TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bridgestone Tour B X - Assessment after a full round

Hi Everyone,

I just want to briefly share my assessment over the Bridgestone Tour B X after a full round on Sunday.

**Overall: ** The ball is on the firmer side (which I prefer) but its not clicky at all and has very comparable short game spin as the Pro Vs.

Driver: I believe this is the ball's best attribute. This ball seems to fly longer and roll longer than previous balls I have used recently (almost all urethane balls in the market). On Sunday's round, It would be safe to say I average over 290 from the tee with this ball, just doing my normal swing with the driver (I have always been a very fast and long hitter and I get too much backspin with most balls with the driver). My longest drive was a 325 yard drive on a 350 yard par 4. Also had 5-6 more 300+. Even my playing partners were in shock with the distances I was getting. Really high and boring flight with amazing roll.

Irons: Very controllable flight with plenty of spin, from long to short irons

Putting: Love the feel of this firmer ball, while not reaching the clicky firmess of the 2017 Srixon XV (that one feels like a rock, but need to try the 2019 version). Amazing feel around the greens and putting for those that love a firmer ball.

Drawbacks: My only concern with this otherwise "Perfect Ball' to my game, is my concern over the durability. After the 6th hole, I noticed the cover of the ball was deeply cut, it was unusable at that point, as you could visible see the inner layer of the ball (so I had to discard it, can take a pic tonight). Apart from that, this ball fits my swing and game, perfectly. I have many other balls at home that I will use up, but I think I might switch to this ball permanently very soon if the durability issue was an isolated instance (note: I had not hit any trees, or cart path or gotten in a bunker before the cover broke-in)

What do you guys think of this ball? I probably gained 10 yards with the driver with this ball.

:taylormade-small: SIM Driver 9* | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero 3 Wood | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-20s SEL | Project X LZ 6.0

:callaway-small: Jaws MD5 - 50 Degrees | Dynamic Gold S200

:cleveland-small: RTX 4  56.10 | 60.9 | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

:cameron-small:    Special Select 2020 - Newport 2

:bridgestone-small: Tour Bx 2020

I tried one against the XV when I was doing my review of the 2019 Srixon offerings. I thought it was a really great ball! I didn't notice it being any longer for me than the XV but they were really very comparable in every category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

50 minutes ago, heribertomaya said:

Hi Everyone,

I just want to briefly share my assessment over the Bridgestone Tour B X after a full round on Sunday.

**Overall: ** The ball is on the firmer side (which I prefer) but its not clicky at all and has very comparable short game spin as the Pro Vs.

Driver: I believe this is the ball's best attribute. This ball seems to fly longer and roll longer than previous balls I have used recently (almost all urethane balls in the market). On Sunday's round, It would be safe to say I average over 290 from the tee with this ball, just doing my normal swing with the driver (I have always been a very fast and long hitter and I get too much backspin with most balls with the driver). My longest drive was a 325 yard drive on a 350 yard par 4. Also had 5-6 more 300+. Even my playing partners were in shock with the distances I was getting. Really high and boring flight with amazing roll.

Irons: Very controllable flight with plenty of spin, from long to short irons

Putting: Love the feel of this firmer ball, while not reaching the clicky firmess of the 2017 Srixon XV (that one feels like a rock, but need to try the 2019 version). Amazing feel around the greens and putting for those that love a firmer ball.

Drawbacks: My only concern with this otherwise "Perfect Ball' to my game, is my concern over the durability. After the 6th hole, I noticed the cover of the ball was deeply cut, it was unusable at that point, as you could visible see the inner layer of the ball (so I had to discard it, can take a pic tonight). Apart from that, this ball fits my swing and game, perfectly. I have many other balls at home that I will use up, but I think I might switch to this ball permanently very soon if the durability issue was an isolated instance (note: I had not hit any trees, or cart path or gotten in a bunker before the cover broke-in)

What do you guys think of this ball? I probably gained 10 yards with the driver with this ball.

My findings were very similar to yours.  Firm, added distance off the tee, iron distance largely unchanged, and good short game spin.  However, I had the exact opposite experience with durability.  Covers on both the Tour B XS and B X have been more resilient and have shown less wear than comparable use over 9 holes than with Pro V 1/x.  In fact I pulled a brand new Tour B into the trunk of a huge Poplar tree with my driver, and after finishing the hole and cleaning the ball there wasn't so much as a scuff from hitting the tree, and very minimal damage with my wedges.  The only bad scuff on either model was from a cart path. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

My findings were very similar to yours.  Firm, added distance off the tee, iron distance largely unchanged, and good short game spin.  However, I had the exact opposite experience with durability.  Covers on both the Tour B XS and B X have been more resilient and have shown less wear than comparable use over 9 holes than with Pro V 1/x.  In fact I pulled a brand new Tour B into the trunk of a huge Poplar tree with my driver, and after finishing the hole and cleaning the ball there wasn't so much as a scuff from hitting the tree, and very minimal damage with my wedges.  The only bad scuff on either model was from a cart path. 

thanks for the feedback and quite thrilled to hear that, as im loving this ball's performance.  I strongly suspect this was a one-time thing, which could always happen.

3 hours ago, heribertomaya said:

Thanks for sharing. I got a dozen of these after the article (along with a dozen ProV1x's, a combo pack of Snell's, some Srixion XV and more) and was not overly blown away by them. Seem better than some of the balls that I tested but still struggling to find a clear winner. Still searching for a ball with very little spin off the driver and the right amount of spin around the green. I spin the ProV1x too much but the AVX (what I was using before the ball article) doesn't seem to spin enough around the greens. The B X looked promising on paper but the spin off the driver still seems too much (for me). I'll probably try them again for a few rounds just to confirm.

I'd be curious to hear if you had any different thoughts after playing several more rounds with the B X.

Driver: :ping-small: G with Alta 55 stiff shaft, the 9° version but adjusted to 10° degrees

3 Wood: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

Irons: :cobra-small: Fly-Z 4-9 with stock stiff steel shafts

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 46°, 50°, 54°, and 58° Dynamic Gold steel shafts

Putter: Testing :odyssey-small: EXO 7S 34" Standard Lie, Black Shaft, Odyssey SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 grip

2 hours ago, Just another lefty said:

Thanks for sharing. I got a dozen of these after the article (along with a dozen ProV1x's, a combo pack of Snell's, some Srixion XV and more) and was not overly blown away by them. Seem better than some of the balls that I tested but still struggling to find a clear winner. Still searching for a ball with very little spin off the driver and the right amount of spin around the green. I spin the ProV1x too much but the AVX (what I was using before the ball article) doesn't seem to spin enough around the greens. The B X looked promising on paper but the spin off the driver still seems too much (for me). I'll probably try them again for a few rounds just to confirm.

I'd be curious to hear if you had any different thoughts after playing several more rounds with the B X.

I will surely keep this thread updated as I keep using the Tour BX,  and other balls I have purchased,  hoping to lower driver spin.