TESTERS WANTED! ×

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Tommy Armour Atomic Irons

Golfspy_CG2

I went to the range today, as life has kept playing time to a minimum the last couple of weeks. It killed me when I pulled up into the parking lot and the course was pretty much empty, that's the side effect of college football in the south.

Anyhow, I had fun getting out and hitting the Atomics and trying a couple of things differently than normal. I tried hitting a draw, but as I mentioned earlier, it just didn't happen. I haven't really ever dedicated time to working the ball, focusing only on hitting the ball where I aim. They definitely are accurate when I just try hit a target. I hit one that bounced off the 100 yard marker and several near it with the short irons. Also, the mid irons were going near where I wanted when I put a good swing on them.

I also tried a couple of times to hit a stinger, but lived up to my name and just chunked them. Again, it's not something I've ever tried, but wanted to give it a go. The 4 and 5 off the turf performed well, going long and straight. These are not long irons that intimidate me, and I like that.

Lastly, I tried hitting a flop with the AW. I had thought about trying on the course and am glad I did it on the range instead. I was hitting a nice 50 yard shot, but the flop action just wasn't there. I was pleased that I could really open the face on a tight lie and not completely skull it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 8/9/2019 at 3:14 PM, BigtazzGolf said:

Stage Two – Tommy Armour Atomic Irons

by BigtazzGOLF Oct, 2019

Hello Spies, let me start off that I would like to apologize for the delay in getting my stage 2 posted for you guys. I’d like to thank MyGolfSpy and Tommy Armour (DSG) for the chance to review these irons. I started off hoping not to make it a competition between what I currently gamed, TM Speedblades, and these, but it just didn't happen. A month into the test and I was putting them against each other. Sadly to say I loved them equally and can’t pick a winner.

I will say with 100% honesty that these clubs are very nice and I think anyone from 10ish handicap up would really like these clubs and at the price point, you really can’t compare them.

Looks (9 out of 10 points) 

I really love the look of these irons from the top. If you look at the bottom, you’ll notice a wide sole that may put you off. So to fix this, I didn’t swing the club upside down 😃

In my opinion you can’t see it from above or when addressing the ball.

For looks I give it 9 only because the sole will be noticed when the club is in your bag and it may make you think bad things, like why is this shovel or hybrid in my bag.

Rest easy, you’ll be fine.

Sound & Feel (8  out of 10 points)

These irons sound crisp when hitting the sweet spot and as expected, off center hits have a different sound. Not clicky just not the pure sound you are supposed to hear. They are forgiving on these mishits and feel really good during the swing. The club feels well balanced to me and if you ever sliced butter with a knife, then you know how these clubs feel on well hit shots.

Basic Characteristics (17 out of 20 points)

When I first started testing these irons, short irons were the first ones to get dialed in and to be honest I’m still having issues with the long irons, 4-6 but that isn’t the irons, that’s me. I injured my knee at the beginning of the season and since then I’ve swung the club to try and protect and guard against the pain and not put so much torque on my knee. This has caused a bad over the top path and we all know what happens then.

Distance, I had a mixed bag. I figured with the jacked lofts it would mean and increase in all my irons, but it didn’t happen that way. I did see an increase in some and none in others.

My trajectory is usually high because of a flaw in my swing and I’ve learned to play to it. I didn’t see any difference in the ball flight compared to the Speedblades. Just nice high long shots that would go a certain distance then drop from the sky like a duck shot during the season. Some will understand that metaphor.

At my skill level, working a ball and controlling a ball are accidental not purposeful. But I’d like to say that once I got used to how the ball would react I could depend on the flight and dare say “control” it.

Maybe you noticed my post earlier about making a bird from 103 yds with the wedge down at Ole Miss.

I’ve had on more than one occasion some very nice shots. Was it the club? Me? Ball? Dumb luck?

Who knows?

On-Course Performance (25 out of 30 points)

This is where it all matters; I’ve mentioned the good and what to me could be bad. Playing with confidence is part of golf and if you have it then you’ll likely play better. After a week or so in my hands I was oozing confidence with these irons and didn’t worry about what would happen.Sometimes with new clubs you’re hesitant on pulling the trigger to use it in a pressure situation. With the Tommy Armour irons, I wasn’t worried. I just pulled the trigger and let it go. 

With these irons, what pleased me the most is the ease of getting used to them and how smooth they feel when playing from various lies. On the other end of the spectrum is the lack of customization. I mean you get what you order and ordering options are very limited. Here lies the curse of a big box store selling golf equipment. You really can’t have it your way, you have to have it their way for the most part.

Final Performance Comments:

• Overall, how did it perform? 

These irons performed great for me and I really enjoyed hitting them

• Did it help improve your scores? By how much?

Not really improve, but with new sticks in your hands, it didn’t hurt me either

• How, if at all, did this product change your overall impression of the OEM?

It really opened my eyes to Tommy Armour and I could only imagine how clubs built by them  really performed during the companies peak.

• What feature would you change or eliminate from the next generation of this model?

Find a way for the consumer to get them ordered with more options, ie grips, shaft options.

• What features do you really like, and would most like to see continued or evolved in future models?

Love it as is, don’t change a thing except to give the golfer some options

Miscellaneous (5 out of 10 points)

Here is where DSG is lacking and needs to improve, but the lack of grip or shaft options really hurt in my opinion. Then again, maybe these irons are marketed for golfers who care about this and stock is good for them. If that’s the case, then one of us doesn’t know the golfing audience like we think we do.

Play it or Trade it? (17 out of 20 points)

I will play these irons for the time being and will continue my search for a grip I like. Then will re-grip these again (3rd time) and hopefully the last time until the grips are actually worn.

Conclusion

My conclusion on these irons if you read nothing else is if your a mid capper or high capper and are looking for something new that won’t bankrupt you, then really look hard at these irons. You will be surprised and if able to demo them, please go do so and compare them to your own.

Final Score: (81 out of 100)

good job @BigtazzGolf!!!

Golf is cool

• 1 month later...

So, the season is probably over for me, so I thought I'd do an end of season wrap up on these clubs.
I kind of split the season between these and my vintage clubs but I played probably the last month or so with them and I really started to like them.
They are long and forgiving. They inspire you with confidence but also aren't overly chunky.
I still dont think that they have the best feel in the world but I think these clubs are more about forgiveness and distance than they are feel anyways. I will say though that they do give you some feedback. When you hit one in the middle of the face, you can really feel the ball jump off the face.
As some of you may know, I do the minimalist golf thing and I think part of my struggle with these clubs was that I had such a gap between my 9-iron and 54 degree wedge. I loosened the rules a bit and allowed myself 8 clubs instead of 7 and added the AW from the set to the bag. I think the AW helped a lot because it gave me a reliable 100 yard club instead of trying to muscle up a 54 or throttling back a 9-iron. For me, the 54 is about 90 yards and the 9 is about 125 yards.
So, yeah, big fan. IMO, if someone doesnt care about brand and wants a great value, these are ones to consider.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 1:58 PM, ZenGolfer said:

As some of you may know, I do the minimalist golf thing and I think part of my struggle with these clubs was that I had such a gap between my 9-iron and 54 degree wedge. I loosened the rules a bit and allowed myself 8 clubs instead of 7 and added the AW from the set to the bag. I think the AW helped a lot because it gave me a reliable 100 yard club instead of trying to muscle up a 54 or throttling back a 9-iron. For me, the 54 is about 90 yards and the 9 is about 125 yards.

Where is the PW?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

On 12/2/2019 at 10:08 AM, Sluggo42 said:

Where is the PW?

I only carry a half set, so no PW.  I go 5, 7, and 9.  I considered going 6, 8 and PW but then I would have kind of a big distance gap between my 6-iron and 5-wood.  I feel like there would be a lot of instances where the 5-wood would be way too much club and the 6-iron wouldnt be enough.

For me, the Atomic 5-iron is about 180 yards and the Atomic 5-wood is about 200 yards, so if I swapped out the 5-iron for the 6, there would probably be a 30 yard gap between the 2 clubs and thats signifigant for me.  I feel like Id rather have a more even gapping between my FW and irons and then make up the difference in my wedge game by manipulating the loft of my 56 degree.  I can turn it into a 52* by closing the face or playing the ball back in my stance and turn it into a 60* by opening the face.

Edited by ZenGolfer

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Great reviews guys. I have 2 questions :
1. We're you offered different shaft flexes/lie angles?
2. What kind of on-course spin did you guys experience? These being loft-jacked, I'd assume the descent angles are not "great" and they may roll out a lot?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

Great reviews guys. I have 2 questions :
1. We're you offered different shaft flexes/lie angles?
2. What kind of on-course spin did you guys experience? These being loft-jacked, I'd assume the descent angles are not "great" and they may roll out a lot?

Great questions!

1. We were offered different flexes, we had the option to go with regular or stiff flex. As far as the lie angles go, mine are standard and I'm positive that I could have had them adjusted if I had wanted. One of the things I like about the Atomics is they have a slot on the hosel similar to Ping that probably make the adjustment easy.

20190726_161153-01.jpeg

2. I thought the stopping power was really good for SGI clubs. They launch high and come down soft. I had several instances where my ball stopped close to the pitch mark.

20190816_162047-01.jpeg

20190816_171650-01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 12/11/2019 at 5:54 AM, sirchunksalot said:

Great questions!

1. We were offered different flexes, we had the option to go with regular or stiff flex. As far as the lie angles go, mine are standard and I'm positive that I could have had them adjusted if I had wanted. One of the things I like about the Atomics is they have a slot on the hosel similar to Ping that probably make the adjustment easy.

2. I thought the stopping power was really good for SGI clubs. They launch high and come down soft. I had several instances where my ball stopped close to the pitch mark.

Thank you for the response!

I was a tester for the Lynx Black Cat irons, and had some customization options (shaft flex, lie, grip), so was curious about that. During testing, I found that when comparing my current (Cobra F8) and Lynx irons, the spin was vastly different. My cobra irons would hit the green and spin back quite a bit - while the Lynx would do basically exactly what the TA's did (according to your pictures).

Your answer on spin surprised me because my Cobras and the TA Atomics are both "loft jacked" (TA's more so). And the Lynx's are much more traditionally lofted. Yet my Cobra irons have a LOT of spin.

I was on a Trackman today, hit my Lynx 7 iron about 150 yards with around 5500 RPM back spin (averaging a few swings). I hit my Cobra 7 iron 165 with... ALMOST 12,000 RPM BACKSPIN (averaging a few swings).

I guess I don't know the point of my rambling haha but thank you for the great responses!

Also, I went to UT - go Vols!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

I was a tester for the Lynx Black Cat irons, and had some customization options (shaft flex, lie, grip), so was curious about that. During testing, I found that when comparing my current (Cobra F8) and Lynx irons, the spin was vastly different. My cobra irons would hit the green and spin back quite a bit - while the Lynx would do basically exactly what the TA's did (according to your pictures).
Your answer on spin surprised me because my Cobras and the TA Atomics are both "loft jacked" (TA's more so). And the Lynx's are much more traditionally lofted. Yet my Cobra irons have a LOT of spin.
I was on a Trackman today, hit my Lynx 7 iron about 150 yards with around 5500 RPM back spin (averaging a few swings). I hit my Cobra 7 iron 165 with... ALMOST 12,000 RPM BACKSPIN (averaging a few swings).
I guess I don't know the point of my rambling haha but thank you for the great responses!

Also, I went to UT - go Vols!
I'm surprised that your Cobra's spun more than the Lynx, considering your loft difference. But, having played the F8's, they did seem to spin quite a bit. Maybe something to do with the extra milling on the face? I wish I would have gotten photos of the numbers they were putting up when I got fitted. That's the obsession I had with distance whenever I bought them taking over and being what I wanted out of them so bad.

I will say that I took a couple of photos of the Tommy Armour's and the spin on the 7 iron was around 5200 rpm.

I will admit as much as I have brought up the lack of customization in this thread the one thing I have really appreciated about the XP85 shaft is that it's the least abusive steel shaft I've ever hit. I can either play or spend lots of time at the range and not have the soreness in the elbows from hitting so much.

P.S. I think is awesome you went to UT, Go Big Orange!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 12/13/2019 at 10:06 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I'm surprised that your Cobra's spun more than the Lynx, considering your loft difference. But, having played the F8's, they did seem to spin quite a bit. Maybe something to do with the extra milling on the face? I wish I would have gotten photos of the numbers they were putting up when I got fitted. That's the obsession I had with distance whenever I bought them taking over and being what I wanted out of them so bad.

I will say that I took a couple of photos of the Tommy Armour's and the spin on the 7 iron was around 5200 rpm.

I will admit as much as I have brought up the lack of customization in this thread the one thing I have really appreciated about the XP85 shaft is that it's the least abusive steel shaft I've ever hit. I can either play or spend lots of time at the range and not have the soreness in the elbows from hitting so much.

P.S. I think is awesome you went to UT, Go Big Orange!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks for your response!

It seems like the grooves on the F8s are much more pronounced/well machined - which is probably the culprit.

That's great about the XP85. the F8s have XP95 shafts, I think they're great!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

• STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 6:05 PM, JimNantzsToast said:

12k backspin with a 7 iron going 165 yards??? With all due respect, I find that nearly impossible to believe... Perhaps something was amiss with the trackman?

im not sure it’s physically possible....🤔

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

12k backspin with a 7 iron going 165 yards??? With all due respect, I find that nearly impossible to believe... Perhaps something was amiss with the trackman?
im not sure it’s physically possible....

Might have shown total spin. Like side spin and back spin together which I’ve seen on other monitors. For reference on my SkyTrak the highest spin I’ve been able to achieve was 11,800 using a 56 degree wedge and ProV1x.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

14 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

im not sure it’s physically possible....🤔

Yeah no disrespect taken - I honestly think something was way wrong + I chopped way down on the ball/bad swing. My local range with the trackman has 2 bays, the right bay seems to always be right/calibrated correctly, the left bay is rumored to be cursed. I think when I played that round it was on the "cursed left bay" that never seems to be quite right.

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

• 3 months later...

So, I just wanted to provide another update on these clubs.  Ive kind of started to really love these irons.  I still struggle with control with them sometimes and hitting the ball 10 yards farther than I intend to but most of the time I hit nice, high shots with them that go pretty far and land nice and soft.

Ive started to get to the point where I most holes I try to plan my approach shot where Im 110 yards away from the green and I pull out the AW and it almost always hits these nice, high shots that go 110 yards and the ball stops within a few feet of its pitch mark, even when playing cheap 2-piece balls.

Just yesterday I had probably 4 or 5 shots with the AW where it was like you couldnt have put the ball closer to the flag if you had tossed the ball up next to the flag.

Any time that you, as a 15 handicap, can have the randoms that you get grouped with say to you, "I just love your swing.  It looks so nice and easy but the ball just goes and it goes so high" and you can just smile, knowing that youre really not THAT good and that all you need to do is make a nice, easy swing and let the club do the work.

I just wish that I could figure out why sometimes I struggle to be accurate with them and why sometimes I hit a flier that goes way farther than it should.  Its to the point where now when I judge the yardage, I go by the front edge distance, so that if I really put a whoopin on the ball, it gives me some margin for error.  Just yesterday, on my last hole, I had a 155 yard shot into the green.  I pulled out the 7-iron and just made a nice, easy swing.  The back of the green was about 170 yards and there was a cart path about 20 feet behind the hole with woods beyond that.  I hit a nice, high shot that was tracking right to the flag and I thought it was money but then the ball took a huge bounce (it looked like a superball LOL) and took one bounce into the woods and was gone.  I had to have hit that ball about 175 yards, which is about 15 yards farther than I usually hit the 7.

All in all though, I do really love these irons and for someone who is a high handicap who wants clubs that are forgiving and will help them hit the ball farther, these are good ones.

Obviously, GG/DSG doesnt sell these anymore but I do think that the 845s would fit the same bill and Im probably going to pick up a set of 845 Forged this fall when they go on sale.  Right now they are priced around $350, so Im hoping maybe to pick up a set for about $250 late in the year.

I'm glad to hear you're still liking the Atomics, they are great clubs and the price point was amazing. They're fun to hit and the 8-AW, especially, are money. 

They do occasionally have the tendency to hit one crazy long. Most of the time, though, once you know your yardages they are pretty consistent. 

They are just fun to hit and have reignited a joy in me to hit irons. People looking into a set of GI or SGI irons shouldn't let the fact they're exclusive to GG/DSG turn them off. One of the things that has been depressing about the lockdown is not being able to go try the 845 range. The forged really looks good from the pictures I've seen. 

I'm glad to hear you're still liking the Atomics, they are great clubs and the price point was amazing. They're fun to hit and the 8-AW, especially, are money. 
They do occasionally have the tendency to hit one crazy long. Most of the time, though, once you know your yardages they are pretty consistent. 
They are just fun to hit and have reignited a joy in me to hit irons. People looking into a set of GI or SGI irons shouldn't let the fact they're exclusive to GG/DSG turn them off. One of the things that has been depressing about the lockdown is not being able to go try the 845 range. The forged really looks good from the pictures I've seen. 
I'm hoping they have some stupid crazy deals on the 845s when things start to open up.

• 1 month later...

I’m going to bump this. I recently put the Tommy Armour back in the bag and took them out for a spin.

Little back story. I had been tinkering with my swing and my Pings were set for upright. So thinking that may be wrong for my new swing, I switched.

I just hit my 8 iron 148 yards today. 3 seasons ago that would’ve been 6 iron. Three weeks ago that was a 7 iron. For us high handicappers, I urge you to seriously give these a look. If you’re new to the game five these a chance. I believe I said that a year ago, but I believe these are going to stick in the bag for awhile.

Many thanks for the opportunity, I’m glad I took them out today. As an added bonus, they are sweet to look at too!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

1 hour ago, josmi15 said:

I’m going to bump this. I recently put the Tommy Armour back in the bag and took them out for a spin.

Little back story. I had been tinkering with my swing and my Pings were set for upright. So thinking that may be wrong for my new swing, I switched.

I just hit my 8 iron 148 yards today. 3 seasons ago that would’ve been 6 iron. Three weeks ago that was a 7 iron. For us high handicappers, I urge you to seriously give these a look. If you’re new to the game five these a chance. I believe I said that a year ago, but I believe these are going to stick in the bag for awhile.

Many thanks for the opportunity, I’m glad I took them out today. As an added bonus, they are sweet to look at too!

I recently put mine back in the bag after playing for the past month or so with Ping G10s and Cobra AMP Cells.  The TAs are stupid long and forgiving.  The fact that I can go from a 7-iron a 4-hybrid should tell you just how long and strong these irons are.

Ive been playing the Atomics since last summer and while I did struggle with them some with distance control, they are very forgiving and long clubs and I seem to keep coming back to them.  I am probably going to pick up a set of TA 845s this year because they have slightly more traditional lofts than what the Atomics have but Ive enjoyed the Atomics over the last year more often than not and the fact that my bag is pretty much all now Tommy Armour should tell you the impact that the Atomics had.

3 hours ago, Tsecor said:

These irons are so long, ive kept the 4I in my bag as a driving iron and a gap between my 3 hybrid and 3 wood....sounds strange, but it works

To be fair, the Atomic 4-iron is really more like a 2-iron.  Its pretty crazy to think that the Atomic 4-iron is only 1 degree weaker than my Atomic 5-wood is. LOL

18 hours ago, Pingistheanser said:

To be fair, the Atomic 4-iron is really more like a 2-iron.  Its pretty crazy to think that the Atomic 4-iron is only 1 degree weaker than my Atomic 5-wood is. LOL

so true. but the ball explodes off the face....its very hot....

Golf is cool

IMG_3738.PNGout of some deep rough, my golflogix told me I was 152 to center, so I added a club and took a nice easy swing. Tommy Armour 6iron 169 yards. I admit I over drove the green, but the wow factor is there.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I was nuking all of my shots 10-20 yards over the green Fri and Sat.  I was playing some cheaper, lower-spinning balls and Im thinking that I may have to start buying balls that are higher spin just to get the darn things to stop.

It was fine in the spring when the greens were soft but now that the weather is warming up and the greens are getting firm, I just cant get the ball to stop unless I hit the front edge of the green perfectly.

I said it when I first got these irons and I'll say it again: these things are very hot irons.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to give an update on the Atomics. 

Back a couple of months ago, I messaged the mods for permission to give the clubs to a friend of mine. We walk in together to work every morning and I do tend to talk about golf a lot. He mentioned to me one day he wanted to take up the game and since I had just gotten some Mizuno's and was sitting on four other sets, I figured the most forgiving set would be perfect for him.

The mods were on board with the idea, so the irons have a new owner and let me tell you, he's addicted. Black Friday saw him buy new wedges (TA 845 52, 56, 60) and a new Ping G425 Max driver. 

My only regret so far has been that I haven't been able to schedule a round to play with him, yet. Life has just been too crazy lately, but I want to play a round with him it's driving me crazy. I am happy that he comes in and tells me how he's doing and that he loves the game. Plus, he's had nothing but good things about the irons. 

Thanks again to the mods for the green light to pass on these wonderful irons and help inspire someone to play this game.

8 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Back a couple of months ago, I messaged the mods for permission to give the clubs to a friend of mine. We walk in together to work every morning and I do tend to talk about golf a lot. He mentioned to me one day he wanted to take up the game and since I had just gotten some Mizuno's and was sitting on four other sets, I figured the most forgiving set would be perfect for him.

The mods were on board with the idea, so the irons have a new owner and let me tell you, he's addicted. Black Friday saw him buy new wedges (TA 845 52, 56, 60) and a new Ping G425 Max driver. 

My only regret so far has been that I haven't been able to schedule a round to play with him, yet. Life has just been too crazy lately, but I want to play a round with him it's driving me crazy. I am happy that he comes in and tells me how he's doing and that he loves the game. Plus, he's had nothing but good things about the irons. 

Thanks again to the mods for the green light to pass on these wonderful irons and help inspire someone to play this game.

Always like hearing stories like this with tested equipment getting more use! 

Glad the irons found a great second home and looking forward to another update as to how they perform for him going into next season and beyond! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2022 at 11:31 AM, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome to hear, sharing the love and growing the game!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0