TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dave's Take: NO1 UN Series Grips

Lost me at $16 per. I did not even get to see if Purple was around there somewhere. I would pay that for a custom choose your color pattern, even the Black with a Purple paintfill over the White accents would do. Thanks for Your time, explanations and the in depth review, also the Anser analogies!

Great write-up. How would you think they perform in sweaty, humid conditions? Still just as sticky and comfy, or are we getting into the finger damage range? 

Also agree with @Nihonsei, though, on the price. $16/grip, or almost $225 for a full regrip, can get pricey for your whole bag...

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

• SPY VIP
Great write-up. How would you think they perform in sweaty, humid conditions? Still just as sticky and comfy, or are we getting into the finger damage range? 

Also agree with [mention=78716]Nihonsei[/mention], though, on the price. $16/grip, or almost $225 for a full regrip, can get pricey for your whole bag...

I wish I could give a solid answer on sweaty play but it’s dry here. I’ll get them damp next round and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I currently have no1 43s on my clubs, and have used Iomic prior to them for the last decade. $16 a grip isn't too harsh in my world, as they just don't wear out. Through 40+ rounds and at least that many range sessions each year, I get 3-4 years of off a set. No other grips I have tried last me more then one. 

So from that perspective, they cost less than tour velvets. 

As for wet /humid, I've found them to be really good. So I'll be curious how this new series holds up and weather's. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Love the look but....the $$$$$$ is all wrong.

I guess I'll keep playing my Pure DTX's for less than half the price.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 7/31/2019 at 8:33 PM, GolfSpy Dave said:

I wish I could give a solid answer on sweaty play but it’s dry here. I’ll get them damp next round and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Send a couple of sets of these to @Tarheelvolvo and me here in Richmond, VA, and we'll let you know if they pass the sweaty palms test.

🤣

Would love to see some William and Mary green and gold.  But unless they start working with Arccos to accommodate the in-grip sensors, I'll be sticking with the RELs.  But seeing as how I hate regripping clubs, I'd be OK with paying $16/grip if they'll last forever.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

13 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Send a couple of sets of these to @Tarheelvolvo and me here in Richmond, VA, and we'll let you know if they pass the sweaty palms test.

🤣

Would love to see some William and Mary green and gold.  But unless they start working with Arccos to accommodate the in-grip sensors, I'll be sticking with the RELs.  But seeing as how I hate regripping clubs, I'd be OK with paying $16/grip if they'll last forever.

👆 no kidding...It's only been low 90's with 70% humidity all week 🥵

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Loved this article and I am getting about to that time of needing to replace the grips on my irons. Currently using GP MCC4 aligns on woods and on my irons are Super Stroke S-Tech grips on my irons (came on my new irons). I have been surprised that I've liked the S-Techs, but they are comfortable. Despite the price tag for these No-1 UN's, I am now seriously going to consider them due to their long life. I was thinking about Lambkin Dr-Tec's or going go to GP aligns, but this article has me thinking..... 

Callaway Epic Flash 9°

GBB 3 Wood

GBB 7 Heaven Wood

Rogue Pro 4-PW

Mack Daddy 64°

60°

White Hot 2 Mallet 

31 minutes ago, gilligan said:

Loved this article and I am getting about to that time of needing to replace the grips on my irons. Currently using GP MCC4 aligns on woods and on my irons are Super Stroke S-Tech grips on my irons (came on my new irons). I have been surprised that I've liked the S-Techs, but they are comfortable. Despite the price tag for these No-1 UN's, I am now seriously going to consider them due to their long life. I was thinking about Lambkin Dr-Tec's or going go to GP aligns, but this article has me thinking..... 

I do love the Lamkin Dr-Tec's for feel, but I will easily go through 3 sets of them before going though a set of the NO 1s. So after a few years, the NO1s work out to be less expensive.

Granted, if you have extreme club swapping tendencies like some forum members here, I wouldn't do the NO1s. If you are swapping clubs every few months, I don't think they are worth it. But if you keep your set for a few years, they are a great option. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

11 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

👆 no kidding...It's only been low 90's with 70% humidity all week 🥵

I think my youngest and I are going to drive out to Lexington to play tomorrow, where I hope it'll be a little cooler.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Excellent review, I had not actually heard of the No1 grips but I would certainly consider getting them after reading this. I will be interested in how they perform in the wet, so please keep the information coming.

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.