Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Hitting the Range Before a Round...Essential or Not?

Golfspy_CG2

Range Before the Round?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Feel Hitting the Range Before Your Round is Essential

• Absolutely--I won't play well if I don't and dread the round.
    • Definitely Prefer to Hit It--For Getting Loose and Seeing What My Swing is For the Day.
    • Doesn't Really Matter- I Can Take it OR Leave It
    • Heck No....It Wont Do Any Good. I Don't Want to Waste Any Possible Good Shots Out There.
    • The Course Doesn't Have a Range.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to play a very nice away course that I really enjoy and haven't played in several years. We got there in plenty of time to warm up, almost an hour before the round.

It was hot and I didn't want to over do it. But I took a small bucket maybe 30 balls and hit 15 or so 7 irons and 10 drivers and about 5 wedges or so.  

I hit all three very solidly and was happy.  Then went and putted for 20 minutes.  Rolled in my 2nd putt from 30 feet.   Ok this is going to be a good day.

Get to the 1st tee a pretty wide fairway and only about 340 yards.   I proceed to push it dead right into the pond that had to be at least 70 yards from the center of the fairway. 

Doubled the hole and tripled the next with an OB 7 iron off the tee off par 3. 

Went like that the rest of the day...except for the driver.  But every iron I hit was horrible.  Wedges werent as sharp as usual and I swear I forgot how-to putt in the first 25 minutes of the round.  

All this led to a disheartening 102, filled with 7 penalty strokes and 5 three putts. 

Earlier this year. I've gone straight from the office   without litteraly 3 practice swings by the cart before the first tee and shot in the 80's. 

So it makes me wonder if a range session really helps me before a round.  Maybe 10 minutes swinging the Orange or Yellow Whip is all I need to go play.  

What are your all's thoughts on the importance of hitting the range before a round.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

At my home course, range balls are included with our monthly dues, so it's easy to get there and hit a few balls to stretch out the creaky bones.  Typically, I only hit about 15 balls prior to a round.  When I travel, I normally don't get range balls, but will get the body moving by swinging the club for a bit.  I always want to hit some putts, however....and chip a few, if possible...prior to any round.

I like the orange whip, but don't carry it in my bag, so that's not an option for me.  Might stick it in there again, though.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I would prefer to hit 5-10 iron shots before a round but am too cheap to pay $5 or more for that few shots. I primarily hit pitches instead but don’t really require the warmup before a round.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I like to do it to loosen up the ol' back, but it's not mandatory. I've hit some of my best drives on the first hole after just swinging 2 wedges in hand a couple times, and a few practice swings with driver.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Only one of the two courses I play in town has a range, and I can honestly say I've never taken advantage of it before a round. I'll stretch and take some practice swings to loosen up. I have, however, taken to going to the chipping and putting green and spend 10-20 minutes working on the short game.

I played twice this past weekend, arriving early to get the short game practice in. The first time started out good, I was chipping balls close and then shank! Hit another one, shank! Another, shank! I quit and just went to hitting some putts. I couldn't chip the rest of the day, it had gotten in my head and I shot a really bad round. The next day, I started out chipping and everything went good that round.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

At my home course, range balls are included with our monthly dues, so it's easy to get there and hit a few balls to stretch out the creaky bones.  Typically, I only hit about 15 balls prior to a round.  When I travel, I normally don't get range balls, but will get the body moving by swinging the club for a bit.  I always want to hit some putts, however....and chip a few, if possible...prior to any round.

I like the orange whip, but don't carry it in my bag, so that's not an option for me.  Might stick it in there again, though.

I don't have monthly dues; pay annually in October for the next year (10% discount for paying early).  But I do have a range pass with my membership.  However, I rarely will hit balls on the range before play.  For me the range is for working on certain shots or working out a swing issue, not warming up before a round.  

When I show up for a round, I trust my swing is ready.  The last thing I want to do is hit balls on the range and have something unexpected pop up for me to think about during the round.

I will stretch, swing my Skilz Gold Flex both right and left-handed, pitch 20-25 balls, chip maybe 10 balls, and putt for 10 minutes; takes about 30 minutes total.  I'm usually better off the first tee than my buddies who swing on the range for 20 minutes or more.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Like @sirchunksalot suggested, we probably need one more option: My course doesn't have a range.

I do normally putt for a while before my round, and I'll swing my Gold Flex a bit to loosen up. But unless I've traveled to another course, my first full swing is always my drive on #1.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I'm less than 50/50 on pre round range hitting.  Some green fees come with range access and in those cases I usually hit some balls.  My usual is stretching, chipping, and putting. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I HAVE to hit the range! I also have to stretch for about 15 min as well, all due to Ankylosing Spondylitis (back disease) that has taken all curvature in my back, and makes me stiff. No going from the car to the first tee for me anymore. I also have to see what my swing is showing me that day: fade, draw, etc, so I can plan for what I brought to the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Depending on the course and there chipping/ pitching area, I like to hit shots from 75 yards in. I love practicing feel shots before a round and feel it really gets my momentum going. It's fun to smash drives before a round but if something is going wrong in the range I tend to let that carry into my round. Lots of ranges around here give you ugly foot placement, balls aren't that great, and the commitment is not really there. If the range looks nice, turf is good/even, and balls are good then it's a different story. 

a. Iron specs (Kbs Tour C-Taper 125 S+ Standard L/L) 

b. Driver specs (Titleost 913 D2 Oban Kiyoshi Black 05 Flex 45" )

c. Dexterity (Right)

d. Where You Live (El Paso, Tx)

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score (1.8 GHIN) 

Warming up the muscles, stretching and zeroing in your timing is essential to optimize athletic performance. No professional athlete goes from the locker room to the playing field without a proper preparation phase prior to execution. I believe a Golfer’s woes early in a round are less about the warm up and more about any number of things: nerves, over swinging, over thinking, poor body alignment, poor target acquisition, etc........

If I am playing in a competitive event or for handicap purposes I absolutely warm up all phases of the game. If it’s a routine round for fun then I warm up on the course as I play. Following a routine warm up is the best way to prepare for play. For me my routine is:

1. Putt for 10 mins

2. Chip for 5 mins

3. 4 balls each; 56 degree, 9 iron, 7, iron, 5 iron, 3 Wood, Driver

4. Putt another 5 mins

Total Warm up 30 mins.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Like @sirchunksalot suggested, we probably need one more option: My course doesn't have a range.

I do normally putt for a while before my round, and I'll swing my Gold Flex a bit to loosen up. But unless I've traveled to another course, my first full swing is always my drive on #1.

Good call.  I added the no range option.  The things I take for granted 😳

I very much prefer hitting the range first if there is one. Firstly, I still have the tendency to have bad habits creep in, so if i hit some irons on the range I can see what the ballflight is and remember what my thoughts/triggers should be. I try to stick with just one so I can think about my target during the swing.

Secondly, my back hasn't been so hot the past 4-5 years and I like to get moving for a bit. I normally don't hit a lot of balls - the bulk end up being wedges and irons, with maybe 2-3 drivers. 

I find that when there's no range, I don't feel *right* until around hole 4. If I'm only playing 9, that's not so helpful.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

It's preferred, but not necessary to score well. I just might do marginally better on the first few holes if I have time to hit a few balls at the range before my tee time.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I could take it or leave it, but generally leave it now. My course has a range and a small bucket is only $4, but it really doesn't help or hinder me. I think I'm going to buy a Skilz trainer to swing before the first tee.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Most of the time, I'm showing up to the course with enough time to roll 2-3 putts and stretch. (aka, I don't get to leave the house when I want to)

I would prefer to be able to hit 15-20 balls before playing as I don't feel fully in tune with my swing till the 3rd or 4th hole. If I get the chance, I'll hit 5 balls with my 56*, 7, 3w, and maybe driver.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

IF there's a range I typically use it... BUT... I have to be careful.

There are two types of "ranges' for me... there is the work-on-the-swing range and the before-a-round range and I have to be really careful not to let the first creep into the second.

The work-on-the-swing range is big bucket, alignment sticks, 1hour+, etc.... I call this playing "golf swing"
The pre-round range is as small a bucket as they offer and seeing how the ball will fly that day... I call this playing "golf"

When I get on the course I have to remind myself to play "golf" and not play "golf swing"....

Some of my best ball striking rounds have occurred after I've warmed up on the range.
There are a couple of courses I play that do not have a range but they have a net you can hit into; I try to do that at the very least.

my putting sucks either way so I typically just try to get the pace of the greens down and hope I can avoid the 3 putt.  😂

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

At my home club, range balls are included in our dues.  I generally arrive about 30 minutes or more before my tee time, and almost always hit a few balls to loosen up.  I also chip for a bit, and hit a few putts mostly to understand the green speed.  I like to do this when I travel for golf, whenever its possible, but its not a huge deal when I can't.  Travelling in Scotland and Ireland there are a lot of courses where there's no range, or where its a significant hassle to hit balls.  In those cases, some good stretching and maybe a few swings at a ball into a net are the best I can do.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I have found that I can warm up and hit wonderful shots on the range because the distance doesnt matter there. The range is 100% pressure free.

The issue I run into, is, needing to be under control on the tee. Not over swinging. Being confident of my club for the desired length. Not trying to get a few extra yards out of my club. Not trying to prove that I can out-drive my partners.

I'd say I can go with or without just fine.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

So follow up.   How many of you do what you hear that the pros will often do.

Make your last shot on the range, the same shot you will hit on the first tee.  I know in most cases that's going to be driver.  But in the pros case they most likely are not just hitting the same club..ie driver, but with the same shape they will need on the first tee,  Fade or draw or in Brooks Koepka's case, bombing it over the trees on the dogleg 😎

Sometimes I will actually "play" the first hole on the range for my last couple shots, meaning, hit the driver, then based on where it landed approximate what club I would have into the green from there and hit it, then maybe a chip or pitch shot with a wedge. 

21 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So follow up.   How many of you do what you hear that the pros will often do.

Make your last shot on the range, the same shot you will hit on the first tee. 

Its pretty common for me to hit a couple of drivers just before I walk to the first tee.  Its not every time, but at least half the time.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I prefer to hit balls for 30-45 mins if possible maybe less if time is a concern. It gives me a chance to warm up and get a feel for where my swing is and what I’m taking to the course.  

If I can’t hit balls which usually only happens if I’m playing a course with no range or as a single with no tee time then it’s what it is and hope for the best for hopefully only a few holes.

if I do get to hit balls my last several are to play the first few holes mentally so I can try to take the range warmup to the course

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Do You Feel Hitting the Range Before Your Round is Essential?

Not too sure how essential it is really but I do hit the range almost every time before I play. That's what I like to do and it's my standard routine. I do 4 things. I start with my 56* wedge with short half shots working up to a full swing. Then I go to my 7i and hit 10-12 shots. Next is the driver and I'll hit 5-7 more. Next I move to the chipping/putting green and hit a a number of chips followed by putting for a few minutes. Do I play better by doing this? Most of the time I'd say Yes. Key for me is that I ease into the round without rushing around. Running from the car to the tee box never seems to workout well.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I don’t believe it’s essential but it helps with my timing for that day and can say that I will play better about 85% of the time by taking some time to hit balls, chips, and putts than without.
I’ll play some days straight from work and take a half day so there won’t be enough time to really practice. I notice those days I don’t really get in sync with my swing or feel as confident. Every course I play has a range and there’s usually 10-12 balls leftover from someone else. That’s about all I need to get a feel for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I will use the range for only loosening up & hitting a few shots. It's not essential, so if there's no time, I will just swing the clubs around a bit on the first tee & go.  Stretching along the way.  I've gone to the range with a bucket of balls & beat them around, rarely finishing the bucket.  Most of the time I will grab a few that were already there, steal a couple from someone already on the range, or walk out into the range and grab like 3 - 5 balls.  That's usually all I need.  I will figure it out along the way during the round.  I'm more of a "stretch out, loosen up & go off the first tee quick" kinda guy!  

Just call me Brooks! 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

It's a take it or leave it thing for me.  Sometimes I will hit a bucket before a round but that is not a regular occurrence.  I do a quick warm up at home before I leave.  I start on a stationary bike, then do some stretches, ending with a few more minutes on the bike.  A few more stretches on the first tee and I'm off. 

The thing with the range is I don't really want a whole bucket.  Even a small is 35-40 balls.  If I could get 8-10 range balls that'd be just enough to get the golf muscles activated and the circulation going.   I would still do my warm up at home too. 

I used to be in the camp of, "Yes, I need to warm-up," but while my home course has a range, I get there so early that the clubhouse isn't open yet to purchase balls. I carry my SKLZ Gold Flex with me, and I really like taking a good 10-15 swings on the first tee box before hitting my opening drive. Helps to stretch and loosen my muscles up.

I do always chip at least four balls from the fringe of the practice green and putt about 10 times from various distances just to get a quick feel for that before a round.

EDIT: I should add, a few weeks ago I played a different course and they had $2 buckets of like 20-25 balls. Their range was iron only as it was short, but I split the bucket with my brother-in-law and it was nice to have a handful of wedges and irons under my belt heading to the first tee. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

Running from the car to the tee box never seems to workout well.

Yes, even if I quickly go through my routine in under five minutes, that's still so much better than just strapping the bag in and going. Absolutely hate that.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

We have certainly had this discussion before. I prefer stretching, hitting some balls, chipping and putting pre round.

If one has to be left out it will be full shots - never stretching as that will impact how I feel after the round and the next day.

I actually practice for not warming up by stretching and then hitting driver as my first swing about every third range session followed by a simulated first hole approach just so I don’t feel weird when it happens.

I don’t think that hitting balls has a huge impact on my score - if it’s an unfamiliar course I really need some time to hit chips and putts to get a sense for the way the ball will react when it hits the green and the speed.

Whenever I warm up I always end by playing a simulated first hole and then hit a last shot that is close to what I will hit on the first tee as possible. Yesterday I went to the far right side of the range just for that reason.

I hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

If there is a chance to hits 20-25 whacks before a round, I will.

If time is limited, minimum stretches and 10 swings with my Orange Whip®

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).