TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review: Wilson Junior&Teen Complete Sets

STUDque

How's the testing going everyone?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

How's the testing going everyone?

Layla’s testing is going good. We’ve been slowed down by some triple digit temps recently but we are moving forward.

Layla has now begun hitting the Short Iron club in her set. She is just learning the game so for the first few weeks we concentrated solely on the wedge and putter as I see no reason to have her struggle with longer clubs and get discouraged at this point of her development. We will keep moving up to longer clubs in the bag as she gains confidence in the shorter clubs.

The quality of the clubs are nice. I see lots of different kids sets at her weekly golf clinic and make mental notes to research later. The price point of the Wilson’s is similar to junior sets by Top-Flite and some lesser known sets, but the Wilson’s definitely seem to be a nice product.

One thing I wonder about though is the putter. The Wilson Profile Jr. comes with a nice blade putter but I wonder if a mallet putter might be better for young golfers? My oldest daughter (almost 9 years old) recently had her putter go missing so we decided to replace it with a mallet putter and she finds it much easier to use as alignment is much easier. I’m not sure if it is better to have a kid learn with a blade or a mallet, but maybe the sets could have an option for the choice of one or another in the future. Or maybe even a blade putter that could have an attachment, like a ring to connect to the back of the blade putter to convert it to a mallet?

Anyway, we hope to move up to the hybrid in a few more weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

One of the really cool things about this test is my daughter Mya has really gotten excited to play golf.  We haven't been to an actual course yet, still just hitting balls and putting but we are going this week to play her first round.  Of course, at 4 years old and being a compete beginner she won't be playing the full course.  The plan is to play 9 holes and I'm gonna let Mya tee it up from about 25ish yards from the green and see how she does.

I've already told Mya what to expect during the round... just to have fun!  Its great sitting around the house and instead of "dad, wanna have a tea party" (which I gladly do with all her princesses) she now says "dad, I think we should golf".... and that is my kinda TEE party!

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :callaway-small:                    

PXG 0211 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik 21* 7W
Taylormade RSi1 5 Iron
Taylormade RSi2 6-PW
Taylormade PSI 50*
Callaway Jaws 54* C Grind
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Maxfli Tour

• 3 weeks later...

I sold my youngest's US Kids set as he outgrew them and haven't replaced them yet.  It looks like these Wilson sets are close to $100 less than any of the big branded junior sets.  Any big holdups that anyone sees to make the extra $100 worth it?

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

I sold my youngest's US Kids set as he outgrew them and haven't replaced them yet.  It looks like these Wilson sets are close to $100 less than any of the big branded junior sets.  Any big holdups that anyone sees to make the extra $100 worth it?

Layla is using the medium set and they are holding up well. I saw a kid at the kids clinic yesterday with the Wilson Profile large set and they look great as well. I’d say these sets are perfect for kids up to age 14 or so. They are well made but they are kid sets and I think once kids, especially boys, start getting stronger in their teen years some of the higher end offerings might be the way to go.

I started my oldest with a US Kids Golf backyard club and have seen a few of their sets and the Wilson Profile set is on par with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

• 2 weeks later...

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

1 hour ago, deejaid said:

Really awesome to see Layla is really enjoying the new clubs!  That was a great stage 2.  I hope these clubs continue helping her love for the game grow!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Fantastic stage twos guys, I'm really impressed with the quality of your work and the quality of the clubs. I love the fact that both girls are now loving the game and spending time with dad 😁😎. It will be great to see updates of how they are progressing.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I promise my Stage 2 is coming. The last few weeks have put a hindrance on its completion. First, you may have heard of little storm named Dorian that was heading our way in Charleston, SC about a month ago. It shut everything down so Connor and I couldn't get enough time in with the clubs to finish the review. Almost immediately after the storm, I was told by my job that I would have to travel out of the country for 3 weeks, but I still had hopes that we could get this done close to on time, if we spent the weekend after I got back at the course. Then this happened a couple of days before I got back:

71060321_2462572187122336_7362265155905781760_n.thumb.jpg.537b211d84702345e5060298d41f7969.jpg

Luckily it just ended up being a sprain, but it will still be a bit before he's ready to start smashing golf balls again. 

Stage 2 is still coming. It's just slightly delayed by life.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

• 3 weeks later...