Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Tommy Armour Atomic Irons

Golfspy_CG2

40 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I haven't even took the plastic off my 4 & 5 irons yet and  I  have shelved those clubs in place of hybrids.  Now you have me thinking about giving them a try!

definitely hit them, especially the 5 iron.  That replaced my hybrid off the tee.  The only issue i have with these is the fat soles out of the rough. Its tough for me in that regard.

Golf is cool

The last couple of posts have brought a question to my mind and I would like to ask my fellow testers. If you could only keep one club from this set, what would it be and why?

This was a tough one for me, as there are two contenders: the AW and the 4 iron. I love the AW, I feel confident in it from 80-110 yards. I just find it easy to control the distance and I feel like I can hit the green consistently from that distance.

But if I had to choose, I would stick with the 4 iron. As I'm working with it more, I'm getting confident that I can use it off the tee for the holes that driver isn't the best option. I am also getting more confident with it off the fairway, and for the last couple of rounds it's been better off the turf than my 3 wood. The main reason I love this club is that it's a beast for hitting knockdown shots for those times you've got to keep it under branches. I mean, in this situation, it cooks with gas. This is a shot that I hate having to make, but with my past experiences with this game, I need. Screenshot_20190904-190112.jpegScreenshot_20190904-190045.jpeg

Those are just a couple of examples of some shots that have gotten me out of trouble with trees. Now if I could just hit a stinger...

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

These irons appear to regularly be a part of DSG's Thursday sales, where you can get them for as low as $349. After following this thread, I'm not sure if there's a bigger or better bargain in golf. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

12 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

The last couple of posts have brought a question to my mind and I would like to ask my fellow testers. If you could only keep one club from this set, what would it be and why?

This was a tough one for me, as there are two contenders: the AW and the 4 iron. I love the AW, I feel confident in it from 80-110 yards. I just find it easy to control the distance and I feel like I can hit the green consistently from that distance.

But if I had to choose, I would stick with the 4 iron. As I'm working with it more, I'm getting confident that I can use it off the tee for the holes that driver isn't the best option. I am also getting more confident with it off the fairway, and for the last couple of rounds it's been better off the turf than my 3 wood. The main reason I love this club is that it's a beast for hitting knockdown shots for those times you've got to keep it under branches. I mean, in this situation, it cooks with gas. This is a shot that I hate having to make, but with my past experiences with this game, I need. Screenshot_20190904-190112.jpegScreenshot_20190904-190045.jpeg

Those are just a couple of examples of some shots that have gotten me out of trouble with trees. Now if I could just hit a stinger...

If I had to keep just one club? hmmmmmmm  very tough to answer. BUT, if i had to pick just one, id keep the 5 iron.  A lot of sets are starting with the 5 iron and i think this could be the most versatile club in the set. I have used it exclusively in place of my hybrid and this thing flies high, far and straight. If i have to hit a tight fairway off the tee, i am able to control it as the length of the club is shorter than my hybrid, but flies just as far if not farther.

Golf is cool

22 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

These irons appear to regularly be a part of DSG's Thursday sales, where you can get them for as low as $349. After following this thread, I'm not sure if there's a bigger or better bargain in golf. 

when you base value vs performance, i would be shocked if there is a better bargain out there. These have the ability to be a big seller if marketed correctly. at $349, its a no brainer. You get hollow construction with tungsten, a hot cub face and a nice performing light shaft to help increase ball speeds.  spending another $800 - 1000 on bigger name clubs that do the same thing is an excuse to spend money. I get that, but you cannot go wrong with these irons at that price point.

Golf is cool

If I had to keep just one club? hmmmmmmm  very tough to answer. BUT, if i had to pick just one, id keep the 5 iron.  A lot of sets are starting with the 5 iron and i think this could be the most versatile club in the set. I have used it exclusively in place of my hybrid and this thing flies high, far and straight. If i have to hit a tight fairway off the tee, i am able to control it as the length of the club is shorter than my hybrid, but flies just as far if not farther.

Ok that does it, I’m putting mine in the bag today!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Ok everyone. I have calculated that I have hit well north of 1000 shots with these irons between 10 rounds of golf and multiple range sessions. I think in order to really produce a real hardcore review of any golf item, you cannot hit 10 balls and decide if the product is good or bad. Even hitting clubs in a hitting bay does not truly test a product. On course testing is the key.

After this many hits, my conclusion remains the same. This is a great product for the price point and can benefit a wide range of players. For me, i have been shown the light on needing to swap out my long irons (4-6i) for something more forgiving and something that launches higher and longer. These clubs fit that bill.  The only issue is integrating these with my current set. The gaps would be way off.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for a nice set of explosive clubs that rival the performance of ANY other major manufacturer, save yourself the extra $1000 and at least test these at your local Dicks Sporting Goods.  I think you will be shocked at how good these clubs will work for you. I can't wait to see if V2 ever gets a nice blended set or another model is introduced where you can blend this set with an MB set.  if you are looking for a new set of performance clubs GO TRY THESE!!!

If anyone wants to see any other test, let me know or if you have any other questions, let me know.

I hope you enjoyed this ride.  I am very thankful to Tommy Armour / Dick's Sporting Goods and My Golf Spy for allowing me the opportunity to test these clubs. It was a blast.  Thank you

Tim Secor

Golf is cool

23 hours ago, ole gray said:

I haven't even took the plastic off my 4 & 5 irons yet and  I  have shelved those clubs in place of hybrids.  Now you have me thinking about giving them a try!

Get them out and try them, you never know what might happen...

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I have to say you guys were not joking about the 5 iron.  Let's simply say it will be staying in my bag for another round or three. 😍  I hit a laser shot from 176 out today that ended up pin high on a blue pin position.   Fricking awesome to say the least. 
My favorite of the group thus far is the GW wedge.  The darn thing is silly easy from 100 yards in.   I love it!  

Cleveland

I have to say you guys were not joking about the 5 iron.  Let's simply say it will be staying in my bag for another round or three.   I hit a laser shot from 176 out today that ended up pin high on a blue pin position.   Fricking awesome to say the least. 
My favorite of the group thus far is the GW wedge.  The darn thing is silly easy from 100 yards in.   I love it!  
That's awesome to hear! These long irons are no joke, and pretty easy to hit even for a hacker like myself. That feeling when you pure it is just amazing.

10 hours ago, Tsecor said:

Ok everyone. I have calculated that I have hit well north of 1000 shots with these irons between 10 rounds of golf and multiple range sessions. I think in order to really produce a real hardcore review of any golf item, you cannot hit 10 balls and decide if the product is good or bad. Even hitting clubs in a hitting bay does not truly test a product. On course testing is the key.

After this many hits, my conclusion remains the same. This is a great product for the price point and can benefit a wide range of players. For me, i have been shown the light on needing to swap out my long irons (4-6i) for something more forgiving and something that launches higher and longer. These clubs fit that bill.  The only issue is integrating these with my current set. The gaps would be way off.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for a nice set of explosive clubs that rival the performance of ANY other major manufacturer, save yourself the extra $1000 and at least test these at your local Dicks Sporting Goods.  I think you will be shocked at how good these clubs will work for you. I can't wait to see if V2 ever gets a nice blended set or another model is introduced where you can blend this set with an MB set.  if you are looking for a new set of performance clubs GO TRY THESE!!!

If anyone wants to see any other test, let me know or if you have any other questions, let me know.

I hope you enjoyed this ride.  I am very thankful to Tommy Armour / Dick's Sporting Goods and My Golf Spy for allowing me the opportunity to test these clubs. It was a blast.  Thank you

Tim Secor

Tim - I have really enjoyed reading your comments. I have been playing the Ping i500's for the last year and this summer I swapped out the 9 and Wedge for Blueprint's for the same reason you describe. I really like the forgiveness in the i500's but I have struggled with the consistency of the scoring clubs. I have hit good shots with the 9 and wedge of the i500 but the Blueprint is just so much easier to control. Blended sets used to be quite popular and it seems like manufacturers are beginning to think that way again, with Mizuno and Titleist leading the way. Mizuno has been doing it for some time and I think there is a real market for other brands to participate. It's not uncommon for pro's to mix and match but amateurs often don't explore that option. That could be because of a lack of options or financial restraints but it would be great if we, as average golfers, could have more opportunities to experience blended sets. At any rate - you and all the rest of the testers have done a great job with this review - I've really enjoyed it. I'm working with a few beginners and I think these irons would be great clubs that would last for quite some time.  

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

About 11 o'clock today the plant I work in told us that we had an issue they couldn't take care of while we were running and told us we had the option to leave at 12. I have some oddball PTO hours that were burning a hole in my pocket, so I left. Then the big issue was do I go home and nap since I've been up since 3:30, or do I play golf? Golf, it is!

Shot reasonably well today, 93 with 37 putts. I couldn't quite recreate the magic with the 4 iron, but I did have some solid, fairway finding drives with it. I had a couple of shots with the 8 iron that went around 140, and of course the AW was on today.

My favorite shot of the day was on the par 5 11th, I had around 135 to the center of a green that was 40 feet above where I was shooting from and hit a high 6 iron (11) that just traveled over the number and landed left of the green. That's not the most impressive number, but to me with the elevation difference it was beautiful. Screenshot_20190905-194453.jpeg.4961e529bd19527ac315bb9a400bb6ff.jpeg

I wore down quite a bit after the front nine, and my scoring showed it. I was actually only 4 over after six holes, then three consecutive doubles to end was a bummer and I don't think I had a par on the back. Guess that's the risk playing after work, but it was worth it.

48 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

About 11 o'clock today the plant I work in told us that we had an issue they couldn't take care of while we were running and told us we had the option to leave at 12. I have some oddball PTO hours that were burning a hole in my pocket, so I left. Then the big issue was do I go home and nap since I've been up since 3:30, or do I play golf? Golf, it is!

Shot reasonably well today, 93 with 37 putts. I couldn't quite recreate the magic with the 4 iron, but I did have some solid, fairway finding drives with it. I had a couple of shots with the 8 iron that went around 140, and of course the AW was on today.

My favorite shot of the day was on the par 5 11th, I had around 135 to the center of a green that was 40 feet above where I was shooting from and hit a high 6 iron (11) that just traveled over the number and landed left of the green. That's not the most impressive number, but to me with the elevation difference it was beautiful. Screenshot_20190905-194453.jpeg.4961e529bd19527ac315bb9a400bb6ff.jpeg

I wore down quite a bit after the front nine, and my scoring showed it. I was actually only 4 over after six holes, then three consecutive doubles to end was a bummer and I don't think I had a par on the back. Guess that's the risk playing after work, but it was worth it.

its hard to maintain when you are so tired. The body and mind are not 100% meshed in situations like that. Overall, not bad given the circumstances. 

Golf is cool

2 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Tim - I have really enjoyed reading your comments. I have been playing the Ping i500's for the last year and this summer I swapped out the 9 and Wedge for Blueprint's for the same reason you describe. I really like the forgiveness in the i500's but I have struggled with the consistency of the scoring clubs. I have hit good shots with the 9 and wedge of the i500 but the Blueprint is just so much easier to control. Blended sets used to be quite popular and it seems like manufacturers are beginning to think that way again, with Mizuno and Titleist leading the way. Mizuno has been doing it for some time and I think there is a real market for other brands to participate. It's not uncommon for pro's to mix and match but amateurs often don't explore that option. That could be because of a lack of options or financial restraints but it would be great if we, as average golfers, could have more opportunities to experience blended sets. At any rate - you and all the rest of the testers have done a great job with this review - I've really enjoyed it. I'm working with a few beginners and I think these irons would be great clubs that would last for quite some time.  

Hey there @golfertrb......Thank you so much for the support and feedback. I truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out with such a lengthy response. That's very nice of you.   

I totally agree with you and I think the industry should look at making blended sets the "norm" when fitting a beginner or a scratch HDCP. While the designers of clubs like to make money by offering different types of sets, I think the market can head in that direction and not worry about their sales diminishing because they could offer all the same configurations and add a blended set and probably make even more money. 

Anyway, im glad you have found a set makeup that works for you and thanks again for the nice post! that made my night reading that 😉

Golf is cool

its hard to maintain when you are so tired. The body and mind are not 100% meshed in situations like that. Overall, not bad given the circumstances. 
You ain't kidding, I definitely saw some problems with my game yesterday especially with the driver and with the sand wedge. Both led to some major frustration, which was just a lack of focus on my part.

The best example that comes to mind was on the 12th hole, which is a hole I love. It's a driveable par 4 that really brings out the focus to make a good tee shot. I pushed the drive almost to the far side of the 15th fairway. I really had to search for my ball and when I found it the only bright spot was that it went farther than I expected. I brought out the sand wedge, chunk. The next shot was another chunk. Finally, I was able to get my third attempt close enough that it only took one putt to finish off the hole. Screenshot_20190906-104043.jpeg

On a good note, after 12 rounds with the Atomics I'm finally starting to see some good gapping from the 7 iron through the wedges. The 4 iron is averaging the same as the 5, but it's not a huge concern since I've used it to hit some low rescue shots. The greater gap from PW to AW (50, 54 degree) is a byproduct of the round where I didn't hit my sand or lob wedge. Screenshot_20190906-103540.jpeg

Great stuff guys.

Sorry I wasn't able to get out this week. Lil thing called work caused issues lol.

Tomorrow we are set to play a notorious windy course.

With these clubs wanting to go high, tomorrow could be a true test.

Last weekends round I posted a -2 under net score. The front was horrible and you'd think I forgot how to play. Luckily I remembered on the back.

Making 4 birdies in a round is something I've NEVER done. One maybe 2 is what I usually can do. Was it the clubs? Or me?

I'll say 50/50

IMG_1061.PNG

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Today was one of those days I was regretting playing golf while standing on the first tee box. I was playing as a solo and was playing behind a bunch of foursomes. I'm actually surprised they let me out on the course alone.

My regret immediately went away as soon as I pulled the 4 iron and split the fairway 171 yards out. My second shot came up short and I then overshot the green with the sand wedge, two putted, and ended up with a double.

My shot of the day came on the par 4 5th hole, after a great drive I was left here, around 80 yards out.20190908_164023-01.jpeg

I pulled the trusty AW, hit a beautiful high shot that ended up 4 feet from the pin. I honestly watched it was was trying to will it to go in. 20190908_164252-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20190908-194318.jpeg

Another shot I was proud of was a 4 iron of the fairway on six that went over 180. I ended up playing the hole badly because the foursome had come off the green and were just hanging around in their carts near the green. I kept waiting for them to move, I didn't want to shank one into them. After a few minutes waiting, and fuming, I hit a shot that went into an area that was formerly a pond and took two shots to get out of.
Screenshot_20190908-194348.jpeg

On the par 3 8th I had another example of the point and shoot ability of the Atomics. I usually hit a little bit of a draw when hitting the mid irons of the tee, so I aimed right and that's where it went, just a few feet past hole high and 20 feet to the right. That's a pretty long 7 iron for me. Screenshot_20190908-194432.jpeg

Ended up with 4 doubles, a bogey, 3 pars, and a birdie for a 44.

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Today was one of those days I was regretting playing golf while standing on the first tee box. I was playing as a solo and was playing behind a bunch of foursomes. I'm actually surprised they let me out on the course alone.

My regret immediately went away as soon as I pulled the 4 iron and split the fairway 171 yards out. My second shot came up short and I then overshot the green with the sand wedge, two putted, and ended up with a double.

My shot of the day came on the par 4 5th hole, after a great drive I was left here, around 80 yards out.20190908_164023-01.jpeg

I pulled the trusty AW, hit a beautiful high shot that ended up 4 feet from the pin. I honestly watched it was was trying to will it to go in. 20190908_164252-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20190908-194318.jpeg

Another shot I was proud of was a 4 iron of the fairway on six that went over 180. I ended up playing the hole badly because the foursome had come off the green and were just hanging around in their carts near the green. I kept waiting for them to move, I didn't want to shank one into them. After a few minutes waiting, and fuming, I hit a shot that went into an area that was formerly a pond and took two shots to get out of.
Screenshot_20190908-194348.jpeg

On the par 3 8th I had another example of the point and shoot ability of the Atomics. I usually hit a little bit of a draw when hitting the mid irons of the tee, so I aimed right and that's where it went, just a few feet past hole high and 20 feet to the right. That's a pretty long 7 iron for me. Screenshot_20190908-194432.jpeg

Ended up with 4 doubles, a bogey, 3 pars, and a birdie for a 44.

I'm loving my 5 iron more and more and now the 4 iron is going to come out of the closet!   Trust me when I say I never thought I would put my 4 & 5 hybrid on the bench however the the atomic 5 iron got my attention!

Cleveland

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I'm loving my 5 iron more and more and now the 4 iron is going to come out of the closet!   Trust me when I say I never thought I would put my 4 & 5 hybrid on the bench however the the atomic 5 iron got my attention!

Same here. The 5I works great, especially off the tee. The Hybrid works better is some situations, and can be more versatile, but there is no denying the explosiveness of the Atomic long irons.

With the growing popularity of Utility irons, a set like the Atomics makes the purchase of UI's null and void in the 4-6I range. If you want a U2I and can hot such a club, by all means, go for it but the versatility of the Atomics in the long irons is extremely attractive for any golfer

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

If they are hanging by the green, hit your ball. if it flies at them, you yell FORE!!!!!!!   that's what that term is for.....lol.....groups need to be more in tune with etiquette. Don't ever let a group ahead of you ruin your game.

nice wedge shots!!!!

Golf is cool

3 hours ago, Tsecor said:

Hey testing family.....howz it going out there?  Gonna try to get out on Friday and hopefully post some short game follow up testing. How is everyone else making out?

I'm not on the "Official Testing Team" however I can report that I am enjoying the heck out of the MAX version of these irons. Easy peasy to launch and the distance is definitely eye opening.  With them going at such a bargain price and if you're are looking for some forgiveness with distance,  don't overlook these!  Big mistake if you do!

Cleveland

Hey testing family.....howz it going out there?  Gonna try to get out on Friday and hopefully post some short game follow up testing. How is everyone else making out?
I'm going crazy every day that I have to work and can't get out and play these irons. But on the days I can get out and play, I'm having fun. We're in the long process of trying to move my mother-in-law and working to get the place in shape for her. I'm hoping to get to play again this weekend, maybe Friday.

Good luck with the follow up testing with the wedges, make sure you play for plenty of run on those greenside shots. Can't wait to hear your results!

I'm not on the "Official Testing Team" however I can report that I am enjoying the heck out of the MAX version of these irons. Easy peasy to launch and the distance is definitely eye opening.  With them going at such a bargain price and if you're are looking for some forgiveness with distance,  don't overlook these!  Big mistake if you do!
100% agree

On 8/28/2019 at 8:09 PM, Tsecor said:

same. I am better with the 4-8I than I am with the short wedges with these clubs....I am really going to focus on the 50 yard and in wedges this coming week because I still do not have these dialed in. Hotness across the entire set is tough for me to control.....ill get it...keep grinding bro....

I hear you about the hotness.  Last Sunday, I played at my home course and one of the holes is a 165 yard par 3.  For me, thats usually an easy 6-iron, so I pulled out the 7 and hit probably the best 7-iron shot of my life.  Dead center in the middle of the club and right at the flag.  Unfortunately, the ball flew about 170 yards, took 1 hop of the green and went over the back edge.  

Ive been playing that course for almost 10 years and have never, ever hit a ball over the green.  It made it fun when I had to do a 20 yard chip but keep it under the low hanging tree and get it to stop with a green that runs away from you.  Long story short: I chipped to about 10 feet and 2-putted for bogey.  Oh well.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

6 hours ago, Tsecor said:

Pretty good.  Im still struggling to get the feel for my distances with these irons but they are very long and forgiving.  Im actually thinking about trying a more high-spin ball because I feel like these clubs might benefit from something that spins a bit more.  My normal, el-cheapo, low-spin balls just seem to go and go and go with these irons, which makes it difficult to get the ball to stop on the greens.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

On 9/7/2019 at 2:57 AM, sirchunksalot said:

You ain't kidding, I definitely saw some problems with my game yesterday especially with the driver and with the sand wedge. Both led to some major frustration, which was just a lack of focus on my part.

The best example that comes to mind was on the 12th hole, which is a hole I love. It's a driveable par 4 that really brings out the focus to make a good tee shot. I pushed the drive almost to the far side of the 15th fairway. I really had to search for my ball and when I found it the only bright spot was that it went farther than I expected. I brought out the sand wedge, chunk. The next shot was another chunk. Finally, I was able to get my third attempt close enough that it only took one putt to finish off the hole. Screenshot_20190906-104043.jpeg

On a good note, after 12 rounds with the Atomics I'm finally starting to see some good gapping from the 7 iron through the wedges. The 4 iron is averaging the same as the 5, but it's not a huge concern since I've used it to hit some low rescue shots. The greater gap from PW to AW (50, 54 degree) is a byproduct of the round where I didn't hit my sand or lob wedge. Screenshot_20190906-103540.jpeg

That gapping will just get better as time goes by but it's looking good now 😁

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0