Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Davis Love's "Ooooh" moment

Justin66

Anyone see Bridgestone's new commercial? It has Freddie and his... assistant(?) reading a fan-letter about switching to the e6 ball from a Titleist model. At the end, DLIII comes on and talks about kicking that same "habit"!

Now, this is most likely a nonissue, but the first thing I thought when I saw it was "Oh, no he didn't"! Anyone else catch this? Did you have the same (or any) reaction?

we obviously dont know the details of what happened but, titleist pays handsomely esp to the top 50 players from what i'm told. thats a low blow dig against a hand that fed him for the better part of his career. i thought the spot, though very effective, aggressive and impactful, was beneath golf and dl3. we dont need trash talking in our sport.

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

we obviously dont know the details of what happened but, titleist pays handsomely esp to the top 50 players from what i'm told. thats a low blow dig against a hand that fed him for the better part of his career. i thought the spot, though very effective, aggressive and impactful, was beneath golf and dl3. we dont need trash talking in our sport.

+1 Could not agree more. I think this made DL3 look like a real ........ well you fill in the blank. The guy hasn't done nothing for what the last 6-7 years and he rips the OEM that kept his face on and in the minds of the golfing world that he's such a respectful player and is about honor and integrity then he pulls this w/his buddy Freddy. It was a real low blow in my opinion! :angry:

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

+1 Could not agree more. I think this made DL3 look like a real ........ well you fill in the blank. The guy hasn't done nothing for what the last 6-7 years and he rips the OEM that kept his face on and in the minds of the golfing world that he's such a respectful player and is about honor and integrity then he pulls this w/his buddy Freddy. It was a real low blow in my opinion! :angry:

Heck I thought it was funny! I have the Titleist "habit" and I am proud of it and I aint looking to kick it anytime soon.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

While I certainly wasn't privy to the discussions b/w DLIII and Titleist, the word is that DLIII was not happy at all with Titleist and there's now some bad blood there.

Derek

72strokeslogo_green.jpg

Didn't see the ad, but as for my two cents: expecting "class" from a Tarhole is like expecting a glass of ice water in hell.

Tarhole RITFLMAO!!! I am a NC native but I have lived in SC so long (30 years) that I talk junk about them also. Hate "Dookie" also. I am a NC State or ECU fan

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Tarhole RITFLMAO!!! I am a NC native but I have lived in SC so long (30 years) that I talk junk about them also. Hate "Dookie" also. I am a NC State or ECU fan

As a State fan, do you miss Herb yet? Herb was one of my favorite coaches in the ACC during my time there, and I always felt like he got a raw deal.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

As a State fan, do you miss Herb yet? Herb was one of my favorite coaches in the ACC during my time there, and I always felt like he got a raw deal.

I have not kept up with them much since the Valvano days. I pull for their golf progam. their golf coach has been there for 30 plus years and he was a friend of my Dad's. I was actualy supposed to go to school there in 73 but screwed up my jr and sr year in high school. That is another story for another time entirely my fault.

G

Archived