BirdieBoyz2

What is everyones favorite new irons?

919 Forged... at least, I'm hoping they're my favorites 😉

• Like 2

G410 and the Maltby TS1.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm torn between 919 hot metal or 919 hot metal pros, 970's and t200's (Could be swayed by Callaway apex's as well but currently playing Callaway and may like a change)

Any opinions on these clubs?

I’ve been playing the 919 Hot Metal with the flihi 5 & 6 hybrid. Really like them. Handicap is 18, played about 10 rounds with them, several in the 80’s. Been playing about 2 years. Came from ping g’s which I liked, these are more forgiving and I love the wedges. 

• Like 1

I’ve been playing Ping i irons for a few years and have just started looking for a change so borrowed a mixed set of Mizuno 919 hot metal and 919 forged. I love them but the gap between the 7 and 8 iron is just too big. I like the looks of the forged better but the hot metal suit my game better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

I’ve been playing Ping i irons for a few years and have just started looking for a change so borrowed a mixed set of Mizuno 919 hot metal and 919 forged. I love them but the gap between the 7 and 8 iron is just too big. I like the looks of the forged better but the hot metal suit my game better. 

You pretty much need two 7 irons to blend those irons or get them bent to cut down the gap. 

Im a bit biased but I liked the g400 last year and finally broke down and got the g410 this year. Callaway apex were surprisingly forgiving in the hands of this 14ish handicap followed next by the hot metal. I should have asked to hit the 919 forged during my fitting but I already hit 5 different heads and then needed to confirm shafts. 

I just ordered Mizuno MP20 HMBs.  I hit all the new MPs, the JPX919 Forged,  and the Hot Metals. I also hit the Ping G410s and the Titleist T100, T200 and T300. The 4 forged Mizunos felt the best to me. The MP 20 muscle back wasn't forgiving enough for my skill level. The MMC, HMB and 919 Forged were pretty much the same on good swings with the MMC sounding and feeling worse on bad swings.  I like the look of the HMBs more than the  919s, so I went with them. 

• Like 1

I am still thrilled with my JPX900 Forged irons. But if I was buying today, it would be between the JPX919 Forged and the MP-20 HMB's. I just ordered an MP-20 HMB 3-iron today, to replace my 3H, so I will get a taste of playing HMB's.

For me at present there are only two makes of irons I'd consider: Mizuno then Titleist. Ping would be a distant third. YMMV

Edited by Middler

KZG Forged VI:  All black triple forged cavity backs.  These thing feel like butter thru the ball and look sexy as hell behind the ball.  

FORGED-4.jpg

• Like 2

I tired the t300 yesterday and almost left the store with them.. I really need a handler when I go to the golf store.

I’m holding off to try the new Mizuno mp20 HMB’s. I tried last years model and they were great but really want to try the new ones.

4 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

I tired the t300 yesterday and almost left the store with them.. I really need a handler when I go to the golf store.

I’m holding off to try the new Mizuno mp20 HMB’s. I tried last years model and they were great but really want to try the new ones.

I was fit for the T300 this week. They are very nice for a GI club.  I demoed not a fitting for the HMB and for me at least, they were much less forgiving.  

• Like 1

I was fit for the T300 this week. They are very nice for a GI club.  I demoed not a fitting for the HMB and for me at least, they were much less forgiving.  

I tend to over research things and that is my one concern with the hmb’s they are sort of a game improvement iron but not a full on gi.

The t300 were amazing.. but I don’t want to jump on anything until the madness of the new club releases happen in the spring.

2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

I tend to over research things and that is my one concern with the hmb’s they are sort of a game improvement iron but not a full on gi.

The t300 were amazing.. but I don’t want to jump on anything until the madness of the new club releases happen in the spring.

Makes sense. In addition to the new releases by Titleist and Mizuno.   PING will have the G710 and Cobra has the Forged Tec and of course Callaway and TM will have new irons they haven't said anything about yet. 

Better get your testing gloves on 😎

• Like 1

I want to see what Srixon has next summer. Other than what TM has coming nothing not already release will have my attention. 

I love the Mizuno stuff. It is awesome. The HMBs in the long irons are great. I feel as the clubs get shorter they start to launch too high and I cannot control them as much. It would be great to get somekind of flow set. HMB 3 thru 5'ish. Then MBs the rest of the way down. 

• Like 1

Loving my 919F... but I'm thinking about switching out the 4i for something more forgiving... a HM or HMP perhaps.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I love the Mizuno stuff. It is awesome. The HMBs in the long irons are great. I feel as the clubs get shorter they start to launch too high and I cannot control them as much. It would be great to get somekind of flow set. HMB 3 thru 5'ish. Then MBs the rest of the way down. 

That's pretty much what they did with the SEL (Special Edition Lefties),   Its HMB 3-4 and MB 5-PW,   this set is insanely good.  I have seen many right handers just replicate the SEL config or similar (like going 3-5 HMB, etc)

11 minutes ago, heribertomaya said:

That's pretty much what they did with the SEL (Special Edition Lefties),   Its HMB 3-4 and MB 5-PW,   this set is insanely good.  I have seen many right handers just replicate the SEL config or similar (like going 3-5 HMB, etc)

True, blended and mixed sets are getting/have been very popular. I usually end up wishing I had gone straight through with something. but in this cas the HMBs and MP20 MBs look so similar I would be happy. 

• Like 1

I love love love my Callaway Rogue X irons! 😍   The more I game em the more I love em 💓

• Like 1