Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Pace of Play

revkev

It’s been in the news lately for sure.

I have to say that I’ve seen a marked improvement in pace of play on the courses that I play on in my area. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a round take more than 4:15 and most have been under 4:00. And the courses that I’m playing have people on them so this is it because they’re empty.

Anyone else notice the same trend in their area?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’ve not seen any change in my neck of the woods. The heat wave maybe a contributing factor. When fall creeps in maybe folks will have more pep in their step.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I will say that the courses here seem to be trying. We had a few close over the last ten years. The strongest survived and they do a pretty good job of upkeep and golf experience.

It’s interesting to me that the one that has been rumored to be closing does the worst job in those regards.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I just played in a USGA qualifier on Tuesday.  My group teed off at 8:10 am.  We were to tee off at 8:06.  So we were already 4 minutes behind.  We made the turn at 10:51.  2 hours and 41 minutes for 9 holes.  We never got a warning and were only asked by officials of our starting time.  Slow play will continue to be an issue as long as the governing bodies let it go.  

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I play 3-4 scramble events every summer.  A few years back, an organic movement began across the county.  Word got out that improving pace of play could be done with a crazy idea to implement a maximum 2 putt per hole rule.  If any group hit the green in regulation, they’d take their putt and if all four missed, they would pick up and go to their next hole.  They would take their par and cut off minutes from each hole.  

It was a brilliant rule that really works.  It’s done a great job of speeding up even the worst batch of “Johnny try hards” with a win at all costs mentality.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Playing for the first time in a week tonight after work. I'll let you guys know how it is, hoping to finish 9 holes in 2 hours or less. I will be disappointed if it takes any longer.

Keep the forum updated

WITB 2019

Driver: :taylormade-small:Taylormade M2 8.5 w/ Xstiff Aldila RIP Beta shaft

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

4-PW: :taylormade-small:Taylormade PSI iron w/ KBS C-taper stiff iron shafts

52 degree: :cleveland-small:Cleveland RTX 3

56 degree: :callaway-small:Callaway Mac Daddy 4

60 degree-::taylormade-small:Taylormade milled grind

Putter: :cameron-small:Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5

Ball::titelist-small:ProV1x

I just played in a USGA qualifier on Tuesday.  My group teed off at 8:10 am.  We were to tee off at 8:06.  So we were already 4 minutes behind.  We made the turn at 10:51.  2 hours and 41 minutes for 9 holes.  We never got a warning and were only asked by officials of our starting time.  Slow play will continue to be an issue as long as the governing bodies let it go.  

This is a totally different matter than what I’m talking about - I have played in a few of those affaires - they lasted forever even when 3:30 hour rounds were common place.

More pressure and tougher course conditions than many in the field are used to the French equals slow play.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I agree with Rev, this year has been good for pace of play. Same thing close to 20 courses have closed in the last few years, so maybe that has helped in some regard. Only a handful of notoriously slow courses remain.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

I play 3-4 scramble events every summer.  A few years back, an organic movement began across the county.  Word got out that improving pace of play could be done with a crazy idea to implement a maximum 2 putt per hole rule.  If any group hit the green in regulation, they’d take their putt and if all four missed, they would pick up and go to their next hole.  They would take their par and cut off minutes from each hole.  

It was a brilliant rule that really works.  It’s done a great job of speeding up even the worst batch of “Johnny try hards” with a win at all costs mentality.

I just played in an outing this past Saturday that had 36 4 man teams. Those same rules were in effect. It went smooth and worked great.

Edited by silver & black