Shankster

FedEx Cup Playoffs

10 minutes ago, golfertrb said:

Rory just drives it so well - just incredible - good grief 

Gosh no kidding. Just blasting it out there. I have no idea how Xander and Brooks are still within 1 to be honest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Gosh no kidding. Just blasting it out there. I have no idea how Xander and Brooks are still within 1 to be honest.

He leads the PGA Tour in Strokes Gained in Driving but his short iron proximity has been bad this year.

• Like 1

22 drives of 320+ this week for Rory - amazing

Lookin like this is Rory’s to lose.
His “swagger” is back big time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Lookin like this is Rory’s to lose.
His “swagger” is back big time.

LOVE IT! That's honestly exactly what he has needed - his swagger. I saw him interviewed in preparation for the Open Championship where he was talking about setting the course record of 61 at Royal Port Rush as a 16 year old and he made the comment "I wish I had the confidence I did then" - what a statement. I just love seeing a player - any player - play to their potential. Rory is too good to feel anything other than swagger.

• Like 2

HEY!!  My pick wins... doesn't miss cut!  Wow!  Maybe my bad luck streak is over.

Great win Rory!  Take the rest of the year off.

• Like 2

First man to win The Players and the FedEx Cup in the same year. It's been a great year for him. I really expect this to be a big boost for him. 

• Like 2

...that’s all folks.

End of a very good season of golf.

Players: Rory
Masters: Tiger
PGA: Brooks
US Open: G. Wood
The Open: Shane
Tour Champ: Rors

Lots of other winners in between, I hope they revamp the value of a Major next year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

...that’s all folks.

End of a very good season of golf.

Players: Rory
Masters: Tiger
PGA: Brooks
US Open: G. Wood
The Open: Shane
Tour Champ: Rors

Lots of other winners in between, I hope they revamp the value of a Major next year.

You and me both. I think something is wrong when two major champions aren't at the Tour Championship and a guy who hasn't won until the BMW Championship went into the week with the lead. I did find the Tour Championship/FedEx Cup was simpler but the Majors need more value IMHO.

• Like 3

First man to win The Players and the FedEx Cup in the same year. It's been a great year for him. I really expect this to be a big boost for him. 

Yea Rors!!
Interesting back 9, glad I watched most of it.

• Like 1

Didn't end up watching the final round. Was out seeing Tarantino's latest flick.

Happy to see Rory win. Had a great season. More than deserving of the W.

Overall the format has to be considered a success in year one. Obviously there's going to be some years where the frontrunner just runs away with things but we got some real drama this year which was good to see.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I personally can’t wait for the Rory vs Brooks Ryder Cup when they are Captains.

That’d be show business.

• Like 2

Guy that played the best over 4 days won. I think the pga tour got what they were going for from the format

• Like 3

Guy that played the best over 4 days won. I think the pga tour got what they were going for from the format

Absolutely - had the drama they wanted, a format everyone could follow without being a mathematical genius and a clear cut winner. Win for the Tour for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

I hope they revamp the value of a Major next year.

We had a 30 degree temperature swing from Friday to Saturday!  Quite the contrast!  The damp, overcast, 61 degree day on Saturday scared the course nearly empty.  I played the final 5 holes with a 12 year old kid.  Very talented player for his age and size.  He finished that 5 hole stretch +2.  He is also much smaller than my 11 year old daughter.

Anyway, his idea for fixing the FedEx Cup was fascinating.  Break the season into six - 30 day segments with each culminating with the "major" that month corresponds too.  

• February-March - The Players
  • March-April - The Masters
  • April-May - PGA
  • May-June - US Open
  • June-July - The Open
  • July-August - Tour Championship

The top five players from each segment not already qualified from previous segments, gets an exemption into the Tour Championship.  It rewards majors while almost guaranteeing the best players are in the Tour Championship.

I thought that was a pretty incredible idea coming from a 12 year old kid!

• Like 4

I like that, but what about September through January?

I don’t like football that much.

That’s where the “World Tour” should go. But I guess everyone needs a break, all sports have an off season.

Another thing I’d like to see them tone back is the thing. I watched 2 hours and all I heard was bonus, money, cash, cars.... that is setting a terrible example for the up and comers (kids).

What other sport is money talked about so much? Yes they are paid large sums of money to play basketball, football, baseball etc. but they don’t focus on that.

Yes it is cool that they win 15 mil. But it takes away from the golf I think.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I like that, but what about September through January?

I don’t like football that much.

That’s where the “World Tour” should go. But I guess everyone needs a break, all sports have an off season.

Another thing I’d like to see them tone back is the emoji383.png thing. I watched 2 hours and all I heard was bonus, money, cash, cars.... that is setting a terrible example for the up and comers (kids).

What other sport is money talked about so much? Yes they are paid large sums of money to play basketball, football, baseball etc. but they don’t focus on that.

Yes it is cool that they win 15 mil. But it takes away from the golf I think.

I hadn't thought about it to be honest.  I was just impressed with this kids idea as it was.  Maybe the WGC's could fall around the world at that time.  I would especially like to see a WGC in Australia.

• Like 2

The other sports focus on money. We hear about contract holdouts, free agency, and not reporting to camp because they don’t make enough. Other sports are “salaries” and they have a contract that dictates what they will be paid for a period of time. Golf is more of an “hourly” job and you are never guaranteed to get money. How many golfers get a TV show to announce their signings like Lebron. The money factor with golf is really only discussed when talking about the FedEx cup so it has been a topic over the past few weeks.

• Like 5