Golfspy_CG2

Titleist introduces it's New T Series of Irons with New Technology

On 8/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, BMart519 said:

The T300 felt like hitting the ball with a hammer compared to the Ap1. Max Impact indeed... I enjoyed the AP1 more than the T300 and would not consider the T300 compared to the Mizuno Hot Metals or  even the Taylormade M5s. Probably like the Ping G400 irons better as well. 

I preferred the T200 to the T300 feel as it felt lighter, maybe they should have been called Medium Impact. The fitter then mentioned the face is forged instead of cast in the AP3, so that was likely responsible for some difference as well. Performance was difficult to compare with some of my past tests as it was a poor swinging night after a gym session. 

I was getting better launch and spin compared to the Ap1/AP3 but i did switch to AMT red for this session since the numbers with the AMT black were resulting in 7 iron shots around 5000 rpm with 43 degree descent angles. 

Thanks for sending your thoughts over also interesting that you've mentioned the hot metals as I'm definitely going to try them out.

I was able to hit the 100s and 200s off of grass this weekend.  I can see why Titleist discourages comparisons with their predecessors as the neither performed the same for me as did the AP2s and AP3s.  Really enjoyed the turf interaction on the 100s but they did not seem as forgiving as the AP2s.  The 200s were higher spinning for me than the AP3s and were pretty impressive overall much a much improved feel.  They would be my choice if I were in the market.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 6:56 PM, bellairemi said:

I was able to hit the 100s and 200s off of grass this weekend.  I can see why Titleist discourages comparisons with their predecessors as the neither performed the same for me as did the AP2s and AP3s.  Really enjoyed the turf interaction on the 100s but they did not seem as forgiving as the AP2s.  The 200s were higher spinning for me than the AP3s and were pretty impressive overall much a much improved feel.  They would be my choice if I were in the market.

Thanks for sharing. I hope to hit them soon. Did you by chance hit a 300?

9 hours ago, Hamachi Style said:

Thanks for sharing. I hope to hit them soon. Did you by chance hit a 300?

No, I did not.   They did look nice at address as far as game improvement irons go.

• Like 1

My buddy went to the first Titleist Thursday event yesterday and got fit for some T300s. He hit the 200s as well, but dispersion overall was better with the 300s and I'm HEAVILY encouraging him to swipe that credit card!

He gained a club's worth of distance over his MP-18 MMCs, land angle was 45*, spin 5500, hitting real V1x's off of a mat. He's losing a little bit of spin from his mizzy's, but coming in much steeper so holding greens shouldn't be a problem -- even with our year-round firm conditions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

My buddy went to the first Titleist Thursday event yesterday and got fit for some T300s. He hit the 200s as well, but dispersion overall was better with the 300s and I'm HEAVILY encouraging him to swipe that credit card!

He gained a club's worth of distance over his MP-18 MMCs, land angle was 45*, spin 5500, hitting real V1x's off of a mat. He's losing a little bit of spin from his mizzy's, but coming in much steeper so holding greens shouldn't be a problem -- even with our year-round firm conditions.

Not really losing spin. The designs are different so the spin difference is expected. 

I stopped off at Fiddlers Green in Eugene yesterday after dropping my daughter off at college.  No reason other than it's a golf candy store.  Ran in to the new Titleist and hit all 3 as well as a couple of Srixon's and Mizuno's.  I am iron shopping as I can't move my 716 AP1's like I want to. 

I liked the look of them ok, but they did seem a bit busy looking.  I didn't hit any of them very well at all and they all felt heavy and bulky. 

I ended up changing shafts to the KBS shafts that I was the Mizuno MP18 blades I was loving thinking that it might be the white shaft on the Titleist I wasn't liking.  No difference and ended up hitting and loving the blades even more. 

On 8/26/2019 at 6:56 PM, bellairemi said:

I was able to hit the 100's and 200's with Project X 6.0 at my club last night.  Immediately thought of this post and couldn't agree more. I love the look of the T100's but the T200's are incredible!  

Gonna be tough not to place that order very soon!  

• Like 2

Guess the club 

IMG_20191001_134742.thumb.jpg.d57759cc7a903187d5b64c0b1e7a32bb.jpg

Blades of glory?!

15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Guess the club 😮

IMG_20191001_134742.jpg

I would take those driver numbers....But a two iron...my goodness!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Blades of glory?!

IMG_20191001_125720.jpg

IMG_20191001_125734.jpg

IMG_20191001_125743.jpg

• Like 4

IMG_20191001_125720.thumb.jpg.c234be94b0fb2695c5ede699aef8ccd4.jpg
IMG_20191001_125734.thumb.jpg.3278234a7e3cba8b433ce7afb44999c1.jpg
IMG_20191001_125743.thumb.jpg.ff0973519b5327a36324e72911786f54.jpg

Going in the bag? Those are optimal numbers I’d say!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Going in the bag? Those are optimal numbers I’d say!

Yes. 4 iron out. Swapped to a 21 degree head on the hybrid 

• Like 2

Yikes, 2 iron?  That scares me just looking at the number on the bottom.  I loved my Eye2 nd then my Cally X-12 2 irons back in the day, but no more.  I might try the 4 iron though and drop out the 4 hybrid.