Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Titleist introduces it's New T Series of Irons with New Technology

Golfspy_CG2

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

ROTFLMAO---- Wish I could still hit a 7 iron 170---- For me that is a 5 iron

Wish I could have EVER hit a 7 iron 170😂!  With the newer stronger lofts I can get closer (cuz I’m really hitting a 5 iron, 😁) to that number. Today the number stamped on the bottom is pretty meaningless. Nowadays instead of asking “whadya hit”, I ask “What distance did you play that at?”  New T100 7 iron is 34*, T300 is *29. In my day that was nearly 2 club difference!

“Golf does not build character, it reveals it”

• Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Diamana D+ 60 stiff
  • Fairway: Titleist 913F Diamana D+82 stiff
  • Hybrid: Titleist 913H Diamana D+92 stiff
  • Irons: Titleist AP1 714 Aerotech i95 stiff
  • Wedges: Volkey SM5 50*55*60* True Temper S300
  • Putter: Tour X
  • Ball: Snell MTB

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Dicks today and got my first look at this series of irons. The T300 irons ( which is what I would game) actually looks better than I thought it would! Very intrigued by them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Titleist Thursday appointment booked for tomorrow. Going to check out the T300/T200 vs. last year's AP1/AP3. Hope I am striping them like the AP demo to get some good comparison numbers. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 8/21/2019 at 6:32 PM, BMart519 said:

Titleist Thursday appointment booked for tomorrow. Going to check out the T300/T200 vs. last year's AP1/AP3. Hope I am striping them like the AP demo to get some good comparison numbers. 

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:40 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I like all three...ha   Which one will suit me best, remains to be seen...in about 3 weeks!   I watched Michael Newtons video review today and he really commented on how loud the T300 were.  This was concerning to me as that is my chief issue with the G410's.   But I think the T200 could fit me well.   

But the whole line looks good to me, despite some of the comments I saw on the blog page. 

What shafts do you have on the G410's?  Of the various irons I've tested recently, I wouldn't call any of them loud... but to be fair the sound they make is really low on my rating scale.

The T300's look like they have a switch on the back... maybe a "quiet" and "loud" mode? 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 hours ago, Jfoz89 said:

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

The T300 felt like hitting the ball with a hammer compared to the Ap1. Max Impact indeed... I enjoyed the AP1 more than the T300 and would not consider the T300 compared to the Mizuno Hot Metals or  even the Taylormade M5s. Probably like the Ping G400 irons better as well. 

I preferred the T200 to the T300 feel as it felt lighter, maybe they should have been called Medium Impact. The fitter then mentioned the face is forged instead of cast in the AP3, so that was likely responsible for some difference as well. Performance was difficult to compare with some of my past tests as it was a poor swinging night after a gym session. 

I was getting better launch and spin compared to the Ap1/AP3 but i did switch to AMT red for this session since the numbers with the AMT black were resulting in 7 iron shots around 5000 rpm with 43 degree descent angles. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

What shafts do you have on the G410's?  Of the various irons I've tested recently, I wouldn't call any of them loud... but to be fair the sound they make is really low on my rating scale.

The T300's look like they have a switch on the back... maybe a "quiet" and "loud" mode? 🙂

I had the KBS Tour 105 in the G410's and no it wasn't the shaft or the balls.  They are just loud---to me.   Got the JPX Forged in with KBS C Taper Lite and granted they are forged, so a much nicer sound. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

The T300 felt like hitting the ball with a hammer compared to the Ap1. Max Impact indeed... I enjoyed the AP1 more than the T300 and would not consider the T300 compared to the Mizuno Hot Metals or  even the Taylormade M5s. Probably like the Ping G400 irons better as well. 

I preferred the T200 to the T300 feel as it felt lighter, maybe they should have been called Medium Impact. The fitter then mentioned the face is forged instead of cast in the AP3, so that was likely responsible for some difference as well. Performance was difficult to compare with some of my past tests as it was a poor swinging night after a gym session. 

I was getting better launch and spin compared to the Ap1/AP3 but i did switch to AMT red for this session since the numbers with the AMT black were resulting in 7 iron shots around 5000 rpm with 43 degree descent angles. 

I hit up the Titleist Demo day yesterday.  I was lucky as it wasn't a Titleist Thursday, which was being held about 20 minutes down the road, but it was a full blown demo with the rep and the full assortment of the new line.   It wasn't busy at all as I assume most went to the the TT.   So I got to hit both the T200 and T300---and the MB 3 iron at the very end....just so I could say  I did..ha  Got to try them with multiple shafts as well. 

My thoughts on the T200 vs T300 are very similar to yours.  I also am struggling with my swing right now as well, so I won't make any definite decisions based on it.    I did like the TS2/3 hybrids as well.   

I'm going to a Team Titleist event in Wisconsin next week where we will have a big afternoon session with all the new stuff and fitters from Titleist there, so I'll give them both another try to see which one works best there. 

I can't wait for to try these.  I love how the T100's look and would also be interested in hitting the T200.  I agree, Titleist has recently stepped up and is now at the forefront of all things golf!!!  I also would like to try their TS hybrids.  My biggest problem is that there are no Titleist fitters around me.  That part sucks!  One can dream I guess!  I will be honest through, I am not a fan of the bridge thing on the T300, it looks to "gimmicky" for me. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 8/23/2019 at 4:53 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I hit up the Titleist Demo day yesterday.  I was lucky as it wasn't a Titleist Thursday, which was being held about 20 minutes down the road, but it was a full blown demo with the rep and the full assortment of the new line.   It wasn't busy at all as I assume most went to the the TT.   So I got to hit both the T200 and T300---and the MB 3 iron at the very end....just so I could say  I did..ha  Got to try them with multiple shafts as well. 

My thoughts on the T200 vs T300 are very similar to yours.  I also am struggling with my swing right now as well, so I won't make any definite decisions based on it.    I did like the TS2/3 hybrids as well.   

I'm going to a Team Titleist event in Wisconsin next week where we will have a big afternoon session with all the new stuff and fitters from Titleist there, so I'll give them both another try to see which one works best there. 

Lucky!  No Titleist events around me.  Enjoy the TT event!  Let me know how it goes!!! 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 8/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, BMart519 said:

Thanks for sending your thoughts over also interesting that you've mentioned the hot metals as I'm definitely going to try them out.

I was able to hit the 100s and 200s off of grass this weekend.  I can see why Titleist discourages comparisons with their predecessors as the neither performed the same for me as did the AP2s and AP3s.  Really enjoyed the turf interaction on the 100s but they did not seem as forgiving as the AP2s.  The 200s were higher spinning for me than the AP3s and were pretty impressive overall much a much improved feel.  They would be my choice if I were in the market.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:56 PM, bellairemi said:

I was able to hit the 100s and 200s off of grass this weekend.  I can see why Titleist discourages comparisons with their predecessors as the neither performed the same for me as did the AP2s and AP3s.  Really enjoyed the turf interaction on the 100s but they did not seem as forgiving as the AP2s.  The 200s were higher spinning for me than the AP3s and were pretty impressive overall much a much improved feel.  They would be my choice if I were in the market.

Thanks for sharing. I hope to hit them soon. Did you by chance hit a 300?

🥂

My buddy went to the first Titleist Thursday event yesterday and got fit for some T300s. He hit the 200s as well, but dispersion overall was better with the 300s and I'm HEAVILY encouraging him to swipe that credit card!

He gained a club's worth of distance over his MP-18 MMCs, land angle was 45*, spin 5500, hitting real V1x's off of a mat. He's losing a little bit of spin from his mizzy's, but coming in much steeper so holding greens shouldn't be a problem -- even with our year-round firm conditions.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

My buddy went to the first Titleist Thursday event yesterday and got fit for some T300s. He hit the 200s as well, but dispersion overall was better with the 300s and I'm HEAVILY encouraging him to swipe that credit card!

He gained a club's worth of distance over his MP-18 MMCs, land angle was 45*, spin 5500, hitting real V1x's off of a mat. He's losing a little bit of spin from his mizzy's, but coming in much steeper so holding greens shouldn't be a problem -- even with our year-round firm conditions.

Not really losing spin. The designs are different so the spin difference is expected. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I stopped off at Fiddlers Green in Eugene yesterday after dropping my daughter off at college.  No reason other than it's a golf candy store.  Ran in to the new Titleist and hit all 3 as well as a couple of Srixon's and Mizuno's.  I am iron shopping as I can't move my 716 AP1's like I want to. 

I liked the look of them ok, but they did seem a bit busy looking.  I didn't hit any of them very well at all and they all felt heavy and bulky. 

I ended up changing shafts to the KBS shafts that I was the Mizuno MP18 blades I was loving thinking that it might be the white shaft on the Titleist I wasn't liking.  No difference and ended up hitting and loving the blades even more. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 6:56 PM, bellairemi said:

I was able to hit the 100's and 200's with Project X 6.0 at my club last night.  Immediately thought of this post and couldn't agree more. I love the look of the T100's but the T200's are incredible!  

Gonna be tough not to place that order very soon!  

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Guess the club 😮

IMG_20191001_134742.jpg

I would take those driver numbers....But a two iron...my goodness!

Yikes, 2 iron?  That scares me just looking at the number on the bottom.  I loved my Eye2 nd then my Cally X-12 2 irons back in the day, but no more.  I might try the 4 iron though and drop out the 4 hybrid.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

• 3 weeks later...

Jordan Spieth helped with the design of these clubs, correct?

I just saw a video on you tube with Justin Thomas and Titleist and the Titleist guys stated they were "inspired by Justin Thomas"

are there two different grinds or soles for the T100???

Golf is cool

45 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Jordan Spieth helped with the design of these clubs, correct?

I just saw a video on you tube with Justin Thomas and Titleist and the Titleist guys stated they were "inspired by Justin Thomas"

are there two different grinds or soles for the T100???

Only one grind and they probably both had input into them. JT plays mb and has for awhile. He has t100 in the 4i. He swapped from the 718 mb to the 620 mb in the 5-9

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

Is there any feedback on the graphite shafts for the T100 offering? It seems everyone is being fit into steel shafts and i have heard nothing about the graphite offering.

There has been a backorder on recoil shafts due to demand