TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wife needs ladies clubs - 5-foot-2

MatMan

My wife is a novice (started about 2 months ago), and I bought her a low-cost "full set," not knowing if she'd stick with it or not. Turns out she really likes golfing, and so now I'm looking to find a set of "real" clubs to carry her into an intermediate skill level. Thing is, she's short. 5'2" on a tall day, about 112 pounds. Does she need "petite" women's' clubs, or will standard women's clubs do? Very few manufacturers offer "petite" versions of their women's clubs, I notice. Is there a comprehensive list some where?

Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal irons, loft std, lie 1 degree flat
Taylormade R15 driver, 14°, regular flex
Right-handed
Amarillo, TX
Hdcp 16

I've never seen "petite" women's clubs.  Women's clubs are about an inch shorter than men's clubs, are lighter, and have a lower swingweight; maybe a little flatter lie angle too. 

There are many very short women playing on the LPGA Tour, so the clubs she should get will be those that fit her swing.  She should be measured for length and lie angle, and the flex of the shaft should be appropriate for her swing speed.  My wife plays men's senior flex, but she may have to change as her speed has slowed down now that she's in her 60's.  

If she's really interested in playing golf, getting clubs that fit properly is a good investment that will help her improve quicker.  She may need a flatter lie angle and the proper angle could be difficult to achieve with off-the-rack clubs.  Ping is always a good choice since their clubs are fit by lie angle, which is why they are popular with junior golf players.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Eeeeech, we don't have a good fitter in our town, so I was hoping to avoid that. But I kinda figured a fitting would be necessary. 

Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal irons, loft std, lie 1 degree flat
Taylormade R15 driver, 14°, regular flex
Right-handed
Amarillo, TX
Hdcp 16

Hi Matt!

There are a few clubs out there that offer petite sized clubs for women! I would definitely recommend the petite size for her being only 5"2

-Nicole Collins

Expert @ Curated Golf - feel free to chat with me directly here https://curated.page.link/1Y3f!

Your wife is exactly the same size as my wife and yes, my wife’s clubs are ladies petite size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

My daughter is about 5' 3", and I believe her irons are considered to be women's standard length.  I would definitely get her fit, as the length of her arms will determine the length needed.  

That being said, my daughter also pulls my driver and hybrid out of my bag and just chokes up on them like Brooke Henderson, so there's that.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

My wife is also 5'2". I got her a set of cobra F-max one length at women's 8 iron length, a cobra one length hybrid and the junior cobra F9 driver (comes with a shorter shaft and a 15g lighter clubhead then the normal version). She has gear ball striking since switching to a one length set. For reference, she has been golfing for 2 years now

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV