Mudwick

Titleist T-Series Blending

Our Sponsors

Howdy! Looking forward to my fitting next week for the new T-Series irons. Currently gaming 7-9 AP2 and 5-6 AP3 and a 4 in the TMB.

Titleist usually gives their fitters a sheet with blend suggestions (and even loft adjustments recommendations). Has anyone seen this sheet yet? Has anyone been fitted for a blended set? If so, what is your setup?

Thanks!

I have never seen that sheet and I’ve been to numerous titleist demo days and while it’s been mentioned that the design makes blending easier there are some big loft differences between the t series 

10 hours ago, Mudwick said:

Howdy! Looking forward to my fitting next week for the new T-Series irons. Currently gaming 7-9 AP2 and 5-6 AP3 and a 4 in the TMB.

Titleist usually gives their fitters a sheet with blend suggestions (and even loft adjustments recommendations). Has anyone seen this sheet yet? Has anyone been fitted for a blended set? If so, what is your setup?

Thanks!

I believe I might have it in the fitting kit they sent me.  I'll double check and share if I do. 

This is why Mark Crossfield is playing two 6 irons. He's gaming T100 in 6 to 9 iron and he's also gaming a T300 6 iron.

Whatever blend you do, you just gotta make sure that your gapping is in that recommended 10-12 yards of difference from iron to iron, regardless of what number is stamped on the bottom.

I have never seen that sheet and I’ve been to numerous titleist demo days and while it’s been mentioned that the design makes blending easier there are some big loft differences between the t series 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

3 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

This is why Mark Crossfield is playing two 6 irons. He's gaming T100 in 6 to 9 iron and he's also gaming a T300 6 iron.

Whatever blend you do, you just gotta make sure that your gapping is in that recommended 10-12 yards of difference from iron to iron, regardless of what number is stamped on the bottom.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I checked and I don't have it yet. 

I had a similar setup to Crossfield with my AP1/AP2  where I had two 7 irons.  The AP1 was 30 degrees and the AP2 was 34.   

Some looked at wierd, even after I tried to explain it. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 4:47 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

What loft differences? The T200 & T300 are only 1-degree apart through most of the set and then the same for the 9, P, & W. They can also be combo'd with the T100 quite easily if you forget about the number on the bottom of the club. Yes, some adjustments to loft would need to be made to ensure proper gapping, but a mix like @Mudwick's AP Series set is pretty easy to accomplish.

tserieslofts.thumb.jpg.e8717a4d2fdfc2d9cf090e3494645977.jpg

If I were looking, I'd be looking for a hybrid, T200 4 & 5 Irons, and T100 6-P most likely. I'd potentially look at some iron options in place of the hybrid, but I would need to see data before I could make a decision.

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Some looked at wierd, even after I tried to explain it. 

This is why (as much of a failure as it was) the Hogan loft stampings were such a good idea. Golfers really need to learn to consider loft more than they do the numbers currently stamped on the bottom of clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

What loft differences? The T200 & T300 are only 1-degree apart through most of the set and then the same for the 9, P, & W. They can also be combo'd with the T100 quite easily if you forget about the number on the bottom of the club. Yes, some adjustments to loft would need to be made to ensure proper gapping, but a mix like @Mudwick's AP Series set is pretty easy to accomplish.

tserieslofts.thumb.jpg.e8717a4d2fdfc2d9cf090e3494645977.jpg

If I were looking, I'd be looking for a hybrid, T200 4 & 5 Irons, and T100 6-P most likely. I'd potentially look at some iron options in place of the hybrid, but I would need to see data before I could make a decision.

Yeah the t100 doesn’t necessarily combo well with the rest of the set. T200/300 combo imo makes no sense because they are similar type clubs with t300 being more forgiving. Most people looking at t200 aren’t needing/looking for help in the long irons since there’s plebty of help already there.

t100/200 combo as you mentioned would need to have clubs with the same number on the bottom and this could and usually will be a hangup for many. 

There are plenty of “jacked loft” thread and discussions in them around the interwebz about numbering on the soles and such. I know for me I prefer a “clean” look thru the bag and I don’t want to see two of the same numbers. Granted for me I would tend to combo with the old tmb or now u500/510 so it’s not an issue

I'm a Titleist fitter and have never been sent a blend sheet. If you mix T100 and T200 you will end up with 2 of the iron that makes your changeover. Most common mixed sets change at the 6 iron, so this would give you a T100 6 iron and a T200 6 iron.

• Like 1