Does anyone know when Sun Mountain will begin selling the Finn Cycle Scooters? I have checked their website but cannot find a listing of available courses or how to purchase one.

3 hours ago, MiguelVegas said:

Does anyone know when Sun Mountain will begin selling the Finn Cycle Scooters? I have checked their website but cannot find a listing of available courses or how to purchase one.

I think Finn is just a subsidiary company of SM's, and they (Sun Mountain) won't be selling them directly.

https://www.finnscooters.com/

• Like 1

Hi All I spoke to Finn Scooters/Sun Mountain yesterday and they will be available to purchase direct to consumers in a month. They stated that there is already a waitlist.

12 minutes ago, MiguelVegas said:

Hi All I spoke to Finn Scooters/Sun Mountain yesterday and they will be available to purchase direct to consumers in a month. They stated that there is already a waitlist.

Did they say anything about price?

I'm just curious if golf courses will charge you a cart fee even if you bring your FinnScooter?

I'm just curious if golf courses will charge you a cart fee even if you bring your FinnScooter?

My local public doesn’t allow “personal electric carts”.... Seems like most would have a similar policy since cart rental is crucial for paying the leases on their carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PMookie said:

My local public doesn’t allow “personal electric carts”.... Seems like most would have a similar policy since cart rental is crucial for paying the leases on their carts.

Very true. I guess I shouldn't get too excited just yet.

I only know of one course near me that allows public carts though I'd be surprised if I couldn't find one or two more that would let me on if I bought a Finn Cycle - granted I let the head pro take it for spin. 🙂 

• Like 1

He posted a use video today, and promising an on course review shortly:

• Like 2

He posted a use video today, and promising an on course review shortly:

That’s awesome. Moreso for being able to be around his father like that. Very cool!

• Like 1

I play very early, and there is usually a heavy dew. I almost always walk, but when I do ride, I want the stability and safety of 4 wheels. These look like fun, but not practical for me. Besides, I prefer to walk.

I'm so hoping these don't become the rage.  An ad for these I saw last night makes the statement about golf being played too slow (the message being these will speed up play...oh, great 🙄).  So how does this work out with a mix of shoulder bags, walking carts, traditional electric carts, and these presuming they are not held to the same restrictions as electric carts?  

18 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm so hoping these don't become the rage.  An ad for these I saw last night makes the statement about golf being played too slow (the message being these will speed up play...oh, great 🙄).  So how does this work out with a mix of shoulder bags, walking carts, traditional electric carts, and these presuming they are not held to the same restrictions as electric carts?  

How do you mean? Like, how the Finn Cycle compares to other methods directly? It will likely depend on the course and conditions (and golf cart policies), but I'd expect that a foursome on Finn Cycles is going to be able to play faster than most foursomes utilizing other methods.

If the conditions are wet, and Finn Cycles are restricted to cart paths like a traditional cart (and I honestly don't see why this wouldn't be the case), it probably won't save a significant amount of time, but potentially could still save some over a traditional cart. I'd expect those who walk to still be capable of getting around faster on a wet course.