TESTERS WANTED! ×

Callaway Supersoft Matte Yellow

Kor.A.Door

Played in a “money ball” game yesterday. The ball we used for the Money ball was the Callaway Supersoft Matte Yellow. This ball was really different from the “tour” bald that most of us use. Distance from tee to green was rather eye opening, it was easily 1.5 - 2 clubs longer with iron shots, and a good 15-20 yards longer from the tee for us longer hitters.  Around the green there was no spin to speak of, and putting it was not much different than using a marshmallow. What I am curious about is for some of the shorter hitters it was a full 15 yards farther from the tee, and a full club longer with the irons. The ball was very different feeling with the putter and we all pretty well struggled using it on the putting surface. That said, if one could get used to using this ball around and on the greens, it could be a very good ball for someone. It feels okay with the short clubs but there just isn’t any spin, so if you like to play bump and runs this would be a good ball. To get an idea of how long it is. My Gap wedge is a stock 120 yard club for me. On hole 10 I had 145 yards, knowing that we have already hit this thing over many greens, and having trouble long I pulled Gap wedge, and hit a nice high fade that flew 145 yards and rolled off the other side of the green. I was expecting a bit more length, and was playing to intentionally be short of the green, but it flew all the way. Anyway just a ramble on a ball that I never thought about, but who couldn’t use 15-20 yards extra. 🤔

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I think I’m going to take these balls to the GG and get some numbers. I am not looking to play this ball, but it could be interesting to see some actual numbers compared to the ball i usually play. I say I’m not looking to change to this ball, but it will be hard to argue with 15-20 extra yards. I already suck at putting, so can’t be too much worse in that regard. 

2 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I think I’m going to take these balls to the GG and get some numbers. I am not looking to play this ball, but it could be interesting to see some actual numbers compared to the ball i usually play. I say I’m not looking to change to this ball, but it will be hard to argue with 15-20 extra yards. I already suck at putting, so can’t be too much worse in that regard. 

what or where or who is the GG?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

what or where or who is the GG?

Golf Galaxy - golf retail store.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Golf Galaxy - golf retail store.

thanks, I thought it might be George Gankas or Galvin Green or George Gershwin😂

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

8 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Sorry. I assumed. 

ya know what that means.............ass (out of) U and me😂

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

ya know what that means.............ass (out of) U and me😂

I know. I always like to say that I was assu’ing

and leave the ‘me’ part out. That way it only makes and a** out of you and not ‘me’

• 1 month later...