TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Tommy Armour Atomic Irons

Golfspy_CG2

On 8/27/2019 at 6:37 PM, Tsecor said:

It's very doable. I think you can close the gaps pretty easily. Obviously the industry is moving in this direction and you don't have to use traditional lofts in the 8-w. you just don't have to have all the tech built in. 

Absolutely, you could always get a set of player's irons or blades bent to make them stronger.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

As they say. Rubbing is racing and if you're loose you're out of control. I sprayed it all over in my match on Sunday. Distance was ugo. Accuracy was ugo and my score would make it 3 for 3.

Next round is Sunday to practice before our club championship.

Thankfully the problem wasn't the irons lol.

My Sat round was spot on with everything. Guess I just used up all the good stuff.

I'm still thinking of regripping again and this time added more tape to build them up. The karma grips are holding up nicely just thinner than expected. Guess one companies size isn't the same across the board.

But I am loving these irons. Just shows you you don't have to get a second mortgage to have quality clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Just a little update from me: Im still struggling with these irons.  The distance with them is amazing but Im struggling to dial in the distance control with them because there isnt a ton of feel.

These irons are interesting and Im kind of on the fence about whether or not the technology in them would be a help or not.  I feel like for a slower swinger, they would be a help in terms of distance but I wonder how much the distance would really help if I cant hit a green with them.

For comparison sake, I tried comparing them to my AP1s, DCI 981s and my vintage Spalding blades at the range the other day and I felt like the the other irons, I was more easily able to control the distance and was more able to feel the quality of the strike.

Having said that, by no means do I think these Atomics are bad clubs.  Theyre quite good actually and I think that anyone who is considering a GI iron should at least consider them.  If nothing else, they are a great value.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

I see Zen is struggling a little dialing in distances. Let me tell you, that was me prior to hitting the range for a three bucket bender to make sure these were going to help me. I mentioned in a message to the group I am not a patient man. I am like a kid when a text message comes in. I gotta do what im doing and then move on, quickly. BUT I will tell you, I needed to spend time at the range to get used to the Atomics. I grabbed three buckets and took my time. only after that session was I able to really dial in my distances. Once I did that, I was good to go and it translated directly to the course. 

Ill be playing this weekend again and we'll see if the train can keep rolling.  If you are having issues with the hot face and consistency, my advice would be to keep plugging along. It will come 

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

3 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

I see Zen is struggling a little dialing in distances. Let me tell you, that was me prior to hitting the range for a three bucket bender to make sure these were going to help me. I mentioned in a message to the group I am not a patient man. I am like a kid when a text message comes in. I gotta do what im doing and then move on, quickly. BUT I will tell you, I needed to spend time at the range to get used to the Atomics. I grabbed three buckets and took my time. only after that session was I able to really dial in my distances. Once I did that, I was good to go and it translated directly to the course. 

Ill be playing this weekend again and we'll see if the train can keep rolling.  If you are having issues with the hot face and consistency, my advice would be to keep plugging along. It will come 

Im trying.  If nothing else, its getting more some great practice with my wedges and short game. LOL

4 minutes ago, ZenGolfer said:

Im trying.  If nothing else, its getting more some great practice with my wedges and short game. LOL

same. I am better with the 4-8I than I am with the short wedges with these clubs....I am really going to focus on the 50 yard and in wedges this coming week because I still do not have these dialed in. Hotness across the entire set is tough for me to control.....ill get it...keep grinding bro....

Golf is cool

I've got to say that it also took me a few rounds and some range time to get used to the Atomics. Not to mention when I looked back at my stung video I noticed a horrible over the top move that I had to work on. My iron striking has never been the apex of my game, but after some practice it's getting better.

I will say, these irons help me want to be better. They're fun to hit. There is nothing like pulling an 8 iron on a shot where I used to hit a six. Granted, I know they are strong lofts, but anything that makes the game more fun is good in my book.

I've got a couple of rounds planned for the upcoming long weekend and I'm ready to give the 4 another go off the tee.
@Tsecor I enjoyed reading your assessment of the Atomics. They are shaping up to be great irons and I believe more people should give them a shot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've got to say that it also took me a few rounds and some range time to get used to the Atomics. Not to mention when I looked back at my stung video I noticed a horrible over the top move that I had to work on. My iron striking has never been the apex of my game, but after some practice it's getting better.

I will say, these irons help me want to be better. They're fun to hit. There is nothing like pulling an 8 iron on a shot where I used to hit a six. Granted, I know they are strong lofts, but anything that makes the game more fun is good in my book.

I've got a couple of rounds planned for the upcoming long weekend and I'm ready to give the 4 another go off the tee.
@Tsecor I enjoyed reading your assessment of the Atomics. They are shaping up to be great irons and I believe more people should give them a shot.

Thanks chunk. cant wait to keep reading everyone's stage 2. keep those data points coming!!!!

Golf is cool

51 minutes ago, BigtazzGolf said:

As they say. Rubbing is racing and if you're loose you're out of control. I sprayed it all over in my match on Sunday. Distance was ugo. Accuracy was ugo and my score would make it 3 for 3.

Next round is Sunday to practice before our club championship.

Thankfully the problem wasn't the irons lol.

My Sat round was spot on with everything. Guess I just used up all the good stuff.

I'm still thinking of regripping again and this time added more tape to build them up. The karma grips are holding up nicely just thinner than expected. Guess one companies size isn't the same across the board.

But I am loving these irons. Just shows you you don't have to get a second mortgage to have quality clubs.

Amen bruther.   Bargain price for a quality set of irons is no joke! 💣

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I love this statement. Price and quality don't have to be exclusively mutual. The Atomics are a very budget friendly set of irons, that in my opinion, are over engineered at their price point. I'll even go so far as to say this even at the original price of $799. I'm not complaining at all, in the equipment realm things can get pricy fast and I believe the Atomics give you a good ratio of bang to buck.

When you look at performance vs $$$, it rarely makes sense to spend $1500 for a set.....for amateurs anyway. This is why these are the perfect club for athletes entering the sport. These clubs are technologically on par with all the other GI irons out there. Given the fact these can help golfers across a broad spectrum of HDCP range, I cannot see any reason why these would not make a splash alongside the PING line and Titleist line.

Golf is cool

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I'm about to head out and play nine with nothing but the Atomics, my wedges, and a putter. I'm actually a little nervous about the results, as the driver is my security blanket. It should be fun, though, and I'll let y'all know how it goes.

The long irons off the tee should explode for you. Good luck!!!

Golf is cool

The long irons off the tee should explode for you. Good luck!!!
Thank you! I'm really hoping that I've finally got some of the longer irons figured out. Looking at my Arccos stats shots in the 150-180 range are my kryptonite. I have absolutely, positively nothing in my bag that I can consistently hit in that range. Screenshot_20190829-134301.jpeg

The Ping long game gapping has really got me thinking about how important that part of the bag is sometimes overlooked, but very critical when it comes to playing your best.

Today only, there is a flash sale. Regular Atomics and steel Max’s at $360. Graphite Max’s for $405.

Save another $40-$50 bucks

Heading out tomorrow to Sedona and will be playing at least one round while there. The local DSG has them in stock. I’m tempted to try them out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Just wanted to share this lil tidbit.

The range has added the Toptracer monitors and one of the games is closest to pin from 149 yds.

Currently holding down 3rd for the month with a sweet lil Atomic 8 iron to 4'10"

🏌️

IMG_1042.PNG

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I played yesterday at a different course here in town. I love it when college football season starts, usually this course is pretty crowded on Saturdays but we were basically able to walk on at 9:30.

I shot 93, which is the lowest score I've ever carded on this course. I played with my friend Ryan who is a beast off the tee, and came away with the better score. The Atomics performed well for me again, especially from the 7 iron to the wedges. The shot the stands out to me is the 9 iron I hit from the higher grass between tee boxes after pull hooking a 3 wood on six. The ball flew nice and high and stopped 7 feet from where it landed. Screenshot_20190901-085023-01.jpeg

My only bad drive of the day came on the 10th. I lost a ball in the pond on the right after pushing a 4 iron, which led to a quadruple bogey. This is the specific hole that I need to be able to hit something other than driver due to the narrow window you have to hit through to get to the fairway. 20190831_111849-01.jpeg

After 10 rounds the Atomics are still leading the Cobra's after the same point. The main issue is the tight gapping at the top of the bag, with a 9 yard difference between the 5 through 7 irons. 20190901_083817.jpeg

Here's where the Atomics are shining, I've had 4/7 full rounds scoring below 95. With the Cobra's it's 5/18.

I'm hoping to get in at least one more round before heading back to work on Wednesday. I'm not going to guarantee it, it's been busy here with having to get projects taken care of.

Hey guys

Just returned home from a very frustrating round. I felt like tossing a club for the first time since I was 15 yrs old.  The bad?, hitting drives right, fatting wedge after wedge, not being able to control delicate chips, which has become a trend for me with these clubs.

The good? Well, I hit the longest drive of my life.  played a 450 yard hole and was only 60 yards out off the tee. I hit it real well and got a massive roll. The tees were up a bit so without the range finder, the true estimate is 320. ill show you the video in another post.  Hit a 9 iron off the toe from 140 and didnt lose a yard. ended up 10 feet from the pin.....video to come.

Had a very hard time with the short wedges. I realized after using these over and over again, the flop shot cannot be pulled off by an average ball striker like myself. I said a blended set would work very well with V2 and im more convinced than ever.  Stay tuned for the Vokey vs Atomic video, the fatted wedge video and others.....

Golf is cool

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played yesterday at a different course here in town. I love it when college football season starts, usually this course is pretty crowded on Saturdays but we were basically able to walk on at 9:30.

I shot 93, which is the lowest score I've ever carded on this course. I played with my friend Ryan who is a beast off the tee, and came away with the better score. The Atomics performed well for me again, especially from the 7 iron to the wedges. The shot the stands out to me is the 9 iron I hit from the higher grass between tee boxes after pull hooking a 3 wood on six. The ball flew nice and high and stopped 7 feet from where it landed. Screenshot_20190901-085023-01.jpeg

My only bad drive of the day came on the 10th. I lost a ball in the pond on the right after pushing a 4 iron, which led to a quadruple bogey. This is the specific hole that I need to be able to hit something other than driver due to the narrow window you have to hit through to get to the fairway. 20190831_111849-01.jpeg

After 10 rounds the Atomics are still leading the Cobra's after the same point. The main issue is the tight gapping at the top of the bag, with a 9 yard difference between the 5 through 7 irons. 20190901_083817.jpeg

Here's where the Atomics are shining, I've had 4/7 full rounds scoring below 95. With the Cobra's it's 5/18.

I'm hoping to get in at least one more round before heading back to work on Wednesday. I'm not going to guarantee it, it's been busy here with having to get projects taken care of.

nice rounds!!! looks like you have found your gamers

Golf is cool

So, I wanted to post some frustrating videos. Typically when I read reviews, everything is sunshine and roses. And I do not want to go the opposite way because I have had a great time with these irons, except for the short wedges. If you have been a reader, you will see I have called for V2 of these clubs to be a blended set of hollow faced long irons from the 4-7i and a straight muscle back 8-w. Some videos below capture my frustration with the short wedges, especially in the rough. 

Video 1 - I hit the longest drive of my life. Hole is measured at 450 yards and I blew it by the 150. The tees were up a bit, approx. 30 yards, so we will call it 420. I had a nice roll and hit it ~ 320. Never before had I achieved this length. Then I fatted the 60 yard approach shot.....ARRRGGGGHHHHHH.....

Hit the best drive of my life.....then this...

Here is the frustration boiling over. Within 7 rounds with these, i've fatted the short "P" wedge and "A" wedge at least 10 times.

Then I wanted to show you a comparison video of the "P" vs the Titleist Vokey.  I hit both clubs the same. The Atomic came off "hot" but came up short. The Vokey popped up and landed softly.  I am struggling with the delicate chips.

Atomic vs Vokey results - Frustrating

So these videos are some of the "bad" if you will. I am trying to chalk it up to poor ball striking and some of my issues definitely are. BUT, even the ones I hit well are very tough to control around the green. The thick chunky soles do not go through the rough as well as a blade, but we know this right? 

So, now that the bad is out of my system, here is the greatness of these irons. I was on a par 3, 142-yard hole. Water in front left, pond behind the green. I pull the 9-iron and proceed to toe it big time. Barely hit the grooves. This is what "FORGIVENESS" means. The ball flew high and straight.....hit the green, bounced once and came to a stop. I was very impressed with the way the club reacted in this spot. 

After good rounds and bad rounds, I think I have a very good handle on these irons. And as I continued my evaluation, I realize my initial thoughts and feelings are still accurate...for me.  Give me a blended set of these and I'm playing them all the time.  I still think these are good for beginners as well as being very helpful for ANYONE who needs forgiveness in long irons and even shorter irons off the tee. I usually hit my 5 iron 185 yards, but I can bomb the Atomic 5 iron 200 yards. It really can take the place of a hybrid if need be. 

Hopefully you enjoyed these videos. Hit me up with any questions you may have. 

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

So, I wanted to post some frustrating videos. Typically when I read reviews, everything is sunshine and roses. And I do not want to go the opposite way because I have had a great time with these irons, except for the short wedges. If you have been a reader, you will see I have called for V2 of these clubs to be a blended set of hollow faced long irons from the 4-7i and a straight muscle back 8-w. Some videos below capture my frustration with the short wedges, especially in the rough. 
Video 1 - I hit the longest drive of my life. Hole is measured at 450 yards and I blew it by the 150. The tees were up a bit, approx. 30 yards, so we will call it 420. I had a nice roll and hit it ~ 320. Never before had I achieved this length. Then I fatted the 60 yard approach shot.....ARRRGGGGHHHHHH.....
[/url] Hit the best drive of my life.....then this...
Here is the frustration boiling over. Within 7 rounds with these, i've fatted the short "P" wedge and "A" wedge at least 10 times.

Then I wanted to show you a comparison video of the "P" vs the Titleist Vokey.  I hit both clubs the same. The Atomic came off "hot" but came up short. The Vokey popped up and landed softly.  I am struggling with the delicate chips.

So these videos are some of the "bad" if you will. I am trying to chalk it up to poor ball striking and some of my issues definitely are. BUT, even the ones I hit well are very tough to control around the green. The thick chunky soles do not go through the rough as well as a blade, but we know this right? 
So, now that the bad is out of my system, here is the greatness of these irons. I was on a par 3, 142-yard hole. Water in front left, pond behind the green. I pull the 9-iron and proceed to toe it big time. Barely hit the grooves. This is what "FORGIVENESS" means. The ball flew high and straight.....hit the green, bounced once and came to a stop. I was very impressed with the way the club reacted in this spot. 
After good rounds and bad rounds, I think I have a very good handle on these irons. And as I continued my evaluation, I realize my initial thoughts and feelings are still accurate...for me.  Give me a blended set of these and I'm playing them all the time.  I still think these are good for beginners as well as being very helpful for ANYONE who needs forgiveness in long irons and even shorter irons off the tee. I usually hit my 5 iron 185 yards, but I can bomb the Atomic 5 iron 200 yards. It really can take the place of a hybrid if need be. 

One of the great things about these forum reviews that I absolutely love is the honesty that our members bring to the table. I watched video after video last year when looking to purchase new irons, but the folks here influenced my decision more than anyone on YouTube. I'm enjoying your assessment of the Atomics.

I can honestly say I've only used the A wedge once for a delicate shot. It went dead at the flag and rolled past by about 20 feet. I love it and the PW for shots from 80-110 yards.

My struggle is still finding consistent clubs from 150-180 off the fairway. It could be my swing, it could be ball position, or it could be that I have absolutely no confidence that I can hit one in that range. Who knows? I sometimes think I have a mental block that limits me from hitting those distances. This can be a maddening game, but the challenge is what make me passionately love it.

I will say that I'm having more fun hitting irons than I ever have right now. I've made some horrible contact and the forgiveness in the Atomics has resulted in better than expected results.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, BigtazzGolf said:

Just wanted to share this lil tidbit.

The range has added the Toptracer monitors and one of the games is closest to pin from 149 yds.

Currently holding down 3rd for the month with a sweet lil Atomic 8 iron to 4'10"

emoji466.png🏌️emoji123.pngemoji457.png

IMG_1042.PNG

Tazz

wow...someone got a hole in 1??   That's awesome your range has this technology. We have NOTHINIG like this in our area.  Awesome shot @BigtazzGolf!!!

Golf is cool

I was able to get out and play nine holes this morning and I want to discuss a couple of things. I'm going to start off with a subject that has been brought up here and in the Wilson D7 thread: delicate shots with the set wedges.

After duffing a sand wedge on the first hole, I decided to make all my wedge shots with the Atomics. When I pulled the AW on the first I was left with about a 20 yard pitch shot to a pin that was tucked toward the front of the green. 20190903_101828-01.jpeg
I hit a nice little shot that landed close to the flag and had it roll out about 20 feet.20190903_102024-01.jpeg

My tee shot on the par 3 6th ended up to the left of the green and the AW felt like it almost wanted to chunk, but I was able to get on the green even though I left it 25 feet short. 20190903_110739-01.jpeg

My best chip of the day with the AW came on the 8th hole, a par 5. I hit a bad third shot with the 5 iron that went right and landed on one of the tee boxes on 7, leaving me a little over 50 yards out. I hit a nice AW that hit the green, but just rolled off the back side of it. 20190903_113716-01.jpeg
What you can't see here is the green slopes down from here toward a creek. I could have putted, and seriously thought about it, but no guts no glory. I ended up here:20190903_142113-01.jpeg
The red circle is where I chipped from and was able to one putt for the bogey.

The other thing I want to talk about is the four iron, I think I might be falling in love. After a rough start to the round, I was trying to take on some trees on the first hole and hit a terrible shot that left me with a punch out, also 4 iron, back into the fairway. Things got better after that. On the third hole I hit an atrocious duck hook drive, pulled the 4 and hit a nice shot that left me a little short of the green, and a chance to get bogey.Screenshot_20190903-143223.jpeg
I hit a beautiful drive on 5 with it.Screenshot_20190903-143303.jpeg
That's the longest shot to date I've had with it, and it felt amazing!

After another terrible drive on 9, I hit another nice, long shot that just drifted right and left me with another punch shot under some branches that I left a bit short. Screenshot_20190903-143352.jpeg
I hit another AW that left me with a 30 footer that I somehow drained.

It was another good round with the Atomics, shot 45 with just 15 putts. They saved my bacon today since I couldn't hit a drive for love nor money.

Lot's of hard work so far and I'm looking forward to the other stage 2 reviews!

Cleveland

On 9/3/2019 at 3:24 AM, Tsecor said:

Hit the best drive of my life.....then this...

Brilliant stuff @Tsecor, those wedge shots looked the same but the Vokey sounded so much better and the results speak for themselves. Keep up the great work 😁

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Right, now that I have caught up with this fantastic thread, I have a couple of thoughts about these clubs.

First, these sound like an idea starter set that will hook a newbie into our wonderful addiction 😁. They seem like a great steal at the price point.

They may not be the best for a lower handicapper when you get to the scoring clubs but could be ideal for the player looking for all the help they can get.

Finally, you guys are killing this review and are obviously having a brilliant time doing it. Keep doing what you're doing and keep us posted 👏👏👊😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

7 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Brilliant stuff @Tsecor, those wedge shots looked the same but the Vokey sounded so much better and the results speak for themselves. Keep up the great work 😁

Thank you kind sir. I seriously appreciate the feedback. That was very nice of you.! @Nunfa0

Golf is cool

16 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was able to get out and play nine holes this morning and I want to discuss a couple of things. I'm going to start off with a subject that has been brought up here and in the Wilson D7 thread: delicate shots with the set wedges.

After duffing a sand wedge on the first hole, I decided to make all my wedge shots with the Atomics. When I pulled the AW on the first I was left with about a 20 yard pitch shot to a pin that was tucked toward the front of the green. 20190903_101828-01.jpeg
I hit a nice little shot that landed close to the flag and had it roll out about 20 feet.20190903_102024-01.jpeg

My tee shot on the par 3 6th ended up to the left of the green and the AW felt like it almost wanted to chunk, but I was able to get on the green even though I left it 25 feet short. 20190903_110739-01.jpeg

My best chip of the day with the AW came on the 8th hole, a par 5. I hit a bad third shot with the 5 iron that went right and landed on one of the tee boxes on 7, leaving me a little over 50 yards out. I hit a nice AW that hit the green, but just rolled off the back side of it. 20190903_113716-01.jpeg
What you can't see here is the green slopes down from here toward a creek. I could have putted, and seriously thought about it, but no guts no glory. I ended up here:20190903_142113-01.jpeg
The red circle is where I chipped from and was able to one putt for the bogey.

The other thing I want to talk about is the four iron, I think I might be falling in love. After a rough start to the round, I was trying to take on some trees on the first hole and hit a terrible shot that left me with a punch out, also 4 iron, back into the fairway. Things got better after that. On the third hole I hit an atrocious duck hook drive, pulled the 4 and hit a nice shot that left me a little short of the green, and a chance to get bogey.Screenshot_20190903-143223.jpeg
I hit a beautiful drive on 5 with it.Screenshot_20190903-143303.jpeg
That's the longest shot to date I've had with it, and it felt amazing!

After another terrible drive on 9, I hit another nice, long shot that just drifted right and left me with another punch shot under some branches that I left a bit short. Screenshot_20190903-143352.jpeg
I hit another AW that left me with a 30 footer that I somehow drained.

It was another good round with the Atomics, shot 45 with just 15 putts. They saved my bacon today since I couldn't hit a drive for love nor money.

Your data is awesome. Looks like the leaves are starting to fall out your way.   I agree with you, the 4 iron is amazing to hit. Although the loft is strong, it gets up pretty good and you can land it softly if needed.  Very easy to hit for a strong lofted club. No reason to be afraid of hitting this. Keep rockin the review!!

Golf is cool

25 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Thank you kind sir. I seriously appreciate the feedback. That was very nice of you.! @Nunfa0

You are welcome, this forum works because of honesty and it's great to see you guys holding to that. I know I may have sounded a little fan boy in my Cobra thread but I just got lucky and found clubs that really work for me.

I can see you blending this set and finding a combo that works for you.

2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

Your data is awesome. Looks like the leaves are starting to fall out your way.   I agree with you, the 4 iron is amazing to hit. Although the loft is strong, it gets up pretty good and you can land it softly if needed.  Very easy to hit for a strong lofted club. No reason to be afraid of hitting this. Keep rockin the review!!

I haven't even took the plastic off my 4 & 5 irons yet and  I  have shelved those clubs in place of hybrids.  Now you have me thinking about giving them a try!

Cleveland

I haven't even took the plastic off my 4 & 5 irons yet and  I  have shelved those clubs in place of hybrids.  Now you have me thinking about giving them a try!
You ought to give them a try, it's taken me a little while to figure them out, but they launch the ball. I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend and hitting them some more.