TESTERS WANTED! ×

Time for another look at slow play?

jaskanski

With reference to the 2 minutes that DeCambeau took to make (and miss) an 8 foot putt at the Northern Trust, isn't it about time (pun intended) that the PGA looked at applying shot penalties to blatant slow play - in whatever form they manifest themselves?

Sure, the Pros have more at stake than most of us - but at the same time (see -there it is again) they also set the "standard" that the rest of the golfing world follow.

Thoughts?

The tour won’t do anything til it affects tv/sponsorship money. 

Does what happen on tour affect the approach amateur golfers have during their rounds? Probably but in reality slow golfers are slow golfer and will always be slow golfers. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I think slow play on tour versus slow play on local courses is two different issues. Tour players play slow, local players often play poorly, and don't consider others around them.

Slow play is really a big problem for the networks. It means more dead time and less golf shots. So, once somebody has one violation in a day, give them a warning. On their 2nd, don't show them on TV the rest of the day. No matter what, no more TV time. These guys need TV time to show their sponsors why they are worth paying. If Bryson and JB Holmes are constantly getting banned, who is going to sponsor them? Hit them in the wallet where it hurts.

At local courses, we should be only letting people score double par on holes. More than that is just painful. A few of our local courses post clocks based on your start time all around the course, encouraging people to keep up. But lots of local golfers just have egos. They either don't think they're slow, don't care or take it as an affront to their manhood someone else is faster and wants to pass them.

I think slow golf on local courses is far more important to most peoples enjoyment of the game, and what the pros do, sure it sets a precedent, but I don't know any amateur golfers who are slow because they think too much about their shots.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I think the PGA Tour will finally do something about it, purely as a result of the players driving it.
If the rules are explicit players will adjust, and if they can’t, it’s their problem.

Great to see a more general player led change, Brooks Koepka is using his prominence for good, and others are getting on board

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

6 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Slow play is really a big problem for the networks. It means more dead time and less golf shots. So, once somebody has one violation in a day, give them a warning. On their 2nd, don't show them on TV the rest of the day. No matter what, no more TV time. These guys need TV time to show their sponsors why they are worth paying. If Bryson and JB Holmes are constantly getting banned, who is going to sponsor them? Hit them in the wallet where it hurts.

Slow play isn’t a problem for the networks because they have plenty of cameras around the course to cut away from the slow golfer and show another player or go back to a previous shot from another player. This happens all the time.

Not putting a guy on tv after the first violation won’t change their approach. It doesn’t cost them any money and the media will make a story out if it so they get the press anyways.

Its an easy fix and several players already have come out with the solution. Once you are warned the next one is a stroke penalty.

slow pros know how to game the system. When they get warned or put on the clock they have a set period to get back on time. They do what they need to do to get back on time and then go back to slow play. Fix it by not allowing them to game the system. Once warned any violation after that even if they get back on time is a stroke 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Nothing wrong with the rules, if they were enforced. 

I'd like the R&A to release decisions that set precedence on the situation. And for both R&A and USGA to just enforce the rules there. 

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

12 minutes ago, Green Sheep Productions said:

Nothing wrong with the rules, if they were enforced. 

I'd like the R&A to release decisions that set precedence on the situation. And for both R&A and USGA to just enforce the rules there. 

The Rules of Golf do not have a specific rule that governs pace of play, other than to say that you must play without reasonable delay.  The Rules allow the Committee to make and enforce their own policy regarding pace of play, so that falls on the PGA Tour.  Its the Tour that sets the policy, and the Tour that enforces the policy.  Its not up to the USGA or R&A to enforce slow play policy at any event that they don't directly run (such as the US Open, US AM, Open Championship, etc.).

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Looks like DeChambeau's antics this past week were enough to finally warrant a closer look.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/pga-tour-reviewing-pace-of-play-policy-amid-bryson-dechambeau-controversy/ar-AAFF5RA

Also, I find it hilarious that DeChambeau called out Brooks Koepka for dropping his name when discussing slow play earlier this season.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/dechambeau-no-issues-after-talking-slow-play-with-koepka/ar-AAFF81u

I can only imagine how it actually went down.

DeChambeau to Koepka's caddie: "Tell your boss to say that to my face."

Koepka to Caddie: "He said talk to his face? Ok!"

DeChambeau: "S***, Brooks is walking towards me! Oh no..."

Edited by TR1PTIK

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Dont have all the facts here, but heard an interesting comment from Dechambeau this morning. He claims that he takes more time over certain shots but that he hurries to his ball while others take their time.... (insert GIF of Koepka sauntering down fairway lol) If this is true, should he be allowed more time at his ball? I would imagine that you can make up more time hurrying to your ball than is actually taken once behind it?? 

Not on either players side here but thought it was an interesting point. I personally dont have too much of an issue with slow play at the tour level as i could watch a pre-shot player/caddy convo all day. Especially in the bigger tournaments.

As someone mentioned above, i think the issue is at the local courses where avg. golfers mimic what they see on tv..... and then you also have ppl with general lackadaisical attitude toward getting to their shot, and getting out of others way... 

unfortunately I think this issue is here to stay for awhile. 

9 minutes ago, Chanchorp13 said:

Dont have all the facts here, but heard an interesting comment from Dechambeau this morning. He claims that he takes more time over certain shots but that he hurries to his ball while others take their time.... (insert GIF of Koepka sauntering down fairway lol) If this is true, should he be allowed more time at his ball? I would imagine that you can make up more time hurrying to your ball than is actually taken once behind it?? 

Not on either players side here but thought it was an interesting point. I personally dont have too much of an issue with slow play at the tour level as i could watch a pre-shot player/caddy convo all day. Especially in the bigger tournaments.

As someone mentioned above, i think the issue is at the local courses where avg. golfers mimic what they see on tv..... and then you also have ppl with general lackadaisical attitude toward getting to their shot, and getting out of others way... 

Getting to his ball before anyone else means little unless he is first to play. It's a moot point IMO. It's not like he's getting to his ball a full 1 minute and 20 seconds before the other players to make up for the 1 minute and 20 seconds extra time he allows himself to miss a putt inside 10 feet.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

57 minutes ago, Chanchorp13 said:

Brooks is one of the fastest players on tour. Him sauntering to his ball is a normal paced walk. 

Getting to a ball faster than others doesn’t mean anything. Jb Holmes doesn’t even start his process until it’s his turn instead of doing all that while waiting for the others in the group to play theirs.

So, I'm doing to drop the link to a really good article on this from The Fried Egg right here

Basically, here's the jist if you don't want to click over. He followed DeChambeau, Kisner, and JT for 9 holes at the US Open. The players took the most time when they were first to play in the group and took their most time on Chips and Putts, likely due to the green reading books. Andy submits further removing the greens book from tournament golf and setting a tiered shot clock, 60 seconds if first to play, 40 seconds if you're second or third as potential alternatives.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

1 hour ago, Chanchorp13 said:

13 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Getting to a ball faster than others doesn’t mean anything. Jb Holmes doesn’t even start his process until it’s his turn instead of doing all that while waiting for the others in the group to play theirs.

Poor Bryson CAN'T begin to gather his data until its his time to hit, because he's scary long (my sarcasm there, not him bragging)

I may be a guy that hits it up there farther than someone, and they are taking their merry time getting to their golf ball and it’s behind me and I’m already up there and I can’t get any of my numbers because I’m right in their line of sight. 

Now Bryson is averaging about 302 yards (ranked 38th on Tour).  Ten yards shorter are a bunch of guys tied for 111th, so its not like Bryson is WAY out there.  He could certainly be getting his data at the same time as a shorter player is, he simply chooses not to.  The caddies are at fault, the slow walkers are at fault, and now the shorter hitters are at fault, but Bryson refuses to look in the mirror.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I took the week off last week to prepare for back-to-school and do some stuff around the house before we get too bogged down with school activities.  I played golf almost every morning last week before beginning my daily chores.  I figured why not, right?

I was asked to play with two junior players at my home club last Wednesday and offer an evaluation for the middle school golf program.  I think the parents wanted an unbiased perspective on their kids and trusted me to give an unvarnished opinion.  They are both very good players.  Well trained in proper golf etiquette, other than pace of play.  I had absolutely no issue with their golf games.  At 11 years of age, each young man shot 84.  And that was about the worst they could have done.  One young man 4 putted from 6 feet while the other 4 putted from 8 feet with his first putt ending up off the green.  My only issue was, a threesome walking 18 holes at 7am with nobody else in sight took over 5 hours to get around 18 holes!  And this is a course they play every day!  I will add, I often walk 18 in under 3 hours with my daughter!  They were mind-numbingly slow! 

They wouldn't begin a pre-shot routine until it was their turn.  Wouldn't even calculate distance until it was their turn.  After a conversation when we were finished, I began to realize they are emulating what they see from the best players in the world.  Calculating distance, checking wind direction, evaluating a lie and choosing a club are all a part of their pre-shot routine.  It has never occurred to them to do that stuff while the other person is playing a shot.

The only way this is going to change is to force change at the highest levels of golf and hope it trickles down like this "paralysis by analysis" generation has learned.

9 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I took the week off last week to prepare for back-to-school and do some stuff around the house before we get too bogged down with school activities.  I played golf almost every morning last week before beginning my daily chores.  I figured why not, right?

I was asked to play with two junior players at my home club last Wednesday and offer an evaluation for the middle school golf program.  I think the parents wanted an unbiased perspective on their kids and trusted me to give an unvarnished opinion.  They are both very good players.  Well trained in proper golf etiquette, other than pace of play.  I had absolutely no issue with their golf games.  At 11 years of age, each young man shot 84.  And that was about the worst they could have done.  One young man 4 putted from 6 feet while the other 4 putted from 8 feet with his first putt ending up off the green.  My only issue was, a threesome walking 18 holes at 7am with nobody else in sight took over 5 hours to get around 18 holes!  And this is a course they play every day!  I will add, I often walk 18 in under 3 hours with my daughter!  They were mind-numbingly slow! 

They wouldn't begin a pre-shot routine until it was their turn.  Wouldn't even calculate distance until it was their turn.  After a conversation when we were finished, I began to realize they are emulating what they see from the best players in the world.  Calculating distance, checking wind direction, evaluating a lie and choosing a club are all a part of their pre-shot routine.  It has never occurred to them to do that stuff while the other person is playing a shot.

The only way this is going to change is to force change at the highest levels of golf and hope it trickles down like this "paralysis by analysis" generation has learned.

I see this often. Ridiculously slow. Good young golfers that just take way to long. Only saving grace is in my area when they get into a competition pace of play is strictly enforced. They are in for a surprise when that happens. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I see this often. Ridiculously slow. Good young golfers that just take way to long. Only saving grace is in my area when they get into a competition pace of play is strictly enforced. They are in for a surprise when that happens. 

They compete on two local junior tours and have never been penalized.  Then again, neither has anyone else on those tours.  They finished 2nd and 3rd respectively in the summer long "points race" for the championship on Saturday.

38 minutes ago, sixcat said:

They compete on two local junior tours and have never been penalized.  Then again, neither has anyone else on those tours.  They finished 2nd and 3rd respectively in the summer long "points race" for the championship on Saturday.

In our events if you are out of position at the end of the round the whole group gets penalized 2 strokes, no questions asked. Wish it was that way everywhere. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

4 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

In our events if you are out of position at the end of the round the whole group gets penalized 2 strokes, no questions asked. Wish it was that way everywhere. 

One of those two tours I speak of is the Sneds Tour in East Tennessee.  "Sneds" being Brandt Snedeker.

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

For the most part I agree that there’s amateurs emulating what pros do on tv but I don’t necessarily buy it. It’s an easy apple to pick but there are far more fast players on tour than slow. Unfortunately not all get air time but brooks, dj, rory, ricky, snedeker to name a few are fast.  If amateurs were truly emulating tour players we wouldn’t be discussing pace of play for the general population.

Overall the tour doesn’t have a pace of play issue but rather some bad apples that cause the backup. 

23 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

For the most part I agree that there’s amateurs emulating what pros do on tv but I don’t necessarily buy it. ......

I wish amateurs would emulate the pros - at least for these two items.

1. Pros always repair their ball marks - never fail - Yet I see dozens of unrepaired ball marks every day playing behind amateurs.

2. I have never seen a pro "stomp" their tee into the ground after hitting a tee shot - driver or iron - but I see amateurs do it every day and see the tees "buried" on the tee box.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

For the most part I agree that there’s amateurs emulating what pros do on tv but I don’t necessarily buy it. It’s an easy apple to pick but there are far more fast players on tour than slow. Unfortunately not all get air time but brooks, dj, rory, ricky, snedeker to name a few are fast.  If amateurs were truly emulating tour players we wouldn’t be discussing pace of play for the general population.
Overall the tour doesn’t have a pace of play issue but rather some bad apples that cause the backup. 

In the case of these two kids, they are absolutely emulating what they think they are supposed to be doing. They play this course every single day. The yardages don’t change by more that a few yards. Why the need to go through such an elaborate pre-shot routine for the same shot they have had every day for the entire summer?

In the case of these two, I believe the routine needs to quicken quite a bit. Walking to the ball and pulling the trigger are pretty quick. Everything in-between is exaggerated and overly time consuming.

5 minutes ago, sixcat said:

In the case of these two kids, they are absolutely emulating what they think they are supposed to be doing. They play this course every single day. The yardages don’t change by more that a few yards. Why the need to go through such an elaborate pre-shot routine for the same shot they have had every day for the entire summer?

In the case of these two, I believe the routine needs to quicken quite a bit. Walking to the ball and pulling the trigger are pretty quick. Everything in-between is exaggerated and overly time consuming.

The perception of what they should be doing vs what pros actually do is a bigger problem than emulating pros. That’s the problem with tv coverage especially regarding the fast players is we see most pre shot routines but the fast ones started that long before the camera was on them.

The perception of what they should be doing vs what pros actually do is a bigger problem than emulating pros. That’s the problem with tv coverage especially regarding the fast players is we see most pre shot routines but the fast ones started that long before the camera was on them.

Where do you imagine they get the perception of what they should be doing from?

After the Aberdeen Standard Investments Ladies Scottish Open, there was a discussion about slow play.  A question was asked:  

"How quick would the quickest trio among the women take for 18 holes and how long would it take for the slowest?"

The answer, which seemed to be agreed by all, was that the quickest group would take  3 1/2 hours  and the slowest 5 1/2 hours.

My impression is that most on the PGA Tour play a a reasonable pace given the conditions, and it's really only a few players that are slower than the norm.  However, watching the ladies play, I feel that it's the reverse; more slower players and a few faster players.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Most amateurs take to much time calculating variables they neither understand nor are they good enough to actually utilize the information.

Most slow professionals are slow to a large degree because of gamesmanship. Best way to break an opponent’s rhythm is slow him down. If I were playing with BK in the final round of a Major you darn right I’m taking my time. When he walks off the green while I’m putting I’ll just smile because I know I’m getting to him. Conversely I’d bet BK’s constant chatter about pace of play is a little gamesmanship on his part as well.

FYI- I hated North Carolina, Phil Ford, Dean Smith and the four corners offense but it worked!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

After the Aberdeen Standard Investments Ladies Scottish Open, there was a discussion about slow play.  A question was asked:  

"How quick would the quickest trio among the women take for 18 holes and how long would it take for the slowest?"

The answer, which seemed to be agreed by all, was that the quickest group would take  3 1/2 hours  and the slowest 5 1/2 hours.

My impression is that most on the PGA Tour play a a reasonable pace given the conditions, and it's really only a few players that are slower than the norm.  However, watching the ladies play, I feel that it's the reverse; more slower players and a few faster players.

4 1/2 hours. Anything longer and it’s too long. Shorter could and should be achieved by many. I haven’t been able to find any data on average pace of play on tour just the rumbles of when it’s overly slow. My guess is most rounds are completed in 4-4 1/2

8 hours ago, sixcat said:

Where do you imagine they get the perception of what they should be doing from?

I don’t believe that every amateur is taking their actions from the few slow players and not the fast ones. It’s a media/tv coverage problem more than a golfers problem. When most of the best players in the world are fast and only a handful of the best are slow I doubt theslow players are affecting the amateur level

This isn’t complicated; It’s as easy as having the courage to call someone out for being slow.

The Tour is afraid to hurt players’ feelings.

You’re no less of a gentleman by speaking out regarding right and wrong.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

All the players on the PGA tour have been speaking out on the subject more recently due to Brooks Koepka coming out to the press bringing the matter to the headlines. Later pros such as JT, Rory, Ian Poulter have all spoken on how much of an issue it is in today's game and how penalties should really be given out. Below is  a link to CNN on how Bryson has been getting criticized on his 2 minute pre-shot antics on some putts and an 80 and pitch shot.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/golf/bryson-dechambeau-golf-slow-play-northern-trust-open-spt-intl/index.html

WITB 2019

Driver: :taylormade-small:Taylormade M2 8.5 w/ Xstiff Aldila RIP Beta shaft

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

4-PW: :taylormade-small:Taylormade PSI iron w/ KBS C-taper stiff iron shafts

52 degree: :cleveland-small:Cleveland RTX 3

56 degree: :callaway-small:Callaway Mac Daddy 4

60 degree-::taylormade-small:Taylormade milled grind

Putter: :cameron-small:Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5

Ball::titelist-small:ProV1x

On 8/11/2019 at 11:52 AM, jaskanski said:

Sure, the Pros have more at stake than most of us - but at the same time (see -there it is again) they also set the "standard" that the rest of the golfing world follow.

Totally agree. This manifests itself in .. imho .. the absolute worst ways during local tourneys and outings.

Each group, playing as a team, congregate together at the site of each and every shot and each and every putt and have very extended discussions about each and every shot. Very extended. 

Because this is what they see on TV.

Because this is how they think competitive golf is "supposed" to be played.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg