Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Counter balance shafts anyone?

therod

Im curious is there a big difference between Hzrdus Smoke Black (non-counter balanced) vs smoke yellow (counter balanced)?   I ask because I ADORE the smoke black (use it on the Epic Flash Subzero and now also in the TM SIM)  and wonder if I would probably also love the smoke yellow as well.  Just curious, as It wasn't available at my fitting.

:taylormade-small: SIM Driver 9* | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero 3 Wood | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-20s SEL | Project X LZ 6.0

:callaway-small: Jaws MD5 - 50 Degrees | Dynamic Gold S200

:cleveland-small: RTX 4  56.10 | 60.9 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

:cameron-small:    Special Select 2020 - Newport 2

:bridgestone-small: Tour Bx 2020

21 minutes ago, heribertomaya said:

Im curious is there a big difference between Hzrdus Smoke Black (non-counter balanced) vs smoke yellow (counter balanced)?   I ask because I ADORE the smoke black (use it on the Epic Flash Subzero and now also in the TM SIM)  and wonder if I would probably also love the smoke yellow as well.  Just curious, as It wasn't available at my fitting.

There will be a difference due to the counter balanced vs non. The feels will be different and while both are a low spin and low launch profile the black will be lower of the two. The beef of the black is in the mid section. 

the original black was designed for aggressive transitions while the yellow was for a smoother transition. The px website shows similar for the smoke with aggressive for black and moderate for yellow. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There will be a difference due to the counter balanced vs non. The feels will be different and while both are a low spin and low launch profile the black will be lower of the two. The beef of the black is in the mid section. 

the original black was designed for aggressive transitions while the yellow was for a smoother transition. The px website shows similar for the smoke with aggressive for black and moderate for yellow. 

Many thanks for the info!  I guess I wont bother trying the yellow it as I need low spin with driver and the Black already gives me plenty (was even thinking of trying the Green Hulk)

:taylormade-small: SIM Driver 9* | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero 3 Wood | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-20s SEL | Project X LZ 6.0

:callaway-small: Jaws MD5 - 50 Degrees | Dynamic Gold S200

:cleveland-small: RTX 4  56.10 | 60.9 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

:cameron-small:    Special Select 2020 - Newport 2

:bridgestone-small: Tour Bx 2020

26 minutes ago, heribertomaya said:

Many thanks for the info!  I guess I wont bother trying the yellow it as I need low spin with driver and the Black already gives me plenty (was even thinking of trying the Green Hulk)

In my experience those who like the black hate the yellow and vice versa. I had/have a quick transition but preferred the yellow.

the green hulk is a beast unto itself. It takes the green which is the stiffest of the hzrdus smoke like and gets even stiffer

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 3 weeks later...

Fubuki J shaft its such an amazing feeling shaft, sooooo smooth you can swing smooth or aggressively and get the same reaction of the shaft. also the Hzrdus yellow handcrafted in my 3wood is an amazing shaft I can really trap the ball well. The bonus with counterbalanced shafts is you can add weight to the head to add more mass and create better ball speed numbers!

Playing Cobra Speedzone driver and 3 wood with UST Helium Black shafts. Driver is 9 degree set to 8 draw with tour 44inch shaft regular flex. 3 wood is 14.5 degree set to 15.5 with standard length regular flex. Both clubs feel well balanced and are easy to swing. Best woods I've ever owned. Averaging 240 with the driver and 210 with the 3 wood. Not bad for a 74 yr old duffer.

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.

I keep thinking i will love cb shafts.  Every time I put one in everything goes left.  No idea why.   I just tried smoke yellow, left, left left.   I immediately put the black in and it was dead center.  To me it feels like the butt end of the black is softer.  But I have not really compared the ei curve

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

1 hour ago, Hotdocta said:

I keep thinking i will love cb shafts.  Every time I put one in everything goes left.  No idea why.   I just tried smoke yellow, left, left left.   I immediately put the black in and it was dead center.  To me it feels like the butt end of the black is softer.  But I have not really compared the ei curve

image.png.731d76e6520b47d271a87a52dada07f8.png

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

image.png.731d76e6520b47d271a87a52dada07f8.png

I knew it lol.

also explains why I like all the other hzrdus better than the yellow.   

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r