TESTERS WANTED! ×

What is everyones favorite new irons?

BirdieBoyz2

Alright so I just got fitted last week for irons and hit a ton of shots with lots of clubs. I hit MP20 HMB, Rogue, Apex, G410, P790, i500, TW747 and AP2. After going through all of this I feel like I need to go back again to hit more. JPX919, T-series, MP20 MB, what else have I missed? Also at what point can does one finally feel informed to choose a set haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I just tried the new cobra t-rails and not sure what your in the market for but if your looking for a club that is a rocket ship and almost impossible to miss hit you need to try them out. I could not believe the distance and accuracy I seen. Even bad shots were salvaged. Cobra is really stepping it up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

• 1 month later...

After playing same old, same old (Cleveland HB3) super game improvement irons since about 2008, I decided to have a good set of irons before I die. And to have them fit instead of cruising around on eBay to find them. So, naturally, I bought two sets: Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metals in September and Ben Hogan Ft. Worth Blacks in December. Haven't figured out a favorite yet, but both are a LOT better than the Clevelands. The remaining question will be whether I can play either set well enough to get my handicap headed down instead of up as has been the case for the past five years or so.

So far, so good. FWIW, both are long and I'm striking them consistently. My 7 iron carry with the HB3s had dropped off to 150 yards and was heading lower. I am hitting the Hot Metals 7 iron about 158 to 160 and the Ft. Worth 7 iron slightly more, maybe 163 carry. Can't explain why the Hogans are so long - their 7 iron is lofted at a traditional 34 degrees, while the Hot Metal 7 iron is somewhat jacked at 30 degrees. The trajectory of both is similar - must be the relative weighting of the heads or the different shafts (KBS C-taper Lite in the Mizunos and UST Mamiya Recoil F3 graphite in the Hogans, both regular flex).   

On 11/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, ole gray said:

I turned into GolfSpy_CG2 😉     ........  No seriously I like feel of the Rogue X with the short irons and they are awesome on approach shots.  

On 11/13/2019 at 10:05 PM, Rickp said:

Rob, CG2 is my Heroemoji106.png
I was definitely in the wrong Profession emoji12.png

On 11/14/2019 at 5:59 PM, PMookie said:

Same here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You guys are funny.   Apparently I missed these comments earlier.  Looks like it will was while I was in the hospital.   And yes I was probably laying there thinking about what new irons would be had in 2020 🤪

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 6:23 PM, ole gray said:

I love love love my Callaway Rogue X irons! 😍   The more I game em the more I love em 💓

Do yourself a favor. Don’t hit the Titleist T300’s.

I did, came back the next two days and hit them again. Long story short, ordered them today. Not only that, but I included the Rogue X irons in my trade. That shocked me, because they were a set I thought I’d never trade in.

The T300’s are really that good though, not to mention they’re going to look great in the bag. Thank goodness the big OEM’s have all their new stuff out for this year by now. Trying everything is fun, but man it gets exhausting, lol.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

I did, came back the next two days and hit them again. Long story short, ordered them today. Not only that, but I included the Rogue X irons in my trade. That shocked me, because they were a set I thought I’d never trade in.
The T300’s are really that good though, not to mention they’re going to look great in the bag. Thank goodness the big OEM’s have all their new stuff out for this year by now. Trying everything is fun, but man it gets exhausting, lol.

Funny, we need good consumers. I didn’t particularly care for the Rogue X but the Titleist T300’s are downright purty.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 2/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, Rickp said:

Funny, we need good consumers. I didn’t particularly care for the Rogue X but the Titleist T300’s are downright purty.

You helped me a lot when I started looking for irons a month or two ago. 

I started out looking at the Ping 410s and Mizuno hot metals. Didn’t like the Pings when I demoed them, which surprised me. The HMs were really nice, I just never could pull the trigger on them for some reason.

i liked the Apex 19s a lot, but they just didn’t play as well for me on the course as they tested. I was very lucky to have gotten them 40% off in outlet condition on CPO, and was actually able to sell them locally for a small profitafter a few rounds.

I was resigned to playing the Rogues for another year until Mizuno upgraded the HMs this fall, but stumbled upon the T300s.They seem to check all my boxes, and I think I finally got this iron search thing over and done with. Too be honest, it stopped being fun a long time ago, I really, really want to just work on my game.

It’s  funny I actually thought of you and your Ping review when I was fitted for these. I always thought I was standard lie angle, but it turns out in two different fittings with the t300#: I need 2* flat. If I remember correctly your lie angle change was even bigger? I was leery, but it corrected my misses to the right (we’re both lefty) immediately.

Oh well, now I get to exhale, play some golf and get used to the new irons. Knowing me though, if I like them as much as I hope, it wont be long before some matching Vokeys and maybe another Titleist club or two make their way in the bag....

Edited by Grand Stranded

31 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

You helped me a lot when I started looking for irons a month or two ago. 

I started out looking at the Ping 410s and Mizuno hot metals. Didn’t like the Pings when I demoed them, which surprised me. The HMs were really nice, I just never could pull the trigger on them for some reason.

i liked the Apex 19s a lot, but they just didn’t play as well for me on the course as they tested. I was very lucky to have gotten them 40% off in outlet condition on CPO, and was actually able to sell them locally for a small profitafter a few rounds.

I was resigned to playing the Rogues for another year until Mizuno upgraded the HMs this fall, but stumbled upon the T300s.They seem to check all my boxes, and I think I finally got this iron search thing over and done with. Too be honest, it stopped being fun a long time ago, I really, really want to just work on my game.

It’s  funny I actually thought of you and your Ping review when I was fitted for these. I always thought I was standard lie angle, but it turns out in two different fittings with the t300#: I need 2* flat. If I remember correctly your lie angle change was even bigger? I was leery, but it corrected my misses to the left (we’re both lefty) immediately.

Oh well, now I get to exhale, play some golf and get used to the new irons. Knowing me though, if I like them as much as I hope, it wont be long before some matching Vokeys and maybe another Titleist club or two make their way in the bag....

I was fit for T300 last fall.  Didn't buy them until right early this year.   Then sent them out for some work.   I'll have them in hand ready to play for the first time this week.  I'm really looking forward to them.  No doubt the longest I've owned an iron without playing them.  🤪

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

33 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I was fit for T300 last fall.  Didn't buy them until right early this year.   Then sent them out for some work.   I'll have them in hand ready to play for the first time this week.  I'm really looking forward to them.  No doubt the longest I've owned an iron without playing them.  🤪

Mine should arrive in about two weeks(?) at least that’s what they told me today when I ordered them.

Please tag me if you plan on posting about playing your new set. i love reading people’s thoughts on clubs, especially in a case like this, with two people the same skill level, both about to start playing the same irons.

Here’s hoping we both have found a set we enjoy using for quite a while...

(notice I’m not pinning us down on any set time period? 😜)

Edited by Grand Stranded

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Being a ho is tiring however it's fun to stroke a few new sticks. 😉

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

2 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Being a ho is tiring however it's fun to stroke a few new sticks. 😉

It's my only vice, OG.

To be honest, I'm usually pretty tight with a dollar, but when it comes to golf and shiny new clubs, I have very little control.

How little? I find myself justifying new irons because I don't want to spend $100 on new grips.🤔 (This is the most expensive set I've ever bought though, so I'm hoping they stay in the bag a few years. I think they will, the problem is I know the way I am. It won't be long before I'm looking for some matching Vokeys and maybe a Scotty. I'm already researching the new Titleist hybrids, LOL.

So I went with a friend today to help him get fit for a driver, while there I happened to pick up a few irons and swing them.  I tried the Titleist T100's and the Mizuno MP20's (entire range).  Let's just say, I think I am in love with the MP20's.  I would piece together a combo set, probably thinking 4,5&6 iron in the HMB and MP20 blades in 7-PW, not sure yet I would need to see gaping and the numbers.  I have to say the HMB's launched the ball and were so soft.  I think I will be putting the Dynamic Gold 120 x in them.  The Titleist felt good too, but my dispersion rate was just a bit better with the Mizuno's.  I would be happy with either one though.  

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

I just recently went for a fitting. Currently swinging Cleveland 588 MT DG105 shafts. Was fitted for taylormade P790s project X 6.5 shafts. Felt great in the fitting will be ordering soon and let you know if you’re still in the market 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Without hitting anything and going only by visuals, my thoughts for new irons would be....

#s  2, 3, 4: Ping G410 Crossover

#s 5, 6, 7, 8, 9: Mizuno JPX 919 Forged

48, 53W: Titleist T300

58W: Cleveland RTX-4.

Leaves room for two metalwoods and a putter.

Honestly, I keep coming back to the Wilson D7 forged. I have no doubt that I could easily swing a t100 or a 919 Tour.

I’ve played blades for nearly all of my competitive golfing years. At this juncture, I am not someone who will scoff at a club because it looks too chunky. Right now, I want to experience golf with an iron that will give me some slack.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12 hours ago, bens197 said:

Honestly, I keep coming back to the Wilson D7 forged. I have no doubt that I could easily swing a t100 or a 919 Tour.

I’ve played blades for nearly all of my competitive golfing years. At this juncture, I am not someone who will scoff at a club because it looks too chunky. Right now, I want to experience golf with an iron that will give me some slack.

A union-card holding fire fighter. Thank you for your service.

Rochester, home of a great music school and a once-great photography company (freakin' digital!).

Chuck Mangione, of course.

When I was a kid, they even had an NBA team before it went to Cincinnati, Kansas City-Omaha, and Sacramento.

Jack Twyman and Arnie Risen--actually saw those guys play.

I stopped playing blades, bens197, as soon as perimeter weighted hit the pro shops! 

And I was an eight or nine in my prime, almost but not quite as good as you.

But never with pure blades, I'll tell you that.  

combo set of Wilson blades and D7 forged.... 
4-6: d7
7-P: blades

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

A union-card holding fire fighter. Thank you for your service.
Rochester, home of a great music school and a once-great photography company (freakin' digital!).
Chuck Mangione, of course.
When I was a kid, they even had an NBA team before it went to Cincinnati, Kansas City-Omaha, and Sacramento.
Jack Twyman and Arnie Risen--actually saw those guys play.

I stopped playing blades, bens197, as soon as perimeter weighted hit the pro shops! 
And I was an eight or nine in my prime, almost but not quite as good as you.
But never with pure blades, I'll tell you that.  

Pound for pound, I would put Rochester next to any golf destination for top courses. Donald Ross and RTJ did some spectacular work up here. Aside from the golf, it has so much to offer that I’m glad I moved back after 9 years in Florida.

I’m looking forward to this golf season more and more as the snow melts quickly today...
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

It's my only vice, OG.

To be honest, I'm usually pretty tight with a dollar, but when it comes to golf and shiny new clubs, I have very little control.

How little? I find myself justifying new irons because I don't want to spend $100 on new grips.🤔 (This is the most expensive set I've ever bought though, so I'm hoping they stay in the bag a few years. I think they will, the problem is I know the way I am. It won't be long before I'm looking for some matching Vokeys and maybe a Scotty. I'm already researching the new Titleist hybrids, LOL.

Look at it this way, you only have one vice which is golf. Now if you were into bass fishing and hunting too, your billfold would be squealing like a momma hawg with her snout stuck in the corn feeder.   Life is short bruther so have fun with your new sticks. 👍

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 2/10/2020 at 9:24 AM, ole gray said:

Look at it this way, you only have one vice which is golf. Now if you were into bass fishing and hunting too, your billfold would be squealing like a momma hawg with her snout stuck in the corn feeder.   Life is short bruther so have fun with your new sticks. 👍

Tell me ! Went to the lake today, then came home and ordered $70 of shaky heads and Ned rig heads...it’s a disease...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Just converted 2 other friends to the JPX919 line... haven't touched a club since September 2019. Might be warm enough to play in 2 weeks!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

MP20 line. All soo good. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

• 2 weeks later...

Just did and iron fitting

went in to try the titleist cb, Jpx 919 tours

hit everything but the pings. my ranking based on testing.

1. Titleist CB- purchased with $-Taper shafts

2. P760s- close second, word is they are updating this this summer

3. apex pro. Big surprise, if you need ball speed these things were incredible.

4. Mizuno MMC 20

5 JPX 919 tours

Just got the Hogan Ptx Pro’s and a few equalizer wedges.

So far (1 round) , fantastic. I don’t think they’re much longer than my Mizzy blades, but I think they’re a touch more forgiving. And they feel fantastic too.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Love PINGs but TM M4’s are still my go too... 

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom

4 hours ago, silver & black said:

I'm looking real hard at Mizuno JPX 919 Tour and MP18 SC. Anyone have insight on either?

... I have played both for a round of golf and they are basically MB's in faux CB clothing. I don't quite get the JPX Tours other than they wanted to utilize a new material, but they are so close to MB's without that dense and smooth feel. Yes, they are just a hair more forgiving than a pure MB and I would rather play a forged carbon steel MB, but of course that is just my personal opinion. Some prefer a crisper feel and a smaller head so the 919 Tours might appeal to those players. The SC's are a little more forgiving with a wider sole and more weight low than a typical MB, but still in-between an MB and a CB but closer to a MB. Unlike the 919 Tours, the SC has that dense and soft MB feel Mizuno is known for. If you need a slightly higher ball flight than a typical MB and/or your miss is a little low on the face, the SC is a very nice iron. 

... All that said, have you considered the Srixon Z Forged? I never like it when asking about one club and someone suggests another so ignore this if you have narrowed your choice to the above two irons. However if you don't mind a slightly larger club head the Z Forged have an amazing feel like the ball melts into the face, and while I hesitate to call any MB forgiving, the Z Forged with their larger head and unique weight distribution are the most forging MB's when slightly mishit that I have played. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Thank you chisag. I am currently playing MP64's. I love them. I'm just looking to (maybe) upgrade. I'm very intrigued with the MP18 SC's. As you may have guessed, I'm a Mizuno fan.... have been for a long time. I'm not opposed to trying something different. What do you recommend other than the Srixons? I will definitely try the Srixons!

5 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Thank you chisag. I am currently playing MP64's. I love them. I'm just looking to (maybe) upgrade. I'm very intrigued with the MP18 SC's. As you may have guessed, I'm a Mizuno fan.... have been for a long time. I'm not opposed to trying something different. What do you recommend other than the Srixons? I will definitely try the Srixons!

... I hear ya, MP64's have a very loyal following for good reason. I had some MP63's I hated to sell but the Z Forged took their place. Just about impossible to recommend clubs because there are just soooooo many great irons available right now. I think the best combo of feel, playability and forgiveness are the P760's but some hate the striped cavity. The Forged Tours look like a MB at address with a very thin top line but lots of hidden forgiveness and a very sweet feel. Fwiw, I have 4 sets at the moment that pretty much cover the MB to CB to Distance iron categories and love them all. Taylor Made P790's and P760's, Cobra Forged Tours and Srixon Z Forged. 

... The Forged Tours and P760's are very similar in performance. Cobra is releasing King Tour irons so the Forged Tours are available brand new for $399 which is just an insane deal on irons I would compare to the Titleist T100's. The P790's are killer irons if you like a higher ball flight with less spin and can use a little more distance and forgiveness in a great looking package and are TM's #1 seller for good reason. Not for everyone of course, especially higher swing speed players that don't need the distance and want more spin. But it all depends on what you want and are willing to pay and even then personal preference plays such a huge role. Good luck in your search! 

https://www.golfdiscount.com/cobra-king-forged-tour-irons

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour