known for - which is really sad considering his amazing career.  I still enjoy seeing him on the tour and hope he has a few more wins left.

Tiger has been know to slam a club or two over the years, curse within microphone range, spit frequently during a round.  Does anyone remember him for that?

i thing Sergio while it may get mentioned he had a temper, his constant regripping for early part of his career. Many will remember his shot from the tree that he chased after down the fairway and jumping to see the results, his masters win and a relatively successful career on euro and pga tour.

those who will remember the bad stuff do do because they want to see their non favorites fail. There’s guys I don’t like but cheering for and dont see any reason to wish them to play bad, not win, etc. 

9 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

those who will remember the bad stuff do do because they want to see their non favorites fail. There’s guys I don’t like but cheering for and dont see any reason to wish them to play bad, not win, etc. 

I have liked Sergio since my former boss/neighbor beat him in the 1998 US Amateur Semi-Final.  Mr. McKnight also beat David Duval and Stewart Sink in matchplay that year before losing to Hank Kuehne in the Finals.  You can read about that here.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1998-aug-30-sp-18078-story.html

https://www.apnews.com/d29cf23911e527068bdc9803c669f292

My issue with Sergio is cumulative.  His antics have been going on for nearly two decades from the "fried chicken" comment to spitting in the cup to taking a chunk out of a green during competition to blaming the media for painting a picture of the petulant child he tends to be.  I rooted for him for years because I witnessed my friend carry his dad's bag at the US Amateur against Sergio as well as the 1999 Masters.

If golf makes Sergio as unhappy as he appears to be, stop playing!